Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Guys, I've found it. The lowest stakes in the world to lie about.

quote:

[Team] REDACTED: in wow my bf and i literally guided a new rp realm from birth, for years, and made it the best rp realm in the game until the fundamentals of the game massivly shifted and RP was all but killed

The opening argument of the debate this was a part of was that my djinn character has to ERP, because every djinn in CO is an ERPer.

They also claimed to have an 'RP Queue' that was quite long, enough that they literally had more RP coming at them than time in the day. Yet both times we RPed were lengthy scenes that she initiated :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
That is amazing and I hope you have more pastebin'd or such :allears:

This kind of entitled.dumb stuff I miss due to timezones.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Yes, some RPers in CO are really weird. Plenty are decent, but by and large the bad stuff really stands out.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Dinictus posted:

That is amazing and I hope you have more pastebin'd or such :allears:

This kind of entitled.dumb stuff I miss due to timezones.

I've got it saved in a Notepad file. I'll edit it for brevity/safety of identity tomorrow and you can see this majesty of debating skill.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Bluhman posted:

Gas pellets certainly isn't the only one. Aforementioned Strafing Run attack is another heinous culprit of this same mechanics exploit. There's also mines, sigils, zombies, and pets in general you can call up and have attack enemies without targets noticing you and breaking stealth. In fact, you can even combine this with a self-forcefield/damage absorb effect to even stop damage from uncovering you. If you've got a way to build energy without hitting other targets and just keep stealth on at all times, you can become an invisible damage support unit.

Of course, the novelty of this phenomenon wears off when you enter an alert and enemies can just see through your stealth by default. But at least the shielding aspect should give you a nice guaranteed shot of like 40,000 damage instantaneously.

I'm picturing a hero whose only mechanic is to stealth and summon up a horde of velociraptors.

That would be the most annoying character to fight in that zombie survival mode. If you could get a full team of them it'd make for hilarious hijinks too. Just find a niche to hide in in the circle and then have everyone stand outside it out of the zombies pathing before summoning hordes of dinosaurs. :getin:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 8, 2013

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Oh lawdy Gadgeteering is fun! I was giggling and grinning the whole time I spent leveling this character:

quote:

PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...0000FYG43KK2MGB

Name: Widget

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Marksman
Level 6: Sniper Training
Level 9: Field Ops Training
Level 12: Academics
Level 15: Coordinated
Level 18: Shooter
Level 21: Jack of All Trades

Powers:
Level 1: Sonic Blaster
Level 1: Ricochet Throw (Rank 2, Microelectronic Controllers)
Level 6: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 8: Concentration
Level 11: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3, Silent Running)
Level 14: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 17: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
Level 20: Unbreakable
Level 23: Orbital Cannon (Rank 2, Anvil of Dawn)
Level 26: Strafing Run (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
Level 32: Implosion Engine (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Pack (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Swinging

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Brush It Off (2/2)
Dexterity: Evasion (2/2)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Guardian: Make It Count (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

I have the two empty slots because I didn't want to take the boring rez/self rez, and currently have two active offense powers that I don't really need and usually forget to throw. I tried all three of the on-next-hit powers but they're apparently really buggy and the hostile effect goes on YOU instead of on targets. I guess I could take Lightning Reflexes and IDF or some poo poo I dunno.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Cleretic posted:

I've got it saved in a Notepad file. I'll edit it for brevity/safety of identity tomorrow and you can see this majesty of debating skill.

I can hardly wait.

Not as much as I can wait on Phoenix Project. Kickstarter should go live later today :woop:

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.

Flesh Forge posted:

I tried all three of the on-next-hit powers but they're apparently really buggy and the hostile effect goes on YOU instead of on targets.
I've used toxic nanites and sonic device quite a bit and never found them to be buggy. Activate them, attack enemy, profit. With custom keybinds they can become an effortless and thoughtless damage boost. What difficulties are you having with them?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Here we go. Again, edited slightly to remove boring parts, mostly the ranting while I went 'you've gotta see this' to a friend in tells. I will say this is someone who was featured on Club Caprice Bingo just recently, though I won't say who.

quote:

