Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Murderion posted:

Either's good, +spd brings her up to speed freak territory, +atk lets her kill tough, slower swords and armours. +spd is slightly better since a good chunk of her damage comes from Wo Dao triggers, unless you want to do some crazy quad build. What are the banes?

Both are minus def. I was leaning speed because of that odd extreme speed niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Does anyone have a Narcian infernal video? i cbf figuring it out

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

With Hones and Goads up her butt, she should be fine without Death Blow 3. Positioning might screw you over every now and then, but your team looks game-breaking enough to make up for the occasional checkerboard/breakable wall map.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I was lucky enough to get 3 Kleins while pulling for Lyn, but I want to keep those for units that really need Death Blow 3.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

You are not helping my desire to keep pulling for a +ATK Lyn even though I know it's a terrible idea.
Just a few more pulls and that perfect Lyn could be yours! No! No! It is a terrible idea. You have a gajillion good units of which the Lyn you already have is one of. Save your orbs for the inevitable green dancer that both you and I know we will summon for like our life depends on it.

quote:

Also people, please use the correct name for Brave Ike, which is Bike
:agreed:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
green dancer will be nils and ill leave him in the trash can where he belongs

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
god, I hope so. I can finally have a team just filled with children

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

MotU posted:

green dancer will be nils and ill leave him in the trash can hoist him up on my shoulders where he belongs

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

MotU posted:

green dancer will be nils and ill leave him in the trash can where he belongs
You say that now, but watch him have Hone Dragons and Triangle Adept. Watch it happen.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

+8, 41 hp is going to be the bane of my existence so I switched out ardent sacrifice

also some people are putting way too much stock into brave weapons. Yes, they are alright, but they aren't the end all, be all. If someone tells you about how your hector or xander dies to a brave bow u have my permission to call them a nerd.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Not to be a downer for anyone on Team Lyn, but Lucina seems to be on track to hit her bonus near the end of the round and I don't think there will be enough time for Lyn to catch up. Ike vs. Lucina would make an interesting last round with the number of salty Lyn fans jumping onto Team Ike for revenge.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ostentatious posted:

also some people are putting way too much stock into brave weapons. Yes, they are alright, but they aren't the end all, be all.
I know, I know, but this is the first time I've had a unit that can actually use one well ever since I accidentally feather'd my +ATK/-RES Cherche. Let me bask in the quads! The good thing about Hero Lyn is that she can rock her default bow, a Brave Bow and a sweep bow all as effectively as each other.

Trihugger posted:

Not to be a downer for anyone on Team Lyn, but Lucina seems to be on track to hit her bonus near the end of the round and I don't think there will be enough time for Lyn to catch up. Ike vs. Lucina would make an interesting last round with the number of salty Lyn fans jumping onto Team Ike for revenge.
See, this is what I was afraid of. All the popularity contests in the world won't save you from the dreaded last-hour score modifier.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Ostentatious posted:

+8, 41 hp is going to be the bane of my existence so I switched out ardent sacrifice

also some people are putting way too much stock into brave weapons. Yes, they are alright, but they aren't the end all, be all. If someone tells you about how your hector or xander dies to a brave bow u have my permission to call them a nerd.

My hector took on 2 bridelias (one +atk LAD3) and a clarisse in the gauntlet. He died on the last (+atk) bridelia, which retcon's tana took out.

A Lyn would probably need to be DB3 and +atk you do it.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I know, I know, but this is the first time I've had a unit that can actually use one well ever since I accidentally feather'd my +ATK/-RES Cherche. Let me bask in the quads! The good thing about Hero Lyn is that she can rock her default bow, a Brave Bow and a sweep bow all as effectively as each other.

this is fine, i can support this. you can be the change you want to see in the world after all. putting brave weapons down as the solution to all ur units and throwing them on everything is not being the change you want to see, it is homogenization and i can not support the lack of individuality in the hit mobile game Fire Emblem...........Heroes

i am a bigger fan of Firesweep+/CA on Lyn tho tbh

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Roger Explosion posted:

See, this is what I was afraid of. All the popularity contests in the world won't save you from the dreaded last-hour score modifier.

Apparently, Roy is lining up to do something similar to Ike. What a twist!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Trihugger posted:

Lucina's not on track to get another bonus at all.

The red/orange lines are the gap required to trigger a bonus. The blue dotted line has to cross the red line for Lucina to get one, but they're increasing at about the same rate so it'll never happen in time.

