Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

wanna hear billy joel sing 'uptown human being'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the eisenhorn trilogy is really the only required warhammer reading but drat is it good as gently caress

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kilmers Elbow posted:

wanna hear billy joel sing 'uptown human being'
i think that's what the group might actually call themselves

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

“Aryan Pride” for Jesus: An Oklahoma pastor is under arrest after being caught running a prostitution ring with a white supremacist.

Pastor Walter Eugene Brazington Jr. is “being charged with procuring for prostitution and possession of a firearm while in the commission of a felony,” according to a report from Tulsa World.

The Oklahoma pastor was caught running a massage parlor that was being used as a front for a prostitution ring. His partner in crime was white supremacist Tiffany Roach, an HIV positive prostitute who calls herself “Aryan Woman” and professes to have “Whitegirl Pride.”

Brazington is listed as an apostle and prophet for the All Nations Evangelistic Team, a preaching group based in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/12/oklahoma-pastor-busted-running-white-supremacist-prostitution-ring/
an HIV-positive nazi prostitute named roach!? get the gently caress out of here

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
say hello to our next senator

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If you really, really like 40k you're either a nazi, a communist or have completely lost touch with the real world. Some overlap.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

whitegirl pride

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

an HIV-positive nazi prostitute named roach!? get the gently caress out of here

This story is Oklahoma af

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Inescapable Duck posted:

If you really, really like 40k you're either a nazi, a communist or have completely lost touch with the real world. Some overlap.

Look it was before the internet really existed and I was a maladjusted dork who picked up a copy of White Dwarf at quarterstaff games and thought it was totally kickass, all right? Grew out of it, nothing to concern yourself with now. *guiltily pushes 1st edition Blood Bowl boxed set out of view*

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
TBF, tabletop and PnP gaming seems superior to video games, partially due to flexibility and second because you must interact face to face with another human being and suffer real social consequences for being an unrepentant shitheel. I know such scenes still have awful people, but I feel like it's a money and obtuse rule barrier that ends up making them exclusive rather than inclusive. What I am saying is that capitalism ruins a superior format of gaming IMHO.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
PnP gaming is better because it means not staring at the glowing screen for several consecutive minutes, all the while interacting with at least one other human being.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like a lot of you guys are just jealous of the weird muscle dude that uses 40k lore to explain all his fantastical delusions

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Here's the 40k book rankings

Space Marine by Ian Watson is the best bc it's incredibly gay and also one of the first pieces of fiction written for the universe

Eisenhorn

The night Lord's omnibjs

lol at suggesting space marine before inquisition war

read inquisitor/harlequin/chaos child by ian watson yall

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

lol that any of you have read warhammer books

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

ok back to serious biz. here's an example of some organized IRL stalking / intimidation patriot front engages in:

https://twitter.com/thechefgoyardee/status/938250558435192833
this particular twitter account is from a neo-nazi podcaster who i think is in the houston area since he tweets a lot about local groups like the "houston goylers." the tactic seems to have gotten a pretty good reaction from the usual sources so i expect them to keep it up and also direct it towards others. i also think this represents an escalation (stalking a student at his workplace because of an article he wrote) since i haven't seen them do this before.

I'll talk to some people around town and see if we can figure out who he/she is.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

oh and he didn't mention height so he's probably an average-heightcel

even if not big lmaos at "must be under 5'6"

like haha what lotta insecurity in there regardless

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
well there are 'skullcels' who measure themselves with calipers and think that's why they can't get laid

or people who are just above average (say, 5'11) who think they're defective because they don't have the advantage of being 6'2

elliot rodger had many advantages dating-wise but he was hung up on the fact that he didn't have one -he was slightly short- or completely meaningless poo poo like being half-Asian

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

2018 is gonna be real dark but there'll be wacky bright spots like when dorsey gets ousted after he accidentally retweets Weird Mike, and investigation reveals that dorsey has been protecting him and pays for his gorilla mindset seminars.

