Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Garfu posted:

I bought cvna weekly puts this morning lol

Such a weird story, definitely looked like they were done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ARTPUP posted:

Apple (AAPL)?

No the other one

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Baddog posted:

Such a weird story, definitely looked like they were done.

Sold just now for +200% but all that ended up doing was reclaiming the exact amount I lost on AMZN earnings calls last week lol.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So I bought ~50 shares of RSX with a cost basis just above $6, back before it became obvious this whole Russia thing was a prelude to WW3 and now I can't sell it but they still send me info on it. As a refresher the price collapsed from ~$32 down to $5.50 when they invaded Ukraine

Just got the prospectus, 2023 had a 296% ROI :eyepop:

Also it paid out a 2023 dividend somewhere north of 1%, apparently

trizzNPH
Feb 17, 2022

heavenly piercing toke'n smoke'n
giving SoFi online banking a shot, wanting to move from Chime (I know... I know...). Reasons for the move obviously irrelevant for this thread, but noticed it has a somewhat thorough looking investment feature as well. been interested in filtering my cash back rewards from my cards into a starter investing account, and this is a v convenient option for me potentially. does anyone here use SoFi for casual trading? Any things to note?

Also, any good reccs on YouTube content that covers a lot of the basics of personal investments coming from a start from zero kinda angle? I know there's gonna be no magic bullet 'watch this and you'll become rich' video series, but I've always been daunted by all this and had really poor financial education growing up, need to do some catch up and learn how to create some kind of passive income stream.

trizzNPH fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 13, 2024

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

trizzNPH posted:

giving SoFi online banking a shot, wanting to move from Chime (I know... I know...). Reasons for the move obviously irrelevant for this thread, but noticed it has a somewhat thorough looking investment feature as well. been interested in filtering my cash back rewards from my cards into a starter investing account, and this is a v convenient option for me potentially. does anyone here use SoFi for casual trading? Any things to note?

Also, any good reccs on YouTube content that covers a lot of the basics of personal investments coming from a start from zero kinda angle? I know there's gonna be no magic bullet 'watch this and you'll become rich' video series, but I've always been daunted by all this and had really poor financial education growing up, need to do some catch up and learn how to create some kind of passive income stream.

Why are you using chime or SoFi for this stuff instead of more mainstream options that cater to the traditional investing crowd? Instead sofi is going to be starter-bank-account services with an investing add-on. You could also give Vanguard or Schwab a try. Or if you’re just messing around with small fun money, there’s nothing very wrong with Robinhood.

It also depends if you’re investing conservatively for retirement, or for fun. For real long term investing, index funds are your best bet, I have virtually all of mine in Target Date funds or a SP500 equivalent, but I’m not close to retirement age. Vanguard, Schwab etc. will all have cheap target date and index funds.

Also, virtually no casual investing will involve a consistent stream of “passive” income. The only way I’ve seen that happen is if you have a very large ($50k+) amount of capital that you just plop into an index fund and do nothing with. But you could also lose a lot if it’s not long term goals, and the market takes a downturn for a couple years.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 13, 2024

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

trizzNPH posted:

I use SoFi for banking so I have a few holdings in the brokerage side. It's pretty basic and has a social feature that shows when other people buy/sell a security but it's completely stupid. Why do I care that "John R." bought $F at $11.50

It's fine as far as clearing time, the mobile interface is decent and you can buy fractional shares/dollar amount if you want. You can also directly redeem rewards points for dollars in your brokerage account. I wouldn't use it for my IRA or serious investing but it's fine for what it is, a way to quickly and easily buy securities within their ecosystem.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Syrinxx posted:

a social feature that shows when other people buy/sell a security but it's completely stupid. Why do I care that "John R." bought $F at $11.50

You should actively not want that as it will involve extremely non beneficial parts of your brain in the process.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Syrinxx posted:

Why do I care that "John R." bought $F at $11.50

Need a broker that lets you join groups that list this stuff so we can have a goon group and see what everyone is buying. That'd be fun. General public not so much, I barely find Tasty Trade's orders that they share each day. I mean sometimes it gets a new ticker on my radar but mostly I laugh at how terrible Tom is at shorting memes with short calls. (He seems pretty okay at earnings)

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

pixaal posted:

Need a broker that lets you join groups that list this stuff so we can have a goon group and see what everyone is buying. That'd be fun. General public not so much, I barely find Tasty Trade's orders that they share each day. I mean sometimes it gets a new ticker on my radar but mostly I laugh at how terrible Tom is at shorting memes with short calls. (He seems pretty okay at earnings)

I strongly advise against making investment decisions based on degen poo poo some other goon is doing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

saintonan posted:

I strongly advise against making investment decisions based on degen poo poo some other goon is doing.

