Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Big Black Brony posted:

So when your dudes end a move on the evac square is there any way to have them not leave? I was doing a rescue mission and had one of the squad move to high cover on a square in the evac. The VIP was about ten squares up from that point still in the van. I couldn't overwatch him, only have him leave. No other acTions for him were available.

Just press "end" to end the turn, literally the end button, also there's probably a UI button that will do the same, you do not HAVE to evac soldiers, in fact, I typically get everyone to the evac point or within a move of it and then start evacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Backspace to force and turn.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MF_James posted:

Just press "end" to end the turn, literally the end button, also there's probably a UI button that will do the same, you do not HAVE to evac soldiers, in fact, I typically get everyone to the evac point or within a move of it and then start evacing.

NO ONE LEFT BEHIND!

unless they are proper hosed, then we leaving without you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bogart posted:

Backspace to force and turn.

Make sure you have no other actions with other soldiers before you press backspace, though

Heffer
May 1, 2003

There should also be an X button on the top right hand corner of your screen that ends turns. Of course I have 100+ mods so who knows if thats vanilla.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

It's backspace? I could have sworn it was end by default.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
One or the other. I tend to conflate them.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I like to blue move to the evac, then take potshots at any enemies in range, then evac because your turn doesn't end.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pharmaskittle posted:

I like to blue move to the evac, then take potshots at any enemies in range, then evac because your turn doesn't end.

This is the pro way to do it

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Captain Foo posted:

This is the pro way to do it

smdh if you don't headcanon it as some dude firing wildly as firebrand pulls him up

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Smdh if you don't use the Guerrilla War Fulton / body pick up to have the entire squad scramble away with a dead snake slung over their shoulders.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Coolguye posted:

smdh if you don't headcanon it as some dude firing wildly as firebrand pulls him up

:yeah:

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Big Black Brony posted:

So when your dudes end a move on the evac square is there any way to have them not leave? I was doing a rescue mission and had one of the squad move to high cover on a square in the evac. The VIP was about ten squares up from that point still in the van. I couldn't overwatch him, only have him leave. No other acTions for him were available.
Yes, in XCOM 2 your squad doesn't leave until you tell them to. Like some people pointed out, it's highly possible to overwatch, take shots or use virtually any action and still evac out of there because, like the same people pointed out, the turn doesn't end once you're out of actions if at least one PC is inside the evac zone. In fact, when they're out of actions on the evac pad, what happens is exactly what you described. So barring any bizarre unknown bug, you probably gold moved them into the zone.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Coolguye posted:

Heck yeah

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Coolguye posted:

That, or sliding backwards like a drat Woo movie while firing everything you've got, then proceeding to swing oneself towards an above enemy as the rope retracts and kicking off their face for extra momentum.

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
Wtf this isn't even my first play through and I didn't know there was an end turn button.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Hey. Long shot anyone can help me here but figured I'd ask.

Long War 1. Game is going well in July.

Cities have disappeared. Like, any time there's an abduction or terror mission, the skyranger flies to the north pole and I do a mission in ""(as in "alien terror mission in BLANK")

Weirder still, I did a terror attack that was in America (I could tell from the panic level.) After I beat it, panic rose correctly in the USA. But the debrief said "panic has risen across EUROPE."

Which it did. A USA terror attack increased panic on the wrong continent, but the right country.

How do I fix all of this? I want my cities back and I think the last save I have is gangplank which would set me back a good 4 hours.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

FairGame posted:

Hey. Long shot anyone can help me here but figured I'd ask.

Long War 1. Game is going well in July.

Cities have disappeared. Like, any time there's an abduction or terror mission, the skyranger flies to the north pole and I do a mission in ""(as in "alien terror mission in BLANK")

Weirder still, I did a terror attack that was in America (I could tell from the panic level.) After I beat it, panic rose correctly in the USA. But the debrief said "panic has risen across EUROPE."

Which it did. A USA terror attack increased panic on the wrong continent, but the right country.

How do I fix all of this? I want my cities back and I think the last save I have is gangplank which would set me back a good 4 hours.

Uhhh restart a new game, that one sounds hosed.

