Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I've got a spare motorcycle lying around, waiting to be put to good use.

I may have just found it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

checksin posted:

Teen Mom is going to be a popular one since she's including that new baby fig

lol look at that dumb babby

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Picked up some Series 13 and 15 again on my grocery run today.

Got only one dupe in all 7, which was a second Space Marine (or w/e that guy is from 13).

The others were Hotdog Guy (woo!), Egyptian guy, Accident guy, the robot guy, and the pest control lady. Also those probably aren't their real names. Still no Keno / Samurai from either set OR Scary Warrior, but I'm holding out hope.

Also noticed today that Target had series 13 cleverly at $4.98 instead of $3.99

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Got my Disney minifigs from Pyroclastic today.

Easy peasy transaction. A+. Would give a silly amount of money to for Legos again.

I am still looking for Pan, farmer, and Native American from series 15 if anyone has extras.

Edit: and unicorn girl from 13

heres my for trade box

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 22, 2016

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

omnibobb posted:

Got my Disney minifigs from Pyroclastic today.

Easy peasy transaction. A+. Would give a silly amount of money to for Legos again.

Got mine yesterday. Dude's legit.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Pyroclastic posted:

I wanna say it was me, way back when we first learned about them. And I'm still interested in a full set.

Pyroclastic on January 30th, 2016 posted:

Also on that page is Germany is getting an exclusive-to-them minifig series of Football players. We non-German collector types may have to try to arrange something to get them over here, like I did for the Team GB thing during the London Olympics, but I'm not sure I know anyone in Germany.

You are indeed to the first poster expressing a desire to aquire a set of the German soccer minifigs.
If you want them, they are yours for retail price (16x2.99€) + shipping. I have opened the packets, and can send you every player+ball+baseplate and include either all or 1 of the "instrucions" plus the opened packets if you want them.

I'll have to sort shipping out, see what's safest etc. Hit me up in a PM with your address and I can research shipping options.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Combatant posted:

High speed motor, make those bastards spin.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I've got a spare motorcycle lying around, waiting to be put to good use.

I may have just found it.

How fast do they need to spin to make the completed set achieve flight?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Finished modeling a micro-scale TIE Defender last night, ordered the parts on Bricklink and can't wait to build the physical copy.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Neurion posted:

Finished modeling a micro-scale TIE Defender last night, ordered the parts on Bricklink and can't wait to build the physical copy.

That's rad as hell. Makes me want to go back and fix my micro-scale Kylo Ren shuttle - sometimes things you build in LDD have, uh, structural flaws that cause the wings to just fall off over and over.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Neurion posted:

What do you use to build this?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Hopper posted:

What do you use to build this?

If you meant what program, I used the Lego Digital Designer to model it, LDD to POV-Ray convertor to convert to a .pov, and POV-Ray to render it.

Or do you mean the parts I used to get the tri-wing setup?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Bought an incomplete (and uncommon) 1968 (Unnamed starship) off ebay. Finding the replacement parts is gonna be harder than I was expecting...the trans-yellow hoses are not very common, and they're at least $3 apiece, and I need six. One US seller wants $10 for blue robot arms, which is ridiculous. No seller has the 5 part types I need, either. Only seller with 4/5 has an $80(!) minimum buy.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Neurion posted:

If you meant what program, I used the Lego Digital Designer to model it, LDD to POV-Ray convertor to convert to a .pov, and POV-Ray to render it.

Yeah I meant the program, sorry that was formulated weirdly. I asked because it looks way better than the usual LDD pics.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Neurion posted:

I'll bite, how did you do the tri-wings?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm guessing it uses the technic triple pin helicopter piece.

E: PriorMarcus, Dogen, PM me your addresses so I can figure out shipping.

Anyone else, take some of the remaining figures off my hands so I'm not stuck with half a box of em.

Ika fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 23, 2016

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Lizard Combatant posted:

A 3-Branch Cross axle with 1x2 cross-hole bricks connected to it. LDD doesn't allow all 3 bricks to push all the way flush onto it, but it'll work slightly better with physical pieces.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
ah cool, i should have guessed having used those pieces in a very similar way recently.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Neurion posted:

This is great! ❤️

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

Bought an incomplete (and uncommon) 1968 (Unnamed starship) off ebay. Finding the replacement parts is gonna be harder than I was expecting...the trans-yellow hoses are not very common, and they're at least $3 apiece, and I need six. One US seller wants $10 for blue robot arms, which is ridiculous. No seller has the 5 part types I need, either. Only seller with 4/5 has an $80(!) minimum buy.

I don't think I've ever seen that set, anywhere. I like how the robot has a dish for a head instead of the traditional travis brick with antenna.

Needing to buy from a dozen different sellers to collect classic parts is pretty normal though.

Someone somewhere must have a giant stockpile of yellow hoses, because all the ones I had as a kid have gone missing. There's probably some master thief out there somewhere that traveled the world stealing them all, planning to sell them to fund their retirement in 30 years.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Along those lines, bricklink prepping for an update:

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/newsview.page?msgid=987449

Some refinements to wanted lists and buying stuff on your wanted lists.. including an option to upload LDD files to build a want list, which is pretty bonkers.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

xzzy posted:

Along those lines, bricklink prepping for an update:

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/newsview.page?msgid=987449

quote:

- Plan out multiple stores simultaneously for long Wanted Lists with the new Buy page.
- Use Auto-Finder if you want to automatically find the optimal store or combination of stores that can complete your wanted list.