I am that degen poo poo

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Inner Light posted:

Also, virtually no casual investing will involve a consistent stream of “passive” income. The only way I’ve seen that happen is if you have a very large ($50k+) amount of capital that you just plop into an index fund and do nothing with. But you could also lose a lot if it’s not long term goals, and the market takes a downturn for a couple years.

A $50k investment isnt going to give you a useful amount of income. Right now it would get you about $700/year invested in VTSAX. Even $1m invested is only $13.4k/year.

Really, passive income is not necessarily a good goal for investing. Most people have only ever had wage income, so in their minds, being able to replace the income from working with income from investments means they can work less, spend more, or some day retire. But chasing income means you may miss out on growth, or you may be gaining wealth in a tax inefficient way.

VTSAX is a great investment, but not because of the level of income it will afford you.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

drk posted:

A $50k investment isnt going to give you a useful amount of income. Right now it would get you about $700/year invested in VTSAX. Even $1m invested is only $13.4k/year.

Really, passive income is not necessarily a good goal for investing. Most people have only ever had wage income, so in their minds, being able to replace the income from working with income from investments means they can work less, spend more, or some day retire. But chasing income means you may miss out on growth, or you may be gaining wealth in a tax inefficient way.

VTSAX is a great investment, but not because of the level of income it will afford you.

SGOV is paying 5% a year with monthly payments and it's based on Treasury note value it's not going to blow up in your face. that 50k is making $2,500/year which is useful it's not retirement but that should cover like your booze or weed or something.
SGOV is like not where most of your money should be but it's where it should be over a bank account.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
That kinda makes my point though, if one were to chose to invest in SGOV over VTSAX to maximize their current income, they would be leaving a huge potential for growth on the table.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 15 shares of Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE) @$10.08 last week, and 213 shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) @$3.10.

Looks like Roaring Kitty's back. GameStop (GME) stock jumped on his first post. Maybe he's setting up a hedge fund or a subscription service? I don't know what his plans are but I don't think it involves GameStop again... why taunt the SEC?

trizzNPH
Feb 17, 2022

drk posted:

so what is a good mindset/goal for investing, I suppose is my new question? i'm salaried just kinda getting my footing in more complicated finances like this later than id like to admit (27 yrs old). not in a position to lump any significant capital anywhere investment wise right now, but do have interest in getting to grips with fundamentals of the process and how to better think of this stuff cause right now it feels lightyears away from me in terms of understanding

financially whats important to me is knowing that my money doesn't just live in a poo poo bank account doing nothing/losing value. that's actually at least a bit of why I'm giving SoFi a try, the 4.6% on the savings account plus the built in ability to compartmentalize your savings into labelled vaults with goals set for them is a very good thing for my financial interests. but again, a bit beside the point there. another goon asked above why i'm using sofi for this and it's really just a matter of convenience and exploration with it. I could use robinhood, sure, but i've heard nothing but bad things about it from the outside looking in and it doesn't seem any more richly featured than what SoFi has available for me. you have etfs, mutual funds, can trade options... can't really think of what else i need from a platform currently, so why not pick one im already going to be within the ecosystem of? im sure ill run into things later on that would pique my interest in more versatile/mature platforms but i guess i just haven't felt that serious about it yet.

trizzNPH fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 13, 2024

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Check out the Long Term Investing thread. They have the actual good advice on investing in your future. This thread is mostly degenerate gambling and commentary on novel investing instruments.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

trizzNPH posted:

so what is a good mindset/goal for investing, I suppose is my new question? i'm salaried just kinda getting my footing in more complicated finances like this later than id like to admit (27 yrs old). not in a position to lump any significant capital anywhere investment wise right now, but do have interest in getting to grips with fundamentals of the process and how to better think of this stuff cause right now it feels lightyears away from me in terms of understanding

Best place to start is just dumping anything you don't need to touch for 10+ years into VTI (ETF version of that VTSAX mutual fund, it's identical but you can move in and out quicker, both are managed by Vanguard and total market funds). Basically they buy and sell stocks with your money in a ratio that matches the market and you profit.

For anything you need soon currently SGOV is the goon favorite to park money, it's 0-3 month Treasury bills. That is it buys 3 month treasury bills from the US Government and collects the payments and you get them! SGOV should be basically impossible to end up with less than you started with unless you really try by timing some gap same day, or panic on the divex date (the day you get counted as a holder and the stock goes down the value of the dividend) you get paid this about a week later as cash.

