Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

eSporks posted:

I'm space poor, and every-time I try to solo nullsec I get killed. How do I do this?

Can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

If I'm running around doing anoms solo, is it better to jump from a few places to try to find an inquis/scout or should I more focus on killing waves as they spawn in one place and hope to spawn the inquisitor? I see things about how to up your chances of spawning it etc.

I also have a bunch of datacores now from doing those, for a new player would it be recommended more to keep them for later or sell? I have all these starship ones that are worth more than my ships but not sure what to do with them for now.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

obithrawn posted:

If I'm running around doing anoms solo, is it better to jump from a few places to try to find an inquis/scout or should I more focus on killing waves as they spawn in one place and hope to spawn the inquisitor? I see things about how to up your chances of spawning it etc.

I also have a bunch of datacores now from doing those, for a new player would it be recommended more to keep them for later or sell? I have all these starship ones that are worth more than my ships but not sure what to do with them for now.

I usually jump around high level bases from map-bot for a bit to see if I get lucky before picking a place to farm. Sell the cores to Cetan once you join.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Kaysette posted:

I usually jump around high level bases from map-bot for a bit to see if I get lucky before picking a place to farm.

I do this as well. Usually I plot a route from alikara to my favorite spot(s) and pick up some bonus scout/inquis anoms. This is less effective now, but you can still get lucky.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Is high sec anom farming generally better than high sec missions?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

drat Dirty Ape posted:

A little. Missions don't pay out much until they're in lowsec. And they have a lot of travel time. But, once you can get T7 missions (or story missions) and get elite opponents, their gear sells for enough to make it worthwhile.

However, you'll make more in nullsec doing low level anomalies. Go do that as soon as you can. It's not hard to find unpopulated systems.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

drat Dirty Ape posted:

No

Missions can give good payouts depending which one and can lead to storyline which you can run or sell on the market.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

drat Dirty Ape posted:

High sec anomalies got discovered by pubbies and there may have been a nerf to them on top of that so they’re not great anymore. If I was a new player I’d laser fit a coercer II or coercer navy issue and head out into null space and grind out anomalies in a base 1 or base 2 system to try and trigger scouts or inquis to spawn. If you’re not new I’d do the same but for lvl 4 bases.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Farming encounters for storyline books is pretty lucrative but also very RNG dependant as you can go days without any rare encounters

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Do both.

Rack up the common story encounters, then every once in a while refresh the news feed to see if any rare ones you need show up.

I just sold about $150 mil worth of T8 storybooks this week. It's crazy.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Do both.

Rack up the common story encounters, then every once in a while refresh the news feed to see if any rare ones you need show up.

I just sold about $150 mil worth of T8 storybooks this week. It's crazy.

I think the big thing is there’s several ways to make hundreds of millions fairly easily, so choose what you enjoy because it’s a game and you should be having fun while playing it.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

jazz has stepped down as CEO. do we need a new thread?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Probably not

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Radio Free Kobold posted:

no, because he just stepped down and didn't throw a toddler-worthy open-mouthed-crying shitfit

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Remora posted:

no, because he just stepped down and didn't throw a toddler-worthy open-mouthed-crying shitfit

there’s still time

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Lol.

Sivias
Dec 12, 2006

I think we can just sit around and just talk about our feelings.

Witness me!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I think you're in the wrong thread, 2L bottle eve is over here --> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866278

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Sivias posted:

Witness me!

In-honking-credible :five:

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Slaan posted:

In-honking-credible :five:

I think you meant to reply :mediocre:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sivias posted:

Witness me!
:perfect:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Sivias posted:

Witness me!

:eyepop:

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Is Jazz leaving us because there is nothing in the wallet to steal and hes tired of waiting around?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
That's it. I'm tired of this subterfuge. I'm going to W-U and you can't loving stop me.

Edit: ...Please no one go to W-U. There's nothing there.
I'm sorry Khris

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 15, 2020

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

It's because we've refused to tell him the terrible secret of W-UQA5, which we don't talk about.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I will never reveal the W-U secret

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Alright, fess up. Which one of you is that?

Sivias
Dec 12, 2006

I think we can just sit around and just talk about our feelings.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I think you meant to reply :mediocre:

This is correct...

As for goosefleet - you guys have been so helpful, generous, and cordial.
Thank you for making such a welcoming environment, protecting me while I plink away at space rocks, and having a honkin' good time.

:honk:

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

andrew owns and i assume his internet spaceship book also owns (but i dont know yet, I bought it 4 years ago and never read)

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Just a normal day in toilet eve

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

literally nothing going on this week. Like no drama.

however this occured

Einarr Saltyman
Oct 4, 2020

I clicked on the ads and it brought me here

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Einarr Saltyman posted:

After the war sign up for free ships and poo poo. In the meantime start raising tech levels and learning how to sit on the toilet for a long time without your legs falling asleep.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Einarr Saltyman posted:

Hi.

:honk:

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Einarr Saltyman posted:

Did you make a new account after clicking the ad?

Einarr Saltyman
Oct 4, 2020

Virigoth posted:

After the war sign up for free ships and poo poo. In the meantime start raising tech levels and learning how to sit on the toilet for a long time without your legs falling asleep.

Actually, I've been playing the game. But yeah, I'm still a newbie trying to learn the game.

Hi there.
Those :honk: sounds familiar.

Snail Information posted:

Did you make a new account after clicking the ad?

No, I already had one prior to it.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Einarr Saltyman posted:

Actually, I've been playing the game. But yeah, I'm still a newbie trying to learn the game.

Hi there.
Those :honk: sounds familiar.

No, I already had one prior to it.

Make sure to put an introduction post in FYAD and remember to always sign your posts.

-MadMadi

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

MadMadi posted:

Make sure to put an introduction post in FYAD and remember to always sign your posts.

-MadMadi

This one ^. Once you've done your intro post, please link it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

CubicalSucrose posted:

This one ^. Once you've done your intro post, please link it here.

Hey sorry I was meeting afk when you came to rat yesterday and forgot to give deputy out to others.