Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Does a controller work well for this game? I'm guessing so since it was obviously designed for ps4. Does it recognize a DS4 controller or will I need to run DS4 Windows?

Works with my steam controller so it'll probably work with ds4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So has anyone used the parry chip? What's the limitation on what you can parry?

edit: Goddamn, I played way too much fire emblem when I instantly recognized Jackass as Sully

Tae fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 18, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ahahaha holy poo poo the stamp sidequest.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
how in the motherfucking goddamn hell do I get Emil to spawn on his route near the resistance camp

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

can pc players not pray at corpses?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

how in the motherfucking goddamn hell do I get Emil to spawn on his route near the resistance camp

Just keep reloading, either your save or going between Bunker/Camp.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I'm done. Endings, anyway. Ending E thoughts:

YO gently caress "SQUARE ENIX INC." MY RUN WAS FLAWLESS UNTIL THAT FUCKIN THING SHOWED UP

Sorry, just had to get that out of the way. I did start to think in the middle that this was starting to drag a little and once I hit the above section some repeated deaths were getting me very salty... which is when I realized the messages on the continue screen were multiplying, and they were cheering me on. And then it gives me the option to accept help and the background music suddenly builds up with all the background voices and then all the extra cursors come out and holy poo poo this is the best loving thing. I think I said that last part out loud, I'm honestly not that sure, I was a bit distracted.

What a finish, though. The "story" wraps up and our best robot buddies are all, gently caress that, gonna fight the dev team and shoot them all up until we get a happy ending. Amazing.

Game of 2017 for me, personally, and 2017 has been packed with some real hot poo poo gaming wise so that's quite the accomplishment.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

kirbysuperstar posted:

Just keep reloading, either your save or going between Bunker/Camp.

Even if you don't know where he is, after you first meet him he'll show up on the map as an icon of his face if you're in the approximate ballpark. It makes it easier to track him down. You'll also hear him singing long before you see him.

He moves in a rough perimeter around the crater, which is a fairly large radius.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Monomythian posted:

There are a bunch of quests you will have to come back to much later, they are all over the place when it comes to level/difficulty.

Yeah this is spot on thanks. I gave up on the side quests I was dying over and over on and just blitzed the main story for a while and it was so much easier.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Dineren posted:

Is it worth it to play through the original Nier a third time or should I just watch it on youtube? I've enjoyed my time with it, but I don't know if I have it in me to run through these same encounters again.

Getting Ending D is really worth it if you have it in you to get there

Tae posted:

So has anyone used the parry chip? What's the limitation on what you can parry?

edit: Goddamn, I played way too much fire emblem when I instantly recognized Jackass as Sully

Just about anything that isn't a bullet. It's the same system as the Bayonetta parry

Nina fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 18, 2017

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
The rear end in this game is so good, I had a wet dream the other night thinking about it. :fap:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Coming back to it after a night's sleep I like Ending E but here are some thoughts. Spoilers if you haven't played the original NieR

The reason I like Ending D of Nier way better is that the sacrifice exists both for you and Nier. Nier has everything to lose and so do you and it becomes more like a method of immensely boosting your tie to your player character rather than existing as something entirely fourth wall breaking. At this point I imagine most players pity Kainé so much the incentive to give up your save to change her fate is high. It's also great because it's mandatory for getting the ending to begin with. If you want the ending you have to commit to it and the feeling of finality it brings both to the story and your experience playing the game is huge.

I think I'd love the ending if a) it was broader and was also shown as a salvation to Pascal who at this point is the one character I would've been fully willing to sacrifice my save for and b) the true ending was actually not shown to you unless you give up your saves, making the incentive to do it much higher as a final climax when you feel you're through with the game.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Game's good and runs fine, a few framerate hiccups here and there, but twice now (in seven hours) the video end has frozen up while the sound/game continues in the background and I had to restart. (The first time was on a save point so that wasn't to bad.) Annoying.

I kinda remember Rising doing this too and that's why I played it in windowed, tho.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Finding Emil's house and seeing the floor covered in dead player bodies made me bust out laughing.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Well, as seems to be tradition, I just finished Route A and I'm now posting about it. Glad to see Yoko Taro's keeping his habit of Ending A being "A Winner Is You", I'm assuming Ending B is "Here's What Really Happened" and all the non-joke endings begin varieties of Deep Suffering, yes?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

So this quest that requires 95% unit data is a pretty big troll huh

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Well, as seems to be tradition, I just finished Route A and I'm now posting about it. Glad to see Yoko Taro's keeping his habit of Ending A being "A Winner Is You", I'm assuming Ending B is "Here's What Really Happened" and all the non-joke endings begin varieties of Deep Suffering, yes?

Pretty much.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Ending B actually made me laugh when everyone on the Bunker congratulates you and is like "Wow guess we beat the machines!" Nice try, Taro I know you better than that

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Just started C.

