Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
ended battle of alola at 1620, im not sure how that ranks against others, highest person i played was a 1709 duder

back to vgc now woop woop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

every pokeman is my friend

also this

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Emalde posted:

Scizor is worth 200 poo poo pokemon alone, Porygon2 is rad.

It took until whenever it got bullet punch for that. I think it was HG/SS because I remember having to use Quick Attack in the PBR tournament.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

McDragon posted:

also this

is Mega Manectric anyone's friend

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What happens if you KO Solgaleo/Lunala when you're given the chance of catching them

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I Wonder Traded an Abra for some sort of sand ghost that consumes flesh to become a bigger ghost thing.

It's too high of a level and keeps throwing shade at me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really wish you could start the game with the ability to see IVs, or even that you could see a pokemon's IVs before you catch it. it would add a ton of time to my playthrough if i could go hunting for pokemon with good IVs in a more convenient fashion.

i'd spend a few hours hunting for an early game wild pokemon with decent IVs and it would add a lot more to a playthrough. maybe just a new game plus with this stuff? i like playing through a pokemon game repeatedly please cater to me gamefreak.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Calaveron posted:

What happens if you KO Solgaleo/Lunala when you're given the chance of catching them

Not a whole lot since you have to catch in order to progress.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Eddie Whitson posted:

is Mega Manectric anyone's friend

someone has to help him not tip over

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Calaveron posted:

They get back up and you fight again.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Emalde posted:

Scizor is worth 200 poo poo pokemon alone, Porygon2 is rad.

Gen 2 is probably my favorite Pokemon generation for nostalgia reasons, but I have always hated Scizor's design.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Gen 2 is where they introduced Mareep so that will always be the best generation to me. Pokemon X/Y gets a lot of bonus points for giving Ampharos a Mega Evolution and allowing me to pet my sheep friend, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

cams posted:

i really wish you could start the game with the ability to see IVs

You do :ssh:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Alxprit posted:

They get back up and you fight again.

they just keep getting up
and you keep killing them

why? why do you hurt them? why do they let you?

lillie is crying

but you are smiling

cams
Mar 28, 2003

how?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

X or Y on the summary page switches the stat graph from stats to IVs

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Improbable Lobster posted:

X or Y on the summary page switches the stat graph from stats to IVs
That's EVs, you have to beat the game and talk to the IV Judge character at the Battle Tree to get the PC extension.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Gen 2 is probably my favorite Pokemon generation for nostalgia reasons, but I have always hated Scizor's design.

I like Scizor, but Scyther really does look cooler.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Scizor is one of the original bug/steel types and thus way better than Scyther in every way.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Gen 2 was what I enjoyed the most as a kid but looking back, the Gen 2 pokemon are probably my least favorite and Gen 2 Kanto was horribly designed.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Vikavolt owns because it starts as The Knees Pokemon, evolves into a bus, and then ends with the highest special attack of all bugs and is a railgun

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ostentatious posted:

Vikavolt owns because it starts as The Knees Pokemon, evolves into a bus, and then ends with the highest special attack of all bugs and is a railgun

if only it could get to that stage a little earlier if you're like me and had grubbin as one of the first few pokemon you caught

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Am I losing my goddamn mind or is there some new method to cancelling evolution in SuMo? I swear to god I've held B on three different Grimer evolution screens and they evolved to Muks anyway. I just want Memento :cry: guess I'll just level a Muk to 57

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Lawen posted:

Am I losing my goddamn mind or is there some new method to cancelling evolution in SuMo? I swear to god I've held B on three different Grimer evolution screens and they evolved to Muks anyway. I just want Memento :cry: guess I'll just level a Muk to 57

I dunno I just mash B until it stops

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Internet Kraken posted:

Friends with a trash bag.

I really want to breed a competitive Garbodor just so I can name all the breeding rejects "You" and wonder trade them.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I really want to breed a competitive Garbodor just so I can name all the breeding rejects "You" and wonder trade them.

is that japanese for garbage or something

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Lawen posted:

Just give it an everstone

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

FishBulb posted:

Just give it an everstone

I've been giving them Lucky Egg and a rainbow bean to try to get them to 48 faster to get Memento but then they've evolved and Memento moved to 57.

Mazerunner posted:

I dunno I just mash B until it stops

OK so it should still cancel evo and I'm being retarded. I figured that was the case. Fuckin weird though

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I would just go to the heart scale move tutor and have it learn memento that way.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah you can get 8 a day for free from that one restaurant and you can teach Pokémon moves early now. Heart scales hurrah

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lawen posted:

You have to press B mid evolution animation not just hold it from the start. 3DS buttons aren't rapid fire.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Good call on Heat Scale tutor, I'll just do that.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You have to press B mid evolution animation not just hold it from the start. 3DS buttons aren't rapid fire.

I'll mash the hell out of it next time but i would've sworn that in both XY and ORAS hitting B once to dismiss the text box and then hitting it a second time and holding it down worked 100% of the time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hey thread does anyone know if there's anything else to the alternate Alola you go to to get a Cosmog? Since it's pretty much supposed to the Alola of the other game version, can you catch version exclusives there or anything?

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Hey thread does anyone know if there's anything else to the alternate Alola you go to to get a Cosmog? Since it's pretty much supposed to the Alola of the other game version, can you catch version exclusives there or anything?

You can't catch version exclusives, or evolve Pokemon to version-exclusive forms, but you can evolve day/night-only evolutions in the other world.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can catch the other version of Lycanroc there, but Rockruff will still only evolve into your game's version.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lawen posted:

Good call on Heat Scale tutor, I'll just do that.

I'll mash the hell out of it next time but i would've sworn that in both XY and ORAS hitting B once to dismiss the text box and then hitting it a second time and holding it down worked 100% of the time.

I press A to dismiss the textbox, then B to stop the evolution.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can catch the other version of Lycanroc there, but Rockruff will still only evolve into your game's version.

You can catch the other version of Lycanroc without going over too. Both show up during day/night respectively in Great Poni Canyon.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Lets you do anything that needs the opposite time of day, namely time of day evolutions, wild pokemon, and the zygarde cells that only show up during day/night.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Help me name this rad Kecleon

candidates include:

Boy George
Greninja
Blockhead
SCP-682
Mr Frizzle

but i'll gladly hear your ideas as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
GEICO