There's a way to reset your ini files by deleting a few or something so that weird poo poo goes away, someone else will have to post, but I'm guessing your current game is turbo hosed. I would recommend continuing it just to see how hosed it gets.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Heffer posted:

I think the Community Highlander mod also provides hooks so that mods can place nice and share the previously unsharable parts.

Yeah this is key. LW2 only has like 6 Class Overrides because they built a highlander which handles allowing/reaching into the innards of XComGame. The community highlander is essentially LW2's highlander fully documented, then added to with our own hooks for other modders. So sort of like the Skyrim Script Extender I guess, but for X2. When WOTC we'll probably need a highlander for each version, which brings into question how LW2 ends up dealing with the issue for their distribution, seeing as they opted to bundle their highlander in with the whole mod rather than separate them. But we'll see.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

MF_James posted:

Uhhh restart a new game, that one sounds hosed.

There's a way to reset your ini files by deleting a few or something so that weird poo poo goes away, someone else will have to post, but I'm guessing your current game is turbo hosed. I would recommend continuing it just to see how hosed it gets.

Well that's lovely. I was having a good month.

Hopefully an earlier save avoids it.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
For the LW1 issue, you can try uninstalling LW, verifying the game cache in Steam, and reinstalling. It fixed the issues I had in my campaign where the Skyranger was parked in the middle of the map and I couldn't click on the things that gave me more turns on bomb missions.

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 1, 2017

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Yes, in XCOM 2 your squad doesn't leave until you tell them to. Like some people pointed out, it's highly possible to overwatch, take shots or use virtually any action and still evac out of there because, like the same people pointed out, the turn doesn't end once you're out of actions if at least one PC is inside the evac zone. In fact, when they're out of actions on the evac pad, what happens is exactly what you described. So barring any bizarre unknown bug, you probably gold moved them into the zone.

One thing to note is xcom 2 shipped with a bug where if a single side of the evac zone was clear it'd happily spawn under rooftops and trees and poo poo making it impossible to evac from certain points in the zone.

Still my understanding is it got patched long ago so as long as you aren't running a really old copy of a pirated version of the game you should be good to go?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Well, that "cities have disappeared" bug is unfixable. Earlier saves don't have it. It's a problem with the save, not the installation.

Fortunately, my last save game is only about a week previous, so as long as whatever caused it doesn't happen again, I should be fine. This is why I will never check the ironman box. I can enforce ironman rules without locking in to ironman bugs.

Anyway I'm sitting on like 500 meld and I have no idea what to do with it. Gene labs are up. MEC tech is unlocked. I have like 300 Elerium and alloys. Was saving a good chunk for coilguns (never got laser cannons; been brute forcing the air war with stingrays, aim modules, and replacing a couple sats.). Should I get MECs? I've never built one in long war and it seems a TON of resources to devote to something that seems pretty fragile. My human soldiers with copious gene mods might do better...

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Meld unspent is worthless. Next time a soldier gets a month in medbay, give em the snips.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

MECs are good early game imo.

I never did LW1 but on the hardest difficulty I would shove dudes into suits if they were wounded for a billion days and not a class that I NEEDED (squad sight sniper/heavy)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Everytime I got a sniper in Xcom EW they earned a ticket to the chopping block.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

snipers were so good, it was hard as hell to get them to squad sight, but once you did, they were gods.

hard as hell being relative obviously, it just took an extra mission or two to get them there (usually), occasionally I'd get lucky kills and they'd level up quick or they lucked into a position to throw a good grenade.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So apparently the All Armor Options mod I've been using for ages no longer works. I swear it worked earlier this week, even, but not Xcom2 won't even launch if I have it.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Bogart posted:

Meld unspent is worthless. Next time a soldier gets a month in medbay, give em the snips.

Nobody getting injured! This was my plan, but it's been a remarkably safe campaign so far. Lost a SPEC rocketeer in April (got the low ground spawn in that two-layer train station map. It's an awful kill zone.) Lost two SGTs, an engineer and an assault, in Gangplank. Damned boss cyberdisc (not the original one--the one the mod added) used its grenade when I'd disabled it. Figured it'd reload. Blown cover + 3 floaters = bad news.)

That's it.

