Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Untrustable posted:

Joe Exotic is a piece of poo poo. Straight up. He might not be completely guilty for the murder for hire thing but the animal abuse he is definitely guilty of. He does not care about animals. He bred and sold tigers. When he bred too many, he shot and killed healthy older tigers to make room for the small ones that could be petted. He deserves prison. He ruined multiple people's lives, and it's a travesty that Netflix showed him in any sort of positive or charismatic light. He is neither of those things. He was an egomaniacal narcissist strung out on coke and meth, being paranoid about Baskin and PETA because he was doing shady poo poo. I say this from first hand experience: Joe is a void of a human being.

Right now is the perfect time to make some effort posts about him because every is going nuts for the documentary. Tons of people discussing in all over the site, plus some weirdos getting super serious that Carole Baskin absolutely did not kill her husband she clearly said he had dementia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sarcopenia posted:

It's pretty wild to see people's reactions to all of this, because I listened to the Wondery podcast on it (I actually think I recommended it here once) some time ago and I actually thought that Carole came off better in the doc and I'm confused at how much more angry people are at her. Joe came off waaaay worse on the podcast.

Tiger King clearly tried to make Joe seem more endearing and harmless to have an engaging "maincharacter" but even then I think that a lot of people are projecting villainous traits on to Carole and Heroic ones on to Joe because they find him to be more charismatic.
It might have helped if the doc had shown that Joe is a cancer faking racist who starved housecats to death and most likely lied about his monumental suicide car crash attempt but oh well. It is kind of funny that Netflix has made Joe a celeb after that cringy "Dont gently caress With Cats" mess.

Lol and maybe they shouldn't have loving deadnamed and misgendered Saff while exploiting a traumatic moment in his life. Yeesh.

I think she's probably guilty of murder and got away with, based on the testimony of an expert in the field.

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1245434661196550144?s=20

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Terrible Opinions posted:

Also Joe definitely burned down his own gator pit.

That's peak Oklahoma right there.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The fact that people are coming out of Tiger King seeing Joe as a hero is really weird to me because he was clearly not that, he came across as detestable as Jeff whatever, and Doc Antle who is clearly a piece of poo poo abusive monster, and I just don't get it with the Joe love, even before I saw clips of him whining about not being able to say the n-word which they didn't put in the documentary for some reason.

I don't get the hate for Carol either, she puts her points across well.

Saff and John Finlay, maybe John Reinke and Erik Cowie seem like decent guys; all the women interviewed were in Antle's weird cult thing (which he's denied, buuuuut). I feel for Joe's husband Dylan. I refuse to believe that Josh Dial isn't/wasn't a goon.

For me personally I will never be able to unsee that CCTV moment of Travis shooting himself. The guy's loving face as he goes through horror, trying to work out if it's a joke or not, then horror again. Christ.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tiger King is the 2016 election

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

pentyne posted:

Right now is the perfect time to make some effort posts about him because every is going nuts for the documentary. Tons of people discussing in all over the site, plus some weirdos getting super serious that Carole Baskin absolutely did not kill her husband she clearly said he had dementia.

I submitted 8 pages about my time working for the tiger king to the front page person. They asked for my CMS, IP, writer name, etc.

This was on March 19th. It'll hit the front page eventually.

Edit: Reinke is not a great person. He comes across as an "aw shucks" just trying to do my best type guy in the doc, but I saw him shoot a kangaroo (in fairness the kangaroo was beating a staff member) and he once shot at a guy as he drove out of the park after quitting his job because Reinke thought he was a PETA secret agent. I can't stress enough how many firearms were at that park and how carelessly they were used.

Untrustable has a new favorite as of 03:23 on Apr 2, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Untrustable posted:

Edit: Reinke is not a great person. He comes across as an "aw shucks" just trying to do my best type guy in the doc, but I saw him shoot a kangaroo (in fairness the kangaroo was beating a staff member) and he once shot at a guy as he drove out of the park after quitting his job because Reinke thought he was a PETA secret agent. I can't stress enough how many firearms were at that park and how carelessly they were used.

This is why I said "maybe", because I am so not surprised by this. The kangaroo thing is kind of tragically hilarious. Was the staff member okay? Kangaroos are loving terrifying

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Murder at the Roo Morgue

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kangaroos usually only use their hands if they're fighting humans, it's not that bad.

Source: have been beaten up by a kangaroo

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Kangaroos usually only use their hands if they're fighting humans, it's not that bad.

Source: have been beaten up by a kangaroo

This one was kicking at his chest/stomach.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Kangaroos can easily kill a man with their legs, the "boxing kangaroo" in Art was usually restrained in the legs.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

I'm trying to find sources posted that aren't correspondence with people I know from that world, though the BCR site is a good start. However, the Netflix doc is bullshit like a lot of them are; it's an entertainment product and they can and do lie. Hell, one of the most famous docs of the last 20 years--Supersize Me--was literally fake.

They have a Supersize me 2 out now about chicken at fast food places and I wonder if he just does his same thing where he gorges on like 30k calories of food a day to get his desired unhealthy result

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
all i want to know is, should i or should i not get a dingo

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do you feel about babies?

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a kangaroo will slash you open and spill your wretched guts

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

eating only apples posted:

The fact that people are coming out of Tiger King seeing Joe as a hero is really weird to me because he was clearly not that, he came across as detestable as Jeff whatever, and Doc Antle who is clearly a piece of poo poo abusive monster, and I just don't get it with the Joe love, even before I saw clips of him whining about not being able to say the n-word which they didn't put in the documentary for some reason.

