Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Ended up just giving my nephew my ant-man since he was going to see Civil War with some friends today (please release a new set so he won't be $30 lego!), and realized just how many of these little hero guys I had in the baggies. So we made some little movie vignettes for them to hang out on the bookshelf using some empty baseplates: The groot is made up because I never liked the huge one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Are there any Legoons in Europe who would help me get a particular German football minifig?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

Are there any Legoons in Europe who would help me get a particular German football minifig?

I am still debating whether I should try to grab an entire box full of them. There is no way of feeling them up and I could probably sell them at a mark up. However, getting a full box won't be easy. If I do I will let you guys know (and reduce the markup to something sensible like shipping costs for you, even if that's cuttin' me own throat).

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Hopper posted:

I am still debating whether I should try to grab an entire box full of them. There is no way of feeling them up and I could probably sell them at a mark up. However, getting a full box won't be easy. If I do I will let you guys know (and reduce the markup to something sensible like shipping costs for you, even if that's cuttin' me own throat).

Cool man. I'd be more than happy with you cutting the packets open to sort them, and I'd pay over shipping to for your effort.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Problem is they are released on Saturday the 14th of May. Unfortunately I will be in Geneva on that day returning on Monday 16th (a holiday). The earliest I can go to stores is the 17th then and I am afraid they will already have opened the packs.
I will go to the local toy department of a store this Monday and ask them whether they will receive more than one box and tell them I intend to buy a closed box to split between 3 collectors. Let's see what they say. Maybe they can even order me an extra full box. It depends on who is working, some of them will go through a lot of hoops to satisfy their clients as it is a small independent store that need a all business it can get.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Talk about a weird mix of legos I found at my old school's annual yard sale. An Emmet clock minifig, a mini whiteboard lego set in the package, a sealed snowman polybag from 1989 that I remember getting one of for Christmas when I was 4, and a single bionicle leg.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sounds like a Pixar movie in progress.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Captain Invictus posted:

Talk about a weird mix of legos I found at my old school's annual yard sale. An Emmet clock minifig, a mini whiteboard lego set in the package, a sealed snowman polybag from 1989 that I remember getting one of for Christmas when I was 4, and a single bionicle leg.

You just had me furiously searching for the Back to the Future set that I imagined I had missed :saddowns:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Cool man. I'd be more than happy with you cutting the packets open to sort them, and I'd pay over shipping to for your effort.

Same here!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Was digging through some old YouTube favourites and rediscovered a cool stop-motion music video from 2007. Decided to look up the artist and found this on the page for the video:

"The lego dolly allowed for curved tracking shots at minimal budget."

Thought that was pretty neat. Source is here: http://www.sakowskistudios.com/sunking

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Food LEGO

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Somehow, I knew it would be Japanese before I clicked.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It may be worth checking out your local Barnes & Noble again. Most of their clearance Lego sets are now down to 75% off. Grabbed one of the old Minecraft micro-worlds for $9. They also had tons of the Disney CMFs in stock.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fred Meyer (if you have one nearby) is doing a BOGO 40% off on all Legos right now.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Rage posted:

Fred Meyer (if you have one nearby) is doing a BOGO 40% off on all Legos right now.

Any idea if this is going on at Kroger as well? They're the same family of stores so, maybe?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Maybe? I don't have any actual Krogers near me so I can't check. But it's definitely worth checking. Picked up the First Order Transport and the Resistance Transport.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Lego mystery minifigure addiction = buying a handful of the Disney ones even though you think they are pretty dumb looking.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

cheese-cube posted:

Was digging through some old YouTube favourites and rediscovered a cool stop-motion music video from 2007. Decided to look up the artist and found this on the page for the video:

Hope the guy cut his loving finger nails since then :barf:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Found a nice DIY stand for Poe's X-Wing - finally! Looks decent - I may go with darker blocks but overall it works - mostly cause it can pivot a bit. I would love to get rid of those blue elastic bands for something either transparent or black/grey though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/4ihc7x/my_first_moc_a_stand_for_poes_xwing/

(not my pics)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

beato posted:

Hope the guy cut his loving finger nails since then :barf:

Gotta have good nails for doing coke bumps inbetween building your legos

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

My jorts were in fine form today, and local Fred Meyers had the Disney minifigs. I stopped by one near work, and they had 3 boxes, all opened, and mostly picked through. I didn't feel like feeling them all out, so I bought 48. Then on a whim, I stopped by the one near my house, and they had 4 boxes, all opened but two seemingly un-picked-through. I bought one.