That's the best place to start long the market with a cash sweep of some kind setup. At some point Tbills wont pay as much and SGOV wont be losing money but it wont really be making any either and it will be time to move on. VTI being a just play the market will likely never need to be changed.

trizzNPH
Feb 17, 2022

Sokani posted:

Check out the Long Term Investing thread. They have the actual good advice on investing in your future. This thread is mostly degenerate gambling and commentary on novel investing instruments.

Ah thank you, my apologies i didn't realize that was the specific topic here and that there was a better thread for the question

more fitting for here, should i put all of my savings into microsoft stock on the hopes that they end up purchasing TikTok lolol

Baddog
May 12, 2001

trizzNPH posted:

27 isn't that late, most of us prolly didn't save that much in our early 20s. Personally I got wiped out by the dotcom crash and started again from nearly zero at your age, heh.

The long term investing thread might be better for you to get a mindset of what you're doing and why, timeframes, expectations, etc.

Making individual stock picks like we do here is much riskier for *probably* little to no gain over just putting your money into an index fund. And you should always be maxing out your tax advantaged accounts first.

There's a flowchart in the OP here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2892928&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

trizzNPH posted:

Ah thank you, my apologies i didn't realize that was the specific topic here and that there was a better thread for the question

more fitting for here, should i put all of my savings into microsoft stock on the hopes that they end up purchasing TikTok lolol

People post like that, the ones making money on this stuff are talking about shorting vol and strangles to profit from movements in implied volatility of single named stocks.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
It looks like GME is doing stupid poo poo again?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Looks like pump and dump. I put a bunch on NVAX on Friday due to Sanofi partnership 500 million up front payment

E: I also have a lot of AGBA at 1 due to upcoming merger, suspect it will be a similar situation to SPRT from a few years back. May be overextended now

cirus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 13, 2024

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

trizzNPH posted:

Yeah, check out the long term investments/retirement thread to get yourself set up. This thread is for fun money/gambling.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

saintonan posted:

Excuse me sir, as somebody who has lost 92% on $NDRA I resent this comment

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I made a profit on NDRA, did I take your money? I'm sorry. I was trying to take reddit money.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

trizzNPH posted:

financially whats important to me is knowing that my money doesn't just live in a poo poo bank account doing nothing/losing value. that's actually at least a bit of why I'm giving SoFi a try, the 4.6% on the savings account plus the built in ability to compartmentalize your savings into labelled vaults with goals set for them is a very good thing for my financial interests. but again, a bit beside the point there. another goon asked above why i'm using sofi for this and it's really just a matter of convenience and exploration with it. I could use robinhood, sure, but i've heard nothing but bad things about it from the outside looking in and it doesn't seem any more richly featured than what SoFi has available for me. you have etfs, mutual funds, can trade options... can't really think of what else i need from a platform currently, so why not pick one im already going to be within the ecosystem of? im sure ill run into things later on that would pique my interest in more versatile/mature platforms but i guess i just haven't felt that serious about it yet.

I’ve always tried to split my investing 50/50 between short term and long term efforts and focus on achieving some level of financial freedom by my mid 40s so I can work flexibly and sporadically between 45-65. Major short term milestones in my late 20s/early 30s were saving for a six figure house down payment in a HCOL city and then paying off my mortgage in ~9 years even though it’s favoring peace of mind over interest return optimization. My major long term milestone is getting my pre and post tax retirement to exceed $1M prior to 40 so it’s got 25 years for healthy growth even if I’m not contributing anything to it some years. I’d highly suggest making a simple spreadsheet for yourself so you can see how your various investment efforts (high yield savings, bonds, stock, 401k, ROTH etc) grow and align with your future age and goals.

This thread is really only for gambling purposes, as others have stated.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Managed to buy a bunch of TUP when it was about $1. Hoping this repeats crazy run a few years back that I made money on but jumped out before it got really good.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Excuse me sir, as somebody who has lost 92% on $NDRA I resent this comment

99.32% for me :smuggo:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Did they never get FDA approval I take it?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sokani posted:

This thread is mostly degenerate gambling and commentary on novel investing instruments.

It sort of turned into that during the pandemic and in the wake of GME, but back in the day it was more actual stock picking and not just rolling the dice on Penny Garbage or whatever.

(I suppose the most zealous Bogleheads would call any and all stock buying outside of an index fund degenerate gambling, but lumping Peter Lynch or Ben Graham into the category of gamblers is a little ridiculous)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Did they never get FDA approval I take it?

