Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

RME posted:

I just play classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Heaven is a classic mode.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah I assume they mean classic normal.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

oh i play classic unfair. i was just saying i play classic mode

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
While the UI would be a nightmare, a Modifier mode where you're required to take at least 10 points of blessings and 10 points of curses (on normal, increasing blessing count for easier difficulties and curse count for harder ones) would be neat!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I wish for choose a party raid. 9 housecats and the most hosed up thing you’ve seen in your life on a road trip through hell.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Two items is too restrictive. Items are a really big part of what makes this game fun for me.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Well, got over 500 multiple times on hyperblursed.

Also some curses are just waaaaaaay worse than others, and having the option every 100 levels to spend your 10 blessing points to nix one curse would make it way less rng.

As is, it can real gets to be samey, since so many curses seal away large sections of the possiblity space, which means that (for instance) putting any investment at all into spells is pretty pointless (since you will lose the ability to cast them and the ability to generate mana inevitably).

Making enemies blow up with stacks and stacks of bones is the least unreliable option, in that the things thst kill it (death shield and spider soul) kill any other build as well.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I just have to say, if there are any aspiring game devs in the thread, that the way slice and dice handles informational pop-up windows is leagues more accessible than other examples I've seen. I mostly play video games with voice control and eye tracking, so the standard method of hovering over and having a window Open to the side of it only whilst hovering is really annoying and causes friction for me. I love being able to click and just have the information stick there until I click off of it

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I still play classic hard difficulty. I am pretty consistent with the basic party but if I try anything else it's a complete crap shoot. Not really sure why, I feel I can't really even blame greens. I either end up with not enough killing power or parties just die on the end boss. I think a lot of the problem is probably my item picks though.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m having trouble understanding when Cleanse kicks in. If someone’s about to poison you and you put Cleanse on the target, the poison damage never happens. But if someone is about to weaken you, Cleanse doesn’t work the same way — you still get hit by weaken. I thought Cleanse was purely curative but the preventative way it works with poison is very confusing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Vegetable posted:

I’m having trouble understanding when Cleanse kicks in. If someone’s about to poison you and you put Cleanse on the target, the poison damage never happens. But if someone is about to weaken you, Cleanse doesn’t work the same way — you still get hit by weaken. I thought Cleanse was purely curative but the preventative way it works with poison is very confusing.

Does it not prevent weaken? I could've sworn it did. Are you sure you weren't getting multiple stacks of it at once?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Vegetable posted:

I am like 99% sure it always both pre- and post- application. Including for weaken, and petrify, and whatever else. I advise testing again (and am very open to being wrong but I really don't think I am)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Post a paste so we can test it out too.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I was pretty sure but I could totally be wrong. I’ll check again.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It prioritizes this-turn effexts over next-turn effects

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
It's also possible your cleanse pips aren't enough to override the weaken pips. If you have a incoming 4 pip weaken from a Wizz and you only have a 2 pip cleanse it'll still land, but only weaken you for 2 pips. If you have a 1 pip weaken and a 1 pip cleanse it'll buff it right out.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Just encountered 5x Bramble as the final boss in Dream Normal.

I did not win. Holy poo poo.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

RoboCicero posted:

It's also possible your cleanse pips aren't enough to override the weaken pips. If you have a incoming 4 pip weaken from a Wizz and you only have a 2 pip cleanse it'll still land, but only weaken you for 2 pips. If you have a 1 pip weaken and a 1 pip cleanse it'll buff it right out.

I know this throws me every time. Normally debuffs/status effects are small and so most cleanse sides clear them right up, but bosses have crazy things like -5 weaken. Orange and blue heroes are at the top and bottom and most likely to be targeted by those bosses, and those heroes rarely have sides with pips greater than three.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Man this has to be one of the best Blurtra starts I've ever had; those first 2 blessings seem crazy undercosted (and no, Basalt Spirit doesn't get dispelled by the Dispel sides)

goferchan fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 16, 2024

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

goferchan posted:

Man this has to be one of the best Blurtra starts I've ever had; those first 2 blessings seem crazy undercosted (and no, Basalt Spirit doesn't get dispelled by the Dispel sides)

Hero dispel can be a bit of a mixed blessing since it means shielding or healing your heroes will remove their abilities too (anything in the bottom right corner of their card, like blue heroes' spells and green heroes' tactics, but not anything added by items). It can also interfere when you're trying to leverage some enemy abilities, like bones exploding, goblins fleeing, etc.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Grabbed this on PC the other day and having a blast so far, so I decided to get the iOS version on my iPhone 6. Unfortunately the app crashes to the home screen on the load screen. I’m on iOS version 12.5.7. Anyone have any insight?

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Wafflecopper posted:

Grabbed this on PC the other day and having a blast so far, so I decided to get the iOS version on my iPhone 6. Unfortunately the app crashes to the home screen on the load screen. I’m on iOS version 12.5.7. Anyone have any insight?

This is maybe unhelpful, but your phone is not new. The current iOS is version 17.5 and I suspect Tann just didn't have the ability to test your hardware/software combination. I have no idea how thorough iOS's devkit may be, so it's possible they can do some amount of virtual testing.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

As a mobile developer, you have access to the current version (iOS 17) and the previous version (iOS 16) for testing, generally. I don't think earlier simulators are readily available.

I could be wrong, of course.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Nightmare Dream is a thing that seems like it ought to be fun, but half the time you just get an absolutely asinine encounter, like "8 4xSnakes"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Quackles posted:

As a mobile developer, you have access to the current version (iOS 17) and the previous version (iOS 16) for testing, generally. I don't think earlier simulators are readily available.

I could be wrong, of course.

You can go back to at least 14 on the current XCode, I believe. I’m running a 15 simulator to try and figure something out for the Awful app.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
God I hate the Meddler so much. Sooo much. I just lost another run thanks to surprise bones. Game's still great, though.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I turned on random choices and got a Blursed run I'll be chasing the rush from forever. I started with a blessing that gave all heroes Hoard on the two left sides. They got +1 for each unequipped item in the inventory. I eventually got more blessings that gave me random items that I never even looked at, and I was starting with +10 to the left sides.

What killed me was the curse that didn't let me roll more than three dice, and the Pip Pain curse where dice with three pips have pain. It counts before any bonuses, so many left sides were 20+ damage and pain. At level 220, I rolled crappy sides that I had to lock in, and didn't roll anything good on the other three dice. Two turns of this and I was dead.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

LifeLynx posted:

I turned on random choices and got a Blursed run I'll be chasing the rush from forever

What does this mean? Is there an option for randomizing the game mode? As somebody who already does this with a d20, I'm very interested in more built in randomness.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Farquar posted:

What does this mean? Is there an option for randomizing the game mode? As somebody who already does this with a d20, I'm very interested in more built in randomness.

There's options such as 5% chance at a randomly generated hero to appear, or 5% for a random monster, item, etc. There's another checkbox to turn the 5% into 20%. You get some wild blessing choices that way. I clicked to unlock everything, so if you're unlocking as progression then you might not see these options.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh that is a VERY nice one-pointer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Got this side, proceeded to the next fight, failed to roll it for 4 turns in a row and died