Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Butt Ghost posted:

always go for True Demon Ending.
A TDE run makes you fight for the ultimate magatama while overlevelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Digital Devil Saga is loving weird you guys. A lady turns into a demon with boob teeth. You fight a zebra.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

cat doter posted:

Digital Devil Saga is loving weird you guys. A lady turns into a demon with boob teeth. You fight a zebra.

Pretty great, right? The PS2 SMT games have some really out there stuff in them.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

cat doter posted:

Maybe, but DDS2 has such a happy ending. When compared to most Megaten games.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KingEffingFrost posted:

Pretty great, right? The PS2 SMT games have some really out there stuff in them.

Digital Devil Saga is a stand-out I feel simply for having Hindu references in it. Plus the design of the parties' demon forms are really on point. I mean how often do you get that in a game? Probably never. Don't ask such stupid questions.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The 8th Day bosses in Overclocked are pretty lame so far. Only done Naoya and Amane's so far, but I'm not holding out hope for Yuzu's.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

FauxGateau posted:

Digital Devil Saga is a stand-out I feel simply for having Hindu references in it. Plus the design of the parties' demon forms are really on point. I mean how often do you get that in a game? Probably never. Don't ask such stupid questions.

I feel that DDS and Nocturne still have some of the best art direction of the lot. The environments and designs are fantastic.

In terms of user interface and graphic design, though, P3 and P4 are superior.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I think in terms of tone and presentation the Raidou games are somewhat close to Persona, though its incredibly far off gameplay-wise.

Maleficent
May 26, 2014

Neeksy posted:

I feel that DDS and Nocturne still have some of the best art direction of the lot. The environments and designs are fantastic.

I think this is an accurate assessment

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I really wanted to like DDS but in comparison to mainline SMT where grinding is not a thing but boy howdy does it expect you to hang out and kill poo poo for points

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Neeksy posted:

I think my interest in what else the SMT series has to offer mostly stems from my love of P3 and P4, they're loving fantastic games. It seems like they're pretty different from the other games though.

Apart from the obvious weird stuff, DDS feels really strange in a way that I can't quite put my finger on. Granted I'm only up to zebra dude but everything about this world just feels really off.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Neeksy posted:

Now imagine a game that had the best of these things.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Now imagine a game that had the best of these things.

I'm imagining persona 5 right now

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

FauxGateau posted:

Plus the design of the parties' demon forms are really on point. I mean how often do you get that in a game? Probably never. Don't ask such stupid questions.
Devil May Cry 3

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Butt Ghost posted:

Devil May Cry 3

I know it's like cheating isn't it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kaneko's really good.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Too bad we'll never see him again

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cat doter posted:

I think my interest in what else the SMT series has to offer mostly stems from my love of P3 and P4, they're loving fantastic games. It seems like they're pretty different from the other games though.

Apart from the obvious weird stuff, DDS feels really strange in a way that I can't quite put my finger on. Granted I'm only up to zebra dude but everything about this world just feels really off.

P3 and P4 are the only games in the series that work the way they do, up to and including the spinoffs and former Persona games that preceded them.

Everything in the world of DDS is supposed to be off.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Kaneko's really good.

Seriously. I miss his design work so much. :smith:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Let's murder the dude who does devil survivor and get him back

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

cat doter posted:

There's both thematic and narrative reasons for that dissonance you're feeling.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Let's just get rid of Devil Survivor guy on general principle.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Quick someone post the boob size logic graph.

Maleficent
May 26, 2014
devil survivor guy is like a huge far cry from pretty much every other artist in the series i dont know how he even made it past screening. big tity

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's because of the big titty

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

he was hired because he draws big titties

Maleficent
May 26, 2014

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Let's just get rid of Devil Survivor guy on general principle.

He's not so bad if you get better artists to draw for him. He's almost ok then.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Good an excuse as any to post this.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We'll create new physics to make sure these tits stay afloat.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

P3 and P4 are the only games in the series that work the way they do, up to and including the spinoffs and former Persona games that preceded them.

Everything in the world of DDS is supposed to be off.

Yeah I didn't mean off as in bad, I figured it's intentional, I kinda like it when games are like that. Weird, off poo poo is my jam.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hmmmmmm I wonder if there will be boob jiggle physics in Persona 5

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Policenaut posted:

This is it, thanks. This always makes me laugh.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

Saagonsa posted:

It will come out, actually

well, i have a crowdfunded bridge to sell you made by the dream of Chris Roberts

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Can someone explain the image? I gather the math says that Yuzu has her own gravitational field to which her boobs try to ascend, is that right?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Szurumbur posted:

Can someone explain the image? I gather the math says that Yuzu has her own gravitational field to which her boobs try to ascend, is that right?

That's Io from Devil Survivor 2. Yuzu is in Devil Survivor 1. But same equation applies however.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Having been binging on Overclocked recently, Yuzu is definitely pretty busty, but not nearly as badly done as Io. They're at least not trying to break free and fly away.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is Devil Survivor 2 any good?

Also if I've played DS1, is Overclocked worthwhile?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Is Devil Survivor 2 any good?

Also if I've played DS1, is Overclocked worthwhile?

It's pretty much more of the same, with some quality of life improvements like the Compendium, and some more skills and demons that make more families viable to use in the end game. As well as team leaders gaining EXP even when not in use. The 8th days (only three were added, though one (Naoya/Kaido) has a branch path) are alright for some added challenge, but not really all that. If you liked DS1, and the improvements sound like something you'd want, than I'd say it's worth it.

It does have a bug that wasn't present in the original, with the data cards. Sometimes the game locks up when you try to analyze them. It doesn't always happen, and you can go pretty long between it happening or it can happen drat near every time you try. Just save at least before every battle, and you should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AngryRobotsInc posted:

It does have a bug that wasn't present in the original, with the data cards. Sometimes the game locks up when you try to analyze them. It doesn't always happen, and you can go pretty long between it happening or it can happen drat near every time you try. Just save at least before every battle, and you should be good.

I did a study of this thing that once took away like an hour of my progress and here's how you counter it (at least in the NA version; not sure if it applies to the European or Japanese ones): Whenever you're about to collect the data card, turn off the Wireless on your 3DS. Once you've made sure the yellow light is turned off, grab the data card. Once the dialog box comes up and tells you what you got, you can turn the Wireless back on. That's it.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that it's a lovely bug that can cost you a lot of progress if you don't save that often.