Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Just played 15 or so games of trials.

Played the same 3 teams for 14 of them.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

BlindSite posted:

If anyone wants to see a cheesefactory and blindsite caused meltdown

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232151579?t=02h23m10s Last round and end of game are amazing.

beautiful

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Just played 15 or so games of trials.

Played the same 3 teams for 14 of them.

:stare:

You must actually still like this game if you keep playing

edit: I thought that pulse you are using is only good on PC?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Blindsite, CheeseFactory, are you guys playing Trials on PS4? If so, would you mind teaming up with me? I wanna try and get Darkest Before before the patch hits and everybody's using it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What perks are people using on Darkest before?

I have one laying around from early season so when it eventually becomes meta and the game gets tolerable again I want to know.

Small bore and a few CB mods? Arrowhead brake? What's the deal?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

You must actually still like this game if you keep playing

edit: I thought that pulse you are using is only good on PC?

It's like all things. When you play something with friends and your good at it, it's fun. We still have a core group of players from my clan who are active so that's nice.

Was D2 a let down? gently caress oath.

The pulse is really good on console. But you NEED stability mods. So you kind of have to make a few sacrifices to use it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What perks are people using on Darkest before?

I have one laying around from early season so when it eventually becomes meta and the game gets tolerable again I want to know.

Small bore and a few CB mods? Arrowhead brake? What's the deal?

Smallbore and the Sliding perk.

Plus 2 stability mods.

And mine has MW +range.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

VJeff posted:

Blindsite, CheeseFactory, are you guys playing Trials on PS4? If so, would you mind teaming up with me? I wanna try and get Darkest Before before the patch hits and everybody's using it.

Im kinda going for a big trials streak at the moment.

I got to 199 in D1 and lost...

In D2 i would of easily gotten 250 straight off the bat but a black screen game which counted as a loss ruined that.

Im about 140ish currently.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Smallbore and the Sliding perk.

Plus 2 stability mods.

And mine has MW +range.

Cool that's literally what I have :stoked:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Cool that's literally what I have :stoked:

Yeah its p good.

You can make the range even higher but the recoil is just a bit to much.

Get into the habit of sliding constantly with it or just before a gun fight, the boost it gives is noticeable.

I have something like a 70% accuracy with this thing.

And its not even a XIM thing, its a hitbox thing.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
We had two fairly easy flawless runs last night. But we matched with a tough team on a 5 or 6 win streak...

Then we immediately matched with them again and ruined their run :)

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

ReverendDre posted:

Just play Monster Hunter World and close the thread

E: sorry xboners :(

FTFY

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

We had two fairly easy flawless runs last night. But we matched with a tough team on a 5 or 6 win streak...

Then we immediately matched with them again and ruined their run :)

RACK EM

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lots of thoughts (Frostmire's Hex more like Frostmire's Sex if you get it down, Forward Path is meh, Metronome okay) but the most prevalent at this moment: ghost rounds from a hand cannon immediately enrage me and turn me heel. Holy gently caress do I want to run into Bungie, jump, tuck, and cannonball thru every last desk and work station.

:argh:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So because I hate myself I played a poo poo ton of this game this morning while watching soccer. I got the Forward Path FWC AR on literally my final rank up, which was all I wanted. It actually seems pretty nice.

Slamming public events on Earth while Devrim is dropping 330 engrams is pretty ace.

The game is still shallow as hell but for a "play it every once in a while" type activity the core 6 seconds of fun almost redeems it.

Also I watched that cheese/blindsite twitch vid and holy poo poo is destiny 2 pvp loving boring to watch. Yikes.

Now watch this drive.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
That new FWC kinetic auto is loving great, btw. Just got one and took it for a spin with double kinetic stability hunter and that mother fucker is ~crisp~.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I got that auto but haven't tried it yet. Looks decent as long as its got good stability.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

I got that auto but haven't tried it yet. Looks decent as long as its got good stability.

In my 5inutes of use it seems to have it

Stability bar is low but it feels fine even without mods

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

One mod in Crucible and it's completely controllable.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What's the explanation of the Sturm and Drang guns that go together? I just listened to a random electro song called "Sturm und Drang" which doesn't seem to actually translate to English.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

actionjackson posted:

What's the explanation of the Sturm and Drang guns that go together? I just listened to a random electro song called "Sturm und Drang" which doesn't seem to actually translate to English.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sturm+und+Drang

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oh yeah :mad:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So because I hate myself I played a poo poo ton of this game this morning while watching soccer. I got the Forward Path FWC AR on literally my final rank up, which was all I wanted. It actually seems pretty nice.