This, incidentally, will happen on the same day that prison paul gets booked on chapo and louise mensch goes on inforwars.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Reince Penis posted:

PnP gaming is better because it means not staring at the glowing screen for several consecutive minutes, all the while interacting with at least one other human being.

i can stare at the glowing screen for three hours and interact with several human beings thanks to the magic of the internet thank you very much

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lol that any of you have read warhammer books

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

where did Stephen Crowder go? I don't think I have heard anyone mention his name since the election

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Sinners Sandwich posted:

where did Stephen Crowder go? I don't think I have heard anyone mention his name since the election

crowder retreated into the body cavity from whence he came

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

well there are 'skullcels' who measure themselves with calipers and think that's why they can't get laid

or people who are just above average (say, 5'11) who think they're defective because they don't have the advantage of being 6'2

elliot rodger had many advantages dating-wise but he was hung up on the fact that he didn't have one -he was slightly short- or completely meaningless poo poo like being half-Asian

yeah it's bananas to me

like I'm 5'4", bald since 22, and have a midwest-normal (fat) build, and I get where it all comes from, but lmao if u carry that chip around past junior high

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

He's currently owning the libs by going undercover as a female and blowing strangers off Craigslist.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Bushiz posted:

This, incidentally, will happen on the same day that prison paul gets booked on chapo and louise mensch goes on inforwars.

i would kill for a Chapo with pjw

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

https://twitter.com/Sam_Cant_Die/status/938023291268227072

Ague Proof posted:

there was a black PUA who discovered Elliot Rodgers's videos before he did his spree shooting, and actually nailed that Elliot Rodger couldn't get dates because his personality was toxic and anybody can tell.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

He pops up occasionally but he lacks the institutional, ivy-league wannabe mindset to be a James O'Keefe and the conviction to be a youtube nazi, doomed to wander a purgatory where he makes content for gamergate people circa December 2014.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

This story is Tulsa, Oklahoma af

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Peanut Butler posted:

yeah it's bananas to me

like I'm 5'4", bald since 22, and have a midwest-normal (fat) build, and I get where it all comes from, but lmao if u carry that chip around past junior high

The one acquaintance I have who has hosed probably more people than anyone else in my social circle is also probably the ugliest guy I know. Weird face, overweight, slightly moist at all times. His secret technique? He's actually funny and people enjoy being around him

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I probably fought someone in that story at the soundpony.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

as a lifelong tabletop freak, I lol extremely hard at the idea that PnP gaming somehow has a better environment than video games

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

as a lifelong tabletop freak, I lol extremely hard at the idea that PnP gaming somehow has a better environment than video games

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Like every game played with other people, the experience can be good or bad depending upon who you play with.

I run a Shadowrun game with a great group and we have a lot of fun. I've heard tons of horror stories from other PnP RPG groups.

Playing casual Warhammer for fun is cool and good but playing against a powergaming insecure tryhard nerd isn't fun and I refuse to do it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Like every game played with other people, the experience can be good or bad depending upon who you play with.

I run a Shadowrun game with a great group and we have a lot of fun. I've heard tons of horror stories from other PnP RPG groups.

Playing casual Warhammer for fun is cool and good but playing against a powergaming insecure tryhard nerd isn't fun and I refuse to do it.

Yeah. I haven't played seriously in ages, but back when I did I only very rarely played against anyone I didn't personally know. Lotta rules-lawyering assholes out there, sucks the fun right out of things.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

so you have to find the 2% of the wargaming population that isn't a powergamer

I mean I guess thats slightly better than the 0.00001% of CCG players

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

lancemantis posted:

so you have to find the 2% of the wargaming population that isn't a powergamer

I mean I guess thats slightly better than the 0.00001% of CCG players

Isn't power gaming kinda the point of those kinda games though?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Yeah the newest edition of D&D was purposefully designed to be as regressive as possible and Mike Mearls, the head designer hired out John Tarnowski and Zak S., as consultant designers and both of those fuckers lead online communities of reactionary troglodytes that use to harass LGBT and Women designers in the medium. Hell they harass and stalk people just for designing games that aren't J"ust Like D&D Was When They Were 12." To the point that multiple PnP game creators have just dropped all online presences and left the industry, including former Goon and good lady Mikan who was serially stalked and harassed for the crimes of being a transwoman and saying maybe nerd harassment squads are bad. These two fuckers were brought on to help direct D&D which is sadly the biggest PnP game and closest to being mainstream (Even though all but 2 of its editions turbo suck as games).

The PnP industry sucks and the vast majority of people into them are hyper regressive shitheads compared to even you most Alt-right gamer loser because they're an even smaller group and way way WAAAAAAY more radicalized by their handful of figureheads.

Kill all nerds, is what I'm saying.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dreddout posted:

Isn't power gaming kinda the point of those kinda games though?

yes but its extremely bad w poo poo like warhammer bc the rules are really poorly written and easy to exploit

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
why are so many of these loving grifters canadians?

can we deport them after the mattering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The true heroes of the 40K setting are the ones that want to eat the galaxy and poo poo it out as reconstituted biomass so they can do the same thing to the next lovely galaxy. Death is a release and you get to make lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of friends as your cells intermingle with those of a devoured space elf in the phallic bio-cannon of a lumbering dino-bug.