Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
is this press conference coming from a mirror universe or what

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ixjuvin posted:

is this press conference coming from a mirror universe or what

Trump literally cannot face reality because of his serious personality disorder, so yes.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

Uhm Trump is supposed to speak live today at 1:10pm ET holy gently caress

What happened to this? e: nevermind found it

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

VitalSigns posted:

Apparently it's pretty common for people who regret their vote to lie about who they voted for when asked.

Why do so many people say they voted for the president when they didn't?

So rather than look for a decline in Trump's approval ratings among Trump voters or among Republicans, it's better to look at how many people admit they voted for Trump or admit to being Republicans.

I know this is from pages ago, but I said it before that you can expect in 12 years time there will be people who openly supported Trump claiming that they never voted for him. It will be one of those cases where no-one will have admitted to voting/supporting him.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

What happened to this? e: nevermind found it

He's speaking right now. I'm watching on WaPo's homepage.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

How stupid could you be, to trust Alex Jones? To think that this would somehow bolster your career?

I don't see how this especially harms Jones OR Kelly, it's a ton of free publicity for both of them. Hell, they probably agreed on it in advance. People keep saying Jones is a nut simply because nutty words come out of his mouth but he can turn that poo poo on and off at will.

Similarly, Kelly smashed her contract with Fox, drove off with a giant truckload of settlement money, rubbed it in with an immediate book publication ("Settle For More") and moved over to a much healthier news outlet in a prime time slot. She's scum but she plays her cards pretty well :shrug:

PS also good Lord she's hot omg

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Someone in DC need a lawyer?!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Oh god he's trying to do an accent.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He sounds weird today. I feel like he's likely to go off script at any second.

A free Cuba? is he threatening to overthrow the cuban government? :psyduck:

if I didn't know better I'd say he's had a few drinks.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone applaud their own speech before!

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
I'd like to thank the fire department.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is literally everyone in the audience a paid yes-man ordered to stand up and clap after every single sentence?

why is he thanking everyone so much? Is this entire speech just meant for him to have a chance to thank everyone who came to the speech?

"I hope he runs for the senate...I know I'm not supposed to say that...." :psyduck: god drat dude

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Al Borland Corp. posted:

This is my favorite consequence of Twitter's new icon change

https://twitter.com/krystalbepsi/status/875702394083917824

This is an amazing twitter feed.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Is literally everyone in the audience a paid yes-man ordered to stand up and clap after every single sentence?

why is he thanking everyone so much? Is this entire speech just meant for him to have a chance to thank everyone who came to the speech?
What does your heart tell you?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

nachos posted:

Megyn Kelly could have "rehabilitated" herself by picking almost anyone other than Alex Jones. What in the world was she thinking?

Her first 2 interviews were Putin and Alex Jones

I don't think she cares about being "rehabilitated"

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Veterans of the Bay of Pigs? WTF. Did I hear that right?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

fishing with the fam posted:

Lmao no way

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

WTF is wrong with his skin :confused:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

have you ever seen Donald Trump

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Big thank you to the ol' fire department.

What the gently caress is he on about?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Flesh Forge posted:

Unfortunate smelting accident

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't see how this especially harms Jones OR Kelly, it's a ton of free publicity for both of them. Hell, they probably agreed on it in advance. People keep saying Jones is a nut simply because nutty words come out of his mouth but he can turn that poo poo on and off at will.

Similarly, Kelly smashed her contract with Fox, drove off with a giant truckload of settlement money, rubbed it in with an immediate book publication ("Settle For More") and moved over to a much healthier news outlet in a prime time slot. She's scum but she plays her cards pretty well :shrug:

She's also in an open marriage, really settling for more

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"I hope he runs for the senate...I know I'm not supposed to say that...." :psyduck: god drat dude

He's thanking them so much because these rallies are his heroin and he needs them so goddamn bad to keep at being an awful president.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Flesh Forge posted:

Its great for Jones. Any mainstream platform is good for him because he's fringe (which is the entire point of the anger towards Kelly giving him this) and he doesn't care about how bad his stuff makes him sound because that's his whole schtick.

Its bad for Kelly. How bad remains to be seen but her show has tanked in the ratings so far and not only is this a PR mess for NBC but they've lost advertisers and gotten sued over it. Kelly probably will get more rope to hang herself but there's a lot less than she's used to on Fox.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Madkal posted:

I know this is from pages ago, but I said it before that you can expect in 12 years time there will be people who openly supported Trump claiming that they never voted for him. It will be one of those cases where no-one will have admitted to voting/supporting him.

That's why I'm so thankful for social media

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
What loving year does he think it is

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

YOU WATCHED NUNS GET BEATEN AND BLOODIED (hesitant applause)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fishing with the fam posted:

Only if you also heard the raucous applause to it. Reality was checked at the door.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
For fucks sake, CASTRO IS DEAD YOU DUMB gently caress

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Is this just a joke?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Gonna ask again: Isn't Jones liable to heavy lawsuits for leaking this stuff? NBC is pretty drat stupid if he can get away with this scot free, the man who apologized to yogurt.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Gortarius posted:

Is this just a joke?

nah it's the Trump presidency

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I didn't know Trump liberated Cuba. Learn something new every day.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Gortarius posted:

Is this just a joke?

Yes. Unfortunately its not a dream

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ixjuvin posted:

have you ever seen Donald Trump

His skin looks much worse than I remember, his forehead and chin are covered with zits :gonk:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
there's a 100% chance he bitches about the investigation at some point, right?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

His skin looks much worse than I remember, his forehead and chin are covered with zits :gonk:

Urine is not good for your skin

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
COMMUNIST OPPRESSION

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Trump: a voice against repression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nerdz posted:

Gonna ask again: Isn't Jones liable to heavy lawsuits for leaking this stuff? NBC is pretty drat stupid if he can get away with this scot free, the man who apologized to yogurt.

He's leaking audio of private conversations he had with Megyn Kelly. It might be illegal to record her without her knowing or something (but we have no idea if she knew or didn't) but I don't see what NBC could sue over. He's not leaking stolen footage of his interview or something.

• Locked thread