Over the past couple years, NDRA always gooses the news cycle with some patents and job openings on their website ("they must be on the verge of a big announcement or there wouldn't be all this movement!") then the earnings call lands like a wet fart and FDA approval is dangled another three months out like a carrot on a stick. It's a penny stock bauble at this point, random 10% pops followed by long death spirals.

After getting their 510k application rejected and told to start over with a De Novo, the De Novo turned out to also be poo poo. Filing documents seem to indicate the next road to approval involves revised De Novo data for 2025 approval at the earliest. Meanwhile, Nasdaq is going to delist it, doesn't seem to be much blood left to be squeezed.

The only remaining analyst, Ed Woo, says Buy, with a $10 price target, but he's also pretty much the only caller left in conference calls, with softball questions about "how's it going." CEO Francois Michelon might be letting Ed borrow his Rolex once a month so he can feel fancy.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ARTPUP posted:

Bought another 15 shares of Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE) @$10.08 last week, and 213 shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) @$3.10.

Looks like Roaring Kitty's back. GameStop (GME) stock jumped on his first post. Maybe he's setting up a hedge fund or a subscription service? I don't know what his plans are but I don't think it involves GameStop again... why taunt the SEC?

Matt Levine's write-up of it today speculating on Kitty's plans was funny enough that I'm just gonna paste the funniest bits here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2024-05-13/gamestop-is-back

quote:

Here is the first tweet, which does not make any fundamental or technical case for buying GameStop’s stock, or make any other arguments for the stock, or mention GameStop, or contain any words at all. Just a drawing of the guy leaning forward. There are some ambiguous follow-up video clips. Prior to this, Gill had not tweeted since June 2021, and his YouTube channel has been similarly dormant. GameStop’s stock opened this morning at $26.34, up 51% from Friday’s close; it got as high as $38.20 at 10:05 a.m., and was halted for volatility nine times in the first two hours of trading. Some exam questions:

1. What do you think this tweet means? Is it about Gill’s return to YouTube? To active stock trading? To GameStop? To some other stock? Is he getting into computer gaming content? Taking a life drawing class and tweeting his work?

2. Let’s say that you assign a probability of X to “this tweet means that Gill is going to be back on YouTube talking about GameStop a lot”: How much does that change your GameStop price target? Build an Excel model.

3. What probability would you assign to “he’s gonna be on YouTube talking about GameStop a lot, but now he’s short”? How funny would that be?

4. Is GameStop in a better or worse economic position than it was in January 2021, when Gill first sent it to the moon? Is the range of possible outcomes now wider or narrower? Has the pivot to online commerce paid off? Is the pivot to letting Chief Executive Officer Ryan Cohen trade stocks with GameStop’s money going to pay off? The pivot to trading Pokémons? Do you care about any of this at all? Is it rational to care about any of it? If you have a strongly held view of the company’s fundamentals, what should you do about it?

5. How much money has Citadel Securities made today because of this tweet?

6. The article goes on to quote Vanda Research’s Giacomo Pierantoni saying: “These surges in retail activity have served as contrarian signals, prompting institutional investors to quickly short the stock following these rallies driven by retail investors.” Shorting GameStop? Really? Have the short sellers improved their timing since 2021, so that now they can short the stock following the rallies, rather than shorting early in the rallies and getting smoked? Or are the retail investors no longer as zealous and coordinated about punishing short sellers? Or were they not as zealous and coordinated about punishing short sellers, but now Roaring Kitty is back to lead them into battle?

7. Consider this hypothetical trade: (1) Keith Gill buys a bunch of short-dated GameStop call options, (2) he tweets a picture of a guy leaning forward in a chair, (3) the stock shoots up, (4) he sells the options for a profit, (5) he never returns to YouTube or otherwise says anything about GameStop at all. Is this a good trade? How many times could he do this? If you bought GameStop on the basis of his tweet, and this turned out to be the trade, how mad would you be?

8. If you bought GameStop on the basis of his tweet, and he turned out to be just tweeting from his drawing class, how mad would you be?

9. In the hypothetical trade in Question 7, would the US Securities and Exchange Commission have a case against him for market manipulation?1 In your answer, make reference to (1) the fact that the tweet doesn’t mention GameStop at all, (2) the recent decision by a federal judge in Texas that actually pump and dumps are legal and (3) the 2023 decision by a federal judge in Washington, DC, that the moon emoji is securities fraud.

10. Keith Gill seems to have added like $3 billion of market capitalization to GameStop by tweeting a picture of a guy. I assume he captured at most a tiny fraction of this value. Given this very particular skill that he has — the ability to add billions of dollars of value to, at least, this stock, with essentially no effort — what is the best way for him to monetize it? What is the highest-value use that financial markets could find for Keith Gill?

