Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently there is a new 58 page chapbook in the fanflow, which may explain a significant amount of the delays between strips.

It's a lot of little sketches and one off thoughts. It's pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Guess who is shelling out THREE DOLLARS again.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
There is also a second, 40 page chapbook. More doodles and random thoughts, mostly about how awful medical dramas are.

They are pretty awful if you think about it.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
They are terrible, and a terrible peek into his life.
However, my wife is just as stupid when it comes to toilet paper and no explanation of the situation can correct that.

Boy Named Sue
Apr 19, 2003

YARRRRRR!!!
So wait, we get the High School storyline which goes on for a bit, and then there is a hiatus in which goons complain about the lack of updates. (And rightfully so.)

Then Onstad starts to update again, releases several large and entertaining Fanflow updates and yet goons are STILL complaining because "RAAARGGGH FINISH THE STORY, MY PRECIOUS CONTINUITY!!!"

It's a miracle Onstad even consider posted on SA in the first place.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
GOONS! :argh: What right do you have to complain on the Internet?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Boy Named Sue posted:

Then Onstad starts to update again, releases several large and entertaining Fanflow updates and yet goons are STILL complaining because "RAAARGGGH FINISH THE STORY, MY PRECIOUS CONTINUITY!!!"

I don't give a poo poo about continuity OR the fanflow, all I want is a regular update schedule, or just a quick "hey guys having some Things happen so updates are scarce".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Boy Named Sue posted:

and yet goons are STILL complaining

And they always will, about everything. FOREVER!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

rotinaj posted:

Man, look.

I know raging hard cat cock is tempting. I'm tempted. But Onstad's moved on. I've moved on. Maybe... Maybe it's time that you moved on too.

Moved on from the cat cock.

Dunno about you guys but I don't even see it as "cat cock", I just see it as "cock". Similarly I'm often not seeing the characters as "oh hey Roast Beef THE CAT, isn't it funny that A CAT is being depressed", it's just "oh hey Roast Beef and Ray are driving down a highway talking about asleep-style".

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It is occasionally easy to forget that Achewood is ostensibly about a bunch of cats and a couple of bears.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Dunno about you guys but I don't even see it as "cat cock", I just see it as "cock". Similarly I'm often not seeing the characters as "oh hey Roast Beef THE CAT, isn't it funny that A CAT is being depressed", it's just "oh hey Roast Beef and Ray are driving down a highway talking about asleep-style".

Dunno about you, but cats rule.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
stuffed bears. the cats are real though

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I don't give a poo poo about continuity OR the fanflow, all I want is a regular update schedule, or just a quick "hey guys having some Things happen so updates are scarce".

Achewood's been so good for such a long time that it seems kind of unfair to rag on him when he's got financial/family troubles and slows down. imho!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I always thought of them as dogs at first, even when Onstad specifically said they were cats I looked at them and was like "no way". They look so much like dogs you guys. So much!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Maldraedior posted:

stuffed bears. the cats are real though

Lyle is a stuffed Tiger, he is the Achewood missing link.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Nah, he dropped the stuffed part. They're just actual bears etc now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

robot roll call posted:

Really? does make sense when you think about it.

The real question here is, what exactly is a Commodore?

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

robot roll call posted:

He did? When?

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Android Blues posted:

Achewood's been so good for such a long time that it seems kind of unfair to rag on him when he's got financial/family troubles and slows down. imho!

When did he say that was what was up? I thought he never said anything so I just assumed he was summering in Europe

SeanBeansShako posted:

Really? does make sense when you think about it.

how?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm pretty sure the bears are still stuffed bears, isn't the whole point supposed to be they're cats and stuffed toys and a drug addicted squirrel?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

stupid ugly retard posted:

how?

Toy bears don't really need to worry about needing to eat/getting laid/paying the rent/dying alone/their confused sexuality.

But yeah, I just see the Achewood characters as Ray and Mr Bear. Known them for so many years now.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Toy bears don't really need to worry about needing to eat/getting laid/paying the rent/dying alone/their confused sexuality.

