Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

The FC3 has the A-10 included which is why I got it. I am still doing the training modules to learn how to get it off the ground. I plan on getting into the Operation Blue Flag games once I get the hang of it. This game is not forgiving in any way and I am dying to BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT all over the place once I do.

Just digging up this old post to clarify, in case I'm just not msireading you, that the A-10A included in FC3 is not the same as the A-10C sold sperately. The "A" is the same simplifed level sim as the rest of FC3, the "C" is full sperg-level sim with a 600 page manual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

isn't that the (terrible) writer guy? now i freely admit that i know nothing of games development, but shouldn't an animator or artist be handling that sort of thing?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Samizdata posted:

Hunt The Wumpus.

On a TTY on a timeshare system.

This.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also DCS: AJS-37 Viggen is out, and at 59.99$ it's quite an expensive jpg. I was sorely disapointed however to find that not only did it slot flawlessly into an already working game full of content, it neither deskeletonized you nor dumped your twitching body in mid-air. I feel cheated compared to SC :mad:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Space mime is in. This performance is called "Letting out a trapped space raccoon"

http://i.imgur.com/pyZojA0.mp4

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

MoMA, defends this scam
While his gun clips though his head
He's just scared the project's dead

Development has only just begun
Takes time to make a game that's Triple-A

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Erenthal posted:

Also DCS: AJS-37 Viggen is out, and at 59.99$ it's quite an expensive jpg. I was sorely disapointed however to find that not only did it slot flawlessly into an already working game full of content, it neither deskeletonized you nor dumped your twitching body in mid-air. I feel cheated compared to SC :mad:

I'm going to be very disappointed if there isn't a mission in there to do a mock shoot-down of an SR-71. :sweden: :colbert:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Brian Chambers ending his speech.

- ... Appreciate all the port... The support! See you again soon.

OwlofDoom
Feb 27, 2003

Erenthal posted:

fixed that for you (i like dcs too)

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

I'm going to be very disappointed if there isn't a mission in there to do a mock shoot-down of an SR-71. :sweden: :colbert:

Well... that was the JA-37 Viggen not the AJS, so prepare to be disapointed in that regard. The AJS has only two measly old-model Sidewinders for AA. But it has Robot 15, and BK90 :)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Everyone's busy.

http://i.imgur.com/OvAAK1k.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/giDAWrS.mp4

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

And the last but not least...

...ending on a recipe for a testicular manslaughter.

http://i.imgur.com/qMZEUh1.mp4

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

MOMA

Please. Do post another smug smilie. It's been a while. Tia.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Erenthal posted:

Well... that was the JA-37 Viggen not the AJS, so prepare to be disapointed in that regard. The AJS has only two measly old-model Sidewinders for AA. But it has Robot 15, and BK90 :)

True enough. What is it with DCS and ground attack, anyway?

And why isn't it on Steam yet? Everything sucks!

Tippis fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 4, 2017

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

DapperDon posted:

The FC3 has the A-10 included which is why I got it. I am still doing the training modules to learn how to get it off the ground. I plan on getting into the Operation Blue Flag games once I get the hang of it. This game is not forgiving in any way and I am dying to BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT all over the place once I do.

That's the A-10A. Like all FC3 planes its systems are really simplified. In the A-10C, you can switch every tiny little button in the cockpit, and it does what it does in reality. All systems are 100% simulated (sans stuff that is still classified). As I said, quite spergy, but really satisfying once you get the hang of it.

e:fb

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/hamill_france/status/837968081293029376

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I'm the webcam that Chris uses to spy on everyone to make sure they are crunching 24/7

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
If you use any other beef stew recipe than this one you are doing it incorrectly

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

How the gently caress does something like that happen :psyduck:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I'd like to understand game devlopment so I could interpret this schedule. Sadly all I can see now is 3 random lines leading to void.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Instructions are not narrated by an edgy stick figure.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Like a SC article, the comments are always the best part.

- didn't have worstershire sauce so I used ponzu to replace the soy and worstershire.

- I should have noted that I had to leave the potatoes out of the recipe - family members can't have them. If this is what caused the stew to be thin ?

- Why not star anise for umami?

Also i would use boiled beef bones in the broth instead of the gelatin. Taste more "meaty".