I do have a 3HP SGT sniper with lovely stat growth. I guess he'd make a good Jaeger candidate.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

FairGame posted:

Nobody getting injured! This was my plan, but it's been a remarkably safe campaign so far. Lost a SPEC rocketeer in April (got the low ground spawn in that two-layer train station map. It's an awful kill zone.) Lost two SGTs, an engineer and an assault, in Gangplank. Damned boss cyberdisc (not the original one--the one the mod added) used its grenade when I'd disabled it. Figured it'd reload. Blown cover + 3 floaters = bad news.)

That's it.

I do have a 3HP SGT sniper with lovely stat growth. I guess he'd make a good Jaeger candidate.

I thought there was a mod out there that disabled grenades/rockets if the enemy's weapons have been disabled because of disabling shot/hacking the EXALT thing. You'll definitely want it once EXALT shows up and starts lobbing grenades at your operative.

So in my current XCOM 2 campaign I waited a little while before going to the Nest mission. My sharpshooter took out the Viper King with double tap as it was about to escape; then on the very next mission, my Shinobi took out the Berserker Queen with Repeater as it was about to leave. I have to go for the triple crown at this point, don't I? :ohdear:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FairGame posted:

That's it.

Honestly you want MECs ASAP in Long War thanks to the exp changes they have there. Some of the MEC classes, like Archers, are also stupidly effective and fulfill roles no other soldier can. Others mostly duplicate a base class' functionality (Valkyries) or got nerfed into uselessness because tanking really annoyed the LW guys (Goliaths....)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
our playstyle or nothing!!!!!!!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

monster on a stick posted:

I thought there was a mod out there that disabled grenades/rockets if the enemy's weapons have been disabled because of disabling shot/hacking the EXALT thing. You'll definitely want it once EXALT shows up and starts lobbing grenades at your operative.

So in my current XCOM 2 campaign I waited a little while before going to the Nest mission. My sharpshooter took out the Viper King with double tap as it was about to escape; then on the very next mission, my Shinobi took out the Berserker Queen with Repeater as it was about to leave. I have to go for the triple crown at this point, don't I? :ohdear:

My operative has jumpy legs, iron skin, 17 mobility, and concealment. He has not been seen in any mission. So far.

But EXALT absolutely rocketed a car my regular soldiers were hiding behind on a transmitter mission. rear end in a top hat.

I think I'm just gonna stat rolling with 2 danger zone suppression SHIVs on any EXALT mission. Waste of XP, but with their CCS and ability to take a hit, they're probably the safer bet.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
The bad guys look like they're from a Dragon Ball Z OVA while our new heroes look like Power Rangers/Riders.
Edit: I don't hate it

Amuys fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 2, 2017

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

I'd love to see what designs didn't make it past the concept stage for War of the Chosen.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Huszsersvn posted:

I'd love to see what designs didn't make it past the concept stage for War of the Chosen.

I'm imagining the concept art for the WOW aliens looking exactly the same as the final versions but covered in belts & zippers.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh. Did the cheevo for building a SPARK reset?

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Speedball posted:

Huh. Did the cheevo for building a SPARK reset?
Not as far as I can tell. The one from Lost Tower doesn't count as building one, could that be it?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Not as far as I can tell. The one from Lost Tower doesn't count as building one, could that be it?

Correct, the free one you get from the mission doesn't count for the achievement, you have to actually build one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Yall ever seen an Advent soldier be so hurt by betrayal that he convinced his whole team to stop fighting? I started off a terror mission by waking up a pod consisting of a Berserker and a Shieldbearer. I shot the Berserker a few times and it went into Blind Rage. On their turn, it knocked the Shieldbearer unconscious. For the rest of the battle, every turn the Shieldbearer got back up and pointed at my guys, but was otherwise untargetable. Enemy pods would still play their animations and run into cover when I entered their line of sight, but at the end of every turn the Shieldbearer collapsed again and then the game paused for ~30 seconds while every other Advent unit did nothing. I took a video of one turn here. I only wish I could have accepted the offered olive branch and become buddies with the disgruntled Advent pacifists. The only damage I took the entire battle was from being a dumbass and walking one soldier into an acid cloud. I think I'll customize my next recruit to look as close to a Shieldbearer as possible and make like he joined up with the cause.