You only THINK they don't. Really, they're more human than we are.

Except Philippe. He's going to be 5 forever.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Jerusalem posted:

I'm pretty sure the bears are still stuffed bears, isn't the whole point supposed to be they're cats and stuffed toys and a drug addicted squirrel?

New theory: Todd is the only actual sentient being. He is hallucinating everything that happens in his drugfucked state.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

But yeah, I just see the Achewood characters as Ray and Mr Bear. Known them for so many years now.

Yeah, while I "know" that they're cats/stuffed bears/stuffed tigers/stuffed otters/squirrels etc I don't ever think of them with that qualifier, they're just Beef, Ray, Cornelius, Teodor, Pat etc.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Cobweb Heart posted:

New theory: Todd is the only actual sentient being. He is hallucinating everything that happens in his drugfucked state.

Onstad pulls a Newhart, fans suicide.

StealthStealth
Aug 28, 2007

dogs eatin' cake

Cobweb Heart posted:

Is he in rehab right now? That would explain a lot.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

stupid ugly retard posted:

When did he say that was what was up? I thought he never said anything so I just assumed he was summering in Europe

He didn't, so I don't know the correct of slack to be cutting here!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

He didn't, so I don't know the correct of slack to be cutting here!

They've been having a fundraiser to "keep the servers firing" since the slow updates started, and he mentioned a funeral at some point on his twitter iirc. The funds at least seem a germane issue! (i learned that word at talk like a dick school)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Android Blues posted:

They've been having a fundraiser to "keep the servers firing" since the slow updates started, and he mentioned a funeral at some point on his twitter iirc. The funds at least seem a germane issue! (i learned that word at talk like a dick school)

Android Blues, when you talk that way, I feel like I'm sitting on the nozzle of a big metal tank that says YALE.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Android Blues posted:

Putting out a tip jar and actually telling the fans what's wrong and what he needs the money for are two totally different things.

If Onstad published a thing on the achewood front page saying that he needs money because his baby needs a cowlick replacement operation post haste or something, I'd fling money furiously at him to try to fix it.

But just putting out a sign saying "Hey, you should donate maybe why not" doesn't seem too... desperate.

Aeldaar
Apr 14, 2008

Check.
but it is in character!

Roast Beef posted:

Here's a tip jar, donate or not, whatever :smith:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Aeldaar posted:

but it is in character!

That is so violently out of character for Roast Beef and you know it. Dude would just stare at the empty jelly jar for a couple of seconds, marker in his hand ready to write "tip jar", then break down and run to his little corner.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I'm diggin' these chapbooks.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Technique posted:

To be fair, "lying on the floor being depressed" is basically Beef's hobby.

The first time I saw him doing that I thought 'whoa he's in a bad way.'
Then I thought wait, he's a cat. My cats aren't depressed and they do that all the time.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dove from Above posted:

The first time I saw him doing that I thought 'whoa he's in a bad way.'
Then I thought wait, he's a cat. My cats aren't depressed and they do that all the time.

How do you know?

And don't say "Because they come up to me all happy-looking, purr and try to get me to pet them" because that may be the one shining moment of glorious happiness in their miserable, depressed, horrible lives!

Wow, this started out as a joke and now I want to hug my kitty.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is making me realise I should get some string and tease my cats with it some more too :(.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

SeanBeansShako posted:

It is making me realise I should get some string and tease my cats with it some more too :(.

Maybe Molly should try doing that with Beef. Who knows, it could help! v:shobon:v

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ashenai posted:

Maybe Molly should try doing that with Beef. Who knows, it could help! v:shobon:v

I have a sad feeling Beef would just associate the string with paralysis and not get up for another hour.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

SeanBeansShako posted:

I have a sad feeling Beef would just associate the string with paralysis and not get up for another hour.

"oh god I don't want to bat at the string, that must mean I'm dying"

Hopefully he got a refund on that Snicker Stick, but he probably just gave it to Lyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Third Chapbook up on the Fanflow - 86 pages this time.

Hooray for some guys!