Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I want to lol but I can't

I can't believe he just admitted to all of it on twitter

I think I'm gonna have a stroke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Ok can someone pls explain (I'm still stuck on the tie):

Trump says "I gave this classified information to the Russians which I have a legal right to do as POTUS" while meanwhile staffers are tweeting that he did not do this, at all, ever ever ever. Is that right?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
An unstoppable lol meets an immovable object (me, a fat goon in a LED-emblazoned gamer chair). Which will break first?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

du -hast posted:

Trump says "I gave this classified information to the Russians which I have a legal right to do as POTUS" while meanwhile staffers are tweeting that he did not do this, at all, ever ever ever. Is that right?

Russia foreign ministry is also denying it.

The only 100% bone fide source for his leaking of secrets right now is Trump himself.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

du -hast posted:

correct, but nothing matters

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

du -hast posted:

Yes -everybody was falling all over themselves to say that Trump didn't leak top tier confidential info in a private (no US press) meeting with the russians to seem cool and then 2 hours later he went on twitter and said "I did it and I'm allowed to and where is the leaker??"

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

du -hast posted:

He never technically said he shared CLASSIFIED information...

hmbol

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I'm hyperventilating here it's too much, Trump is too funny. Is there like an IQ assessment of the man somewhere, he must no lie be in the mid-upper eighties at best.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
"who leaks the leakers..."

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

du -hast posted:

lol yes

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

du -hast posted:

Well, I mean, if you put it like that it sounds absolutely ludicrous.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
mornin lol at our idiot retard president and every single idiot retard Trump voter. lol @ u.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
I bet the White House tack is going to be something like "well he mentioned some facts but he didn't disclose the METHODS!" as if the two are separable.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Feminasty Slut posted:

mornin lol at our idiot retard president and every single idiot retard Trump voter. lol @ u.

don't forget the people who stayed home on election day and really made this lol marathon possible

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Minimalist Program posted:

The lols are accelerating guys we're nearing terminal lol velocity here, at a much faster rate than anybody could've imagined.

Ahem ...

Terminal velolcity

ZZKoverts
Sep 12, 2011
In the Oval office, Dondald Jackanape Trump lingers furtively near the door, his bottom lip thrust out in an expression of petulant indignation.

He shuffles from one foot to the other, grasps the doorknob, gently turns it and cracks the door open just enough to peek outside.

The mean secret service agent who stole his phone is still outside. His face turns towards the door, impassive behind sunglasses.
"BAD!" Trump yells through the crack with rage and slams the door shut, returning to the sit at the resolute desk.

He jabs a turgid finger at the coke button.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Trump's press team is basically Lucy at the conveyor belt.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Shiiiiiit I'm about to go to bed and there will probably be a few hundred new posts in this thread by the time I wake up. I don't know if I can make it through all of them before I go to work while also hmbol.

This is a good thing.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

don't forget the people who stayed home on election day and really made this lol marathon possible

nah they're ok. I'm lolin' at people who heard Trump say retarded things over and over and loving over and thought "That's the retard we need."

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Those tweets are being archived all over the place, right?

I mean, they're also ... phhhhhfffftttt! ... official government records, right?

lol - the president just admitted to giving (at the time) classified information to the Russians, and that is now a part of the official record.

hmbol!

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Trump hasn't even made it a year and he already has hosed up more times than probably any other presidents full term lol

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ambient robot posted:

He never technically said he shared CLASSIFIED information...

hmbol

Yes, and that's pretty much what everyone defending him is going to say, even though saying "I'M ALLOWED TO DO IT" heavily implies that that's exactly what he did

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Yes, and that's pretty much what everyone defending him is going to say, even though saying "I'M ALLOWED TO DO IT" heavily implies that that's exactly what he did

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/05/trump-russia-code-word/526833/

quote:

Code word classification is so far off the scale, even fake spies rarely refer to it in the movies. Technically, the president can "declassify" anything he wants, so he did not violate any laws. But as Lawfare notes, if the president tweeted out the nuclear codes, he also wouldn't violate the law—but he would rightly be considered unfit for office.

Trump: Hold my diet coke

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Unfinish3d posted:

I really want a 'but her e-mails!' shirt now. I feel like it'll be relevant for a long time to come for some reason

https://www.amazon.com/Emails-2016-...+emails+t+shirt

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Big City Drinkin posted:

I bet the White House tack is going to be something like "well he mentioned some facts but he didn't disclose the METHODS!" as if the two are separable.

That's the thing it'd be fine if he said something like "we have credible intel that a terror organization is planning to use a device disguised in a laptop", but he almost certainly rambled something like "oh we get such great intelligence, for instance we banned laptops because the French have a guy embedded in Mosul with the ISIS there, and he let us know they were brainstorming bomb ideas and laptops were one of them. They told us his codename was desert viper, isn't spy stuff neat?"

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Somebody do the "It's goofy time" picture with goofy about to beat his kid and replace Goofy with trump and the kid with spicer.

e: I did it myself.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

du -hast posted:

yup

but her emails

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Minimalist Program posted:

Yes -everybody was falling all over themselves to say that Trump didn't leak top tier confidential info in a private (no US press) meeting with the russians to seem cool and then 2 hours later he went on twitter and said "I did it and I'm allowed to and where is the leaker??"

Well it's even better since info the Trump leaked was on a human asset intel provided by another country.

Basically means other countries will probably be less inclined to share intel leads with the US out of fear that Trump will leak the information.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Has he finished his tweet yet?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/864337001759113217

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

#leadership

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

he should make a reality show where he invites presidential candidates on and fires one each week

then the last one gets his job

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

this scene is almost definitely going to be in the biopic in 20 years time

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/AP/status/864470862141022208

hell yes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/TasneemN/status...%3D7535%23pti32

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

They could have done so much better, for example

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Welp, I'm dead now. I died from a lol overdose. Posting this from the grave after having died my balls off laughing. Rip in pisstape

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Wear the hat you trump voting poo poo stains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Either the Democrats have something big on the Republicans or Mitch is really good at trolling.