[Team] Idiot: the whole point of having a master in CO rp is for sexual relations, outside the game its different but here, it's pretty cut and dried
[Team] Ein Dose: Ein more or less follows her own rules. Internally consistent rules, bu not necessarily rules based on lore.
[Team] Idiot: granting wishes, having the person be your master, then hastening the wish process, counteracts and defeats the whole master thing and you did state that you wanted it to last past the three wishes
[Team] Idiot: im not talking "djinn lore", im talking RP in CO
[Team] Ein Dose: ...Aaaaaand, no. That's not how it works with me. I meant more that Ein tends to remain friends with her masters after the wishes.
[Team] Idiot: I stay friends with everyone OOC and IC when possible regardless of how much rp goes on between them, I have OOC friends I made here I dont rp with at all
[Team] Idiot: you are greatly contradicting yourself and if you will, allow me to point out how
[Team] Ein Dose: I don't believe I am, but go ahead.
[Team] Idiot: when we first met, i did send a whisper, asking about sexual preferances since most rp in CO is based on erp, wether we like it or not, i spent a great majority of my rp time in a few games doing non-
[Team] Idiot: non-erp rp, our first meeting you mentioned that Ein can shapechange, im a gal in real life, i prefer to erp with male toons but i can rp either way
[Team] Idiot: you also mentioned during our questioning on the couch that you mainly had female masters and that Ein had sexual relations with them, im not trying to push you into erp, i had four erps yesterday, i
[Team] Idiot: i can erp when ever i want and mostly with my regular rp partners which number in the dozens
[Team] Ein Dose: She can, but it's not entirely for sex. Ein's not an ERP character; it happens sometimes, but it's not a goal or anything like that.
[Team] Idiot: i understand that, I do like RP mixed in with my erp, i dont like the "walk in the door and gently caress five minutes later" stuff, to me thats bland cybersex
[Team] Idiot: thats why youll notice me avoiding 95 percent of very low lvl toons for rp, unless they have a full bio written out, and even then ill rp with them a while to see if they are worth my time
[Team] Idiot: i dont contradict myself on anything and i customize my rp to suit the tastes of others, and i have more rp than hours in the day to fulfill, thats why i have an "RP Queue"
<snip>
[Team] Idiot: i want to know what your long-term plans are if any
[Team] Ein Dose: I basically just play by the seat of my pants, see what happens, and maybe avoid things I don't like happening when I'v elearned that hey, that's not my thing.
[Team] Idiot: i request that you take some time to seriously think about how you are goign to run this toon, "by the seat of your pants' doesnt work, failing to plan is planning to fail
[Team] Ein Dose: It's worked for years so far.
[Team] Idiot: i cant argue that
[Team] Ein Dose: Ein's a CoH refugee, I had the same plan back there and it worked absolutely fine. You are literally the only person to object.
[Team] Idiot: i want to keep our doors and contacts open, im not aggressive, its more of a "poop or get off the toilet" conversation
[Team] Idiot: CoH rp isnt much to write home about
[Team] Ein Dose: And you think CO RP's any different?
[Team] Idiot: some was very good though, to be fair
[Team] Idiot: CO rp is worse actually
[Team] Idiot: the "rp seige mentality" was here from day one and there is and was nothing I could to do change it on a grand scale
[Team] Idiot: in wow my bf and i literally guided a new rp realm from birth, for years, and made it the best rp realm in the game until the fundamentals of the game massivly shifted and RP was all but killed

After that I basically just told them 'you are the worst, most offensive RPer I've met, and in addition you are an idiot with a huge ego'. They tried fake-niceties and maintaining non-sexual contact for the few minutes after that but before I ignored them.

To add to this, it should be noted that this came at the end of a do-over scene, because she angled for pointless sex fairly quickly in the first shot and I wasn't interested in that. They claimed to not be either, but the exact same thing happened the second time around. This erupted when I went 'yeah, no' to that one.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Welp.

Mind if I shoot you a message via AIM?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
CO RP: it's more a poop or get off the toilet conversation

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Guy Forget posted:

I've used toxic nanites and sonic device quite a bit and never found them to be buggy. Activate them, attack enemy, profit. With custom keybinds they can become an effortless and thoughtless damage boost. What difficulties are you having with them?

Literally I activate the on-next-hit power, attack with something like strafing run/orbital cannon, and the hostile effect goes on ME. This happened with mini drive, toxic nanites and sonic device.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Strafing run and orbital cannon are pretty weird, as is gas pellets when it interacts with those powers.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Dinictus posted:

Welp.

Mind if I shoot you a message via AIM?

Yeah, I've got no problem with that.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

HukHukHuk posted:

Strafing run and orbital cannon are pretty weird, as is gas pellets when it interacts with those powers.

