Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
This was also my first PS2 game (rental, thankfully) and I don't remember anything about it except that it sucks an impressive amount of balls and it's kind of ugly, even for a launch PS2 game. I think the combat was somwhat similar to Valkyrie Profile, but immensly worse?

My second PS2 rental was Devil May Cry, which is probably my favourite game ever, so it's not all bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My first PS2 game was FreQuency, this video of someone filming their CRT with like a webcam accurately reflects my memories of the experience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qceD-oUQvk

Second was Ace Combat 04

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

If you can't punt the pup then I don't give a poo poo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yeah I got my PS2 Xmas 2001 and GTA was my first game. gently caress it was amazing. It was a surprise because while the first two GTA's were fun I never really considered them "good". Also the last time I played a game that attempted to do what it did was Driver 2, which was rear end.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

If you can't punt the pup then I don't give a poo poo.

It's watch_dogs not punt_dogs

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
watch_me_punt_2_ D0gs

Edit: the plot of Orphen is basically "what if you were on the hit TV show LOST, but you were a wizard and everyone else is completely and utterly useless"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SSX was my first and maybe only regularly played PS2 game, since I sold it for an xbox as soon as I played Halo at a friend's house. No regrets, even though I was bored of Halo by 3.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

rabidsquid posted:

i preordered that game for the ps3, i was literally the only person to do so at the game stop i got it from and the girl working the register was surprised to discover the game existed

I still love AP despite the actual gameplay being mostly terrible. In a perfect world, a game exists that combines the stealth gameplay of MGSV, the reactive plot mechanics of Alpha Protocol, and the 80s soundtracks of both.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a major publisher will never allow a game with the plot mechanics of Alpha Protocol to be published again, Sega lost their poo poo about the amount of content most players would never see

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So why are TloU remastered and the Uncharted Collection still 60€? God drat they came out ages ago. Console prices are madness over here in Germany. We always get scalped

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tlou remastered has been twenty dollars base price on the psn store in the US forever so you answered your own question

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Looks like Dragon's Crown is being remastered for PS4.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Looks like Dragon's Crown is being remastered for PS4.

Is there a buff naked dwarf mode?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Orphen was my first ever PS2 title, too. I have zero fond memories of that game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

James Woods Fan posted:

Yeah I got my PS2 Xmas 2001 and GTA was my first game. gently caress it was amazing. It was a surprise because while the first two GTA's were fun I never really considered them "good". Also the last time I played a game that attempted to do what it did was Driver 2, which was rear end.

The best things about the first 2 GTA games was playing them and thinking "imagine if they ever made a game like this in 3D! Nah that could never happen"

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
As far as I am concerned the first two GTA games are the ONLY GTA games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ah Map posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xXw5JzhIz0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ah Map posted:

What about London 1969?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So if I buy TloU as US disc version, I will be able to play it, but can I also play multiplayer with a German psn account and a US disc?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ah Map posted:

best thing was what a stupid glitchy mess they were with cop cars flying across screen clipping through everything or randomly exploding

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hopper posted:

So if I buy TloU as US disc version, I will be able to play it, but can I also play multiplayer with a German psn account and a US disc?

Games are region free; DLC isn't.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
My first PS2 game was Metal Gear Solid 2. I feel fortunate.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Games are region free; DLC isn't.

Region Freedom isn't free. :911:

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Region Freedom isn't free. :911:

Region Freedom costs $60

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I bought Devil May Cry for ps2 and then used that to rationalize buying a ps2.

It was worth it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My first PS2 game was Buzz :)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Mine was Matrix: Path of Neo and I'm also on the team that had no memory card.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Mine was Matrix: Path of Neo and I'm also on the team that had no memory card.

haha

a great start for the PS2 gen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDeXaiBy3I

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I got FFX and Sands of Time with mine, so that was pretty good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

[quote="“Samuringa”" post="“476441197”"]
Mine was Matrix: Path of Neo and I’m also on the team that had no memory card.
[/quote]

One of my favourite reviews of all time was when PC Zone called this game “Shiterix: Path of Shite-o”

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Man I'm getting nostalgic for early ps2 games reading this thread, when I got it for Christmas in 2000 it came with Smugglers Run, SSX and Timesplitters. I freakin loved Timesplitters back in the day, used to play a bunch multiplayer with friends and did the majority of the single-player achievements, I bet that would be a difficult game to go back to now.

I remember one of the first games my dad bought after the initial release was a Resident Evil style knock-off named Extermination, more of a focus on parasitic aliens than zombies per-say but its a game I admired but found too difficult to progress far into.

We also got X-Squad which was an awful game and became something of a running joke between my friends of the prime example for a bad playstation 2 game. It was some kind of squad shooter where your 4 different heroes had different abilities. Not unlike a later original xbox game called Brute Force which was similarly poor quality and one of only two games I've ever returned to a games store out of disgust in my entire life. The other was Dead or Alive: Beach Volleyball.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i had an xbox 1 the first xbox instead of a ps2

dont really regret it either

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Macarius Wrench posted:

Man I'm getting nostalgic for early ps2 games reading this thread, when I got it for Christmas in 2000 it came with Smugglers Run, SSX and Timesplitters. I freakin loved Timesplitters back in the day, used to play a bunch multiplayer with friends and did the majority of the single-player achievements, I bet that would be a difficult game to go back to now.

Timesplitters was so loving amazing at the time. In terms of features, soundtrack, fun-factor, graphical oomph, etc...it was nearly perfect, and all those aspects have aged pretty well. It's achilles heel was a big one though: it had load times of between 2 and 4 minutes.

loving unreal how that got through certification.

I remember playing it with a multi-tap and a bunch of friends and we'd play the level called "Chinese" with a bunch of bots, double-fisted shotguns, and the kill-count set at like 200 so we'd have as much play as possible between loading slogs. We'd set the game up and then go up and get food and drinks while it loaded. Man, the poo poo we put up with back then.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i bought an xbox specifically for sports games because madden saves would take up entire memory cards but that hard drive oh baby

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My first PS2 game was Tekken Tag Tournament because PS2 launch titles.

I think I played more Ps1 games than PS2 games on my PS2 for the first year.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm trying not to get nostalgic but

Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy X
GTA: Vice City//San Andreas
Summoner
Onimusha: Warlords
Kingdom Hearts 1/2 (LOL two KH console releases in a single console lifecycle unreal)
Ratchet & Clank
Jack & Daxter
God of War
Dark Cloud

LoL at my childhood

Holy poo poo what a stacked console

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

just loving give me zone of enders already

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
God, a Zone of the Enders with the current technology would be a spectacle to behold.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I didn't have a PS2 until I bought a slim in 2004, and I really gorged on that library. I think I played ICO, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, MGS3, and Vice City for the first time in the same month. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
I'm thinking about purchasing a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 for PS4.

https://www.turtlebeach.com/us/Stea...lxoC4KEQAvD_BwE

I want to know what the chances are it will work for my Windows PC as well, but every site I look at has it listed for only PlayStation products.

If it won't work I would ask for alternative options for a wireless PC/PS4 headset.