Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

BillmasterCozb posted:

But they all pale in comparison to a luck build with rear end (Anri's Straight Sword)

Find another name for that dumb husbando sword, rear end is claimed. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
What's the best backup riptose weapon if running a whip? I'm guessing mailbreaker, because it's the highest base damage with a 130 crit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

turtlecrunch posted:

Find another name for that dumb husbando sword, rear end is claimed. :colbert:

:colbert: Fine, i'll name it the dip sword

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Item descriptions for some unused content http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/unused-content
e: oh Zullie added the stuff to the imgur- disregard and go here instead http://imgur.com/a/olgvn

Anyone figured out what the spooky ghosts in Irithyll are about yet?

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 13, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

vit is useless? so you're telling me my fast roll dual avelyn build with 68 vit was a waste of time????

e: I'm not joking

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

SciFiDownBeat posted:

vit is useless? so you're telling me my fast roll dual avelyn build with 68 vit was a waste of time????

A good gimmick/fashion souls is never a waste of time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

you just need enough vitality to keep under 70% equip load with your favorite armor and weapons equipped. there's not much benefit in heavy armor with poise being what it is, so it's all down to fashion

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Vit is the Fashion Souls stat that you level until you get your desired roll with your desired end-game gear. Find the stuff you want to wear for the rest of the game and respec Vit to whatever it needs to be for you to be under 70 or 30 equip load, whatever your preference. Anything over that is a waste, unless you like having lots of options I guess.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBQwiXiW_fs

Don't lie. We all thought it.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Jaaam posted:

Who's the boy Ludleth tells you not to seek? And who's the woman whose fate seems related??

It's just a speech slip-up. Both lines of dialogue are telling you not to look for Anri, since that character's gender is always opposite yours.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

turtlecrunch posted:

Item descriptions for some unused content http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/unused-content
e: oh Zullie added the stuff to the imgur- disregard and go here instead http://imgur.com/a/olgvn

Anyone figured out what the spooky ghosts in Irithyll are about yet?

of all of those things, the spirit amethyst that apparently seeks out the host of a world in pvp is the only thing i'd really like them to have kept and implemented. it sucks invading a huge zone like cotd or road of sacrifice and having no idea where the poo poo the host is hiding if they choose not to show themselves.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Wearing a bunch of armour makes a really helpful difference in damage absorption early on, on my lv30 I've got 21 vit and Havel ring, non-fatroll 70.0% of weight and despite the state of things I survive PvE and PvP remarkably well. It's just that it would have been better off in PvP being near naked under 30% weight with points in vigor.

Got builds on paper of up to 37 vitality that are staying on paper because they'd get stunlocked by a dwarven dickslapping. Rest in pickled piss, BLACK KNIGHT 2000.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

I only ever thought "Nana" like grandmother.

Also there's a video of some unused sounds for Ocelotte on reddit, but don't listen to it because it is literally a baby screaming with violent sfx surrounding it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

turtlecrunch posted:

I only ever thought "Nana" like grandmother.

I tried but she kept breaking free of the sellotape

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
:golfclap:

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.
Using Raw is recommended for sorcery/pyromancy builds, right, since the weapons can still be buffed? I'm thinking of trying a pyro runthrough.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Early on raw is recomended for everyone. Though some weapons are better raw than others. rear end is best raw and longsword is probably best for elemental infusions.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SciFiDownBeat posted:

why would you do that when Dual stancing is not a thing

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Iretep posted:

Early on raw is recomended for everyone. Though some weapons are better raw than others. rear end is best raw and longsword is probably best for elemental infusions.

The three "best" raw weapons (in terms of AR, overall damage, and stat requirements) are probably the Astora Straight Sword, Drakeblood Greatsword, and the regular ol' Glaive. For elemental infusions, the Lothric Knight Sword wins out for a lot of the infusions, as well as having a good moveset.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The drawback is you have to use a straight sword like some lame-o. Thankfully I wisened up and went with a Greatsword halfway through my first (Miracle-build) playthrough like all the cool kids.