I'll post again once I figure out what I have, but there were at least two people in here who wanted a set without doing the work or had more sense than money to buy a box.
I'll be selling them at cost plus shipping, which thanks to Fred Meyer's BOGO 40%, means they cost me $3.19 apiece plus $.29 tax. So, a set for $62.64 plus shipping, which I'm not sure how to estimate right now, but probably below $10 to the continental US.

Update:
Well, that was miserable. I opened up the 48 I compiled from picked-through boxes and didn't come up with a single set.
4 Stitch
5 Mr. Incredible
9(!) Aladdin
2 Mickey
1 Minnie
4 Syndrome
5 Genie
5 Peter Pan
1 Toy Story Alien
3 Daisy
3 Cheshire Cat
3 Donald
1 Buzz
1 Alice

Someone grabbed all the Maleficients, Ariels, Ursulas, and Hooks from the boxes. Anyone want any Aladdins?

Going to open up the hopefully-untouched box now.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 11, 2016

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

My jorts were in fine form today, and local Fred Meyers had the Disney minifigs. I stopped by one near work, and they had 3 boxes, all opened, and mostly picked through. I didn't feel like feeling them all out, so I bought 48. Then on a whim, I stopped by the one near my house, and they had 4 boxes, all opened but two seemingly un-picked-through. I bought one.

I'll post again once I figure out what I have, but there were at least two people in here who wanted a set without doing the work or had more sense than money to buy a box.
I'll be selling them at cost plus shipping, which thanks to Fred Meyer's BOGO 40%, means they cost me $3.19 apiece plus $.29 tax. So, a set for $62.64 plus shipping, which I'm not sure how to estimate right now, but probably below $10 to the continental US.

If you end up with a spare set and wanna sell it local let me know. I don't have the patience to dig though this case wave.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Pyroclastic posted:

If you're able I only need Aladdin, Peter Pan, Stitch, Micky, and Minnie to finish off my set so I'll buy those from you.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Pyroclastic posted:

Update:
Well, that was miserable. I opened up the 48 I compiled from picked-through boxes and didn't come up with a single set.
4 Stitch
5 Mr. Incredible
9(!) Aladdin
2 Mickey
1 Minnie
4 Syndrome
5 Genie
5 Peter Pan
1 Toy Story Alien
3 Daisy
3 Cheshire Cat
3 Donald
1 Buzz
1 Alice

Someone grabbed all the Maleficients, Ariels, Ursulas, and Hooks from the boxes. Anyone want any Aladdins?

I was one of the ones wanting to buy a full set (plus I'd like an extra Stitch or two), and I'm still open to it. Lemme know when and where to send the monies!

featurecreep fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 11, 2016

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

AllisonByProxy posted:

If you're able I only need Aladdin, Peter Pan, Stitch, Micky, and Minnie to finish off my set so I'll buy those from you.

Works for me! It'd be $17.40 before shipping. Call it $22? PM me your address and I'll send you my paypal.

Also, for everyone, I want to point out that all minifigs will be shipped out of their bags. If you want, I can include the cut-open bags, but I'd rather just trash them. I can send you the paper slip for each one you get, or I can just send you one--multiple sheets will add to the shipping weight and possibly the cost.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 11, 2016

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
With Disney Infinity winding up, there's been rumors that Disney will be coming to Dimensions. Nothing I can find is very substantial, though.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
So I got curious what Dimensions and Infinity were and from watching an Infinity LP I gather its a p mediocre third person game series but you have to buy a little action figure and put it on your ipad first?

And the Lego thing is the same?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

With Disney Infinity winding up, there's been rumors that Disney will be coming to Dimensions. Nothing I can find is very substantial, though.

Indiana Jones coming to Dimensions would smash what little willpower I have left.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I opened the rest, and confirmed I do have three full sets, so I have two spare. I may make another visit and feel out a few more to make another set or two.

The Rage posted:

If you end up with a spare set and wanna sell it local let me know. I don't have the patience to dig though this case wave.

