Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I'm sticking with Bowlyn's default B skill because it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Havin fun on team Ike. Took me forever to get that guy and I feel like I owe it to myself.

Also yeah bow Lyn is pretty rad so far. Is desperation the goto b skill or are most of yall sticking with her built in? Or something else im not thinking of? She sure does make a great pair with rein though jinkies

The default is both good and absurd, so I'm keeping it.

I might actually keep her whole kit and just add a draw back or something.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'll give her the Brave Bow kit but I'll probably use her regular bow and skills because I like how her bow looks.

Also, I'm ranked 387 in team Lyn. Feeling pretty happy about that.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm keeping her default (+draw back) for now. Already have bridelia and am not a big fan of removing her next-level power creep weapon just yet. Plus no spare brave bow+.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

I am beginning to SERIOUSLY hate Fredrick's dumb face. FOUR of those are from today alone!

Also if anyone on Team Hector wants to use my cool Leon my code is 7657045729.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Sent. My one hector buddy has been sending out rein, i could use the variety

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

LightningSquid posted:

I am beginning to SERIOUSLY hate Fredrick's dumb face. FOUR of those are from today alone!

Sent you a request as well. These three Hector matches have to stop. I'm using a Brave Lance Tana as my lead right now since I'm seeing so many red units.

Edit: 6280012101 is my code, in case someone on Team Hector wants some assistance. Cleared out some people who haven't played the game in a long time, so I have some spots left on my friend list.

Retcon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 1, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lucina's done. Having an SRobin for lance valor sped it up a ton

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I've been contributing my 4*+10 Cherche to the gauntlet. She is very good at killing things but is also good at being killed.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Sent to other hectorbro too.

cheetah7071 posted:

Lucina's done. Having an SRobin for lance valor sped it up a ton
Also i kinda want one of these just because the armor looks so cool.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

LightningSquid posted:

I've rolled something like 18 FCorrins. 11 of them went into building a 4 star+10 and 5 or so have been turned into Draconic Aura juice. You can do the same with Freddy

Elyv fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 1, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Being sick gave me a lot of time for this today.
So, who gets this hone cav i have sitting around and who gets this fortify cav I'm about to get? I guess i have this 4* 40 gunter too, so i have 2 hones.

-blade 4*cecilia (has fort res)
-blade+ ursula
Brave+ 4*Freddy+2 (has fort def)
Our boy roy
BowLyn

Xander already has hone, clive has fort.
I'm thinking hone on roy, fort on lyn? Then maybe another hone on ursula?

E: camus already has goad, should i put ward on a couple?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

18 FCorrins and not a single one can figure out how to put a pair of boots on smh

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I almost want to put cancel affinity on my Lyn to mess with people who've built a raven user up to counter her, but her native b skill is too good

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Firesweep+/CA on Lyn is a powerful meme

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
im not spending money on gacha, i would never spend money on gacha *pours 40bux into clear orbs*

the bow lyn i pulled had slightly worse than neutral ivs (+hp/-def) but the upshot is i can grind hella sp on both before merging, theyre both like 35+ now and one has lad3 and the other has brave bow+ and its gonna own when i merge them

UHD posted:

I'm sticking with Bowlyn's default B skill because it's hilarious.

why wouldnt you, sacae's blessing is stupid good bc the only types of units quad bows struggle with are bulky distant counter users and lol, just lol

AverySpecialfriend fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 1, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Well I didn't end up getting SCorrin, but I did break my pity rate on her banner with an Azura, so that's alright. I only wanted SCorrin for being a tome flier anyway, I can live without her. Got a -Atk YTiki I can feed to my slightly better one with my free pull on the voting gauntlet lady banner.

So I figured I'm going to wait until the main CYL banner goes away before I choose on the free banner. My free pull on the main banner was Brave Ike. +Atk/-Res. Frankly I think I can stop complaining about constant bad IVs for at least a month.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Havin fun on team Ike. Took me forever to get that guy and I feel like I owe it to myself.