Just posting this cause lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuC_a1nDjRc

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

hallelujah posted:

Friend adopted a dog that's part Carolina dog and God drat I always think he has a dingo walking around.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

hallelujah posted:

How is this even a question?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

hallelujah posted:

pure dingo probably not but i've met some awesome dogs that were half dingo

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

Murder at the Roo Morgue

:golfclap:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Untrustable posted:

I submitted 8 pages about my time working for the tiger king to the front page person. They asked for my CMS, IP, writer name, etc.

This was on March 19th. It'll hit the front page eventually.

Yeah, it's odd this got stuck in the pipeline, it's important. I'm not an editor, just a weekly columnist, but I'm pushing hard in the slack channel for it to go up asap

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Someone needs to step up and tell us how many tigers Joe's hosed though because I am for sure it was at least one

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Someone needs to step up and tell us how many tigers Joe's hosed though because I am for sure it was at least one

Never once did I see him gently caress a tiger. Then again he was a pretty secretive guy when he wasn't mugging for park guests and magic show attendees. Also check out the front page!

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Untrustable posted:

Never once did I see him gently caress a tiger. Then again he was a pretty secretive guy when he wasn't mugging for park guests and magic show attendees. Also check out the front page!

Hey I never realized you were the guy with that avatar. I love your avatar!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
As someone who has watched every episode of Forensic Files, I am an expert on Wife Murders (both murders comitted by, and upon, wives). As such, i feel confident in declaring that Carole Baskin 100,000% killed the poo poo out of her husband. Though she probably didn't feed him to the tigers, gators are a much simpler and more ubiquitous solution in Florida.

She is also still the second best tiger person on the show, slightly behind Literal Coke Lord.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

also he clearly didn't just disappear himself as she got all the money. he'd have certainly taken/cleared it out if he was going to just go into hiding

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nobody thinks he's alive they just think he wasn't murdered

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Untrustable posted:

My husband is a gun guy and after watching the documentary, his reaction was "all of these people are a walking advertisement for gun control"

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Pick posted:

Nobody thinks he's alive they just think he wasn't murdered

Sounds like something a Carole would say

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

independently wealthy woman with macabre animal collection?

maybe pick IS Carol

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

hawowanlawow posted:

independently wealthy woman with macabre animal collection?

maybe pick IS Carol

:fry:

Untrustable posted:

There's a front page??!

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
Wouldnt it have been really trivial for the documentary makers to verify whether Anne McQueen really had embezzled $600,000 from Don Lewis and that Wendell guy really had scammed him and establish whether they had a vested interest in claiming that Carole Baskin had killed him? Like, Baskin provides a conservatorship case as evidence that those things happened. Trying to read it makes my eyes cross but it seems to support her claim.

Seems like lovely work on the docu makers' part to use those people to support that theory if they had personal reasons to lie or exaggerate.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's more reality TV than a documentary since it's not like they consulted outside experts on the topics it covered (particularly animal abuse).

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
I mean, yeah. They didnt even mention the cub deaths that Joe was investigated for, and even I knew about that going in. I was disappointed it didn't get brought up.

Edit: its a peta link, but at least its something that isn't Big Cat Rescue talking about the 23 cubs that died.

Also holy gently caress dont read further than the top bit in that link if you're squeamish:

"In one gruesome attack, a lion named Julie’s front leg was torn off and eaten by two tigers. She ripped out the stitches in her stump and was given nothing for the pain."

Holy gently caress Joe Exotic is a loving monster. And that Tim Stark rear end in a top hat that partnered with Jeff Lowe declaws his cubs wtf.

Lysistrata has a new favorite as of 22:35 on Apr 2, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't want em to scratch up the furniture I guess.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Tiger King is the trashiest documentary I've ever seen, but it's entertaining as hell, especially with how it plays with how people psychologically "rank" bad people. So Joe's bad, but the guy with a sex cult is worse, right? And then they kind of hit everybody else, the drug lord, the con man, the sleazy strip club owner, until you're starting to put Joe at the bottom of the list, and then you're thinking of him as this doofy idiot who's egotistical, but he's not evil, and then it slams you with the fact that he invited the mother of his late husband to his wedding as the only guest shortly after her son killed himself just to make it seem like she had given him her blessing. And you remember that Joe Exotic is a loving lunatic with no morals whatsoever, who threw his own mother under the bus to feed his ego.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

pookel posted:

My husband is a gun guy and after watching the documentary, his reaction was "all of these people are a walking advertisement for gun control"

Joe: What kinda show is this? *Fires revolver right next to cameraman's head*

Joe: That's my mother in law *fires shotgun at her feet and above her head*

Joe, being dragged by a tiger: You fuckin bitch! *Fires gun in random directions to scare tigers away*

Travis: A Ruger won't fire without a magazine! *Executes self in front of Joe's campaign manager*

That documentary is proof that permitless carry should have never been signed into law in Oklahoma.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I’m just still blown away that all these years I had no idea there is a not-insignificant number of women and men who will have sex with you for no other reason than you having access to a baby tiger.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/70Ceeks/status/1245809142146781184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

letthereberock posted:

I’m just still blown away that all these years I had no idea there is a not-insignificant number of women and men who will have sex with you for no other reason than you having access to a baby tiger.

I mean, poo poo, if I had known that was an option. There was a time in my life when I might or might not have had sex with people for no other reason than their access to drugs. Baby tigers are even cooler.