Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Diddler posted:

I bet that's me, because it would explain why I've had a Spider-Woman on my piano for a few months. I'll post a pic later today.

Hey The Diddler, I scrolled back about 20 pages to find your post. I can't blame you if you don't feel like venturing to the post office anytime soon, but I'd still be very interested in that ML Spider-Woman on your piano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Amazon cancelled my Legends Winter Solider pre-order due to lack of demand or something. Fuckers.

I'm gonna be extra pissed if they cancel my McFarlane MK Spawn. I really, really want that figure.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

Amazon cancelled my Legends Winter Solider pre-order due to lack of demand or something. Fuckers.

I'm gonna be extra pissed if they cancel my McFarlane MK Spawn. I really, really want that figure.

You can still order him via Dorkside.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Was able to grab the Mando and baby Yoda from amiami last night at a nice discount. Grabbed Amazing Yamaguchi Deku today too. This is a good toy day.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Aww, did I already miss preorders on the figuarts mandalorian? I checked a few days ago and there were no preorders up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Aww, did I already miss preorders on the figuarts mandalorian? I checked a few days ago and there were no preorders up.

BBTS has them both up and Amazon.jp does too. They're your only options atm.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nanigans posted:

Was able to grab the Mando and baby Yoda from amiami last night at a nice discount. Grabbed Amazing Yamaguchi Deku today too. This is a good toy day.

Ooh thanks! Preordered!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Be careful! I started reading that last week and just ended up ordering that new Pirates set despite not having bought Lego for a decade.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bailed out of the Lego thread a while ago because I dont have space to display anything else right now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Fuzz posted:

BBTS has them both up and Amazon.jp does too. They're your only options atm.

How does ordering from amazon.jp work? Is it as simple as just using your normal/American amazon account and just checking out? Or is there some complications you need to go through? Is it even worth ordering from them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How does ordering from amazon.jp work? Is it as simple as just using your normal/American amazon account and just checking out? Or is there some complications you need to go through? Is it even worth ordering from them?

You'll need to register a separate Amazon.JP account. But it's every bit as easy as using Amazon.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How are the shipping rates to the US? Similar to amiami or hlj?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

How are the shipping rates to the US? Similar to amiami or hlj?

Depending on the price it's free shipping and gets to you in about three days. It's amazing how fast the Amazon.jp stuff arrives.

Edit: The above is pre-pandemic. Dunno about the speed now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Of course, with everything going on I'm not even sure if these things will even RELEASE in October, much less when they'll arrive. But I was able to get both Mandallorian and The Child for a decent price, so I'm happy!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone in this thread happen to have this fella? I'm kinda tempted to get one because scorpions are one of my favorite creepy crawlies and this thing just looks great, but I'm not sure how it feels as a figure, was hoping someone here had first-hand experience. I've had Revoltech stuff before and it's generally of good quality, but that was like a decade ago so I dunno how they are nowadays besides...expensive.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone in this thread happen to have this fella? I'm kinda tempted to get one because scorpions are one of my favorite creepy crawlies and this thing just looks great, but I'm not sure how it feels as a figure, was hoping someone here had first-hand experience. I've had Revoltech stuff before and it's generally of good quality, but that was like a decade ago so I dunno how they are nowadays besides...expensive.

There's a bunch of reviews of it on Youtube, if that's any help

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

There's a bunch of reviews of it on Youtube, if that's any help
there's a few yeah, and boy howdy this guy loving hates it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9LPbPr064&hd=1

guess I'll pass on that then. a shame, the smaller legs having zero articulation or even movement from the body itself is kinda shocking for the price, and the non-stock photo look of it isn't flattering.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Invictus posted:

Have I ever told you my get-rich scheme that involves milking scorpions?

It’s my favorite “I sound like a crazy person” pitch.

Basically, scorpion venom is one of the most valuable substances on the planet - a gallon of it is worth $39,000,000 (thirty nine million dollars). Converted into a useful scorpion unit of measurement, 1 gallon is about 76,000 drops, and you can “milk” a scorpion for 2-3 drops at a time using a 9v battery and two wires (no joke, there are YouTube videos on how to do this because of course there are) and it doesn’t kill the scorpion, so they’re a renewable source of venom.

So even if you spent 10 years milking scorpions 2-3 drops at a time and got a tenth of a gallon, you still end up with just shy of $4mil - that’s a hell of a lot more than I’ll see in a decade with my current salary. AND I live in Arizona, bark scorpion capital of the universe.

So start your own scorpion-milking side racket today!!

