Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/04/silicon-valley-security-robot-beat-up-in-parking-lot-police-say/

How did you like Mountain View, WhyteRyce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

thats fair. I just really expected OKC to do a better job scoring with the bigs rotation they have and the fact that Houston plays small as hell usually. Taj posted up Ariza on one possession tonight and walked right through him, then never did again if I remember right. Nene and Capela have their moments but neither are particularly imposing inside.

I was worried about Houston inside before the series, the rebounding (other than game 1) was as bad as I expected, but Nene really played an incredible series. Nene went 28/33 from the field in the series :stare: (and I know at least 2 of those misses were throw it up shots with the shot clock expiring)

Isn't Nene known for putting up strong FG in general, though? Stack that with the fact that OKC has zero competent defensive bigs, plus the fact that I'm pretty sure your uncle could post up Kanter in particular, and it's not too hard to figure out.

Plus, Houston are aces when it comes to moving the ball despite having some dudes who have never met a FG attempt they didn't like.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If okc hits more shots in the 4th in game 2 and 4 we don't have this discussion. That's all this series went down to

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

shirts and skins posted:

Cross posting!

Happy Supersonics Day everyone!!!!

ABA always had the best uniforms.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Kanter and Adams both really disappointed for the series.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't Nene known for putting up strong FG in general, though? Stack that with the fact that OKC has zero competent defensive bigs, plus the fact that I'm pretty sure your uncle could post up Kanter in particular, and it's not too hard to figure out.

Plus, Houston are aces when it comes to moving the ball despite having some dudes who have never met a FG attempt they didn't like.

sure but not 85% strong. Anyway he just had a really good series.

and yeah agree Metapod, series was all about the 4th quarters really.

Looking forward, the Rockets really need to start hitting outside shots again and stop taking the first 10 minutes of the game off. Ariza and Anderson were absolutely atrocious this whole series from the field. They' didn't really play great at all aside from the 2nd half of game 1, and were juuuuuuust barely good enough to win the other games. To an extent OKC was defending the outside shot well(which was really because Robinson could stick on Harden and the rest of the team didn't have to help), but part of it was just missing shots they usually make. Please stop bricking 3s, Trevor and Ryan.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

illcendiary posted:

There's nothing cool or good about PBev, in fact he is dumb and bad

Bev owns and you're wrong

G-Hawk posted:

sure but not 85% strong. Anyway he just had a really good series.

and yeah agree Metapod, series was all about the 4th quarters really.

Looking forward, the Rockets really need to start hitting outside shots again and stop taking the first 10 minutes of the game off. Ariza and Anderson were absolutely atrocious this whole series from the field. They' didn't really play great at all aside from the 2nd half of game 1, and were juuuuuuust barely good enough to win the other games. To an extent OKC was defending the outside shot well(which was really because Robinson could stick on Harden and the rest of the team didn't have to help), but part of it was just missing shots they usually make. Please stop bricking 3s, Trevor and Ryan.

Thank god for the Sweet Lou trade

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Victor Oladipo is signed for $21 million a year for the next 4 years.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Watching Russ brick the Thunder out of yet another game was so fulfilling

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

Watching Russ brick the Thunder out of yet another game was so fulfilling

That's something a loser says.

Your team won.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Jota posted:

It's a better points per shot than Westbrook averaged during the regular season and isn't something you'd be bragging about

Tae posted:

According to ESPN stats, Beverly as the primary defender on Westbrook held him to like 7-27 shooting.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 26, 2017

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

leftist heap posted:

ohhhhhhhhhhh no

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

That's something a loser says.

Your team won.

My team's player lost the MVP so it's valid

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Doc Rivers has to be the most overrated coach in NBA history. God I hope Chris leaves LA and/or Doc gets loving fired.

I hope Utah wins game 6, I see it as a mercy killing. Furthermore the Warriors will absolutely coast to the WCF either way.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 26, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I still believe in dipo :colbert:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
ISOOOOO JOEEEEEEEE

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

ISOOOOO JOEEEEEEEE

Glad somebody's loving happy. God I hate Doc Rivers.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

I still believe in dipo :colbert:

I really, really don't, but we'll see what next season brings. He did not really look good this series.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
cobra kai loses again

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Doc Rivers has to be the most overrated coach in NBA history. God I hope Chris leaves LA and/or Doc gets loving fired.

