Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014

xzzy posted:

In that special universe where mechanical engineers live and everything is frictionless because it makes the math easier, maintaining speed is free. :colbert:

Exactly, but civil in this case. poo poo don't even accelerate with us.

Eskaton fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Eskaton posted:

Conservation of energy and whatever. I'm talking very far away from practice theoretically.
There is this thing called aerodynamic drag.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Eskaton posted:

Conservation of energy and whatever. I'm talking very far away from practice theoretically.

lmao

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

xzzy posted:

In that special universe where mechanical engineers live and everything is frictionless because it makes the math easier, maintaining speed is free. :colbert:

perfectly spherical cars moving through a vacuum

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Imagine three cars on the edge of a cliff.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Zybourne Yugo if you will?

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

On a treadmill
In two identical envelopes
With a sprinkler than sucks water back in.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eskaton posted:

Explains the traffic lights around me. :v:

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014
PCOS is actually following the thread better than most.

What is going on?

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Eskaton posted:

PCOS is actually following the thread better than most.

What is going on?

Ethics in air density or something.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

organburner posted:

I was browsing some auctions and came across this:

https://www.huutokaupat.com/fi/v/309717

Just click the pictures.

What in the gently caress.

Cribbing from the Koenig playbook I see

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Chris Knight posted:

I'm.....okay with this.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

This looks the 80's version of any of the AMGs.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Koenig cars are just amazingly awesome and i'd buy every single one of them if I had the money.

Thats a road legal Porsche 962.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Eskaton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks072waMayk

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

"Theoretically" doesn't just mean whatever you want it to mean I hope aids your future posting efforts

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Edit

Wrong thread

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I'm surprised at how little damage there is to the rear of the Cougar for the forces that were involved.
Bent the hell out of the rear wheel on the Honda, though.

I'm going to guess... old person, wrong gear?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Those Accords are badass assuming you don't have the lovely carb version. Looks like it's and SE-i too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Thought the sound in my car was a but wooly, then I noticed my tweeters weren't.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Thought the sound in my car was a but wooly, then I noticed my tweeters weren't.

Mazda or Ford? The vents and tweeter locations are way too similar.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fiat Panda.

They're actual tweeters if you got the stereo upgrade pack option.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

In all four doors? Looks like I might go through my "waste money modding a hatchback" phase in my mid thirties and put a nice stereo in this at some point.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
99% of people never noticed.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Cakefool posted:

The least they could have done is made the perforations go all the way through so you could easily add your own tweeters behind the panel.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darchangel posted:

The least they could have done is made the perforations go all the way through so you could easily add your own tweeters behind the panel.

Could be a noise or draft consideration. Probably don't want unblocked holes into the door cavity. I figure anyone actually installing tweeters would have to replace or mod the door anyways.. there's absolutely no mounts or holes to screw in a speaker.

Toyota's solution is a little better, the speaker holes are molded into a larger door panel and not removable, but behind it is a blocker plate that can be removed. Which means you can jerry rig the speaker in however you want and don't need to worry about loving up the visible parts of the door.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'll see if I can junkyard real grills, I don't fancy hand-drilling all the holes.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Boat posted:

Speaking of bloated, there's something about the Infiniti QX56 that just makes it look loving enormous.

As far as SUVs go, it's nothing out of the ordinary, but the curve of the hood or something makes it just look comically over large.

Every time I see one I feel like I need to re-badge it as a Maibatsu Monstrosity.

It's the overall look I think - any time I see one, I think "shrunken down school bus". Basically one of these old beasts painted silver with an Infiniti logo slapped on the front/back:

I'd say a majority of modern SUVs and trucks are WAY too loving big nowadays and have been for at least the last decade. I get tired of driving around massive vehicles that are almost as wide as the lane they occupy or dealing with trucks with a half-mile long bed taking up 2 spots because some chucklefuck thinks he needs a Ford Super Heavy Duty 4x4 Turbo Diesel Max to haul his broken push mower to the local Ace Hardware.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I get tired of driving around massive vehicles that are almost as wide as the lane they occupy or dealing with trucks with a half-mile long bed taking up 2 spots because some chucklefuck thinks he needs a Ford Super Heavy Duty 4x4 Turbo Diesel Max to haul his broken push mower to the local Ace Hardware groceries and kids back and forth to soccer/lacrosse practice.

Fixed. Lets be honest here - hauling a pushmower is waaaaaaaaaaaay more work than most full-size pickups on the road today will ever face.

Well, at least until they're on their second or third owner...

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I get tired of driving around massive vehicles that are almost as wide as the lane they occupy or dealing with trucks with a half-mile long bed taking up 2 spots because some chucklefuck thinks he needs a Ford Super Heavy Duty 4x4 Turbo Diesel Max to haul his broken push mower to the local Ace Hardware.

Just wanted to go on a quick rant here because every single day at work I park in a garage where countless half-ton trucks decide to back in and take up at least two spaces; often, two of these douchecanoes will team up to consume an entire corner of one floor, up to five or six spaces at a time.

I fit a push mower, a bicycle, and two patio chairs in my FiST by carefully positioning the seats and folding all the cargo up, and I watched my neighbor tow a 12' trailer with his Ford Excursion to bring his lawn mower and 4 gallon gas tank to the gas station this weekend. The gas station is less than a mile away, and this guy mows his lawn about once a month. That gas will be trash by the time he uses it all, and he probably burned a measurable percentage of his mowers gas capacity driving to and from the gas station. Odds are he left the truck idling while he filled the tank and mower.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

It's the overall look I think - any time I see one, I think "shrunken down school bus". Basically one of these old beasts painted silver with an Infiniti logo slapped on the front/back:

I'd say a majority of modern SUVs and trucks are WAY too loving big nowadays and have been for at least the last decade. I get tired of driving around massive vehicles that are almost as wide as the lane they occupy or dealing with trucks with a half-mile long bed taking up 2 spots because some chucklefuck thinks he needs a Ford Super Heavy Duty 4x4 Turbo Diesel Max to haul his broken push mower to the local Ace Hardware.

Yeah but just think of the satisfaction that dude gets when he pushes that mower up the ramp into his pickup bed, climbs back down, dusts off his hands and thinks "Fifty thousand dollars well spent".

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Geoj posted:

Fixed. Lets be honest here - hauling a pushmower is waaaaaaaaaaaay more work than most full-size pickups on the road today will ever face.

Last week I used my vehicle to haul both a push mower to my friend's house and to take four sets of mounting wheels and tires, four sets of unmounted tires, and four new wheels to the mechanic. It's a small* hot hatchback.

*small for the US, not one of the tiny things they have in Europe.

EDIT:

Cellular Suicide posted:

I fit a push mower, a bicycle, and two patio chairs in my FiST by carefully positioning the seats and folding all the cargo up

Now, that's more impressive.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 2, 2016

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Linedance posted:

Yeah but just think of the satisfaction that dude gets when he pushes that mower up the ramp into his pickup bed, climbs back down, dusts off his hands and thinks "Fifty thousand dollars well spent".

I have a coworker who is thinking of buying a new crew cab truck so that he can drive his wife and baby around and keep their tiny little yappy dogs in a cage in the pickup bed. Apparently keeping them out of the interior of the car is really important. Why even have dogs if that's how you feel about them?

He takes a bus to work and has an old truck for hauling poo poo.

Derp.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

I have a coworker who is thinking of buying a new crew cab truck so that he can drive his wife and baby around and keep their tiny little yappy dogs in a cage in the pickup bed. Apparently keeping them out of the interior of the car is really important. Why even have dogs if that's how you feel about them?

He takes a bus to work and has an old truck for hauling poo poo.

Derp.

Agreed - cage in a small SUV or cute-ute and go.
That aside, he needs to get something like a Honda Ridgeline at most. Maybe one of the crewcab "mini" trucks, but they're all almost as big (and expensive) as a full-size now. Explorer Sport-trac would work, but they don't make those any more. I kind of miss actual small pickups.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The pictures of the new Ford Ranger just look like another F150 clone. In fact, it looks bigger than the F150 used to be a couple decades ago.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TotalLossBrain posted:

The pictures of the new Ford Ranger just look like another F150 clone. In fact, it looks bigger than the F150 used to be a couple decades ago.

They can call it whatever they want, looks good.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Here's another truck abomination - but maybe someone will think it's awesome. I think it's just strange - an F350 Diesel (pretty sure it was not a gasser), single cab, short bed, dually, and canopy.

Sorry for the potato-quality pictures.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Paint that black and I'm down.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Seems legit if you tow heavy poo poo but have no need for bed storage. Unless long wheelbase has an advantage for towing I'm not aware of, the maneuverability of SWB would definitely be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

Here's another truck abomination - but maybe someone will think it's awesome. I think it's just strange - an F350 Diesel (pretty sure it was not a gasser), single cab, short bed, dually, and canopy.

Sorry for the potato-quality pictures.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad :zoid:

That truck owns.