Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

While you were all the way on the other side of the terminal, stuffing your face with diet gum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jet Jaguar posted:

Watching San Francisco International and boy is this film brown.

That's just what the air looked like in 1970

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Mr. Woodruff looks like a roll-on deodorant.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jet Jaguar posted:

Watching San Francisco International and boy is this film brown.

The sequence with Parnell Roberts talking Davey through landing a plane is so great. But it won’t keep him past the pilot.

“By the way, sir, Lloyd Bridges is replacing you when we go to series.”

it’s authentic 1970s nicotine yellow

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Speaking of, does anyone know where a person could watch the unadulterated version of San Francisco International? I’ve been able to find almost all MST3K movies on YouTube in one form or another, but that one in particular seems to be Google-proof.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Vinegar Syndrome needs to release it uncut in 4k

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Made-for-TV Hippie is such an accurate description. It’s like the Platonic Ideal.

The answer, my friend, is blow it out your rear end.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

The answer, my friend, is blow it out your rear end.

Hey man - you’re outta sight

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well like there's playin' it y'know and... then there's playing it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

She is made-for-TV-movie pretty.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Vinegar Syndrome needs to release it uncut in 4k

Many people have been saying this!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of TV movies, I forgot that there's more trucking adventure in "Riding with Death".

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Davey's up there!

That's right honey, because he's the flying boy! :haw:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm gonna shave my back!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If you paint the walls brown, get brown carpet, wear all brown and yellow, and drive brown cars, no one can tell that everything is stained with cigarette smoke

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sash! posted:

If you paint the walls brown, get brown carpet, wear all brown and yellow, and drive brown cars, no one can tell that everything is stained with cigarette smoke

God, this was the answer, wasn't it?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My airport.

My way.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dawgstar posted:

My airport.

My way.

Mylanta.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
go back to your piddling congress, I have an airport to run

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Insert Tab A into B movie!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Splint Chesthair posted:

Speaking of, does anyone know where a person could watch the unadulterated version of San Francisco International? I’ve been able to find almost all MST3K movies on YouTube in one form or another, but that one in particular seems to be Google-proof.

I found an eBay listing. Some dude has a DVD-R for $20. I assume they got the files somewhere, so it’s floating out there somewhere on the internets.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Insert Tab A into B movie!

It looks like he’s punching out of the movie.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

zoux posted:

Speaking of TV movies, I forgot that there's more trucking adventure in "Riding with Death".

Help help, they hijacked me again!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So, do the Jesuits carry guns?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Raskolnikov38 posted:

There's a thick, yellow stain on my back brace...

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Hey, it's That Guy I Saw In A Show But Never Learned His Name Frank Converse

Thanks, friend.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bup bup bup dah dah?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

These are not toys!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't go up there, you'll turn into a toy!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This set was at least three box tops.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Special effects by Billy!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Oh, this must be a massive organization, to throw away a $1.50 helicopter!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

God, this was the answer, wasn't it?

It had to have been part of it, but there was also a rejection of the brighter and softer colors in the 50s and 60s. They just really overcorrected from torquise sedans into prune colored muscle cars

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Nicotine stains just compliment earth tones naturally

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
I wonder how San Francisco International Airport relates to the big airport and disaster movies trends of the 70s. It seems perfectly timed and yet it was short-lived and is even more forgotten than the rest of its disaster movie and NBC Mystery Movie relatives. Airport came out in May of 1970, made $100 million off a $10 million budget, and was followed by Airport 1975, Airport '77, and The Concorde... Airport '79. San Francisco International Airport premiered in September of 1970 and its seven episode original run ended in December of the same year. It was probably inspired by the same 1968 novel that Airport was based on. Was San Francisco International Airport just a little too early or too late? Did the constraints of television keep San Fran from matching the spectacle needed for the airport disaster genre?

After the pilot Pernell Roberts was replaced in the lead role with Lloyd Bridges. Did this influence the casting of Bridges in Airplane! (1980)? Surely audiences would have understood Airplane! as a parody of the recent genre, but would they have remembered that Bridges had been part of its start a decade earlier?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Avocado; Harvest Gold

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Yes, it's Manos, the Hands of Fate.

Just as I tune into the YouTube stream, gently caress let's do this

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Twinkie Czar posted:

I wonder how San Francisco International Airport relates to the big airport and disaster movies trends of the 70s. It seems perfectly timed and yet it was short-lived and is even more forgotten than the rest of its disaster movie and NBC Mystery Movie relatives.

It was almost certainly an experiment in "Can we do Airport as a weekly series...and mostly about what's happening on the ground, to save money?" My guess would be that, as a non-cop, non-hospital procedural, it just didn't catch with viewers in the 6 episodes it was allotted as a wheel series - and it definitely didn't help that it was up against Hawaii Five-0 on Wednesday nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

San Francisco International lasted longer than it's spinoff: Postal Inspector.