Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Senor Tron posted:

He will go back into his previous life and make millions of dollars off selling his name to his die-hard supporters.

Like always happens with out of office politicians, lots of people will eventually be saying that he wasn't that bad and at least did X well.

Unlikely, he'll probably be just like Nixon who still retains a small devoted segment of people that insist he did nothing wrong but is otherwise still universally reviled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Charliegrs posted:

Honestly there's a few countries that should get kicked out of the EU considering the way they are going. Hungary obviously, and probably Poland too. They shouldn't get to enjoy the economic benefits of the Union while at the same time sliding into authoritarianism and buddying up with Putin.
Kicking anyone out requires unanimous approval, they didn't deal with Hungary when they had the chance, and now Hungary and Poland are protecting each other so they're hosed.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Twitter consensus on the jets over Lebanon thing is Israeli jets.

Aaaand confirmation of explosions

https://twitter.com/Dannymakkisyria/status/983149524603588608?s=09

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
You guys gotta remember whatever happens, by 2020 the gop will have completely destroyed itself leaving behind a core of ultra right wing racists like Steve King.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Kale this is in no way a commentary on the content of your posts positive or negative. But why is every single one of them an essay?

Probably the different perspective and outlook thing I've mentioned as well as I've become pretty sure over the course of my life that I arrive at conclusions via a completely different process than a good chunk of the population. That doesn't mean I think I'm special or anything (I know that's the vibe people seem to get though) but something more like if the average person thought in say windows code I must think in Linux code or something. Sorry that's not the best metaphor, but that's the best way I could think of to describe it.

For me I guess it just doesn't take a long time to type out a whole lot of thoughts all at once. It also kind of helps me think and come up with new ideas when I can look at all my thoughts just written out on a page and look at each one individually and see if there's any connections or ideas I might have missed or if something doesn't actually track and I need to rethink it. It's not an attempt to make myself the center of attention or hog the page or even to condescend people, it's just sort of how I articulate things. It just comes naturally I guess.

I think for a lot of the internet it might actually be the exact opposite though where people would rather boil down an issue or idea to a clever witty meme or something like that as a means of articulating something but IMO half the time it doesn't even track. At least that's how I've sort of come to see it. It used to really frustrate me how it seemed like a lot of people tend to simplify or boil everything down to a singular issue or perspective or popular idea that they really want to talk about and then everybody just repeats that idea or meme because it's what they readily know and a point of common ground, but I think I've kind of come to grips with that just being a reality of the modern internet in the last year. It's all about learning to eventually respect people's differences and outlooks as I grow older and have more life experiences.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jesus Christ

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

Kale posted:

That's one way to look at it yeah. I really don't feel like getting into it because it's a silly discussion topic that'll lead to a massive derail.

True, but sorry I don't plan on reading through 100 pages of back log to find out specifically everything that went down in here over the course of the week. It's not THAT important to me in the long run really. I'm a little more interested in what happens next as opposed to what happened while I was busy and probably already exhausted it's discussion potential before the weekend by the sounds of it. If it seemed critically important to know then yeah though.

ACAB

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Eh, he's gotten better. :shobon:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
So is Israel gonna get in a shooting war with Syria and Russia? How is this gonna affect the Russia investigation?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Better then them posting about how white privilege isn't real or pretending to be an expert in American race relations while living in Canada.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Kale posted:

Probably the different perspective and outlook thing I've mentioned as well as I've become pretty sure over the course of my life that I arrive at conclusions via a completely different process than a good chunk of the population. That doesn't mean I think I'm special or anything (I know that's the vibe people seem to get though) but something more like if the average person thought in say windows code I must think in Linux code or something. Sorry that's not the best metaphor, but that's the best way I could think of to describe it.

For me I guess it just doesn't take a long time to type out a whole lot of thoughts all at once. It also kind of helps me think and come up with new ideas when I can look at all my thoughts just written out on a page and look at each one individually and see if there's any connections or ideas I might have missed or if something doesn't actually track and I need to rethink it. It's not an attempt to make myself the center of attention or hog the page or even to condescend people, it's just sort of how I articulate things. It just comes naturally I guess.

I think for a lot of the internet it might actually be the exact opposite though where people would rather boil down an issue or idea to a clever witty meme or something like that as a means of articulating something but IMO half the time it doesn't even track. At least that's how I've sort of come to see it. It used to really frustrate me how it seemed like a lot of people tend to simplify or boil everything down to a singular issue or perspective or popular idea that they really want to talk about and then everybody just repeats that idea or meme because it's what they readily know and a point of common ground, but I think I've kind of come to grips with that just being a reality of the modern internet in the last year. It's all about learning to eventually respect people's differences and outlooks as I grow older and have more life experiences.

:goonsay:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dinosaurtrain posted:

You guys gotta remember whatever happens, by 2020 the gop will have completely destroyed itself leaving behind a core of ultra right wing racists like Steve King.
The GOP isn't Lavos.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

That was a top tier Kale response to something that may have warranted a one or two sentence reply. :words:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Is it really that unusual though? If there's one thing that still catches me off guard at times it's why it seems to offend or confound people so much.