Watch your wallets, ya'll, lest they disappear in a puff of smoke.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mariachi guy is the hidden gem of that set.

The printed compass tile is super cool though. Well and the penguin for more ice skate pieces.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Sweet pogo sticking Jeebus. Going to need so many multiples.

I know it's early but for the any goons planning on getting cases and doing complete sets, put me down for me please.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ooh, yeah, looking good on a lot of those. I might have to get the goggled head on Archer there and put it on one of my Ray Stantz Ghostbusters.

Also two different penguins, Femborg, Elsa gone bad, lil devil, gay dog dude, teen mom and of course, :sotw:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is nothing indicating the sexuality of the man who is proud of his dog being a champion.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Charitably, he might be using the classical usage of the word.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

There is nothing indicating the sexuality of the man who is proud of his dog being a champion.

As a gay man myself, my gaydar is up to scratch enough to know. Even Lego men.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Just went through the box of football figs, tried to sort the dupes by bumpcode which was a pain since there are two sets of two figures which share seemingly identical bumpcodes.

Ended up with only two full sets (For some reason I only have 2 schweinsteigers ... go figure. :( I'm pretty sure the box had at least 3 of everyone else. And schweinsteiger was one of the three figs I was missing for my already started set, together with two others which only had three each in the box)

Current list of spares (Mostly unopened):
Hummels x 1
Hoewedes x 1
Schuerrle x 4
Kruse x 1
Boating x 2
Mueller x 3
Loew x 1
Reus x 2
Oezil x 3
Khedira x 4
Mustafe x 4
Goetze x 4
Kroos 3

Needed to complete a set for me:
- Schweinsteiger x 1

Needed to complete a third set for someone else
- Neuer
- Kramer
- Schweinsteiger

Hopper: Do you have a Schweinsteiger or any of the figures I'm missing for an unclaimed set in your pile of spares?

Anyone else who is interested in any of the spares let me know, otherwise I'll try and return them to the store I bought the box from.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm surprised Lego Sam Fisher has a "realistic' looking gun. You don't really ever see that on non licensed stuff.

I really like pretty much that whole series. I'd be happy getting just about any of them. Goth kid is kind of lame though.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I'm surprised Lego Sam Fisher has a "realistic' looking gun. You don't really ever see that on non licensed stuff.

I really like pretty much that whole series. I'd be happy getting just about any of them. Goth kid is kind of lame though.

Looks more like one of the firehouse nozzles off the truck sets

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe, but it's obviously intended to be a pistol on that figure.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Ika posted:

Just went through the box of football figs, tried to sort the dupes by bumpcode which was a pain since there are two sets of two figures which share seemingly identical bumpcodes.

Ended up with only two full sets (For some reason I only have 2 schweinsteigers ... go figure. :( I'm pretty sure the box had at least 3 of everyone else. And schweinsteiger was one of the three figs I was missing for my already started set, together with two others which only had three each in the box)

Hopper: Do you have a Schweinsteiger or any of the figures I'm missing for an unclaimed set in your pile of spares?

Anyone else who is interested in any of the spares let me know, otherwise I'll try and return them to the store I bought the box from.

Didn't you buy a sealed box? If so you must have made mistakes identifying the packs. A complete box MUST have 3 full sets (3x16) + 12 spares. Unless you bought an opened box.

Edit: If you can't get your team together I do have an extra Schweinsteiger.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 23, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

It's one of these:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know the part. I have a bunch of them. I'm just saying I'm surprised they gave a non licensed figure a black pistol. You don't see that much.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Hopper posted:

Didn't you buy a sealed box? If so you must have made mistakes identifying the packs. A complete box MUST have 3 full sets (3x16) + 12 spares. Unless you bought an opened box.

Edit: If you can't get your team together I do have an extra Schweinsteiger.

I did, I even saw the salesperson take it out of the shipping box from lego. I sorted all the figures by bump code while watching a movie and then opened enough of em to finish three series. My schweinsteigers have a very distinctive bump pattern which I can't find on any of the unopened packs, but I'll double check the hair pieces tommarow. According to a box listing on eurobricks it should have had four.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Why don't you just open all the packs? Noone cares if they are unopened. Plus I seemed to remember readign soemwhere there are 3 different series of bumper codes.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

NESguerilla posted:

Maybe, but it's obviously intended to be a pistol on that figure.

Maybe a grapnel gun? He has some kind of cord in the other hand

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

Ooh, yeah, looking good on a lot of those. I might have to get the goggled head on Archer there and put it on one of my Ray Stantz Ghostbusters.
Son of a bitch. I was gonna pass on that one, not anymore...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Hopper posted:

Why don't you just open all the packs? Noone cares if they are unopened. Plus I seemed to remember readign soemwhere there are 3 different series of bumper codes.

Because nobody else seems to want the figures and I don't want to deal with the hassle of ebay, so I'll return whatever is unopened instead, or try eurobricks.

There are several series of bump codes, but they can be IDed by the number on the packet and are per factory / assembly line, meaning a single box should only have a single type of bump code.