What you're describing might happen with Tharja/Camilla, though.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
"Fire Emblem Heroes: b th chng u wnt 2 c in th wrld" should be the thread title.

Just saying.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
A sincere "gently caress you" to the guy who sent out his 4* 40 stock Wrys on team Hector.

If i want a colorless on my team to win inn the gauntlet i will bring my own.

Which i did.

Jakob does not do well as the sole attacker.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i've just been sending out sword ike since i am seeing a lot of axe ike and i am basically guaranteed a reinhard and olwen on my team for whatever reason

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i think your ethe only friend on my list on team Lyn ostentatious, b/c ive gotten your hana like 4 times

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm sending out my +10 4* Cherche or +6 4* Sophia since they are good and somewhat uncommon units for people to use

Also I love how hilariously tanky my +DEF Bike is in melee

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
the only use I have for a 4* is to send them the hell home

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MotU posted:

the only use I have for a 4* is to send them the hell home

I'm in the process of making 4* merged versions of Fir, FCorrin, Est, Florina, Donnel, Oboro, Cecilia and Sheena.

Obviously this is the best use of my feathers.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Bike Idea:

Slap an Aegis on that dude watch him never die.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

MotU posted:

i think your ethe only friend on my list on team Lyn ostentatious, b/c ive gotten your hana like 4 times

same tbh

every team has been a +8 hana, +8 olwen or a +9 azura

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 1, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Seriously, why did I just spend 8k feathers just to promote four Florinas to merge onto my main one

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I've been sending out my 5* FRobin so everyone of my team/friends list gets a free "gently caress you" to the Reinhardts at the same time as appreciating that FRobin is not nearly as bad as people think.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Andrast posted:

Seriously, why did I just spend 8k feathers just to promote four Florinas to merge onto my main one

Ostentatious posted:

b th chng u wnt 2 c n th wrld

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't think it counts if it's just 4* merging.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

Lucina's not on track to get another bonus at all.

The red/orange lines are the gap required to trigger a bonus. The blue dotted line has to cross the red line for Lucina to get one, but they're increasing at about the same rate so it'll never happen in time.

What you're describing might happen with Tharja/Camilla, though.

Where is the projection from?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Trained up Nuktuk, Lancina, and Ike up to 40 so far. Working on Roy next.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I spent a little money and broke my 4% pity rate on the Hector banner... with a +HP -DEF Merric. Now he can rub elbows with all the green mages and archers and healers at the bottom of my five star list joking with everyone about how I though he was Hector :saddowns:

edit: Ehh, I guess another green mage wouldn't be so bad for chain challenges/squad assault/arena assault, although I already have a pretty decent Sonya and a recently promoted +SPD Nino to do all the serious work.

I'm just gonna save now at least until the CYL banner is about to end, it's too easy for me to get frustrated by a ballooning pity rate and burn every 5 orbs I get as soon as I get them.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 1, 2017

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjBqdtUf5QI

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

What will you do?
Throw Reinhardt, Hector or Ursula at the GHB, like I always do. :v:

I swear I've seen that Ike actor somewhere but I can't place it.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

That makes me want to hook up my Gamecube and play Path of Radiance again.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

THE loving MOON posted:

I spent a little money and broke my 4% pity rate on the Hector banner... with a +HP -DEF Merric. Now he can rub elbows with all the green mages and archers and healers at the bottom of my five star list joking with everyone about how I though he was Hector :saddowns:

edit: Ehh, I guess another green mage wouldn't be so bad for chain challenges/squad assault/arena assault, although I already have a pretty decent Sonya and a recently promoted +SPD Nino to do all the serious work.

If it's any consolation, Merric can run a Gronnraven build pretty well, so he's a good backup for a red glass cannon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So what skills does a neutral hector want? Him having the mobilty of a horse through any terrain is hilarious so far.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Murderion posted:

If it's any consolation, Merric can run a Gronnraven build pretty well, so he's a good backup for a red glass cannon.
As someone who has also had his pity rate murdered by multiple Merrics in the past, I have to also begrudgingly concede that the bloke has his uses.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
This sure is a thing that keeps showing up as my ally in gauntlet battles.

You do you, friend.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Can we have a game of thrones styled PoR film adaptation? Thanks IS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Alt account accrued 20 orbs, figured I'd do another pull for Brave Ike. First pull is a 3* Cecilia, but I still have two more green orbs to pull so there's still hope!

:eyepop: