Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

It's not going anywhere. Better to wait until we're reasonably certain we've figured out how to look in it safely instead of risking loving it up because you're impatient.

Incorrect. If we don't look at it now, it may as well already be destroyed. Open the fucker up! We should also contact all the contactless tribes while we're at it. Those fuckers need to know about the 85 Bears before it's too late.

We should also let people touch the things in museums. What's the point of seeing something behind glass when you can actually touch it and feel a connection to history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Incorrect. If we don't look at it now, it may as well already be destroyed. Open the fucker up! We should also contact all the contactless tribes while we're at it. Those fuckers need to know about the 85 Bears before it's too late.

We should also let people touch the things in museums. What's the point of seeing something behind glass when you can actually touch it and feel a connection to history?

Born 150 years too late. Back in the Victorian era they'd find a mummy and immediately get all their friends together to unwrap it and see what was inside. And when it turned out to be a dead guy, maybe see what he tastes like?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

No he’s insanely great

The point I was trying to make was just that sometimes it comes down to actors making decisions about the movies they’re in and then us retrospectively discussing them

Adam driver is one and Elijah wood is another

And come correct about Nic cage’s decisions

Oh, for sure. He knows exactly what he’s good at. And he’s a good person. The fact it’s a reddit meme doesn’t mean he didn’t found a leukemia charity in his sisters name or anything.

I know someone that works with him a lot and they have nothing but good things to say about him.

Also Elijah Wood ducking killed it in Wilfred.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiggum posted:

Born 150 years too late. Back in the Victorian era they'd find a mummy and immediately get all their friends together to unwrap it and see what was inside. And when it turned out to be a dead guy, maybe see what he tastes like?

Big fans of selling dead guys as both dye and medicine, iirc.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Believe you me, smells aside, I'd loved to have lived in the Victorian times. I'd be able to eat my fill of mummies every night!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People loving love the Rock though

If it makes you feel better, I hate him, and I've hated him ever since he was a wrestler. His shtick never appealed to me.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The only thing I want to "debate" about Alien 3 is if it should go in the trash or in the toilet!

This but with Alien Resurrection.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I thought alien resurrection was alien 3

Winona Ryder :eyepop:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The rock is like nickelback in that both are incredibly successful by any metric but somehow no one likes them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

oldpainless posted:

The rock is like nickelback in that both are incredibly successful by any metric but somehow no one likes them.

No, I think most people generally like The Rock. Maybe no one loves him, but I'd say people generally have a positive opinion about him

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The Rock is great, I just realised I sat and watched the entirety of Rampage without even thinking of him as being the wrestler, he was just Dwayne Johnson to me, true range.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Rampage was better than it had any right being.

I'm not ever going to watch it again but I liked the time I spent with it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson took a lot of time to get out of his wrestling image and poo poo-Tier movies, but he's been out of it for around a decade now. Never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYUyTcoe0qw

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Rock is great in the Jumanji movies, especially the second one where he spends most of the movie doing a Danny DeVito impression. :allears:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Gripweed posted:

No, I think most people generally like The Rock. Maybe no one loves him, but I'd say people generally have a positive opinion about him

AKA Hall and Oates syndrome.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

comb overs can look okay if theyre tidy, i think id still prefer one over being bald

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seinfeld was objectively the one with the worst hair in the series, even for the time.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The shiny rate for Dynamax Adventures in Pokémon Sword and Shield dlc The Crown Tundra is a bit too high

Also: obtuseness in mechanics can be good because it encourages a community to form around a game

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

charlie hebdo is crass and stupid

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Overhearing people go all mushy over their pets makes me cringe, especially when its from single people in their 50s. They only love you because they get free food and you pick up their poo poo.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I think other people's dreams are interesting.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Overhearing people go all mushy over their pets makes me cringe, especially when its from single people in their 50s. They only love you because they get free food and you pick up their poo poo.

To me, there's nothing wrong with loving pets -- that's what they're there for after all. It's when people talk AS their pets and use that stupid "doggo" slang that I get pissed & annoyed.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

not really though, a dog loves you for getting attention from you and a bunch of other things as well, cats i'm sure too. i also don't think human love is much more than just reciprocity for various things, so what's wrong with food being a part of that? a human baby also just happens to feel attached to its mother because it gets milk and body warmth and sees a face

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

To me, there's nothing wrong with loving pets -- that's what they're there for after all. It's when people talk AS their pets and use that stupid "doggo" slang that I get pissed & annoyed.

I ran into "koiro" the first time a while back on Facebook and after my initial disgust, I think I kind of hate it. (The Finnish word for dog is koira.)

e: I don't hate "doggo" though, doggo is fine. Of course I call them doges.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Oct 29, 2020

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

y'all aren't the only ones with a strangely specific hate for the word doggo

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I don't think Doggo or Pupper sound great outside of very, very specific very online stuff, but the hate some people have for it seems so joyless and performatively "adult" that I will absolutely double-down on it to wind people up.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’s good practice to praise your dog in a higher pitched voice and say no/stop/etc in a lower pitched voice.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Disco Pope posted:

I don't think Doggo or Pupper sound great outside of very, very specific very online stuff, but the hate some people have for it seems so joyless and performatively "adult" that I will absolutely double-down on it to wind people up.

I just think it makes people sound stupid. Like if they were typing in that "Pwease wet me have swome pasghetti pwease" type of voice. :shrug:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Doggy sounds better than doggo.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just think it makes people sound stupid. Like if they were typing in that "Pwease wet me have swome pasghetti pwease" type of voice. :shrug:

I don't entirely disagree, but something about people complaining about it can come across as excessively dour. It always makes me think of lonely middle-aged men complaining in pubs about anyone not as broken as they are.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Doggy sounds better than doggo.

Only because you're used to doggy

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Solice Kirsk posted:

I knew a guy who knew I hated that sort of "doggo" slang, and he printed out a bunch of memes containing those phrases & hid them around my desk at a work function.

Eventually I had to block him on Facebook because he would spam all my posts with "henlo" and poo poo like that. If he'd been spamming with anything else, I would have blocked him anyway, but the fact is that he knew I was specifically annoyed by it and went out of his way to annoy me further. Not particularly friendly behavior.

Disco Pope posted:

I don't entirely disagree, but something about people complaining about it can come across as excessively dour. It always makes me think of lonely middle-aged men complaining in pubs about anyone not as broken as they are.

I am a well-adjusted 33-year old woman, and this is not something I would complain about in a pub. Pubs are complaining about your favorite baseball team.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

getting annoyed over stupid poo poo is a weakness open to exploitation, yes

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One of my good friends’ families names all their dogs stuff like “Littleshit” and “Assface” and it annoys me. I know the dogs don’t care but it’s so crass and how are they not embarrassed going to the vet or whatever?

Know what’s annoying? Hearing an old lady with a thick Texas accent going “who a gwood widdwe bwoy, assface?? You is! You is!”

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I pretty much just call my cats "dude", "buddy", "boys", "no get off the NO GET OFF THE CHAIR I NEED THE CHAIR GET OFF THE CHAIR i'm sorry dude", the usual cat names.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

docbeard posted:

I pretty much just call my cats "dude", "buddy", "boys", "no get off the NO GET OFF THE CHAIR I NEED THE CHAIR GET OFF THE CHAIR i'm sorry dude", the usual cat names.

When I'm cat-sitting for my sister I call their cat good boy despite it very obviously not being a boy, because my sister named it after our dad.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Shibawanko posted:

not really though, a dog loves you for getting attention from you and a bunch of other things as well, cats i'm sure too. i also don't think human love is much more than just reciprocity for various things, so what's wrong with food being a part of that? a human baby also just happens to feel attached to its mother because it gets milk and body warmth and sees a face

Yeah, there were a few studies where given the choice between interaction with their owners and food the cats chose the owners.

Dogs and cats are both highly social animals, not unlike people in that aspect, and form emotional bonds too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, there were a few studies where given the choice between interaction with their owners and food the cats chose the owners.

Dogs and cats are both highly social animals, not unlike people in that aspect, and form emotional bonds too.

I remember a while back some doofus presented the theory that if cats were as big as, say, lions, they'd eat their owners, as some sort of "proof" that cats don't actually bond with humans. Like no poo poo, they'd loving be lions then wouldn't they?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

If it's the trolley problem with a single dog or a cat on the track but ten thousand goons get smeared if you pull the lever I'd pull it and go pet the animal

I would dynamite a dozen sad goon basements if it meant a single night in a slightly warmer bed for a pet

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

hawowanlawow posted:

getting annoyed over stupid poo poo is a weakness open to exploitation, yes

Such is life. :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I remember a while back some doofus presented the theory that if cats were as big as, say, lions, they'd eat their owners, as some sort of "proof" that cats don't actually bond with humans. Like no poo poo, they'd loving be lions then wouldn't they?

Kind of reminds me of the old "what if you met the person of your dreams, except [insert dealbreaker here]?" They wouldn't be the person of my dreams then, dingus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

If it's the trolley problem with a single dog or a cat on the track but ten thousand goons get smeared if you pull the lever I'd pull it and go pet the animal

I would dynamite a dozen sad goon basements if it meant a single night in a slightly warmer bed for a pet

You know who else did horrible things to people but was nice to dogs?