Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
let’s see, does brexit still mean brexit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Woodchip posted:

let’s see, does brexit still mean brexit?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

you'll all be thinking that when Chairman Corbyn is in charge of the UK

I want my dinner egg

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose posted:

you'll all be thinking that when Chairman Corbyn is in charge of the UK

lol may's staying in til 2022

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thanks for all the flashbacks to all the times I came on the face of a liberal in my sleazebag years

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

gently, johnny

my jiggalo

I liked how the policeman got roasted at the end because he didn't want to bang the inn keeper's hot daughter..

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol may's staying in til 2022

the one advantage to that is all the kids who were on that climate march will be eligible to vote then and things will be bad enough it'll be a massive landslide

its extremely questionable that Corbyn could even win a majority let alone one that would give him the numbers needed to enact most of his plans without being wrecked by right wing labour MPs if there was one in the very near future

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yesterday I tried stocking up on British supplies for the Brexit but then I realized that the only thing Brittan makes that I know about is Cheddar and

A) I don't like cheddar(it looks and tastes like old socks smell)
B) the cheddar in the supermarket wasn't even made in Brittain

So I'm ready now. My soul and body are ready for no deal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Opferwurst posted:

Yesterday I tried stocking up on British supplies for the Brexit but then I realized that the only thing Brittan makes that I know about is Cheddar and

A) I don't like cheddar(it looks and tastes like old socks smell)
B) the cheddar in the supermarket wasn't even made in Brittain

So I'm ready now. My soul and body are ready for no deal

Wensleydale?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Jose posted:

the one advantage to that is all the kids who were on that climate march will be eligible to vote then and things will be bad enough it'll be a massive landslide

its extremely questionable that Corbyn could even win a majority let alone one that would give him the numbers needed to enact most of his plans without being wrecked by right wing labour MPs if there was one in the very near future

a lot of those kids will have to go through their obnoxious libertarian phase first

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

baked beans
Yorkshire tea
err

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Bovril.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Unused monty python scripts

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sorry I don't know what any of these words mean

Now that I think about it, the only British product in my life is a barclaycard account and they moved that business and my account to Frankfurt last year due to Brexit and I'm also gonna close it soon anyway. What does Britain even make?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Opferwurst posted:

Now that I think about it, the only British product in my life is a barclaycard account and they moved that business and my account to Frankfurt last year due to Brexit and I'm also gonna close it soon anyway. What does Britain even make?

Bovril and pedophilia

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mikojan posted:

a lot of those kids will have to go through their obnoxious libertarian phase first

I'm pretty sure that's old poo poo no one cares about now. All the vocal libertarians just went fash or crypto-fash by now.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm pretty sure that's old poo poo no one cares about now. All the vocal libertarians just went fash or crypto-fash by now.

let me tell you as a teacher: a lot of those kids will have to go through their obnoxious libertarian phase first

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think the impending climate doom might stop the libertarian phase

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Opferwurst posted:

Cars, aeroplanes, satellites, pharmaceuticals mainly. Y'know, industries that are completely integrated into the EU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tarbrush posted:

Cars, aeroplanes, satellites, pharmaceuticals mainly. Y'know, industries that are completely integrated into the EU

lol

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/14/enders-airbus-has-spent-tens-of-millions-on-brexit-preparations.html

quote:

The outgoing CEO of European plane maker Airbus has said the firm is continuing to spend millions to prepare for the effects of Britain's exit from the European Union.

Airbus shares are soaring after the aerospace firm revealed stronger-than-anticipated fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday, projected higher profits for 2019 and announced it will end production of its A380 jet after years of poor sales.

Every wing on Airbus commercial aircraft is designed and manufactured in the UK. The wider firm generates £6 billion ($7.7 billion) of turnover in the UK and has more than 14,000 employees.

Speaking to CNBC on Thursday Tom Enders, CEO of Airbus refused to divulge the exact cost of Brexit preparations but admitted it was in the tens of millions.

"It is a significant double-digit million amount of money and certainly rising, so this not peanuts," Enders said.

Airbus has previously said it spends in excess of £5 billion across more than 4,000 U.K. suppliers. Enders told CNBC on Thursday that the firm was upping its inventory to get past any Brexit "turmoil."

The CEO added that while it didn't make current economic sense to relocate out of the U.K., Brexit could impact future operations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

We got rid of all our industries in the last fit of right wing pique

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hentai Jihadist posted:

We got rid of all our industries in the last fit of right wing pique

brexit will finish what Thatcher started

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Mouldy jams vs. glowing 1000 degree spoon

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1096857239032336384?s=19

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
an entire fleet of Crime Planes ready to ship british criminals to exile in the EU

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

logikv9 posted:

an entire fleet of Crime Planes ready to ship british criminals to exile in the EU

Sorry, Paul Manafort already stole them all

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol the UK has a party call dup

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lmao does this swiss ski holiday motherfucker understand that the very fact that he can pass between countries without a hard boarder is freedom of movement which is exactly what the racists in the UK are attempting to eliminate at all costs? I'm beginning to think that a large number of people are either very stupid or have something to gain through brexit...

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the children should be american flags cheering the brits on to represent this thread

It should be a bunch of former colonies.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Taintrunner posted:

thanks for all the flashbacks to all the times I came on the face of a liberal in my sleazebag years

uh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

logikv9 posted:

The EU should just paradrop all their convicted felons in to the UK after Brexit to create a Mad Max like wonderland.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Or maybe just rip off the whole Akrham City concept.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

So which terrorist group are they gonna revive when the referendum votes NI into the Republic?
UDA? Or UVF?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Taintrunner has Definitely Had Sex, and you should be impressed

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Haha the leaver comments on that story. Airline trouble making money since 2015 = not brexit's fault it can't find euro contracts for next year.

I will never tire of the self-owns entertainment industry.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1097117551010693121

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Grape posted:

So which terrorist group are they gonna revive when the referendum votes NI into the Republic?
UDA? Or UVF?

"revive"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I hope Brexit won't impact importation of Ribena. I need it for my gin and tonics.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

I hope Brexit won't impact importation of Ribena. I need it for my gin and tonics.

try mouldy jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ignoring everything else about that post she absolutely despises welfare and thinks that its led to poor people not working hard enough to escape poverty lol. she is absolutely not a liberal