Slamming public events on Earth while Devrim is dropping 330 engrams is pretty ace.

The game is still shallow as hell but for a "play it every once in a while" type activity the core 6 seconds of fun almost redeems it.

Also I watched that cheese/blindsite twitch vid and holy poo poo is destiny 2 pvp loving boring to watch. Yikes.

Now watch this drive.

It's why twitch and YouTube has gone down for d2 super quick. All play looks the same. I have a few clips of we rans and the game play is boring as gently caress to watch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

It's why twitch and YouTube has gone down for d2 super quick. All play looks the same. I have a few clips of we rans and the game play is boring as gently caress to watch.

hell, it's boring as gently caress to play

every time I fire it up, I quit inside of an hour because I'm just like "nah, I don't wanna do that"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

hell, it's boring as gently caress to play

every time I fire it up, I quit inside of an hour because I'm just like "nah, I don't wanna do that"

Tbh if i didn't have clan mates on on the reg I wouldn't be bothering. Having active dudes to joke around with in between raping teams makes it fun.

The other good thing too is the only players left either suuuuuck or are pretty good so you can get a decent mix of having to sweat a little and the rest is a cruise.

Hopefully the new balance patch brings back a few more players.

I'd advise every one to get a living memory from the vanguard if you can I think if they fix bloom it'll be really good.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

BlindSite posted:

I'd advise every one to get a living memory from the vanguard if you can I think if they fix bloom it'll be really good.

I recommended people try it before, as it's already a pretty fun gun. I'm not holding out on bloom disappearing... Like ever. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

this is horrifying in a way the original isn’t for reasons i can’t quite put my finger on

maybe because it uses emoji coloring i’m expecting eyes that aren’t there

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Didn't forget the iconic gold ring.

:thumbsup:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

runwiled posted:

I recommended people try it before, as it's already a pretty fun gun. I'm not holding out on bloom disappearing... Like ever. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

If they removed bloom handcannons would probably be in a perfect place. Maybe buff the 140 damage so that 2 headshots and a body is a kill rather than the 2+2 it takes now but on PC bloom is almost non existent and they're the weapon of choice. So there's an argument to be made for a large bloom reduction which they have already done in the osiris patch.

It's not as big an issue as it was but it's enough of one for it to be an issue.

I just hope the balance pass is 90% buffs and 10% slight adjustments rather than outright nerfs.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

I just hope the balance pass is 90% buffs and 10% slight adjustments rather than outright nerfs.

A lot of the language they've used makes me think they're hip to this. My hopes are high.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CheeseFactory posted:

Didn't forget the iconic gold ring.

:thumbsup:

Zero complaints, A+ ABGDpost

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

My hopes are high.

A terrible mistake

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

A terrible mistake

I'm just more comfortable swimming in the waters of bad decisions :shrug:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

el B posted:

A terrible mistake

I get where youre coming from but I've been a huge slut for all the whispers and comments from the devs and it sounds like the general consensus is guardians are currently weak, slow and their weapons aren't fun.

Aka hitting their d1 patch goals.

My ideal would be the only nerfs:
reducing flinch from high cal and explosive rounds v player opponents
Slight handling decrease for scout rifles accross the board,
handling decrease for grenade launchers and rocket launchers accross the board
Decreased handling for burst fire side arms

With buffs being along the lines of
Removed bloom from hand cannons, increased handling
Improved range and damage (slight) for pulse rifles

With classes getting increased base movement and jump speeds

Improved in air accuracy

Decrease aim assist cut off and improved hit detection for invisible enemies. Allow normal jumping in smoke like d1.

Melee cool down reduced, grenade cool downs reduced, super energy from damaging enemies drastically increased.

Super damage to pve opponents increased too.

Drastic increase to pve enemies for snipers. Drastic increase in handling speed overall for snipers.

I'd also increase the in air accuracy of shotguns and fusions.

Right now the biggest issue with the meta is thar pulses are useless except 2 of them in all game types and it's too easy to be effective everywhere with a scout/last hope and invis/smoke combo is too strong and can affect game mechanics too much.

They don't need to buff grenade damage and give it a cool down reduction one or the other imo. Supers should come back faster but not through charity should need to be harvesting meat for you to get more energy.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm just more comfortable swimming in the waters of bad decisions :shrug:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

cvnvcnv posted:

Someone invite me to one of the active PS4 clans, please.

Post ur Bungo net account link for me pls

Nvm: found it

Insane Totoro fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 26, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I guess that's it? Thanks, Moana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!