Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Is YouTube working for anyone on their PS4? Mine just sits at a black screen for every video showing 0:00 of 0:00...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is there huge difference b/t PS4 controller w/bluetooth dongle vs wired to PC? I just have too many wires out around my PC now. I'll be relying on a standard bluetooth dongle and Better DS4 for firmware.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Anyone know how Digimon World: Next Order compare to the original PS1 game?

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Do any of you play ark? I play on a 100 player server and want to transfer to a 70 player server but only 100 player ones show up. Am I doomed to 100 player servers unless I make a new character?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally got my Platinum headset, despite pre-ordering from Amazon on day 1. It's a step up from the Golds, sound quality and location detection are better and build quality is nice, but it's not a huge enough upgrade to recommend it unless your Golds are disintegrating like mine were.

The improvements really help in audio-dependent games like RS Siege. And UC4 "3d sound" was cool, but not mindblowingly different than regular/virtual surround. I had to check the audio options to see if it was even on.

And I should note that I had to max out the headband size to make it fit, which I didn't have to do on the Golds. So if you also have a freakishly large melon, beware.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kin posted:

I've just started playing The Last Guardian and i remember a lot of complaints from people about it being bad because they coudln't get Trico to do what they wanted. Did they just not play that far into the game or has it been patched or something because so far it's been fairly intuitive and about right if you don't expect your beastly companion to instantly do something the moment you push the button.

Like there's a clear pattern of it looking at what you want it to do, pondering for a few seconds and then doing it.

Also, the game is pretty great so far and really nails the same vibe as Ico.

Many of the reviews were done by legit imbeciles.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can someone help me out in Last Guardian? It's fairly hard to google a walk through for certain parts:

trico is seriously injured after a fight with the bad guardian and now he needs barrels. I've found 3, the one in the cart and the 2 behind the destructible debris up the chain. Where is the next place to look? I've tried out the hallway and to the broken bridge but can't find anything

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sorry man, that's a hard one to remember :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can someone help me out in Last Guardian? It's fairly hard to google a walk through for certain parts:

trico is seriously injured after a fight with the bad guardian and now he needs barrels. I've found 3, the one in the cart and the 2 behind the destructible debris up the chain. Where is the next place to look? I've tried out the hallway and to the broken bridge but can't find anything

There should have been 2 in the cart. Maybe it rolled under him? Did you make sure you pulled all the spears?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

veni veni veni posted:

There should have been 2 in the cart. Maybe it rolled under him? Did you make sure you pulled all the spears?

This. However you should know there is a risk of barrels simply disappearing or clipping out of the playing area. It happened to me once when Trico tried eating it and instead pushed it through the floor :v:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SweetBro posted:

Anyone know how Digimon World: Next Order compare to the original PS1 game?

Wait, is it a remake or a sequel?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wait, is it a remake or a sequel?

It seems to be one of those sequels that tries to be in the spirit of the original. Like for example the core gameplay loop involves this roguelike progress system where you have a limited timeframe to advance through the game as your digimon digivolves based on it's stats and eventually dies over the period of 20 days, at which point it's returns as as an egg, and you've gotta retrain/evolve it all over again until it's powerful enough to progress through the game's areas.

Information online is relatively sparce so I was hoping someone here who played it would be able to say more.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Ah poo poo, I did this bit like 4 times cos I kept falling off the bridge. I'll have a look, thanks!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

SweetBro posted:

It seems to be one of those sequels that tries to be in the spirit of the original. Like for example the core gameplay loop involves this roguelike progress system where you have a limited timeframe to advance through the game as your digimon digivolves based on it's stats and eventually dies over the period of 20 days, at which point it's returns as as an egg, and you've gotta retrain/evolve it all over again until it's powerful enough to progress through the game's areas.

Information online is relatively sparce so I was hoping someone here who played it would be able to say more.

I have this game and so far its pretty fun but I've been roadblocked a few times by my Digimon dying just as I'm due to enter a new area, the worst was when my Ultimate level Taomon dropped dead before a boss fight and my second dude a Meramon wasn't up to the task, so I had to run back to Floatia town to level the new guy up.

Luckily during training Meramon digivolved into BlueMeramon, having 2 partners at all times is not bad at all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why did Mercenary Kings suddenly come out on the Japanese PSN? It was kind of a piece of poo poo when I played it on the PC long ago, is it any better now?

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why did Mercenary Kings suddenly come out on the Japanese PSN? It was kind of a piece of poo poo when I played it on the PC long ago, is it any better now?

It is still grindy. I played a few rounds of the first level trying to get some animal pieces and got bored.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I really loved Mercenary Kings when it came out, but I had people to play it with. It's a good couch coop game, not a good single player game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I believe you need to go to the broken bridge and find a dark hallway on the left. In that room through one of the holes in the floor there should be another barrel. You need to throw it up the steps in 3 moves or so.

I think that's where you are?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Beastie posted:

I believe you need to go to the broken bridge and find a dark hallway on the left. In that room through one of the holes in the floor there should be another barrel. You need to throw it up the steps in 3 moves or so.

I think that's where you are?

That's before the chapter he's in. You end up in the same place later.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Well poo poo. I guess the best bet would be to post a pic. It's hard to describe the situations in this game.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I know exactly where that is but it's hard to remember the specific solution. I was able to check a walkthrough though: You should find 2 barrels up the chain, and 2 in the mine carts. Try zapping the mine carts to stir things up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I got stuck in a spot and in last Guardian and had to look it up, I was doing the right think, but Trico wouldn't listen and after 10 minutes I got pissed and FAQed to see if Trico just sucked or if I was not supposed to go to this obvious ledge.

That game is legit the hardest thing to look up a faq for. Google Last guardian stuck castle bridge trico doesn't listen. I eventually found a picture walkthrough and more or less just scrolled from the start until I found the spot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Some were wondering about the PS+ free games this month:

Little Big Planet 3 (PS4)
Not A Hero (PS4)
Starwhal (PS4, PS3)
Anna: Extended Edition (PS3)
Ninja Senki DX (PS4, Vita)
TorqueL (PS4, Vita)

Lobok fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 1, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lobok posted:

Little Big Planet 3 (PS4)
Not A Hero (PS4)
Starwhal (PS3)
Anna: Extended Edition (PS3)
Ninja Senki DX (Vita)
TorqueL (Vita)

:stare:

Also why not Starwhal on PS4 :argh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Everything except Anna is cross buy. Most of them I've never heard of, any good ones?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

haveblue posted:

Everything except Anna is cross buy

Edited my post to include PS4 where applicable.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

gently caress yea LBP 3! Never got to play it and I know my girlfriend will love playing that.

TLG: I found Polygon's walkthrough to be pretty good. They did a decent job of naming what could be described as "set-pieces."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lbp3 is an ok game. I got through most of the campaign. Its not great but decent

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
LBP was once enshrined in glorious plastic and that's all anyone cares about.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy moley the fourth barrel was in the cart

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Finally! A game I didn't buy! LBP3!

Something to play with my 4 year old until Lego Worlds hits.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ninja Senki DX is really fun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

gently caress yea LBP 3! Never got to play it and I know my girlfriend will love playing that.

TLG: I found Polygon's walkthrough to be pretty good. They did a decent job of naming what could be described as "set-pieces."

I used that one for the two times I needed to and it was really good. Especially for the buggy part everyone gets stuck on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the thing about the game is that even scripted stuff happens in engine so results can vary. It's usually actually a really cool thing IMO but it can make for quirky hard to answer ways to get stuck.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I had a question about 'cross buy' games for PS+. Is it possible to claim the cross buy games if I only have a PS4, or do you have to own a Vita/PS3 to be able to claim them and play on PS4?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Overdrift posted:

I had a question about 'cross buy' games for PS+. Is it possible to claim the cross buy games if I only have a PS4, or do you have to own a Vita/PS3 to be able to claim them and play on PS4?

You can claim anything you want, even if you don't have the system. I've claimed a few PS3 games and I still don't have a PS3. One day...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

You can claim anything you want, even if you don't have the system. I've claimed a few PS3 games and I still don't have a PS3. One day...

Gamestop was just (might still) selling all their ps3s for like $40, probably the time to get one before its only ebay as an option.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Just be prepared for the hell that is download speed on a PS3.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, sorry, I was just about to tell you to climb it. Glad everything worked out.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
LBP3 is full retail so that's neat. Not A Hero is a really fun little indie game though, I recommend it. It's not Nuclear Throne or BoI but it's 2-3 nights of silly fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I use my Bad PS+ Month Card. One use only now it's gone I won't do it again.