11. If you were Ryan Cohen, would you hire Gill to run GameStop’s investor relations? If you were, like, Tesla, would you hire Gill to run investor relations? Trump Media & Technology Group? Apple? How much would you pay him?

12. If you were Keith Gill, would you go activist and try to take over GameStop? AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc.? Trump Media? Tesla? Apple?

13. If you were Keith Gill, would you set up a hedge fund with a strategy like “I will opportunistically buy GameStop stock and then tweet to make it go up”? What percentage of your gains would you charge as a performance fee? How much money could you raise? From whom? How much could you deploy? (In your answer, consider Section 16 and GameStop’s market capitalization.) Would you add capacity by tweeting about other companies? Which ones? Would your investors go for that? If you were invited to speak at Sohn, would you wear a bandana and pitch GameStop? Would you go out to dinner afterwards with Gabe Plotkin?

14. If you ran a multistrategy hedge fund, would you hire Keith Gill to run a pod with a strategy like “tweet about GameStop and make it go up”? What kind of guarantee would you give him? How much capital would you allocate to him? How often would you want him to run this trade? Would he have to be factor-neutral? What would he do the rest of the time? Would you bring him to investor-relations meetings with limited partners?

15. Is this just how life is now? In January 2021, the whole GameStop experience was new, and there was perhaps some genuine uncertainty about how things would turn out. (Could GameStop keep going up forever? Would there be the mother of all short squeezes? Could retail options buying create a perpetual motion machine?) And then the stock mostly fell back to earth, and the meme-stock machine ran again on other stocks with mostly diminishing results, and you could imagine that the whole thing was a confluence of novelty and social media and pandemic-era boredom and incautious short sellers that would not repeat itself. But in fact is this just a permanent feature of financial markets?

Here is Wharton’s list of MBA finance classes, and there’s not even an elective on meme stocks. There is FNCE7390, though, Behavioral Finance: “There is an abundance of evidence suggesting that the standard economic paradigm — rational agents in an efficient market — does not adequately describe behavior in financial markets.” Yes.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Agronox posted:

It sort of turned into that during the pandemic and in the wake of GME, but back in the day it was more actual stock picking and not just rolling the dice on Penny Garbage or whatever.

(I suppose the most zealous Bogleheads would call any and all stock buying outside of an index fund degenerate gambling, but lumping Peter Lynch or Ben Graham into the category of gamblers is a little ridiculous)

I don't generally trade foreign stocks, but a revenue-growth, ROIC and FCF-yield based screener of mine is suggesting $PDD and $MELI. Rare consumer growth stocks in the screener amidst a sea of oil/financial/industrial stocks. The non-US consumer shall rise again...?

Hawaiian Electric comes up on a deep TBV / profitability screener of mine, but the lawsuits from insurance companies still spook me.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I had a thought some months ago when PDD was a hundred bucks, “huh this Temu thing seems to be getting popular” but then didn’t actually trade the stock.

Since then I’ve heard wildly mixed reviews and stayed away.

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king
passive income is not just dividend yield, it's also capital appreciation. you can freely sell a fraction at any point

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

jawbroken posted:

passive income is not just dividend yield, it's also capital appreciation. you can freely sell a fraction at any point

I don't think that matters? The point is that if you had $10,000 invested in a unicorn fund that guaranteed 20% per year, you would make a passive income of $167/month through whatever combination of dividends and selling off stock. At year two you would still have a principal balance of $10,000 because you're drawing income not re-investing.

Consider that the S&P 500 has a historic return of 10% according to the AI that Google has forced into their search page:

And you're getting $83/month per $10,000. At $50,000 you're getting $417/month, but if you're at a point where you've got $50k sitting around for "passive income" (meaning that you draw this income to spend) then I'm guessing that an extra $417/month is equivalent to finding loose change.

Or alternatively, if that $417/month for 50k invested was meaningful to you, you wouldn't be betting it on stock that could just as easily lose 10% in value.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 15, 2024

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
GME over here blowing up accounts both ways

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Petrobras CEO fired by Lula, stock dropped 10% and trading halted. My favorite oil stock is never boring. Massive dividends, low P/E, utter uncertainty regarding when/if it will be looted by the government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don't think that matters?

it sounds like we're agreeing…i was responding to a variety of posts like

drk posted:

which were implying that dividends are the only form of passive income, like having to hit the sell button on your online broker means it counts as income from labour