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:frogsiren: Voting thread is up for our branch of the top forums dog contest :frogsiren:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you had told a backer around Gamescom that 2.6.2 wouldn't be released until March, they'd flip their poo poo and call you a troll.

Now, it's Thursday.

Heh.

Schedule report is out. Mar 23rd is the target date. :D

9 more months to 3.0 :D

Remember back when I said 3.0 didn't even exist? So now, by end of Q1/17, backers get 2.6.2.

The biggest issue here is that croberts inadvertently set them up to fail. Right off the bat.

Once money started rolling in, the pressure to produce goes up. Then once Nov 2014 was missed (by 28 months now) - and more money came in - the pressure increased exponentially.

So of course the longer it takes, the more it costs. The more it costs, the more money they will need to raise. The game isn't finished, so they can't monetize it. So they monetize the concept and ship sales. And that in turn adds more pressure because backers then get even more nervous.

Then croberts goes on the record and says they will need on-going funding to finish the game. And if that doesn't happen, at least they will have enough to finish SQ42. A game which isn't even close to the Star Citizen (aka PU) that backers put all this money in.

The schedule is a clear indication that the game is a long - long - way off. Which is why they dare not be truthful about it, nor release the "real" internal schedule.

Which is why this statement in the schedule is patently FALSE

quote:

IV.Internal schedules, the ones you will now be privy to, tend to have aggressive dates to help the team focus and scope their tasks, especially in the case of tech development. Every team, even a team blessed with the kind of support and freedom you have allowed us, needs target dates in order to focus and deliver their work.

For the above to be true, that would mean there is no 3.0 schedule because that build doesn't exist. If it does in fact exist, why is it not in the public schedule that they're claiming backers are now "privy" to?

...then there's my recap.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 5, 2017

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Space mime is in. This performance is called "Letting out a trapped space raccoon"

http://i.imgur.com/pyZojA0.mp4

Look at Guy #3. Doesn't do anything at all interesting. Doesn't even have a gun. It probably cost my yearly salary to mocap him doing this. MONEY WELL SPENT.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Missing Fox posted:

Look at Guy #3. Doesn't do anything at all interesting. Doesn't even have a gun. It probably cost my yearly salary to mocap him doing this. MONEY WELL SPENT.

There's a slight sway, may be inebriated.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

If they manage to finish SQ42 but not SC, how could they justify having charged hundreds or thousands of dollars for what would amount to DLC for a single player game?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Erenthal posted:

Just digging up this old post to clarify, in case I'm just not msireading you, that the A-10A included in FC3 is not the same as the A-10C sold sperately. The "A" is the same simplifed level sim as the rest of FC3, the "C" is full sperg-level sim with a 600 page manual.

I didn't know that. I am still struggling to get to the end of the runway with the Frogfoot.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

It's hard to hate CR when these are the people he's scamming... These people must be a virtue test sent by the Devil to prove that even a nun could be convinced to steal the choir boy's dollar.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kVXrcW-fKo&t=376s

:gary:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 4, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Roflan posted:

Have a sample of a professional studio doing art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYFFmUqYug4

Does anyone know if that GDC talk is, or will be, posted anywhere(or is in english)?

I'm a gameplay over graphics kind of guy but that is some beautiful stuff. Eat your heart out crobberts.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

:frogsiren: Voting thread is up for our branch of the top forums dog contest :frogsiren:

Did vote Kayak, although Lucky and Sammie are pretty :3:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Why isn't this company built on smoke and mirrors giving them accurate and detailed information."

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The shitizen's got a point here, how is it possibly fair to let the game speak for itself?

I mean, just look at the loving state of it. Any right minded individual who sees it would have to conclude that CIG are a loving joke, and that's not right at all!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Virtual Captain posted:

I'm a gameplay over graphics kind of guy but that is some beautiful stuff. Eat your heart out crobberts.

The gameplay isn't half-bad either for a Final Fantasy game…

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Frontier = Money grubbing due to charging a reasonable fee for new game content for their released game to expand the experience.

CIG = Perfectly legit and upstanding, charging $100's (even $1000's) for indiviual ships with no game to use them in.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Imagine furiously explaining Derek Smart to the Peapod delivery guy dropping off you Bagel Bites and soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004