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 7, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

You'd have to milk one scorpion 2.64 million times to fill a gallon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

You'd have to milk one scorpion 2.64 million times to fill a gallon.

Sure, or you could live in the scorpion capital of the universe and be surrounded by a zillion of the motherfuckers to harvest.

poo poo, go all Walter White and cut a partner in on the racket so you can harvest/milk the scorpions more efficiently, you both still end up multi-millionaires.

Seriously guys it’s a good idea!

Guys?

Guys....?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
girlfriend finds my hidden closet, except it’s full with shelves of scorpions strapped upside down to boards with wires taped to their chest

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Do you have a lead on a buyer?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gripweed posted:

Do you have a lead on a buyer?
The medical field buys the poo poo out of it because it's got a shitton of applications for neuroscience and studying/treating brain disorders, aside from the obvious use of fabricating antivenin for treating people stung by scorpions.

Louisgod posted:

girlfriend finds my hidden closet, except it’s full with shelves of scorpions strapped upside down to boards with wires taped to their chest
It's imagery like this that makes it my favorite "I'm not a crazy person, honest!" get-rich scheme. Like, milking scorpions is a legit thing that the bio-medical industry actually does do professionally and it's worth stupid money, but the idea of some rear end in a top hat jury-rigging a scorpion-milking setup in his basement with his best friend and trying to become a millionaire is really loving funny to me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xenomrph posted:

The medical field buys the poo poo out of it because it's got a shitton of applications for neuroscience and studying/treating brain disorders, aside from the obvious use of fabricating antivenin for treating people stung by scorpions.

"The medical field" isn't a buyer, it's a whole massive industry. If you're serious about this you need to know who specifically will be willing to buy your garage venom. Is there some company that's like, "yeah we'll buy any venom, just show up with an old Gatorade bottle full of scorpion juice and we'll weigh it and pay you in cash!"? I doubt it!

Figure out who you're gonna be selling this to and what kind of standards they expect. Or else you're just wasting everybody's time.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gripweed posted:

"The medical field" isn't a buyer, it's a whole massive industry. If you're serious about this you need to know who specifically will be willing to buy your garage venom. Is there some company that's like, "yeah we'll buy any venom, just show up with an old Gatorade bottle full of scorpion juice and we'll weigh it and pay you in cash!"? I doubt it!

Figure out who you're gonna be selling this to and what kind of standards they expect. Or else you're just wasting everybody's time.

I can't tell if you're talking my joke post really seriously, or if you're also joking.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Listen, I'm gonna offer you some free advice. It may SEEM like a good idea, but you gotta remember, the hardest part is finding the scorpion's prostate.

Maybe get some anatomical models to practice on...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Does anyone here have any of the ML-style Power Rangers line that came out recently? I’ve been playing this godawful MMPR fighting game but it’s making me just nostalgic enough to buy a $20 figure out of boredom.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Does anyone here have any of the ML-style Power Rangers line that came out recently? I’ve been playing this godawful MMPR fighting game but it’s making me just nostalgic enough to buy a $20 figure out of boredom.

I have the Shadow Ranger, it’s a very nice figure for $20, my only issue is that the sword got bent fairly easily.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You guys are thinking too big. 1 drop is still worth $500, that's like 4-6 Hot Toys per venom session with just 1 scorpion.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I have the White Ranger and Lord Drakkon. Both are solid figures with excellent articulation and good alternative hands/heads, as well as some small "effect" pieces.

FYI: Be careful on Lord Drakkon. I have yet to see one with good all around paint apps. All the ones I've seen have had the helmet messed up in some way.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Lord Zedd and Goldar are great!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Spawn Kickstarter went live and hit its 100k goal in about 10 minutes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Excellent. I’m down for new spawn toys.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

CelticPredator posted:

Excellent. I’m down for new spawn toys.

I think that’s going to happen. It’s almost to 400k right now.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

With the amount of money that kickstarter is raking in, it would be nice if they did remastered versions of the rest of the first wave of figures.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Can't say no to that Spawn, especially since they're adding articulation where they can. I'm in.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Can't say no to that Spawn, especially since they're adding articulation where they can. I'm in.

Now the question is which version? I went classic, but I do kinda want the modern one as well.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Now the question is which version? I went classic, but I do kinda want the modern one as well.

Ah poo poo there are two versions? What’s the difference?

e: oh I see, masked with red vs. unmasked with black.. definitely classic.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 9, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I don’t get it, is McFarlane Toys short of money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t get it, is McFarlane Toys short of money?

Todd had been trying to revitalize Spawn for years to get in on that cinematic universe money train.