Also yeah bow Lyn is pretty rad so far. Is desperation the goto b skill or are most of yall sticking with her built in? Or something else im not thinking of? She sure does make a great pair with rein though jinkies

Bow Lyn might be the new hotness, but the default state for any archer going up against a buffed Xander/Camus/Hector is a reddish smear on the ground. Her B skill is the only thing keeping her pitiful def and hp from being crippling in the current Arena meta.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
After picking Lyn for the free hero, I spent over 350 orbs on this banner and got:

Lyn (+Spd/-Res, -Atk/+Res, -HP/+Atk) Debating whether the first or last one is the best, leaning towards the first, though she loses 4 res instead of the standard 3 for that bane

Ike (+Atk/-Def) Kind of wish he was -Res instead but he still seems good?

Roy (-Hp/+Spd) With Steady blow he'll have 41 Spd so I'm pretty happy

Lucina (+Atk/-Res) Her res is already garbage so this is fine

Off-Banner
Maria (+HP/-Spd) the price of chasing Lyn
Effie (-Atk/+Spd) I already have a +Atk/-Spd one so this had Death Blow fodder written all over her

I got the Ike and Roy within the first hundred orbs, but I REALLY wanted a Lucina because she looks super cool in that armor so I kept pulling Blue and Colorless until I got her and it took me forever to do it, but I picked up 3 extra Lyns on the way and DB3, and when I finally got her, the IVs weren't bad so I can't complain too much.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Murderion posted:

Bow Lyn might be the new hotness, but the default state for any archer going up against a buffed Xander/Camus/Hector is a reddish smear on the ground. Her B skill is the only thing keeping her pitiful def and hp from being crippling in the current Arena meta.

Can confirm, my unbuffed hector laughed at her arrows and then blew her up with his laser eyes.

E: wowzas, hector started getting trounced with Chrom's last bonus.

Bonus time, Hector peeps

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 1, 2017

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

Firesweep+/CA on Lyn is a powerful meme

hahahaha if only i had a rebecca

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Centzon Totochtin posted:

After picking Lyn for the free hero, I spent over 350 orbs on this banner and got:

Lyn (+Spd/-Res, -Atk/+Res, -HP/+Atk) Debating whether the first or last one is the best, leaning towards the first, though she loses 4 res instead of the standard 3 for that bane

absolutely use the +atk lyn omg

my lyn so far

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

AverySpecialfriend posted:

absolutely use the +atk lyn omg

my lyn so far

Even if I don't plan on giving her Brave Bow? With Brave Bow, she'd had 48 attack and 35 Speed with LaD which seems like of underwhelming unless I use horse buffs

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Wow, japan woke up and they love Chrom.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Even if I don't plan on giving her Brave Bow? With Brave Bow, she'd had 48 attack and 35 Speed with LaD which seems like of underwhelming unless I use horse buffs

My +spd BCordelia hits 48 atk/38 spd. In any practical scenario, she has enough atk, but she doesn't always have enough speed in PvE stuff. +atk will be marginally better in arena (you'll be able to weaken wary fighter armors a bit more to enable team-up kills slightly better) but in tempest trials/chain challenge/whatever you absolutely want every point of speed you can eke out

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

-atk hector and -spd lucina :|

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I'm Team Camilla. My code is 4868756371. I currently have Delthea as my lead unit, but I could always swap her for... A buncha other 5*s. I dunno who's really really strong, but my current list is:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

LightningSquid posted:

Freddie isn't a bad unit to have too many of. For one, Luna fodder. For another, he's a pretty decent unit in his own right. Make something of your infinite Freddies! Pick the one with the best nature (he wants +atk), give the man a Brave Axe, and get to merging! If you can get all the way to 4* +10, then that's the same as having a 5*+5. Then you have a very nice unit to slot into a Cav team, if you so choose. Or just a mobile damage dealer who can zip around the map and axe your enemies a question (twice).

Plus he wears a tuxedo under his armor. Dude's classy.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I guess I'll train both the +Spd and +Atk Lyns up to 40 tomorrow during the double SP period and see what I I think about them before I merge or inherit skills.

