Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Medullah posted:

To be fair, the biggest problem with the use of Hallelejuah in Watchman is WHEN it was used.

Yeah, it's such a loving cliche to use it for a sex scene, but didn't the original comic have the lyrics on the page for that same scene?

Edit: Oh and Rhyno, I was just trying to make a joke about it being me who punched you. though we've never actually met in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it's such a loving cliche to use it for a sex scene, but didn't the original comic have the lyrics on the page for that same scene?

Edit: Oh and Rhyno, I was just trying to make a joke about it being me who punched you. though we've never actually met in real life.

Nah there's no implication of music for that scene in the comics. I always read it's use as a joke. I mean the scene has a punchline where the owl ship cums.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I understood the joke!

Many people want to punch me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

After Watchmen (the film) came out i complained about the terrible Hallelujah cover, only for it to be pointed out to me the movie featured Leonard Cohen's original version.

I could have sworn it was the John Cale version? (Which is the one everyone is covering. Yes even Buckley)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I could have sworn it was the John Cale version? (Which is the one everyone is covering. Yes even Buckley)

If true then I'm owed an apology from like 20 people in the CineD Comic Book Movie thread from 12 years ago.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Skwirl posted:

If true then I'm owed an apology from like 20 people in the CineD Comic Book Movie thread from 12 years ago.

The soundtrack (per IMDB and wiki) says it's the Leonard Cohen version.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
According to the soundtrack album, it was the original, which is bizarre to me, because it's like picking the Dylan version of All Along The Watchtower. Yes, it's the original, but it's not the version anyone thinks of.

e:f;b

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

I understood the joke!

Many people want to punch POWER PUNCH me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

According to the soundtrack album, it was the original, which is bizarre to me, because it's like picking the Dylan version of All Along The Watchtower. Yes, it's the original, but it's not the version anyone thinks of.

e:f;b

It's the version I think of, and I kind of actively hate every other version if it I've heard other than it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I understood the joke!

Not surprising really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I understood the joke!

Well yeah have you met you?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have to LIVE with me man.

Thought about doing way worse than punching.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jameela Jamil has been cast as Titania for the season villain of She-Hulk.

https://gizmodo.com/jameela-jamil-joins-she-hulk-as-the-villain-1847075206

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

RevKrule posted:

A sexy giraffe is an interesting direction for the character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

After Watchmen (the film) came out i complained about the terrible Hallelujah cover, only for it to be pointed out to me the movie featured Leonard Cohen's original version.

Reminds me of the goons saying Yvonne Strahovski's Australian accent in one episode of Chuck sounded too fake.

Or the goons saying Chloe Frazer's Australian accent sounded too fake in Uncharted.

...maybe Australian goons just don't know what they sound like.

Medullah posted:

To be fair, the biggest problem with the use of Hallelejuah in Watchman is WHEN it was used.

He also said it was a song important to him and his daughter which is just loving weird.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

He also said it was a song important to him and his daughter which is just loving weird.

Is that the daughter that committed suicide?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, though Watchmen was before that of course.

It came up in interviews because he used it again in Justice League.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RevKrule posted:

drat that's a good casting.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i wonder if they're gonna have titania change on command like jen does then

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, Titania in the comics is just 'real buff lady'.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah that's why i'm wondering if she's gonna change on command cuz have you seen jameela

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

yeah that's why i'm wondering if she's gonna change on command cuz have you seen jameela

Have you seen Kumail Nanjiani in Eternals?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't know anything about the guy, was he jameela's size beforehand

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a show filled with CGI green monsters so I don't really have a problem with Titania being CGI too.

site posted:

i don't know anything about the guy, was he jameela's size beforehand

She was scrawny and let Doc Doom experiment on her to give her power to push back on people. That's her on the right.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yes i know all this and i'm not saying it's bad, i'm saying change on command because in the comics titania is always jacked, afaik in the comics it's not something she can switch in and out of

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, that's my bad. I didn't realize you were asking about Kumail. I'm an idiot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Kumail was a scrawny nerd, yes, and then Marvel got him HGH one of their trainers and he's ripped.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gaz-L posted:

Kumail was a scrawny nerd, yes, and then Marvel got him HGH one of their trainers and he's ripped.

their trainer Herman...Grosse...uh...Hormone

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you had a Twitter there was a day where a good 70% of your feed was nothing but riffs on the same photo of Kumail looking like his bones were about to explode out of his face

Sgt. Rock
Jun 7, 2001

Look at me! I'm whacked outta my fuckin' Brain on Whiskey!
Oh jeez, I hope the Sandman Netflix series is good.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Aphrodite posted:

Reminds me of the goons saying Yvonne Strahovski's Australian accent in one episode of Chuck sounded too fake.

Or the goons saying Chloe Frazer's Australian accent sounded too fake in Uncharted.

...maybe Australian goons just don't know what they sound like.
Honestly, yeah, actual Aussie accents sound weird in movies etc when there are a lot of Americans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Rock posted:

Oh jeez, I hope the Sandman Netflix series is good.

Holy gently caress you're alive.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bruceski posted:

*monkey's paw curls*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FnOY86v390

As Country goes it's not bad, but that song with that mood feels like an energy vacuum. I'm waiting for something that doesn't come.

That version is alright, but what if that song was made in the eighties?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=tVkc6UF1mzI

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gaz-L posted:

I can't see Jamil doing the same kind of body transformation, she's been pretty vocal about body positivity. Her getting a Buff Marvel Makeover would be extremely out of character. I figure they're just going to make her Super Strong with no overt muscularity.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
I think one if the appeals from a production perspective is that a character like titania has super strength, one of the easiest and cheapest powers to do in terms of sfx, and not a weird power that would require a budget, like transforming and poo poo

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

cant cook creole bream posted:

That version is alright, but what if that song was made in the eighties?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=tVkc6UF1mzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_HjMIjzyMU

Everyone knows the best version of this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Modok continues to have the most Xmen referances out of anything made since the Disney acquisition.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

twistedmentat posted:

Modok continues to have the most Xmen referances out of anything made since the Disney acquisition.

People are enjoying modok? It was really difficult for me to find anything to enjoy about this show

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Modok is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I laughed once in the first episode and didn't go back.