Well played.

Does it matter if I keep playing 2A segments rather than going back to 9S?

I knew who I'd be playing in C, but I still wasn't expecting that intro. Goddrat. :stare:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Fuzz posted:

Just started C.

Well played.

I knew who I'd be playing in C, but I still wasn't expecting that intro. Goddrat. :stare:

Nope. Go with whatever.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Fuzz posted:

Just started C.

Well played.

When you run out of one character's segments it just defaults to the other

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Just started C.

Well played.

Nah, the order you pick doesn't matter. You'll have to play all the segments eventually.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:eyepop: so this game is related to drakengard 3, if at least tenuously through the weapon vendor dude.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: so this game is related to drakengard 3, if at least tenuously through the weapon vendor dude.

I really hope Accord appears in person in a DLC at least

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
About 20 minutes into the intro mission so far. One gripe - I really hope once you get into the main game the camera doesn't keep switching into fixed perspectives constantly like in the intro so far.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Anyone know good spots to farm for large gears and memory alloys? I was the spot in desert housing which got most of the high end materials but didn't drop any alloys and only very few gears.

e; I just need 4 memory alloys and a pristine screw actually, no gears. So apparently I've been picking them up but I dunno where.

double e; traveling merchant sells them and other high end mats when he's near the resistance camp :negative: I'd even bought stuff from him there before, I guess I forgot

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 18, 2017

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

About 20 minutes into the intro mission so far. One gripe - I really hope once you get into the main game the camera doesn't keep switching into fixed perspectives constantly like in the intro so far.

It does and its very good and cool, actually.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

So this quest that requires 95% unit data is a pretty big troll huh

Yeah it's terrible, there's really no need at all to do it besides spergin though

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mazerunner posted:

It's one of my favorite parts as it really helps set some "arriving in an area for the first time" perfectly

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Btw I love being able to buy trophies with G so much.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So apparently there are people getting super mad that this is, and I quote "A bad port" and I'm just laughing my rear end off at that one because there doesn't seem to be anything really bad about it? Like, even among the other ports people have been complaining about all year, this is probably like the best of the best I've played.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, Project Gestalt logs 1-3 literally tie it all together and summarize how Drakengaard ties in the plot of Nier inasmuch as the Silmarillion summarizes the other 4 books.

You misunderstand. I mean stuff like why Eve has a Cult of the Watchers symbol on his body and why the Terminals are copying Manah

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Nuebot posted:

So apparently there are people getting super mad that this is, and I quote "A bad port" and I'm just laughing my rear end off at that one because there doesn't seem to be anything really bad about it? Like, even among the other ports people have been complaining about all year, this is probably like the best of the best I've played.

It wasn't perfect at the very outset so it's garbage.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
I dunno, it has crashed 2 times already on me requiring a ctrl-alt-delete end task, the graphics look poor for my hardware, and it requires a third party option to get windowed fullscreen because fullscreen seems broken. Game owns though.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Nuebot posted:

Eh I think its fair to be upset since some of the bugs seem like things that should have never got passed QA. I mean that Borderless Gaming app on GitHub fixed the worst thing. Cutscenes are kinda BS with the limitations. Annoying but not life shattering.

But nothing will ever be as bad as the Red Faction: Guerrilla port to PC.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

buglord posted:

Eh I think its fair to be upset since some of the bugs seem like things that should have never got passed QA. I mean that Borderless Gaming app on GitHub fixed the worst thing. Cutscenes are kinda BS with the limitations. Annoying but not life shattering.

But nothing will ever be as bad as the Red Faction: Guerrilla port to PC.

No, it's not perfect and it's hard to get a game that works perfectly on 100% of PC set ups. Even non-port games fail at that often. But the game is fine, as a port it's fine especially.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I guess my current theory is that all the Drakengard stuff is just coincidental manifestation of the human information about the events surrounding the Queen and White Chlorination Syndrome that was integrated in the machine network as a part of human data in general. Not as exciting as it could be but I can accept it.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Mazerunner posted:

Dang :( Maybe I'll get used to it, otherwise it seems like a cool game. I basically just got to the part where you can save and took a break. My controller felt janky, like sometimes my character would just revert to walking slow and I'd have to stop and hit the analog stick again to start running again. Probably just need to calibrate it in ds4 windows or something though

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

This desert is pretty big.

Is there another pod to find here, or like are those plot items? Because I'm just scouring every inch of this place and it's easy to get lost. I found that oasis though and these locked chests are getting on my nerves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rhonne posted:

Finding Emil's house and seeing the floor covered in dead player bodies made me bust out laughing.

My favorite thing about your spoiler is I heard there was a bonus boss and had no idea who it is or if it would be canon. Like would Nier pop up "hi i am here for SURPRISE BOSS!!"

Soon as you find Emil's house and it's just a corpsefield you kinda get your answer in a instant :v: