Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Luminous Obscurity posted:

So Sburb is stacking itself entirely against a mentally handicapped child. He's a petulant little poo poo, but gently caress if I don't want to see the lil' fella pull through and rain death and misery upon all existence. :3:

Sburb really is a dick of a game, loaded with arbitrary horseshit, and I was fully supportive of Rose's original idea to tear it the gently caress apart

so yeah I'm kinda rooting for Caliborn here too. he's just so adorabloodthirsty :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I just don't find Caliborn that likeable. Not even in the shouty endearing way Karkat is. Caliborn's just a little rear end in a top hat- I only want to see more of him for the purpose of plot development. I can't bring myself to like him. :(

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I have this weird thing where the more hilariously violent and/or irritable a character is, the more endearing I find them. See also: Jack Noir

Clearly this is totally normal and healthy, and certainly not the result of any deep-seated psychological problems :haw:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Color Printer posted:

This reminds me; I hope there's a flash that shows how either Caliborn/Lord English becomes Doc Scratch, or how LE channels himself into the universe through him. And since English is roughly the same song when you play it in reverse, just have that be the flash song, just to drive the point home.

I forgot what a trip that album is! :aaaaa: I don't suppose the download comes with reversed versions?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Renaissance Robot posted:

I forgot what a trip that album is! :aaaaa: I don't suppose the download comes with reversed versions?

If it doesn't, I'd wager it'd be relatively trivial to make your own.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I just don't find Caliborn that likeable. Not even in the shouty endearing way Karkat is. Caliborn's just a little rear end in a top hat- I only want to see more of him for the purpose of plot development. I can't bring myself to like him. :(

It's not that I like him per se, it's just that him relentlessly brutalizing Gamzee never, ever gets old.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Caliborn.:allears:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Update everybody. Caliborn acting all creepy with the bitches, hoping to catch a peek of some snuggle-action.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Hussie. Hussie.

Why hast thou forsaken us

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nobody has pointed out yet another Problem Sleuth reference? Shame.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Caliborn posted:

WHAT'S THE WORD I'M THINKING OF.
YOU DO IT WITH ANOTHER LIVING TORSO THAT'S NEAR YOU. I MEAN, A TORSO YOU HAVEN'T KILLED YET.
WHEN ONE DARES TO ALLOW THE SEDUCTIVE SERPENT OF DEBAUCHERY TO SLITHER INTO ONE'S SARSWAPAGUS.

Kanye West posted:

Have you ever had sex with a Pharoah?
I put the pussy in a sarcophagus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgEjy_JWZys

Nothing will ever convince me this was not intentional. Nothing. :allears:

Fake edit: Also:

Kanye West posted:

I'm living in the future so the present is my past
My presence is a present, kiss my rear end

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The main thing I took away from this update if that there are multiple towers.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Caliborn makes me like Gamzee more. Despite Gamzee being a murderous clown, I just... don't like Caliborn. Though I don't mind the character development, I can't wait for the stupid kid to get mauled.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Man, grills do a number on your teeth.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

JT Jag posted:

Man, grills do a number on your teeth.

To be fair, so does candy corn.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Man this is a good track (from the SBURB OST): http://unofficialmspafans.bandcamp.com/track/the-will-to-fight-original-mix-denizen-strife

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

So. There are 13 monitors on this tree (at least that we can see.)

That's one for every kid, one for Calliope, and four more, which might correspond to the Troll heroes of Blood, Mind, Rage, and Doom?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Glory of Arioch posted:

So. There are 13 monitors on this tree (at least that we can see.)

That's one for every kid, one for Calliope, and four more, which might correspond to the Troll heroes of Blood, Mind, Rage, and Doom?

Those would be Karkat, Terezi, Gamzee, and Sollux. So that's unlikely.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ariong posted:

Those would be Karkat, Terezi, Gamzee, and Sollux. So that's unlikely.

Unless it's Kurloz and Mituna, who were involved in some very mysterious incident involving Lord English. Still, I doubt it, if for no other reason then it means there are two monitors dedicated to looking at Space heroes.

Class is more likely than aspect to be the determinant. The five monitors we have now point to Muse, Prince, Page, Maid, and Rogue. With four more kids, that'd be Heir, Knight, Seer, and Witch, leaving us to look at Sylph, Mage, Bard, and Thief. That'd be Kanaya or Aranea, Sollux or Damara, Gamzee or Cronus, and Vriska or Meenah. No combination seems natural there either.

Mysterious.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Glory of Arioch posted:

That's one for every kid, one for Calliope, and four more...

Or maybe the four members of the Midnight Crew? He's gotta rip the mobster motif from somewhere after all.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It shouldn't need explaining but usually we enjoy antagonists and protagonists differently. Liking Caliborn (or Bec Noir or even Gamzee) isn't the same sort of sympathy involved in liking John and friends.