The thing they all share is that they all create temporary pets to apply their effect, it's possible any such power will cause the same buggy behavior with on next hit effects.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Cuchulain posted:

CO RP: it's more a poop or get off the toilet conversation

Since rejoining the game, I have not met a single RP group or community that didn't make me want to stab myself. It's a lot like CoH/V in that regard all over again.

I'm sure there's good RPers/groups out there or even decent ones, but I keep encountering people like this and it's a little disheartening.

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 10, 2013

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TerminusEst13 posted:

Since rejoining the game, I have not met a single RP group or community that didn't make me want to stab myself. It's a lot like CoH/V in that regard all over again.

I'm sure there's good RPers/groups out there or even decent ones, but I keep encountering people like this and it's a little disheartening.
I abandoned Bio at "deliciously knit brows", I've learned that people who take the time to lovingly describe their eyebrows are bad news.

Like, "Fing Fang Foom" (http://marvel.wikia.com/Fin_Fang_Foom_%28Earth-616%29) as a Bishonen elaborating at how delicate his katana drawing fingers and beautiful his fire breathing lips are, after he lands his private jet on a rural road, to kidnap a 14 year old girl to be his bride bad.

Also if a fellow player beats a mind controlled Wolverine by simply TK lifting them, Wolverine was actually filled with instant knockout needle grenades the whole time.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I just noticed that Telepathic Reverberation triggers off of Disoriented, which is the basic status effect applied by Heavy Weapons attacks. Gonna try to make use of that because gosh Heavy Weapons is rough on you energy-wise.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

I just noticed that Telepathic Reverberation triggers off of Disoriented, which is the basic status effect applied by Heavy Weapons attacks. Gonna try to make use of that because gosh Heavy Weapons is rough on you energy-wise.

You're going to need a Telepathy power triggering on a Disoriented target, though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Flesh Forge posted:

"A bunch of Might attacks do it too. :getin:"

Quote attributed to Mighty Carl Young the giant Gorilla Telepath...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh hmm, let me check the ingame description, I thought it was not restricted to mentalist.
e: ah, what a pity!

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 10, 2013

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Not that many Might powers apply disorient, though (i.e. none of the really powerful ones). Which is a shame, because I find the prospect of a classic super-strength hero with the ability to make minds break a lot more attractive than some guy with a big sword with the power to make minds break.

Probably the best way to get it to trigger in general is to hit the target with some Ego Sprites: It's a good, consistent damage trigger that only requires a single press to apply to a wide number of enemies. Ego Blast gets special mention, because TP reverb, combined with is advantage, makes it extremely damaging - about on par with Ice Blast.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Yeah Mighty Carl has Ego Sprites with Slave Mentality. Get that fired up then punch them in the face with Haymaker and Uppercut.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Literally out of nowhere I got:

quote:

[Tell] Blonde Bombz@argowyn: (and you made me cum 10 times*

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

A compliment if I've ever heard one.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Freshening up one of my original L40 characters, since I had two free retcons and some nice gear ready to equip, I decided to try a presence-based "tank mage" with the Protector specialty perk that grants extra threat when in Hybrid mode and using Aura of Radiant Protection. While it was certainly very hard to die, DPS was poor and I really only felt useful on the scrubbiest of teams because I had a lot of trouble getting and keeping aggro. I retconned again around Int/Dex/Ego and am gonna go with this - the support aspect is still pretty strong when required, but my damage output is much higher and the character is a lot more engaging to play:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...J002WID438W3Swk

Name: Pain Pixie

Super Stats:
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Hero
Level 6: Coordinated
Level 9: Jack of All Trades
Level 12: Martial Training
Level 15: Command Training
Level 18: Covert Ops Training
Level 21: Sniper Training

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Sigils of Ebon Weakness (Rank 2)
Level 6: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
Level 17: Dark Transfusion (Rank 2, Blood Sacrifice)
Level 20: Skarn's Bane (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
Level 26: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
Level 29: Overdrive
Level 32: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Planar Fracture (Rank 2, Double Vortex)
Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Lunge in, everything's feared and maybe drop Sigils of Weakness (really pretty enormous -36% to -54% damage debuff depending on mode), Evasive Maneuvers away, Dark Transfusion, Planar Fracture, Skarn's Bane, Lifedrain, poo poo dies

e: durr had some wrong picks in that posted earlier, corrected

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 12, 2013

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
AoPM outside of a support role hardly does anything for your teammates and doesn't do much for you aside from give you more energy. And as nice as more energy is, taking a damage/tanking passive is a shitload better.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

AoPM outside of a support role hardly does anything for your teammates and doesn't do much for you aside from give you more energy. And as nice as more energy is, taking a damage/tanking passive is a shitload better.

Well yes I'd only run it in support mode, in which Sigils of Ebon Weakness debuffs -17% damage per sigil (and I've discovered they stack up to 5) and also heal shitloads with Lifedrain/Advantage (whatever it's called, I forget). Energy is really not a problem with Dark Transfusion, which is a fabulous power I think I'm going to be taking on a lot more future characters (with the advantage it also buffs all damage +50%).

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
New patch to hit Live. With Lockboxes.

Lockboxes that may yield infinite water balloons and infinite party amp bombs.

:getin:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dinictus posted:

New patch to hit Live. With Lockboxes.

Lockboxes that may yield infinite water balloons and infinite party amp bombs.

:getin:

Guess I know what I'm spending my backlogged stipend Zen on.

Oh and don't forget, they work on bosses and persist during cutscenes.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I love opening an alert with party bombs, tell the team HANG BACK Y'ALL I GOT THIS - party bomb on the boss, BOOM FLAWLESS VICTORY!
e: Holy poo poo I wish they had treated all the currencies as account-wide instead of specific to each character. You should not be reluctant to log into and play any given character because of the logistics of managing all your stupid funny moneys.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 13, 2013

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Another tip along those lines is that if you take Swinging and spam it enough during an alert start, occasionally it'll be active when the bubble breaks and you'll go flying into the cutscene.

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.
I've also seen some of the travel powers with inertia (ice slide, for example) send people gliding past the enemies, aggroing them all during the cutscene.

Sadly, the news post mentions that the unlimited dance ball in the lockboxes "only causes self to dance" and so probably won't be any good for that sort of thing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It's a bad day to be a chair in Champions Online. Every day is a bad day to be a chair in Champions Online.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Welp my Munitions character came out pretty drat adequate. With mercenary gear (10-15g each on auction) I have something like 60% dodge, 50% avoidance - but with effects from Quarry and Lead Tempest/advantage employed, that jumps to 72% dodge/74% avoidance, along with healing from BCR/advantage, and 15 seconds of godmode with Masterful Dodge. And that's in offense mode. When did Munitions and Quarry get so strong? They certainly weren't anything like this at release time.

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...T030FRx3UbT43KK

Name: Sanction

Super Stats:
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Powers:
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Close the Gap)
Level 6: Killer Instinct
Level 11: Gatling Gun (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Breakaway Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Smoke Grenade (Escape Artist)
Level 23: Lock N Load
Level 26: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 29: Lead Tempest (Rank 2, Tread Softly)
Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Masterful Dodge
Level 38: Strafing Run (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2)
Level 35: Jet Pack (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
Dexterity: Evasion (2/2)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Guardian: Make It Count (3/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Probably around the time On Alert went live. A lot of things got changed around in that patch, as I understand it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Yeah, my Munitions heavy character went from meh to death incarnate after that patch.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So, I recently jumped back into this game after a long hiatus... are there any updated versions of the guides in the OP? I took a look at them to figure out how good the new Power Armor chest slot heal was, but half the powers in the set are missing from the guide.

I kinda wanna make a Munitions/Single Blade character using the munitions for range and abusing the Bleed on SMG Burst

Also I had a bunch of zen for some reason, I may have bought some the last time I played and forgot about it or something. But I picked up the Black Talon transformation power with it for shits and giggles, and it's surprisingly very fun. I wish there was a normal energy builder like the Assault Cannon in that form.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I think the bleed on SMG burst is pretty low chance (15% iirc) if you aren't real close to the guy where it becomes 100%. Not to mention that unless you use quarry, you cant benefit both your munitions/single blade at the same time, which may not matter Quarry is awesome.

Put something together for us with http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html and I should be able to help fine tune it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

HukHukHuk posted:

I think the bleed on SMG burst is pretty low chance (15% iirc) if you aren't real close to the guy where it becomes 100%. Not to mention that unless you use quarry, you cant benefit both your munitions/single blade at the same time, which may not matter Quarry is awesome.

Put something together for us with http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html and I should be able to help fine tune it.

I think it's per tick in that instance, using it with form of the swordsman on a group in the powerhouse got me up to 8 Focus in one maintain.