Tempted to keep the -Atk/+Res one around as skill inheritance for swift sparrow but I also want a stronger Lyn. If I only merged her once, would she get +1 to Atk and Spd or Hp and Spd? I think it goes off her neutral stats and her HP and Atk are tied at 35 and I think HP takes priority?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Okay I'm gonna stop watching the Hector/ chrom score.
I don't wanna get whiplash.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
Can anyone explain the logic behind putting up the most popular character against the second most popular character in the first round on both sides? Are interns running these events?

GBS Ambassador fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 1, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Someone on my friends list is being the change they want to see:

Last voting gauntlet she was only +5.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
-Atk/+HP Lucina I think I'm done

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Freddie isn't a bad unit to have too many of. For one, Luna fodder. For another, he's a pretty decent unit in his own right. Make something of your infinite Freddies! Pick the one with the best nature (he wants +atk), give the man a Brave Axe, and get to merging! If you can get all the way to 4* +10, then that's the same as having a 5*+5. Then you have a very nice unit to slot into a Cav team, if you so choose. Or just a mobile damage dealer who can zip around the map and axe your enemies a question (twice).

Plus he wears a tuxedo under his armor. Dude's classy.

The problem is I've been saving the Brave Axe+ I have floating around for a good Cherche. But I still haven't pulled one of her with a +ATK nature, so I'll look at my Fred hoard and see if any of them are +ATK/-RES. If I've got one of those I'll build him.

I don't really need much Luna fodder anymore because I've already used a ton of Freds for that already! The man just won't leave me alone.

EDIT: Like 5 of them are +ATK, what the hell? None of them are -RES though. Is this where all my IV luck has been going instead of my Cherches? I'm so mad.

LightningSquid fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 1, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LightningSquid posted:

The problem is I've been saving the Brave Axe+ I have floating around for a good Cherche. But I still haven't pulled one of her with a +ATK nature, so I'll look at my Fred hoard and see if any of them are +ATK/-RES. If I've got one of those I'll build him.

I don't really need much Luna fodder anymore because I've already used a ton of Freds for that already! The man just won't leave me alone.

EDIT: Like 5 of them are +ATK, what the hell? None of them are -RES though. Is this where all my IV luck has been going instead of my Cherches? I'm so mad.

Reminder that a neutral cherche has the same attack as a +ATK Fred

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
People on team Hector being the change

Hey, he has distant counter. That should count for extra points.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Andrast posted:

Reminder that a neutral cherche has the same attack as a +ATK Fred

... That's a really good point, actually. I do have quite a few Cherches sitting around as well, so I think I'm just going to build up a neutral one for now and merge them until I pull a +ATK one. I could really use a flier that doesn't suck. Maybe I'll feed her one of the Freddies for Luna after all! Thanks for your help guys.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Holy poo poo MRobin is bad, an unbuffed Tharja without a special charged one-shot him in gauntlet. I had 2 tharjas and a Henry (what the gently caress random player) against a MRobin, Kagero, and Lilina. By the end, I only had a Tharja left and was resigned to losing but them Robin attacked her and killed himself while leaving her with 6 hp. I assumed he had TA Blarraven but I guess not and now I'll ever know.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I'm having fun smashing faces in with Hector/regular Ike and going through the story quests when I have the stamina. Is there anything I need to be doing regularly that I might miss?

I did the Gunter special maps that were about to expire and started on the daily maps. I used up my three Arena fights and it appears those refresh daily? I also hopped into the Voting Gauntlet and did a battle of that. When I get to 20 orbs I do a pull on the New Heroes: Brave Heroes banner and pull all the blues/greens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BGrifter posted:

So I'm having fun smashing faces in with Hector/regular Ike and going through the story quests when I have the stamina. Is there anything I need to be doing regularly that I might miss?

I did the Gunter special maps that were about to expire and started on the daily maps. I used up my three Arena fights and it appears those refresh daily? I also hopped into the Voting Gauntlet and did a battle of that. When I get to 20 orbs I do a pull on the New Heroes: Brave Heroes banner and pull all the blues/greens.

The Grand hero battle against Narcian is going away in two days. Do that if you can.