I hope Utah wins game 6, I see it as a mercy killing. Furthermore the Warriors will absolutely coast to the WCF either way.

you think they'll crush the jazz that easily?

i mean, yes, the warriors are really in a league of their own, but the jazz play great defense and seem to have good shooters, plus a dominant center so they can overplay the 3 line. i think the season record was 2-1, but i don't know if that 1 came late during rest

we'll see :shrug:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hmmm, might have to rethink kicking Knightman every time I pass by him at the game

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

RaySmuckles posted:

you think they'll crush the jazz that easily?

i mean, yes, the warriors are really in a league of their own, but the jazz play great defense and seem to have good shooters, plus a dominant center so they can overplay the 3 line. i think the season record was 2-1, but i don't know if that 1 came late during rest

we'll see :shrug:

GS against Utah is going to be great to watch. If Utah shoots well from three they'll be a legitimate threat

Edit: looking forward to Joe Johnson isos vs Draymond...Gobert vs McGee will be ugly

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 26, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ballmer looked like he was going to fire someone after the game but maybe he'll feel better if he just gets that cupcake.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

leftist heap posted:

Thunder win with Dion Waiters in his spot. Carlisle was right.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Dexo posted:

I dunno holding a superstar to 47 points on 34 shots is pretty good. And that's assuming Beverly was the one on him when he scored all the points.

If OKC as a team scored at that rate on their 91 shots they'd have 125 points.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
In hindsight, the Thunder should have tried to sign Harrison Barnes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So 100% serious question, is there any chance CP3 goes to the Spurs? God I hope that happens.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So 100% serious question, is there any chance CP3 goes to the Spurs? God I hope that happens.

Uh...no

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Joking aside I'm not saying Westbrook is doing anything wrong. I love watching him play for the most part, and I would also vote him MVP.

But I think Beverly kinda has a point when it comes to holding him to 7-21 or whatever he held him to.

It's like all those dudes winning Finals MVP off the strength of holding Lebron to like 35/8/8.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think Griffin is more likely to leave the Clippers than Paul. He would be a great fit for the Celtics.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes but it would require Pop to cut ties in a way I don't think he'd really do.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

no

they can't afford him, already have tony who they have absolute loyalty to so they can't push him out

its like pau before he went to the bulls. its an obvious choice, but just won't happen

believe me, i'd LOVE to see CP3 in a spurs jersey. but they can't make it happen

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Well I've heard people talk about that being Chris's most likely destination if he leaves LA, and unless they fire Doc Chris won't ever win poo poo in LA.

Well fair enough on the responses all. I don't know enough about cap space and all that to really speak to stuff like that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Really OKC should've been the ones to trade for Lou Williams.

And to hedge of the LOL BUT RUSS WOULDN'T PASS TO HIM posts, dude got his shot attempts playing next to Kobe, I'm pretty sure he could do it with Russ too.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If the Spurs steal a point guard, isn't George Hill the most likely candidate?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Derrick Rose is gonna be the Spurs new PG.

Quality Front Office Man Isiah Thomas said so.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

can't afford him now either

they have to wait until at least after next season when they can get rid of (or renegotiate) aldridge, pau, and tony (tony might have 3 years left, but in reality will probably retire before that, though he says he wants to play until 40 so renegotiation after 3 is likely and he'll come off the bench)

plus they need to resign patty and will also probably resign dedmon (though maybe not)

edit: spurs have virtually no cap space or wiggle room. there is very little they can do

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Okay so if Chris doesn't go to SA, what IS his most likely non-LA destination?

I'm 100% fully aware there's next to no way he leaves LA, but humor me.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Rick posted:

Really OKC should've been the ones to trade for Lou Williams.

And to hedge of the LOL BUT RUSS WOULDN'T PASS TO HIM posts, dude got his shot attempts playing next to Kobe, I'm pretty sure he could do it with Russ too.

the funny thing is probably at least 10 playoff teams needed a Lou Williams type player more than the Rockets did, they basically just decided why have one great 6th man when you can have two? Turns out great scorers aren't really redundant. Its really hard to believe no one offered something better than Brewer and a late 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Spacebump posted:

He's only a year younger than Paul and I don't think he's going to be cheaper, I think he's about as likely as getting Paul.

RaySmuckles posted:

edit: spurs have virtually no cap space or wiggle room. there is very little they can do

I'm not super up on CBA stuff, but they can trade Pau right?

It would require Pop to be callous in a way he's not shown himself to be, so I don't think it will ever happen.

• Locked thread