Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Macarius Wrench posted:

Man druid was the worst D2 class.

Druids in general suck in games

one of my friends insisted on playing nothing but dual wield baranars star druids, even when we gave him the super good two handed axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow, Prey is actually as good as people said it was. Is the game really as open as it seems? Just tracking down a load of personnel with one of the terminals and I'm going all over the place.!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yes prey is very wide open, you can gently caress off to most areas as you see fit. most story locked stuff in my experience is just that you can't go to a lot of areas from outside the ship without unlocking the air lock inside.

also in spite of being able to gently caress around mostly wherever you should proceed the main story until you get the psychoscope as that thing is incredibly crucial.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's fairly open, you won't have the entire station open to you all at once but there's pretty often areas you can go to early or optionally if you can handle the threats there (which you always can if you're smart and explore thoroughly)

By the time you "officially" get a third weapon, you can have five. That feels really good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the order in which you can find stuff in prey is super interesting. it took me forever and a day to find a q-beam, and i had to put serious effort into finding that loving thing, whereas i got a shotgun in the first twenty minutes. a friend of mine found a q-beam as his third weapon and didn't find the shotgun for ages.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
It depends on the neuromods/skills you pick as well - the early q-beam is (if I remember rightly) in a depressurised area that you can repressurise if you space walk and fix a dohickey, which you can't fix unless you've got a high enough repair skill . Some stuff just needs exploration, some stuff will be locked off if you haven't got the right skills for it right now. Seconding the psychoscope thing though.

Fil5000 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 18, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I spent like 20 hours exploring the station and then did all the story stuff in like two or three sessions at the end

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one very minor detail i will mention without spoilers is that a very fun upside to exploring everything before advancing in the story much is you can very visually see some effect of the story progression which can be kinda spooky. you might not notice an area looks different if you hadn't been there yet.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yakuza chat.

First experience with the games was 0. Loved it. Beat Kiwami. Pretty good. Shows its age more.

Where do I go from here? I have 5 from a ps+ on ps3. 6 is coming. Should I wait and play them in order as they come out? Or just play them out of order?

Also Majima beating me with the moves I perfected over a whole game is one of my favorite things.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

did they fix prey yet? I remember hearing some really bad things about the performance at launch

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Fil5000 posted:

It depends on the neuromods/skills you pick as well - the early q-beam is (if I remember rightly) in a depressurised area that you can repressurise if you space walk and fix a dohickey, which you can't fix unless you've got a high enough repair skill . Some stuff just needs exploration, some stuff will be locked off if you haven't got the right skills for it right now. Seconding the psychoscope thing though.

There's also a corpse with a q-beam outside the station but it's guarded by a technopath but you probably won't find either of those unless you have the related quest marker pointing to them

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

I agree. Also players playing druids that shapeshift into stuff are furries, like in WoW. Most of the weirdos I've met played female druids. After that is hard to complain about anime in videogames.

Everything going okay for you?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is Need for Speed Rivals a deece racing game? I liked Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted last gen

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I got it EA Access. It's a fun game to race around in like a maniac. The online mode is kind of cool, you drop into a shared world of real and AI drivers and then races sort of organically form when you get near each other. Some of you are cops and some are racers.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Everything going okay for you?

Just joking. Druids can use boats too. This thread is being too normal lately without derails about anime and that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Bombadilillo posted:

Yakuza chat.

First experience with the games was 0. Loved it. Beat Kiwami. Pretty good. Shows its age more.

Where do I go from here? I have 5 from a ps+ on ps3. 6 is coming. Should I wait and play them in order as they come out? Or just play them out of order?

Also Majima beating me with the moves I perfected over a whole game is one of my favorite things.

I’d say play 5 in anticipation for 6.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony's Tokyo Game Show conference is coming tomorrow. 11 hours from now so NA people can either night owl it or wait for reports while EU folk can leisurely watch it live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKjOHtdmtao

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Policenaut posted:

Sony's Tokyo Game Show conference is coming tomorrow. 11 hours from now so NA people can either night owl it or wait for reports while EU folk can leisurely watch it live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKjOHtdmtao

who needs sleep?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I look forward to seeing games we may or may never get.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

basically only care about atlus, square, and sony out of the lineup. glad that atlus is first but the other two are at the very end :sigh:

well ok, I care a little about capcom (a release date for monhun would be nice, even if only a japanese one, and any dragon's dogma news would be a pleasant surprise) and maybe sega

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
No Bloodborne 2, no click

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No Bloodborne 2, no click

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is Prey on PS4 "fixed"? Like the imput lag on controls and that stuff. I've been reading and there are a bunch of story breaking bugs like npcs not showing so saving a lot is needed. That's on PC but is not a common issue.

Just to put the game on my wishlist when it gets a decent sale.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Guillermus posted:

Is Prey on PS4 "fixed"? Like the imput lag on controls and that stuff. I've been reading and there are a bunch of story breaking bugs like npcs not showing so saving a lot is needed. That's on PC but is not a common issue.

I bought it since it was patched and dunno how it was before but I have no problems with the controls or frame rate or anything.

I haven't played it recently though since unlike Destiny 1 I have definitely gotten hooked on 2.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 18, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Game is still terrible, despite all those problems.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I played through it twice last week. It plays fine and I didn't notice any bugs. The load times can be a bit long though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Game is still terrible, despite all those problems.

I didn't even like Prey but it's far from terrible.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

veni veni veni posted:

I didn't even like Prey but it's far from terrible.

i think thats the guy who has posted that without elaboration like ten times by now

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Looks like the PC port of FF9 is coming to PS4. Probably will see it announced tomorrow?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is there any point in making new games when companies can just cash in on nostalgia for eternity. NES classic is a clear testament to that

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So what's good for same-screen co-op? I want to play some stuff with a buddy.

Diablo 3 was a fantastic party game, but I think we're both a bit saturated with that by now.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

Diablo 3 was a fantastic party game, but I think we're both a bit saturated with that by now.

Overcooked.

Aka "Choppy Game"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is there any point in making new games when companies can just cash in on nostalgia for eternity. NES classic is a clear testament to that

Those nostaltic ports fund riskier new games.

And releasing old games is cool and good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Darth Walrus posted:

See OP many of them are l. Honorable mentions are reaogun and Lara croft game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Tricky Towers and Overcooked are legit 👍

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tricky Towers and Overcooked are legit 👍

tricky towers is a fun vs thing for friends but please do yourself a favor and don't play the sp, it is truly terrible

weird how big of a gap there can be when the mechanics are exactly the same but it's true

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

How else are they gonna be able to populate the 2047 PS4 Classic.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

i think thats the guy who has posted that without elaboration like ten times by now

No I've elaborated 10 times.

The enemy design is cool in concept. In practice the mimics dont work after the first 5 minutes of tension they are just black rats running around being annoying to hit.
Larger enemies are different flavors of the same thing. There so little variance its boring. Turrets are turrets and be turrets. At no point in any of the gameplay with these enemies do you approach 'fun'.

The exploration is gated annoyingly for how freeform its all supposed to be. poo poo or get off the pot. You know how people say zelda has problems because I can go to the desert before Im supposed to but I just stare at a gap I cant cross. That shits in full swing here.

Even the most ardent goon defenders say the last 1/3 is poo poo.

There are a few really cool side story beats I liked, but the rest is a boring slog that tricked people into thinking they had exploration choice because they could break into a lab early but not actually do anything important in there.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I think 17 years is an acceptable amount of time to wait before replaying a final fantasy game, no?