Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Will this technology allow us to have our entire lives narrated by David Warner (a character in TMNT2)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Decrepus posted:

Will this technology allow us to have our entire lives narrated by David Warner (a character in TMNT2)?

No, but it will allow us to have our entire lives narrated by David Warner (the character Sark, in Tron).

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Uff what the hell is the logic in the humongous gap in Druid levelling? I've just completed Watcher's Keep AND killed Yaga-Shura and Jaheira is STILL level 14 with one 7th level spell.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Something something 2nd Edition rules, isn't it?
Archdruids being Level 14 which is as high as a Druid can climb up the ladder, therefore until you surpass the BG2 XP cap and get into 'gently caress it, who even cares?' territory, you're stuck like a dweeb behind other casters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Also there's only supposed to be 9 druids in the world who are 12th or 13th level, you have to beat one in single combat to get to twelfth level and there can be only one druid in the entire world who is 14th. It's lore stuff I'm assuming Ed Greenwood or someone else invented for whichever player they had that they also invented the druid class for.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'm gonna get the tiers wrong but in 2nd edition there could only be a single archdruid (or whatever was top) in the whole world, so to advance to that level and become the archdruid you had to get enough XP and also find and kill the current archdruid, or wait for them to die. Until then you couldn't continue to gain levels.

The levels leading up to archdruid had caps as well, like X number per continent, and per region etc. It was a ridiculous system but yeah that's what's with the huge XP requirement from 13->14 is.

e;fb

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Decrepus posted:

Can't wait to use this to fully voice Sandrah Saga.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Can the AI be used to make Boo's SQUEAK voice acted by Sarevok?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I'm going to be honest, this sounds like poo poo to me. It sounds like David Warner, but it sounds like David Warner not giving a poo poo about his performance and just trying to read the lines as quick as possible, which is not what people hired David Warner for.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It's the uncanny valley David Warner.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Skwirl posted:

I'm going to be honest, this sounds like poo poo to me. It sounds like David Warner, but it sounds like David Warner not giving a poo poo about his performance and just trying to read the lines as quick as possible, which is not what people hired David Warner for.

the real david warner would have paid enough attention to notice that it's spelled J E K R S not J E R K S and pronounce it appropriately

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I'm using DragonspearUI++, and I got softlocked when trying to start the spyglass quest:

There's no way to continue the conversation. Anyone else run into this problem?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

the gently caress. someone needs to straight up deal with this AI bro poo poo right now.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
What's the math on weapon proficiency vs style proficiency? Should a fighter beeline for grand master in a weapon or work on dual wield/single weapon as well, or what?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

More attacks is generally best and you only need 2 pips to dual wield effectively. If you are starting at level 1 you can only put two pips into any weapon anyway.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nostalgamus posted:

I'm using DragonspearUI++, and I got softlocked when trying to start the spyglass quest:

There's no way to continue the conversation. Anyone else run into this problem?

Is that the only mod you have installed? Are you not able to scroll down or does it just offer no responses?

The only journal-related bug I've ever run into with DragonspearUI++ is where it refuses to separate things into quests, but it's never just locked up on me like that.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

It's a problem with how that ui mod handles large blocks of text, there's a fix for it but it's buried somewhere in the beamdog forums thread

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

After some experimentation, it turns out pressing numbers for the responses still works. For anyone else running into this, response 2 is the one for accepting.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
This is pretty cool. :) If I wasn't completely hideous I'd participate.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Vichan posted:

Submit your PFP and the profile for Vichan and see if he'll get made into a proper portrait!

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Vichan posted:

Me: That’s nice, cool that they got the original artist, cute way to celebrate 10 years of EE

Also me: Mike’s rear end

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
BG:II EE is on sale for $6 if anyone needs it on steam.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
They seem to have forgotten to set Siege of Dragonspear on EE sales since the summer sale unless there's some weird rights thing going on.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Nah it's just funky. Because BG:I EE isn't on sale right now either.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

BG1:EE is also free with Twitch/Amazon Prime right now.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Duderclese posted:

Nah it's just funky. Because BG:I EE isn't on sale right now either.
This time yes but they've seemingly forgotten about the SKU since the summer sale.

Siege

BG

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

zedprime posted:

This time yes but they've seemingly forgotten about the SKU since the summer sale.

Siege

BG

Wish they were all on sale. I still don't own any in steam. Lol.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Still on sale on GOG and you can get discount steam keys from GMG and a few other places (key resellers, but not open marketplaces, you buy direct from the site): https://isthereanydeal.com/game/baldursgatesiegeofdragonspear/info/.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

They're all on sale on the unfortunately named Gamersgate.com as well - all steam keys.

EDIT: Beaten, but yeah. I have had no problems with either Gamersgate or Greenman Gaming in the past, for what it's worth. Not that I expect anyone in this thread to not already own the game.

Rythian fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 3, 2023

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
As stated, I do not own the games. Have followed the thread for years, and participated in previous iron man's. I'm excited for sales to allow new fans into the game.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Duderclese posted:

As stated, I do not own the games. Have followed the thread for years, and participated in previous iron man's. I'm excited for sales to allow new fans into the game.

I stand corrected!

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Rythian posted:

I stand corrected!

Not here to correct folks! Just want anyone who is on the fence to get in while the price is inexpensive!

I did this.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey bg3 got a release date(ish), August 2023. I haven't looked at the game at all, should I start getting excited?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jay Rust posted:

Hey bg3 got a release date(ish), August 2023. I haven't looked at the game at all, should I start getting excited?

Depends. Did you like the Divinity: Original Sin games?

Because by all accounts, it's basically D:OS 3 with a Forgotten Realms coat of paint.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Larian capable of making some of the very best crpg gameplay paired with some of the very worst crpg writing.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Terrible Opinions posted:

Larian capable of making some of the very best crpg gameplay paired with some of the very worst crpg writing.

For what’s it worth, Original Sin 2 had better overall writing and tone wise it’s more in line with the original BG games already.

I’m still bitter we’re not getting a BG3 in either the Infinity or Pillars of Eternity engines.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I assume the Baldur's Gate name is for name recognition, because I can't imagine they'll be asking me to import a save from the end of Throne Of Bhaal :cheeky:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

For what’s it worth, Original Sin 2 had better overall writing and tone wise it’s more in line with the original BG games already.

I’m still bitter we’re not getting a BG3 in either the Infinity or Pillars of Eternity engines.
I've played Original Sin 2 and their incidental dialogue is okay, but anything you're supposed to take seriously or connected to the main quest is a real mess.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
DOS:2 suffers hard from having like, zero sympathetic major characters in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Mzbundifund posted:

DOS:2 suffers hard from having like, zero sympathetic major characters in it.

Luckily BG3 will have Minsc! :unsmigghh: