Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Euphonium was alright and could be real good and Yamada's a real good manga so the anime should be pretty good as well, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Only two shows I've watched from this season are BBB and Ore Monogatari 'cause I've been busy.

Please recommend me a third.

Euphonium turned out pretty good. Try that.

On the topic of SamFlam, I know it's ultimately not that good of a show, but it was a show that reveled in being totally absurd and knowing exactly how absurd trying to one-up itself every few episodes is, so it turned out pretty entertaining.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Punchline is worth watching if you're willing to append to all your posts in ADTRW "but I wish it didn't have all this fanservice"

Actually I hated it but

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Only two shows I've watched from this season are BBB and Ore Monogatari 'cause I've been busy.

Please recommend me a third.

Unlimited Blade Works

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

aers posted:

Punchline is worth watching if you're willing to append to all your posts in ADTRW "but I wish it didn't have all this fanservice"

Actually I hated it but
What if I want it to have all the fanservice?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Twiddy posted:

What if I want it to have all the fanservice?

Should've just watched DxD then

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Is Digimon Adventure Tri actually happening this season? Cause I need nostalgia and reminded that the things I liked when I was 12 didn't suck like I need air and water

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

graybook posted:

Should've just watched DxD then

But what if I wanted to watch some that's actually good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Will check out everything except

Rodyle posted:

Unlimited Blade Works
and report back.

UBW looks like a solid adaptation but I haven't seen the first season yet so that's a no-go.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
DanMachi is this season's exceptional show, but Euphonium, Arslan and OreMon seem nice as well.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

darkgray posted:

DanMachi is this season's exceptional show, but Euphonium, Arslan and OreMon seem nice as well.

If the best show we have this season is an adaption of a light novel it is time to end anime.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Will check out everything except
and report back.

UBW looks like a solid adaptation but I haven't seen the first season yet so that's a no-go.

The only anime adaptation of the first route is terrible so you might want to skip it if you plan on watching anything Fate.

^^e: Danmachi is good because of the boobstring meme.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

fortunately this season has ore monogatari and BBB as well

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

If the best show we have this season is an adaption of a light novel it is time to end anime.

nooooo. anime is good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

uhm haruhi???

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

uhm haruhi???

lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

uhm haruhi???

is the new haruhi thing worth watching

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

probably not, im not going to bother

also someone made a good post about the viewing order for yozukara quartet and i cant find it. help!!!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

dogsicle posted:

The only anime adaptation of the first route is terrible so you might want to skip it if you plan on watching anything Fate.
I am already well-acquainted with Studio DEEN's substandard production. I'm talking about how UBW got split into two separate seasons.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

probably not, im not going to bother

same

Davincie posted:

also someone made a good post about the viewing order for yozukara quartet and i cant find it. help!!!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693792&pagenumber=243&perpage=40#post443769965

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

arigato

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

punchline is insane but i liked it

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

you probably shouldnt watch it if you're over the age of 20 though (aka an old man)

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Triage X: Entertaining schlock is all well and good, but there was some pretty hosed up stuff among all that. I'm out.

From a few pages back, but could you elaborate a bit on what was hosed up about Triage X?

Only thing hosed up about Punchline is that pantyshots are a plot point right?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Only thing hosed up about Punchline is that pantyshots are a plot point right?

So far. Also, if the MC sees too much fanservice, the world is destroyed and he has to go back to a quicksave to try again.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sharkopath posted:

One was ADTRW anime of the year 2013

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I am already well-acquainted with Studio DEEN's substandard production. I'm talking about how UBW got split into two separate seasons.

Ah, my bad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

One was ADTRW anime of the year 2013

what was it

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

From a few pages back, but could you elaborate a bit on what was hosed up about Triage X?

If you don't like hosed up stuff stop reading.

There's one part where one of the head baddies is getting intel from his giant boobed ninja agent and he starts creepily fondling her and the whole thing suggested sex slavery to me. Right after that there's a part where another baddie has a girl tied to a chair and blindfolded and is whipping her while recording it and saying creepy poo poo. Also a guy who's presumably a husband or friend is tied up nearby and forced to watch.

That is really bad taste even if it was used in a "competent" way (quotes because where could you legitimately justify this poo poo), but in this context it's plain hosed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what was it
i think he is talking about fate/zero

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no, wait, fate/zero was 2011, holy poo poo, it's been nearly 4 years :catstare:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Baccano is the greatest anime of all time

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what was it
the devil is a part timer because in a year with some of the best anime ever made of course goons pick the loving lovely light novel adaptation as anime of the year

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

it got 13 more votes than chihayafuru lmao

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

unacceptable

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

A lot of it was just a goon hype train. It's still a pretty good show.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Devil is better, goons are wise creatures

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Devil is better, goons are wise creatures

jesus

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Chihayafuru is quite good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Chihayafuru is quite good though.

You can't try to save face now, we're gonna toss you in the volcano.

• Locked thread