Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
They should do a Matrix remake but reveal at the end that it's the story of the failure of one of the previous Matrixes they mention in Matrix 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

They should do a Matrix remake but reveal at the end that it's the story of the failure of one of the previous Matrixes they mention in Matrix 2

That one at least will not inspire existential panic because no one would mistake utopiatrix for this

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What's the deal with Ar-kansas? Is it like an alternate version of Kansas? Better or worse?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Campaign signs should have no legal protections of any kind. It should be legal to steal them, deface them, or run them over with your car.

Campaign signs should be religious icons and you should get in-game bonuses for praying to them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

What's the deal with Ar-kansas? Is it like an alternate version of Kansas? Better or worse?

Pirate separatists.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Pirate separatists.

Sepirates, surely.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Fun Blue Law, it's technically illegal to call Arkansas - Ar-Kansas, instead of Are-can-saw in the state of Arkansas.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the ozarks are beautiful but Trumpy, the area around Fayetteville seems pretty cool, the south is depressing and Trumpy

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

the ozarks are beautiful but Trumpy, the area around Fayetteville seems pretty cool, the south is depressing and Trumpy

The South is gerrymandered and voter-suppressed to poo poo, and is far from the Trumpy Monolith people pretend it is. When other people stop smugly looking down their noses at the backward South and start helping build progressive coalitions, the South will quit being Trumpy.

Beautiful country though, I agree.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

The South is gerrymandered and voter-suppressed to poo poo, and is far from the Trumpy Monolith people pretend it is. When other people stop smugly looking down their noses at the backward South and start helping build progressive coalitions, the South will quit being Trumpy.

Beautiful country though, I agree.

I'm just going by all the Trump flags that were on literally every other house

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Also the South has a different culture and thinks it's okay to be different from me.

It's not.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Aramek posted:

Also the South has a different culture and thinks it's okay to be different from me.

It's not.

This statement is true in Britain too

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Campaign signs should have no legal protections of any kind. It should be legal to steal them, deface them, or run them over with your car.

I’ve thrown a few trump and cop signs into the street. No regrets

Also hey jastiger you’ve really cooled down, huh?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Aramek posted:

It's not.

I mean when that culture still includes poo poo like sundown towns and curbstomping gay kids for being gay, then yah, I'm loving gonna look down on them

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Astrofig posted:

I mean when that culture still includes poo poo like sundown towns and curbstomping gay kids for being gay, then yah, I'm loving gonna look down on them

Oh the actual jastiger

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Astrofig posted:

Thank goodness the northeast, midwest, PNW, and rust belt have no racism.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Now now let’s not bicker. There’s enough racism for everybody.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Sure, we live in a racist society but the south like, double-dips on the racism and homophobia and just xenophobia in general

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Astrofig posted:

Sure, we live in a racist society but the south like, double-dips on the racism and homophobia and just xenophobia in general

good thing you're not exhibiting any xenophobia right now, that would be real embarrassing for you

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

we were talking about the state of Arkansas and the southern region of that state in particular before monkey decided to take up the banner for the whole southern US

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

we were talking about the state of Arkansas and the southern region of that state in particular before monkey decided to take up the banner for the whole southern US

I am sorry I broke up your weird hate boner for an area of the country that you understand poorly by talking about facts like 'GoP state governments have been baking voter suppression into their gameplan for the past 40 years which depresses Democratic turnout and make places look more red than they are'. :( That must have been hard for you to have to listen to a thing that goes against your preconceived notion of a place and its people.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

I am sorry I broke up your weird hate boner for an area of the country that you understand poorly by talking about facts like 'GoP state governments have been baking voter suppression into their gameplan for the past 40 years which depresses Democratic turnout and make places look more red than they are'. :( That must have been hard for you to have to listen to a thing that goes against your preconceived notion of a place and its people.

why don't you take a drive through it and have a look at all the signs

the thread was talking about campaign signs and I mentioned I saw a shitload of Trump campaign signs in southern AR

if you want to argue about this poo poo, go bother someone else. I fuckin live in the south, I know what it's like

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

why don't you take a drive through it and have a look at all the signs

the thread was talking about campaign signs and I mentioned I saw a shitload of Trump campaign signs in southern AR

if you want to argue about this poo poo, go bother someone else

I was actually arguing with Jastiger's rereg up there when you kramer'd your way back into the conversation. I live in the South and have family in southern Arkansas, I'm aware of the signs. You don't seem to be aware of much about the region outside of a quick drive, so if you want to let it go that'd be fine with me, but this kind of 'oh the stupid redneck south' rhetoric is one of the reasons some larger national progressive movements ignore the South, which allows the GoP to further cement their control. You're abandoning ideological allies and oppressed people so that you can feel smug that your guy is politely racist while their guy is a little less politely racist.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

I was actually arguing with Jastiger's rereg up there when you kramer'd your way back into the conversation. I live in the South and have family in southern Arkansas, I'm aware of the signs. You don't seem to be aware of much about the region outside of a quick drive, so if you want to let it go that'd be fine with me, but this kind of 'oh the stupid redneck south' rhetoric is one of the reasons some larger national progressive movements ignore the South, which allows the GoP to further cement their control. You're abandoning ideological allies and oppressed people so that you can feel smug that your guy is politely racist while their guy is a little less politely racist.

you're tilting at windmills you loon

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
ok

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yes clearly if only we were *nicer* to them, they'd

Oh wait, no, that's stupid.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Thankfully nobody said that, Jastiger.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I don't know who that is

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Astrofig posted:

Yes clearly if only we were *nicer* to them, they'd

Oh wait, no, that's stupid.

Who do you think votes in the south and why

Who do you think puts signs in their yard and why

What do you think this means about the politics and demographics

Also where the gently caress do you think gay bashing is commonplace, cuz I'm literally a gay 5'5'' jew from the south and that's a horrible misinterpretation of how and why things are the way they are there

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I haven't seen Astrofig make one post about Iowa.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
People complaining about the stress of the election make me sick. This is America, it is Democracy, it is glorious. Do not show weakness and do not look away. Open yourself up to the light of democracy and let it consume you utterly.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Gripweed posted:

People complaining about the stress of the election make me sick. This is America, it is Democracy, it is glorious. Do not show weakness and do not look away. Open yourself up to the light of democracy and let it consume you utterly.

look are you drinking yourself into a coma with us or not

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

look are you drinking yourself into a coma with us or not

Stone cold sober. I will look with eyes unclouded, and see the truth laid bare

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Stone cold sober. I will look with eyes unclouded, and see the truth laid bare

You can't see the real world unless you're hung over, and you can't be hung over unless you drink.

What I'm saying is you shouldn't drink.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We're all either dying of esophageal bleed at 42 or dying in the boiling oceans at 42. I know what option I choose.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We're all either dying of esophageal bleed at 42 or dying in the boiling oceans at 42. I know what option I choose.

Are we all the same age?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Are we all the same age?

Renew! Renew! Renew!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The US national anthem should be Battle Hymn of the Republic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
It should be Turkey in the Straw and you know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
After research, I have discovered that Turkey in the Straw is problematic and I retract my suggestion.