Well, you're not exactly local to me--you're 2 hours away if your profile is accurate. I'm not making that kinda drive, but if you're making a trip to the good (west) side of the mountains, we can arrange a meetup. Otherwise, let's call it $72 including shipping?

featurecreep posted:

I was one of the ones wanting to buy a full set (plus I'd like an extra Stitch or two), and I'm still open to it. Lemme know when and where to send the monies!

I've got 5 spare Stitches at this point, so there's no problem there. Your profile says you're in Seattle, so we could arrange a meetup somewhere in the area and it'll just cost you $70. $80 if you want 'em shipped.

Meetups can be cash, paypal shipped.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm tinkering with LDD on my mac to get that Poe's X Wing Base set up. I made the Instructions that give me the parts, is there a way to easily order these or do I need to just go piece by piece on BrickLInk?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

I opened the rest, and confirmed I do have three full sets, so I have two spare. I may make another visit and feel out a few more to make another set or two.

Well, you're not exactly local to me--you're 2 hours away if your profile is accurate. I'm not making that kinda drive, but if you're making a trip to the good (west) side of the mountains, we can arrange a meetup. Otherwise, let's call it $72 including shipping?

I've got 5 spare Stitches at this point, so there's no problem there. Your profile says you're in Seattle, so we could arrange a meetup somewhere in the area and it'll just cost you $70. $80 if you want 'em shipped.

Meetups can be cash, paypal shipped.

Nobody updates their profile. I live in Redmond.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The Rage posted:

Nobody updates their profile. I live in Redmond.

That'll probably make this easier, then. If you and featurecreep are available sometime this weekend, I can do a Bellevue Lego Store trip and we can meet somewhere around there, and I can get this done in one trip.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

EvilJoven posted:

So I got curious what Dimensions and Infinity were and from watching an Infinity LP I gather its a p mediocre third person game series but you have to buy a little action figure and put it on your ipad first?

And the Lego thing is the same?

Disney Infinity is a Platformer/Sandbox/Kart Racer/Sports game, it's a textbook Jack of All Trades. Lego Dimensions plays pretty much exactly like every other TT Lego game, but with every character imaginable. Given that the shuttering of Disney Infinity was extremely unexpected, I would bet that we won't see Star Wars characters until the sequel, whenever that is.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Toys to life has been a big genre for a while now, what, 4 years since the first Skylanders? There's lego dimensions, formerly Disney infinity, and Nintendo amiibos. Probably some other minor ones too.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Feenix posted:

I'm tinkering with LDD on my mac to get that Poe's X Wing Base set up. I made the Instructions that give me the parts, is there a way to easily order these or do I need to just go piece by piece on BrickLInk?

You can probably google ".lxf to wanted list" for BrickLink and find one of a few applications to do that for you, then use BL to get the parts.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Pyroclastic posted:

Update:

Yeah don't pick Disney minifigs randomly. Each unopened box has 3 complete sets + 4 figures spare (the same 4 in all boxes, though i don't remember which figures they are, though the Toy Story Alien is not one of them)

I suppose "buy an unopened box" is easier said than done for you Americans. Here in Europe it is easy to get an unopened box. They are usually on sale before release as well. Got my box of Disney minifigs for ~$100 :dance:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What? 100$? How the hell? A full box is about 177€ here in Germany.

Edit: That said, I need to talk to the toy guy in my local store about footballers again today/tomorrow. He wasn't in on Monday.
Hopefully he will agree to give me an unopened box.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Hopper posted:

What? 100$? How the hell? A full box is about 177€ here in Germany.

Edit: That said, I need to talk to the toy guy in my local store about footballers again today/tomorrow. He wasn't in on Monday.
Hopefully he will agree to give me an unopened box.

Sorry, it was a bit strangely worded for me.

The minifig boxes have a discount before release, we get a further discount since we buy a pile of them in the LUG and i get a further discount from stuff bought from the LUG. That sums up to about half the price of retail, but only 1 box of minifigs per member and only before release.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So err... what is a LUG and how do I get in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Hopper posted:

So err... what is a LUG and how do I get in?

Meet me behind the bike sheds after school. Bring your freshest goat and least favourite raincoat, and you have to swear not to tell any grown ups.