Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

So...we are getting a Melo for Blake trade this off-season? Blake can continue on his path following in Amare's footsteps and Melo can finally join a banana boat member?

I hope melo does some dick head thing and refuse to get traded to spite Phil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Just say no to CP3 on the Spurs. Pels would be cool but I really doubt he leaves LA. All the rumors I've read said he likes living in the city too much.

I know. I just want him to win. I'd be cool with Blake to OKC and LA losing Doc and getting some wings.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It seems like it was just yesterday when Blake Griffin was thunder dunking the Spurs out of the playoffs and people were talking about how the Clips finally turned the corner. Now Blake is almost a forgotten man in the league

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

It seems like it was just yesterday when Blake Griffin was thunder dunking the Spurs out of the playoffs and people were talking about how the Clips finally turned the corner. Now Blake is almost a forgotten man in the league

Being injured a bunch and not dunking people into oblivion anymore will do that. It's a shame because healthy/on Blake is an awesome player to watch.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Is Blake the new Amar'''''''''''e?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

BWV posted:

No, he developed more skills than Amar'e. The difference that stands out the most is his passing. I'm pretty sure Blake's jumper is better. Blake can hit threes as well.

Here is a sad list of a few players that had more dunks than Blake Griffin in the 16-17 season.
Nene
Jabari Parker
Mason Plumlee
Cody Zeller
Alex Len
Tyson Chandler (benched for the season after the ASG)
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/stats/dunk-o-meter

It's a good thing Blake made effort to evolve his game. I hope he is healthier next season but don't think we will ever see him show the same disdain for rims.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 23, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Blake Griffin has done everything you want out of your superstar except stay healthy. Like the punching thing was his fault but other than that you can't blame him.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

Ginobili's cooked and David Lee is getting extended minutes

Better luck next year I guess, here's to another year of inexplicably losing to the Grizzlies
I mean, last time it happened there was a preeeeeetty good reason.

i'd like to curse the gods for giving nick hope & joy just to crush it
should've been a sweep for mercy's sake

now only James Harden and the Houston Rockets will profit from this gritty quagmire...is that what everyone wants??

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
As long as James Harden is not defeated, justice is not served

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

BWV posted:

It's spelled (((Amar'e)))

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I have grown to dislike Al Farouq Aminu.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Sounds like Kerr is hosed up

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/22/steve-kerr-not-kevin-durant-is-warriors-biggest-health-concern/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Wow, this is awful. Hope he gets well soon.
"At the worst of this current illness, Kerr was in excruciating pain, according to the sources, and he could barely walk. It was scary because it wasn’t a feeling he’s had before. The worst part, the Warriors don’t yet know what is going. They had to say “illness” because there are no answers yet."

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
gently caress, get in those dudes who fixed Bill Walton. That sucks.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

gently caress, get in those dudes who fixed Bill Walton. That sucks.

"Doctor" comes in with road bike and Cheech and Chong sized jumbo joint.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Watch Mike Brown coach GSW to a Finals win and a dumb team hiring him as a head coach again.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I hope you guys are loving happy that your misplaced hate toward the warriors has caused a seemingly incurable psychic illness in their coach. Need some sort of woodsman figure to kiss his sleeping beauty and break the spell.
Hahahaha WHY IS HE WEARING A CLOAK

Zogo posted:

One issue was Trevor Ariza, Patrick Beverley, Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson going 3for19 from 3P range.

It's hilarious they keep having this guy on ESPN.

Best debut games in NBA since 1984:

code:
Player			Age	GmSc	Date
Michael Carter-Williams	22-020	34.7	10/30/2013
Lamar Odom		19-361	25.1	11/2/1999
LeBron James		18-303	24.7	10/29/2003
David Robinson		24-090	23.2	11/4/1989
Gordan Giricek		25-132	22.5	10/30/2002
Allen Iverson		21-147	22.3	11/1/1996
Tom Gugliotta		22-323	22.2	11/6/1992
Ron Anderson		26-011	22	10/26/1984
Willie Anderson		21-302	21.4	11/5/1988
Donyell Marshall	21-170	21.3	11/4/1994
Rumeal Robinson		23-354	21.2	11/2/1990
Blake Griffin		21-225	20.6	10/27/2010
Steve Smith		22-216	20.6	11/2/1991
Hot Rod Williams	24-084	20.2	11/1/1986
Grant Hill		22-030	20.1	11/4/1994
Anthony Davis		19-234	20	10/31/2012
Hersey Hawkins		22-036	20	11/4/1988
MCW hasn't come close to his debut performance. :iiam:
That's a very interesting mix. Rumeal won Michigan their championship and then was out of the league in a couple years, and became a property developer in Jamaica, was recently indicted for fraud.

I think more than anything it speaks to Doug Collins's coaching ability as two of those guys were coached by him at the time (MCW and Grant Hill)

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 23, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Mike Brown leading a Finals team seems to be very fitting for 2017.

Doltos posted:

I hope melo does some dick head thing and refuse to get traded to spite Phil

Melo will run out of child support before Phil runs out of strippers.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jota posted:

:chloe:

(read: let's not do the ((())), even if you are being "ironic" about it)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The anthem of the Grizz.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Spacebump posted:

No, he developed more skills than Amar'e. The difference that stands out the most is his passing. I'm pretty sure Blake's jumper is better. Blake can hit threes as well.

Yeah his development from athletic dunker into elite ballhandler and playmaker is one of the most impressive career paths I've seen, even more than Anthony Davis.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/CountOnVic/status/856016155672227840

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Anthony Davis utilizing his high school guard skills in the NBA is a reminder that if he didn't have that growth spurt, he wouldn't have been a serious prospect.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jota posted:

The weight of his microfracture surgeries echo through history

Strawberry Panda posted:

Watch Mike Brown coach GSW to a Finals win and a dumb team hiring him as a head coach again.

He's from the Popovich coaching tree, can't lose

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

E2M2 posted:

Blake is gonna go back home to OKC

Please no

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's a drastic coaching style between Brown and Kerr, believe it or not. Kerr goes for more of a "everyone touches the ball, balanced rotation" style while Mike Brown, in the two games now, is all about that constant pick and roll and traditional play superstars max minutes guy.

Most importantly, I don't know if Brown is willingly to change starting line-ups to adapt because of his previous history.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
kerr ordered food and was done in by a nefarious Postmate

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Did the Spurs lose because their best defensive big (Dedmon) was out?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

They lost because they are soft and can't handle the grind

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

iospace posted:

We do jokes in this thread

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

iospace posted:

Jesus, it's about time we had reasonable rules around here. Lock this fucker down.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't believe the Warriors are going to lose in the finals because the stars were grounded into a fine paste

I legit hope Steve Kerr gets better soon because he's been through a lot since his back procedure

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
What does ((())) even mean

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

OH WORD SON posted:

What does ((())) even mean

It's a thing that Twitter Nazis use to notify others that someone is Jewish, because you can't search for parentheses. Jota was jokingly using it because Amar'e identifies with the Jewish people.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/856175922088693761

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's a thing that Twitter Nazis use to notify others that someone is Jewish, because you can't search for parentheses. Jota was jokingly using it because Amar'e identifies with the Jewish people.

How funny.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

That's alpha as heck

Metapod posted:

Please no

Pretty sure he had enough of this shithole growing up, but why would you not want him?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Blake and Russ dunk show would be amazing to watch, and Blake would help space the floor so Russ doesn't need to put a million stupid shots

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

EvanTH posted:

The Spurs lost because David Fizdale is a classless bitchmade motherfucker that has turned the NBA into full on WWE. The referees can't make sure Kawhi gets a fair shake because two calls for him with some flair from grizzlies players will ensure a riot. They've even resorted to having buzzers go off during Spurs' plays.

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's okay though, the jews took it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Markieff called Millsap a "crybaby" last night and when Millsap was informed of the comments after the game, Dennis Schroeder was nearby and dropped the hottest lines of 2017

quote:

Teammate Dennis Schroder, who was seated beside Millsap, groaned when he heard Morris’ comment, put his head in his hand and mumbled, “Oh my gosh, no. Oh, Paul.”

• Locked thread