In particular I enjoy Caliborn for being the biggest blunt instrument of aggression in the whole story, particularly how this doofus child goes from needing to be spoonfed direction directly from the authour to being the most powerful being in the narrative.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jyrraeth posted:

Caliborn makes me like Gamzee more. Despite Gamzee being a murderous clown, I just... don't like Caliborn. Though I don't mind the character development, I can't wait for the stupid kid to get mauled.

Yeah he's a pretty good showcase of a sociopath. He complains and whines about certain actions being terrible when done to him, but is fundamentally incapable of grasping or caring that other people feel similarly nonplussed. He's equal parts pitiable and utterly repulsive.

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.
Some of LE's elements of style (golden guns, skaia sphere thingy) can be seen in the monitor scenes. I wonder if (and how) he'll see something that will inspire the pool ball/flashing colors motif.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'm still not so sure that Caliborn will become LE.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Indie Rocktopus posted:

It might even be a second-hand reference; when Calliope Shelby's blog was uu-themed, its title was I PuT THE PuSSY IN THE SARSWAPAGuS.

(This is the same person whose epic 90,000-word Karkat<>Gamzee<3<Terezi fanfic featured, as a primary element, the tense web of Subjugglator-cult intrigue between Sober Gamzee and their Disciple-manipulating chucklevoodoo-brainwashing Grand Highblood. In May. Take that as you will.)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

While I don't hate this act (Gamzee :allears:),I never found the authorlog info dump to be all that appealing. So, I'm glad that's over and we can see the Caliborn/Gamzee teamup.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Meanwhile, Gamzee has defied Clown Law by just quietly dying offscreen.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Update!

Oh god here we go, poo poo's about to get real! :dance:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like that we're apparently leaving most of Caliborn's session unseen. Not like he has anybody to interact with but Gamzee.

Him getting in contact with Jack has some significant implications. For one, it's a way for Caliborn to work against the B2 session (but only from April 13 onward). It also suggests that there's much more to his later opposition of the Midnight Crew than meets the eye.

Act 6 Act 5 already, though? This is what we've been waiting for, isn't it? With luck we'll also get some answers about what happened to the kernelsprites. Who wants to bet that the arrival will start happening practically immediately? Also, that the next update is an [S] page?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
What's up with Jack having a gold tooth?

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Crain posted:

What's up with Jack having a gold tooth?

It's the pointed end of the Prospitian spike that broke off while he was counting off dates, in [S] Act 6 Act 4.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I thought of more to say.

We've got a time frame, here. Caliborn is exactly synchronized with the narration (notwithstanding flashbacks) - he sees what we see as it happens. If he unlocks the command field or the narrative prompt, we'll find out because what he types will appear there. He has equal standing with the audience and could potentially supplant the author, right as the story is approaching what would already have been its most climactic part.

That's such a cool idea, one which depends on MSPA's central conceit, and I'm glad that Hussie went to great lengths to make sure we could trust him not to gently caress it up.

Jade and John haven't left that "one yard" yet, so there's still a chance for us to see if that was really all he did to influence the story. I think making sure they arrive at their destination is a big deal but there might be more still to it, considering Lord English, the expert time traveler, has also existed in the space they're crossing through.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Act 6 Act 5 already, though? This is what we've been waiting for, isn't it? With luck we'll also get some answers about what happened to the kernelsprites. Who wants to bet that the arrival will start happening practically immediately? Also, that the next update is an [S] page?

Isn't that Act 6 Act 6? There were five open green curtains in [S] Seer: Descend, and one unopened one and the curtains for the other acts were all unopened.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This looks like Jack's going to become Lord English, controlled by Caliborn.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Crain posted:

I'm still not so sure that Caliborn will become LE.

Well, Hussie did say that Caliborn was going to kill him in the quasi-future. That points pretty firmly to Caliborn being LE, unless the guy in the authorlogs ain't Hussie (seems unlikely) or Hussie gets killed by Caliborn at some other point. (...maybe? His eyes have been white since the first time we saw him.)

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This looks like Jack's going to become Lord English, controlled by Caliborn.

It would certainly be a neat twist.

Every big bad was just a massively enabled Jack all along...

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Well Manicured Man posted:

SBURB OST is finally out guys! I was away from my internet when the initial planning for the album was being done so I couldn't be a part of it, but a ton of my friends and fellow Homestuck fanmusicians, many of whom were on coloUrs and mayhem with me, were, so you should all give it a look-see! Also, one of my fan musician colleagues is planning to play through the entire album on Audiosurf and stream it on Livestream at 8:30 EST.

This has some absolutely incredible tracks on it.

edit: This is my favorite.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 27, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It really does have some great music. Especially Born To Die and STRIFE!. It's a pretty solid album!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

That last panel has me suddenly very worried that Caliborn might not be Lord English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Everyone's favorite troper brony liveblogger just made a fansong. It's about as good as you'd expect.