KickerOfMice posted:

Eh, he's gotten better. :shobon:

It's mainly because it tends to bring unwanted attention and misreads of what I'm trying to get at otherwise the long form thought process posting is still what comes most naturally to me. Sorry I guess...I'd really rather not be talking about how I post again so much as laughing at Trumps massive army of bots and anti-bots to be totally honest. Like I don't actually like being a focus of the thread is the thing, it's a little uncomfortable, but at least we aren't arguing or anything.

e: See here comes the people out of the woodwork to respond to just one poster again but they weren't here before. Again I don't know, I guess that's just the nature of the thread. Instead of talking about the issues and ideas we've tried to raise over the last page we're instead talking about how I post and I don't entirely get why as I'm not for a second looking for any sort of derail. :shrug:

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 9, 2018

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

KickerOfMice posted:

Heh, you're not kidding!

https://twitter.com/DonnaWR8/status/983143876071477248

Thanks, "Donna." GOLF!!!!~

A dangerous but rapidly evaporating object is a really apt analogy for his base, a good cartoon.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lote posted:

So is Israel gonna get in a shooting war with Syria and Russia? How is this gonna affect the Russia investigation?

Gonna be real weird seeing evangelicals contort their Israel first belief with supporting their piss lord.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Mendrian posted:

You can't set your watch to people starving man, you need to account for those staring people making a choice about how to address their starvation. "Murder the rich" is not the only possible response to starving.

It's certainly the best one, though.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/WaelAlRussi/status/983145267112349696

This seems really bad.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Mustached Demon posted:

Gonna be real weird seeing evangelicals contort their Israel first belief with supporting their piss lord.

Joke's on you, there is no belief they can't contort without breaking a sweat.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kale posted:

Seriously Jesus Christ is Trump's twitter profile just a loving mess. It's somehow more stark when the guys talking about golf and it's the exact same propaganda poo poo reply thread and he might as well be talking about one of his stupid political beefs again. I don't know how Twitter can still justify it as important must hear news when it literally reads like a political propaganda page all the time. He clearly has bots to tweet generic support messages for him as well as ones that have been set up to tweet anti-trump messages at every post he makes too. One of them is even just tweeting the exact same meme over and over too of some kid doing a cartwheel that has nothing to do with anything whatsoever.

There is a serious loving issue where you have rando checkmarks posting ten tweet threads under a trump tweet for EPIC owns and to grow their own follower count. It's really stupid.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

You know me, i but poke fun. :justpost:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Looks like a joint strike?

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/983153786893029377

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Man you people are mean

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Probably bombing another empty runway.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Uh, did we just get into a War with Syria?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

I saw this on twitter earlier today and I didn't think it was a reliable source. I guess it was right after all?
https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/983011355564355585

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
So is there a good news source for what's going on in Syria right now other than twitter?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Hmm

https://twitter.com/DionNissenbaum/status/983153955667574785

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Vladimir Putin posted:

Man you people are mean

What do you mean you people

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

We've been "at war" with Syria for quite a while now. Sort of.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, if we're launching missiles then we're no more at war with Syria than we have been for a while now.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

There is a serious loving issue where you have rando checkmarks posting ten tweet threads under a trump tweet for EPIC owns and to grow their own follower count. It's really stupid.

I feel like this has sort of become the end goal of using social media now instead of just a communications platform. It started with the intention of allowing people to stay in touch easier and keep more up to date on current events and people they follow, but now it's sort of becoming about getting the maximum amount of attention and followers as fast as possible. It's had a profound negative impact on society in that regard too as now it's really started bleeding out into how people on the internet behave in general in the last several years and arguably as of last year how they behave in real life situations. It's also arguably had a negative impact on certain aspects of pop culture too where I swear certain types of media literally just exist around trying to generate the maximum amount of social media traffic possible instead of just being a worthwhile work of art. Things like the twerking fad in music come to find, I can't think of any other purpose it would have other than that it would be controversial and exhibit sex appeal in one which is guaranteed to bring on site traffic.

KickerOfMice posted:

You know me, i but poke fun. :justpost:

Yeah that's really the vibe I've gotten from you. You like to poke fun at stuff same as me but I've never doubted that you actually take the time to read what other people are actually posting before you do so and you don't seem to be pre-occupied with just laying down the sick dunks when you think it's that time again and then taking the ball and peacing out immediately after. What more could I really ask of someone on an internet forum?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Glumslinger posted:

No I think Russia showed us what to do. Just drop some bombs and when you’re done just leave.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Maybe some Israeli jets were on the way to bomb Gaza and got lost.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

~IDF trying to draw attention away from massacring unarmed palestinians cuz arabs are the real barbarians~

Kale
May 14, 2010

It would appear that poo poo is happening again now. I'm not entirely sure if I want to know either. :ohdear:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

So most likely Israel then.

However, if this is indeed as a response to the earlier reports of chemical attacks, then there's no way this isn't coordinated by the Pentagon in some way.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Aramis posted:

So most likely Israel then.

However, if this is indeed as a response to the earlier reports of chemical attacks, then there's no way this isn't coordinated by the Pentagon in some way.

"Yo Israel, we want to bomb some Assad poo poo but we can't do it because Piss Baby doesn't want to anger his daddy, mind doing it for us?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
So frustrating that it appears this is happening and I can't find a legit source for what is going on.

• Locked thread