E: Also I got like 3 Corvian Greatscythes that run and now that I'm going Pyromancy and want one to try with Chaos infusion, it won't even drop. I'm mad!

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

So I think its safe to say Ocelotte was part of the Oceiros fight and then cut by the censorship board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vCZdcp6hE

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

Hackan Slash posted:

What's the best backup riptose weapon if running a whip? I'm guessing mailbreaker, because it's the highest base damage with a 130 crit.

Mail breaker and the standard Dagger are both tied at 130. Handmaiden sells daggers. Get both, and check your scaling & infusion options to see what hits hardest.

BillmasterCozb posted:

why would you do that when Dual stancing is not a thing

Firing a crossbow and reloading a crossbow take about the same amount of time. Having another shot loaded at the start of a fight, and being able to load a second shot while you don't have a clear target, is totally a slight improvement in your ability to shoot stuff dead.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yeah i'm cool with that being gone

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Shannow posted:

What amazes me is how loving useless it is.

Yeah, because it's an early/midgame spell that you can't get till near endgame in a game where sorcery is already weak. It's like they ported it straight over from the first two games but totally forgot to put it somewhere that would actually make sense.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

me: Well I got 18 str and 40 dex and a +10 washing pole, lets check out andre to see what kind of sick damage boost i get from a sharp gem

me two minutes later: gently caress from software weapon balancing lmao

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

So, was it sick? Don't leave us hanging.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

skasion posted:

Yeah, because it's an early/midgame spell that you can't get till near endgame in a game where sorcery is already weak. It's like they ported it straight over from the first two games but totally forgot to put it somewhere that would actually make sense.

to be fair it's not like magic makes any goddamn sense in ds3 anyways

see regular soul spear doing less damage than ghsa (until you hit 60 int w/ +10 sage staff) while costing 2x as much and casting slower

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Well, I think I'm done with this game for a bit.

Guy invades me at the high wall of lothric, laggiest rear end in a top hat I've met. He came up to me, unloaded his attacks on my shield, and got punished. He rolls away, I let him estus, he does the same thing. He also spammed parry so hard that he let me get behind him and backstab him, twice. He tried using the black crystal after I started summoning a sun bro just to mess with him, but he even hosed that up by doing it right next to me, so I backstabbed him again, lethally this time. This happened in NG+++++.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
http://rezuaq.tumblr.com/newarea

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Manatee Cannon posted:

you just need enough vitality to keep under 70% equip load with your favorite armor and weapons equipped. there's not much benefit in heavy armor with poise being what it is, so it's all down to fashion

high vitality improves your damage absorption more than any armor i think.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

There goes the next 5 pages :f5:

e: Wanna visit the Painted Fortress and Smouldering World of Blue :eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 13, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I think New Londo Londo wins, can we all agree about that and not waste the next 100 posts on this thing

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Alabaster White posted:

There goes the next 5 pages :f5:

e: Wanna visit the Painted Fortress and Smouldering World of Blue :eyepop:

I'd like to stay the hell out of the Dragon Profaned Graves of Latria thx

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Now entering: The Things

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

edit: I would actually love to see this very much so

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Took me to Town. Dark Souls 10 hub confirmed.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

"The Duke's Rise" sounds like some sort of 80s gangster film.

This is how they're going to generate all the DLC areas. We're heading to Moonside Cathedral and Shrine of Sacrifices on the way to... Lecture Cave :geno:

e: NEW WORLD OF THE ABYSS

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 13, 2016

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I'm sorry, I think Sen's Things of Drakes wins.

Other really confusing ones:

Anor Boletarian Nexus of the Abyss

Blightsettlement

Dungeon Dungeon

Lord's Private Bastille

Profaned Peak of Defilement

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 13, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

LuiCypher posted:

I'm sorry, I think Sen's Things of Drakes wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The Township