Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Augus posted:

my suggestion is Xenoblade 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they have already chosen to sell it OP

they can use the money they got from selling Xenoblade 3 to buy Xenoblade 3

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I will also have to recommend Xenoblade 3

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’d like to recommend a good tuggin

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

LuckyCat posted:

Sold

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This thread is the loving worst.

Anyway, play Kirby.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

die

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Walla posted:

This thread is the loving worst.

Anyway, play Kirby.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Science_enthusiast posted:

Dear thread,

I have chosen to sell xenoblade chronicles three- whoever decided to make those little ballbag creatures who sound like tellytubbies can gently caress off. From what i can tell their only purpose is to ruin the tone of the story. Also maybe i am too old but i havent the foggiest what the gently caress is going on in the battles. I am breezing through them (died once in 30hrs) but feel a complete lack of agency/ meaningful choice. Anyway its not for me.

I want to invest that money in a new game:

Im swinging between kirby and live a live.

- kirby mainly cos of this thread, should probably add that i found mario odyssey aimless and mind numbing, but 3d world is my fav Mario (which seems similar in terms of the level style)

-live a live looks cool because i love these kind of goofball/ charming jrpg's and the battle system looks cool/ tactical. Also its supposedly <30 hrs which is a huge plus. My only concern is that it looks like it could be a bit gameplay light.

Any suggestions appreciated.

time to nopon out of this thread

meh meh

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Nopon rule.

Riku is my fave Nopon though bc he's shy and serious instead of outgoing and cutesy like most Nopon.

Also he has an INCREDIBLE head of hair.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone tried cursed to golf? I love golf games but I am so-so on roguelikes

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

One is a quick platformer that's awesome, while LiveaLive is an rpg that has a demo so you can try it. Pretty easy to figure out what you'd want instead.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

PantsBandit posted:

Nopon rule.

Riku is my fave Nopon though bc he's shy and serious instead of outgoing and cutesy like most Nopon.

Also he has an INCREDIBLE head of hair.

Class mechanics suggest it's a wig!

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Barreft posted:

One is a quick platformer that's awesome, while LiveaLive is an rpg that has a demo so you can try it. Pretty easy to figure out what you'd want instead.

There is actually a demo for both

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Upsidads posted:

Class mechanics suggest it's a wig!

hosed up if true.

I don't really understand being lost with the combat, they painstakingly explain each concept as they introduce them. The only two mechanics that weren't explained well enough are Link-level and chain-attacks.

I'm thoroughly enjoying XB3, I played about 20 hours of 1 and dropped off. Hoping that doesn't happen here, the thing that made me bounce off 1 was getting frustrated at digging through menus and the UI feels leagues better in 3.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

There is actually a demo for both

I bought it day one so I didn't know, that's good

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

hosed up if true.

I don't really understand being lost with the combat, they painstakingly explain each concept as they introduce them. The only two mechanics that weren't explained well enough are Link-level and chain-attacks.

I'm thoroughly enjoying XB3, I played about 20 hours of 1 and dropped off. Hoping that doesn't happen here, the thing that made me bounce off 1 was getting frustrated at digging through menus and the UI feels leagues better in 3.

Also if it's a problem, just use auto-battle sometimes? or go into the help menu and you can literally play any situation to understand. It is a huge system and confusing, not disagreeing at all there but it's also a 100hr JRPG with all that brings

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't know what's going on in battles tbh I just hit auto battle. And story bosses, well, I'm like five levels higher than them and on easy mode, I don't really need to know what I'm doing.

I understand individual actions and what they all do and status effects and all that, I just don't really grasp how to do any kind of strategy with all this. I just have higher numbers and then the enemy dies. Try to have two Shield, two sword, two healer

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't know what's going on in battles tbh I just hit auto battle. And story bosses, well, I'm like five levels higher than them and on easy mode, I don't really need to know what I'm doing.

I understand individual actions and what they all do and status effects and all that, I just don't really grasp how to do any kind of strategy with all this. I just have higher numbers and then the enemy dies. Try to have two Shield, two sword, two healer

All I know is to have characters with Break, Topple, Launch, Daze, Smash. and to extend every chain attack as long as I can for the huge dmg and exp bonuses.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Barreft posted:

Also if it's a problem, just use auto-battle sometimes? or go into the help menu and you can literally play any situation to understand. It is a huge system and confusing, not disagreeing at all there but it's also a 100hr JRPG with all that brings

I understood the systems- i just feel like it is visually confusing to the point where i didnt feel like i could engage with them in a fun way. 6 party members just feels too busy.

I grew up in the uk and I think my hatred for the Nopon has mainly to do with the voice acting reminding me of crap kids telly.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I understood the systems- i just feel like it is visually confusing to the point where i didnt feel like i could engage with them in a fun way. 6 party members just feels too busy.

I grew up in the uk and I think my hatred for the Nopon has mainly to do with the voice acting reminding me of crap kids telly.

It's very busy I agree.

I thought you were trolling just cause of the Nopon thing lol

e: like the one nopon has such a deep voice it's hilarious

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you have to put the va on japanese if ur from the uk. its truly intolerable to hear so many british people.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Doesn't XB3 have good Nopon? I thought it was 2 and X that had the bad Nopon.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

XBC2 has good nopon including some great antagonist nopon

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Riku also has the best VA in the game by far. Perhaps in the whole series??

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Doesn't XB3 have good Nopon? I thought it was 2 and X that had the bad Nopon.

I'm enjoying the game a ton. In chapter 4. I think the two Nopon in your party are alright. They're a step down from Riki in XBC1, but far better than the one from XBC2. I don't disagree with Science_enthusiast from the previous page in that they can ruin the tone of a scene with their baby talk.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LuckyCat posted:

We're trying to recommend them Xenoblade 3, not Xenoblade 2, OP.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wave race 64 day here soon!!!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This thread’s favorite YouTuber got put in YT Jail

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is that the blue puppet?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

LuckyCat posted:

Wow, his expression finally matches the title of the video.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

lunar detritus posted:

Wow, his expression finally matches the title of the video.

man hes real short. gonna need a boost for that toilet

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

XC3 made Nopon way less annoying than XC2 and XCX, maybe not less annoying than the first game though because HEROPON VERY COOL

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

XC3 made Nopon way less annoying than XC2 and XCX, maybe not less annoying than the first game though because HEROPON VERY COOL

they have actual measured insights into other characters and it blows my mind

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nopon never bothered me when playing with Japanese voices and I actually find them funny, but they were what convinced me to switch languages in the first place, that and Rex sounding like my grandpa

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I bought Castle Crashers cause it was like $5 bucks the last sale and cause I loved it when it was new.

Is the online scene there just completely dead? I shouldn't be surprised with how old it is, but every time I've tried to play, it's been like one of 5 of the same people every single time and all they want to do is take their level 99 guy to the last boss where we die over and over.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The one good thing about Tora is that around the halfway point of the game he almost completely disappears from the story.
Incidentally that was also the one bad thing about Riki

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

hatty posted:

Nopon never bothered me when playing with Japanese voices and I actually find them funny, but they were what convinced me to switch languages in the first place, that and Rex sounding like my grandpa

Its a shame because the voice acting on the other characters is fantastic especially the mecha joker guys Noah and whatever the welsh cat are called have some of the most likeable vocal delivery I have heard in games (she is the same actress as Ranni the witch I believe)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LuckyCat posted:

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Digital Founfry have perjured themselves in the Switch Pro trial