Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Fair enough, I guess. For me i've only seen it shared alongside with .gifs of kamina, goku or the iron giant dying because self sacrifice looks dope as hell. :shrug:

I've seen it in both contexts (although it's still dumb as a self-sacrifice, it's more Chaotzu blowing himself up than Goku). As I said, the other .gif is cooler because the Rein survives AND fucks up the stupid D.Va that was emoting in preparation for a sick-rear end POTG gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
All I've ever done is hook and pull exploding D.Vas into my team, so that Reinhart is certainly more heroic than I am.

But I usually hate my team, so.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
In Legend of Zelda part 29 the spider hand puppet with an action figure rider Matt was thinking of was probably Sectaurs.

I owned the man with the ginger mustache (#3 on the top row if dudes) as a kid.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Look at that pink flight suit

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's pale red.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Salmon

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Why is that dude called Four Vaginas

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watch Gundam to find out

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

He seems like a cool dude

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Watch Gundam to find out

do I have to start at his un vagina humble beginnings or can I just jump straight into the middle of the tres vagina?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

do I have to start at his un vagina humble beginnings or can I just jump straight into the middle of the tres vagina?

You need to get the whole vagina monologues

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dias posted:

yeah and then people kept sharing it as "look how smart"

it's not it's dumb there's even a better one where the rein actually shields up after the charge, survives AND kills the zero suit d.va

and I remember seeing that before the sacrifice one, so "it was day 1" is kind of a whatever excuse. I totally got Woolie's rage because everyone keeps hyping up the idea of Reinhardt sacrificing himself to take out D.Va's ult - it's not been exclusive to that one tumblr post/gif.

It's fine that people aren't perfect at video games, its just that everyone's just hyping up the wrong thing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Baal posted:

Watch Gundam to find out

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't even know this Reinhardt self sacrifice thing was a thing and I've put in a shitton of hours and know that's a stupid thing to do and I literally don't care that people are hyping it up, because why the gently caress do I care about people getting excited over a random gif they probably came across and went "Oh hey that was a cool thing."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

people getting excited over a random gif they probably came across and went "Oh hey that was a cool thing."

This is literally all I've seen when that gif came up, I've never seen anyone try to suggest it as a good tactic to take when D.Va's using her ult.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh a Nier run

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thank you based Liam.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I'm actually surprised it took them so long to do a Neir run after Automata got announced.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We are in an age of liam

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

quote:

Super Best Friends Play Dark Souls 3 (Part 34 FINAL)

Thank god

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
DLC in 3 months.
You will never truly be free from Souls.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Souls Never Die!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Tried finding a ps3 copy of nier for a while and now i dont have to

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

well souls is finally over and what does the audience feel about this beloved series coming to an end?

oh...

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lucky Ted's very unlucky adventure

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DS3 was a great playthrough and produced one of the best gags to ever come out of the channel.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go listen to the Skeleton Warriors remix again.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dark Souls and its fans got the playthrough they deserved

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I enjoyed the Dark Souls 3 LP by the Super Best Friends Zaibatsu.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Dark Souls and its fans got the playthrough they deserved

But DSP's playthrough has been done since the 25th of April. :confused:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Before I got into Souls games, I believed the games were good but the fanbase was awful.

This LP has confirmed both those suspicions.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Before I got into Souls games, I believed the games were good but the fanbase was awful.

This is true of most especially beloved games. The only exception I think I have ever found is the community for OG Doom.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Oh a Nier run

Sigh, I will give this five episodes

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

YF-23 posted:

I enjoyed the Dark Souls 3 LP by the Super Best Friends Zaibatsu.

it was good and fun :)

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

This LP has confirmed both those suspicions.

The fan base of everything medium-popular is awful. Fans of really niche/unpopular things will be really happy just to see their thing showing up, and fans of super popular things just take for granted that all kinds of content exists everywhere, and have an unlimited buffet of other videos if they don't love the SBFP treatment.

With things like Souls, or Undertale, or FFX, it exists in a lovely middle ground that has enough people to form a subculture/community around, but not enough that you feel comfortable keeping the weirdos/assholes out, and that's where the trouble lies.

LP was great, best Souls one on the channel despite the minor problem of Matt/Woolie not being on the same page as Pat lore-wise. Also Pat blowing people up on Twitter about his quest to get huge was hilarious.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Sigh, I will give this five episodes

Pat/Liam is consistently the best LP pairing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If it's Pat/Liam then I'll probably watch it, yeah

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The weapon art for the firelink sword should let you dig underground.

You become the bonfire mimic.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
What is it about the deus ex lp that makes them seem especially loopy

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

The darksouls lp was the only full lp of theirs that I bothered finishing since the starfox adventures playthrough but maybe I just enjoy garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Man Whore posted:

well souls is finally over and what does the audience feel about this beloved series coming to an end?

oh...

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 9, 2016