Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TV Showdown Expected As ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Debuts Tonight Against HBO’s ‘Ichabod,’ TNT’s ‘Headless Horseman,’ Showtime’s ‘Cloaked Rider’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

I read this one before this morning before I found out about the actual shooting. So that was kind of weird.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Once again The Onion predicts the future in spectacular fashion.

"Justin Bieber Found To Be Cleverly Disguised 51-Year-Old Pedophile"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3jMoFJrBQ

"Justin Bieber imposter Robert Hunter jailed over child sex videos"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-24108311

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
http://www.theonion.com/articles/12yearold-hispanic-boy-not-sure-if-hes-supposed-to,33889/

12-year-old boy not sure if he should idolize Marco Rubio

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I really like this one, because I know there are people who actually believe it.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Grandmother Shown Around Retirement Home Where She Will Die

quote:

Upon entering Tellinder’s prospective apartment—a 15-by-15-foot residence where a night-shift employee is likely to find her body lifeless and stiff with rigor mortis—her 52-year-old daughter Eileen Caruso commented on the space’s coziness.

:smith:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
11 AMAZING Photos Of Doug Bramowski As He Slowly Realizes His Wife Is Having An Affair

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Ha, that is a follow up to this uncharacteristically cheery article by the way: Meteorologists Report Sky Just A Little Bluer Today, And It’s Because Minneapolis Resident Doug Bramowski’s In Love. Dammit Onion, not everything has to eventually turn to poo poo!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

khwarezm posted:

Dammit Onion, not everything has to eventually turn to poo poo!
Report: World Now Down To 5 Stories That Are Inspirational

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Area Man's Intelligence Probably Just Too Intimidating For Most Women

:drat:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

goons.txt again.

Liquor Commercial Featuring Dance Party On Pirate Ship Also Includes Important Message About Responsibility

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

khwarezm posted:

Ha, that is a follow up to this uncharacteristically cheery article by the way: Meteorologists Report Sky Just A Little Bluer Today, And It’s Because Minneapolis Resident Doug Bramowski’s In Love. Dammit Onion, not everything has to eventually turn to poo poo!

Haha, I didn't even realize that. Man, that relationship went to hell fast.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

khwarezm posted:

That is loving unbelievable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I choose to believe the divorce is first and the love one is second.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Barudak posted:

I choose to believe the divorce is first and the love one is second.

Just wait until the next Bramowski update comes out. :unsmigghh:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

prefect posted:

Just wait until the next Bramowski update comes out. :unsmigghh:
He's already dating Taylor Swift.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
This is my favorite article they've done in a while: Hell Now A Thriving Epicenter Of Gay Culture

quote:

“It’s really refreshing, frankly, to live in a place where nobody gives me any weird looks when I walk hand-in-hand with my girlfriend,” Aldridge continued. “And all of the other eternally damned homosexuals down here feel the same. I thank Satan every day for welcoming me here.”

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Looks like the onion has been reading CineD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPOX2kNAZ6I

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Area Father Must Have Read Some Drug-Slang Brochure Or Something

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
I am filled with a large number of conflicting emotions:

Lonely Nation Gathers Outside Window Of Happy Family Eating Dinner Together

EDIT: Picture + headline: Hang-Glider Gang Terrorizes Elderly Hot-Air-Ballooning Couple

Lysidas has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Sep 23, 2013

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Rediscovered one of my all time favourites:

Alternate-Universe Sci-Fi Channel Show Asks What Would Happen If Germany Lost War

Producers said depicting the fictional, non-German-controlled America cost upwards of 40 million reichsmarks per episode, with much of the budget going toward recreating the cities of Washington, D.C. and New York exactly as they would have appeared before the famous tide-turning Luftwaffe strike of 1951. In addition, test audiences reported being impressed by the show's painstaking portrayal of a topsy-turvy 2009 in which American big-band music plays on every radio, Mickey Mouse spouts pro-Semitic propaganda from every cinema screen, and dilution of the supreme race runs rampant.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

jojoinnit posted:

Rediscovered one of my all time favourites:

Alternate-Universe Sci-Fi Channel Show Asks What Would Happen If Germany Lost War

Producers said depicting the fictional, non-German-controlled America cost upwards of 40 million reichsmarks per episode, with much of the budget going toward recreating the cities of Washington, D.C. and New York exactly as they would have appeared before the famous tide-turning Luftwaffe strike of 1951. In addition, test audiences reported being impressed by the show's painstaking portrayal of a topsy-turvy 2009 in which American big-band music plays on every radio, Mickey Mouse spouts pro-Semitic propaganda from every cinema screen, and dilution of the supreme race runs rampant.

If you like that article, you have to read The Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
:stare: I Wish The Government Would Make Up Its Mind Who Should Be Killed And Who I Can Have Sex With

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Burger King Introduces New Healthy Deep-Steamed French Fries

Posted two years ago.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
They really do have pre-cogs.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

That really went in a different direction from what I was expecting.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
The American Voices on the new 'satisfries' (yes, that is the actual name of these) is a hoot.

"That doesn't sound satisfrying at all."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Robert Denby posted:

The American Voices on the new 'satisfries' (yes, that is the actual name of these) is a hoot.

"Do you have to order them by name?" -- That guy speaks for me.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Robert Denby posted:

It's such a dumb joke but I've been snickering at it all day.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

This led me to Abused Child Running Out of Black Crayon, which might be my new favorite headline+picture combo.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
President Cruz Fondly Recalls 21-Hour Speech That Started It All

Beautiful. :allears:

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
The last line is actually kind of :unsmith:

Man Who Has Something Seriously Wrong With Him On A Fundamental Level Leaves That Part Off OKCupid Profile

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Roger Goodell Announces NFL Will Begin Collecting Players’ Sperm For New Breeding Program

Roger Goodell posted:

Empty capsules shall be distributed on Tuesday. The player shall fill the capsule with semen and return it on Wednesday, at which point it shall become the sole property of the NFL. All of this is necessary. The league will survive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This one is just them being kind of goofy, James Fenimore Cooper, Famed American Novelist, Dies At 224

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

This one too!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/district-attorney-worked-way-up-from-police-dog,34017/

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
They're on loving fire today.

New Poll Finds Americans View Death Of Close Relative More Favorably Than Congress

quote:

When asked whether they would prefer to select a casket for their child or endure the forthcoming congressional showdown over the debt ceiling, 89 percent of Americans said they would rather bury their own offspring.

Bullied Eighth-Grader Incorrectly Thought Classmates Would Leave Him Alone During Field Trip To 9/11 Memorial

quote:

While touring the museum portion of the memorial, looking at photos of those who lost their lives and listening to 911 calls from employees inside the World Trade Center, Holcombe’s expectation of not being on the receiving end of vicious taunts was once again unmet when numerous students, girls included, reportedly thought it would be funny to approach him and say, “I heard your dad flew one of those planes,” “Your dad’s a terrorist,” and “You’re a Muslim and so is your dad.”

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Loving the recent influx of goofy poo poo.

World’s Insect Leaders Attend G20,000,000,000 Summit

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

I was actually pretty disappointed that they let up on the gas towards the end of this one and didn't go super-depressing like saying the kid committed suicide at 16 because of bullying or something.

Has the onion turned me into a bad person?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Skeesix posted:

I was actually pretty disappointed that they let up on the gas towards the end of this one and didn't go super-depressing like saying the kid committed suicide at 16 because of bullying or something.

Has the onion turned me into a bad person?
I thought the end was mocking the common nerd fantasy of having their childhood bully ending up working for them in some low level job. The "source" is the bullied eighth grader imagining the future.

This never happens. My dark imagination has me believe this future won't really be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Another great headline/picture combo:

Tony Blair Apparently Not British Prime Minister Anymore