Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Since they're focusing on all the kids, they could have introduced Thor's sons and daughter, but they already wasted one of them with that overlong Hydra bullshit.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Ultimate Thor is going to end up being Old Thor from the current Thor run. So Galactus is already back hanging with Franklin.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
If Kaine can take the Scarlet Spider name then Ultimate Thor can bring back Thunderstrike B-)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kaleidoscope posted:

If Kaine can take the Scarlet Spider name then Ultimate Thor can bring back Thunderstrike B-)

Masterson's kid already beat him to the punch!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

Masterson's kid already beat him to the punch!

That is one godawful outfit. Even his father's 'Extreme Thor' look was better.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Inkspot posted:

Kitty gets big and fights Galactus as a distraction.

Reed and Tony open up a portal to the Negative Zone.

Thor knocks Galactus into the portal and gets sucked in along with him.

They close the portal.

The End.

Remember when this was going to be the thing that destroyed the Ultimate Universe and Miles would jump to 616 and other ideas :allears:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Waterhaul posted:

Remember when this was going to be the thing that destroyed the Ultimate Universe and Miles would jump to 616 and other ideas :allears:

Technically Miles did, he just came back.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I should have learned the lesson about being interested in Bendis events after Age of Ultron. :smith:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I kind of feel ripped off.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Everybody should have learned their lesson after Hunger!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
What's the difference between the new Avengers and Spider-Man books? They look identical.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Inkspot posted:

What's the difference between the new Avengers and Spider-Man books? They look identical.

Spider-man will be his solo book, Avengers will be a team book with his friends. That reminds me its time for a return of Kong.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Inkspot posted:

Spider-Man will be written by Bendis so will be where any effecting changes happen to the character.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Waterhaul posted:

Everybody should have learned their lesson after Hunger!

At least Hunger ended with a giant Ga-Lak-Tus/Galactus explosion and the destruction of a fleet instead of a "No more Galactus" cosmic star-wipe.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

bobkatt013 posted:

Spider-man will be his solo book, Avengers will be a team book with his friends. That reminds me its time for a return of Kong.

Pfft. Like Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is a "solo" book?

According to Wikipedia, he and his mom skipped NYC. I don't remember that. Must have been while Kitty was The Shroud.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Inkspot posted:

Pfft. Like Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is a "solo" book?

According to Wikipedia, he and his mom skipped NYC. I don't remember that. Must have been while Kitty was The Shroud.

I think it was after Peter's death. He was in Ultimate Super-friends.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That was a really bad event ending and everyone involved in it should feel bad.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

The real question now is are we going to go a year without an Ultimate Universe relaunch where EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Yeah I'm kind of staggered by how poo poo this was.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
At least it's finally over, so just maybe read next month's "Survival: Here's some teaser pages for the next relaunch" and finally get back to reading about Miles.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Seriously, did Captain America even die? It just seemed like no one made mention of it happening at all.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

At least it's finally over, so just maybe read next month's "Survival: Here's some teaser pages for the next relaunch" and finally get back to reading about Miles.

Its a memorial for Cap and most likely Thor, and we know Bendis can write those.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

E the Shaggy posted:

Seriously, did Captain America even die? It just seemed like no one made mention of it happening at all.

Both died in the most incredibly "off-screen" ways possible.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
I haven't been paying a ton of attention to Ultimate besides Spidey lately. Was Cap still President when he died?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

E the Shaggy posted:

Of course not.

He was shown to be getting a parachute just before impact.

He'll resurface when they need a cover character boost.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Mister Roboto posted:

He was shown to be getting a parachute just before impact.

:smuggo: I thought parachutes were for girls?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

DynamicSloth posted:

:smuggo: I thought parachutes were for girls?

Guess he rethinks that in the face of a giant planet eater.

Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Ultimate Thor lost his godhood though and was just working with a set of power armor and a Mjolnir that Tony made for him, so he can't just make portals. It'll be interesting to see if he ever pops up in 616 since, you know, Galactus has got to pop back up and that would generally mean a portal back out. BUUUT it'll probably never be mentioned and Thor will be treated as dead.

The other gods died, but didn't they reappear?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fuckstick Electric posted:

The other gods died, but didn't they reappear?

No, but it was shown that Thor sees them as ghosts from Valhalla. Also Thor's son lived through the City's attack on Asgard, but then turned evil and got killed.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Also Thor's son lived through the City's attack on Asgard, but then turned evil and got killed.

When was this? I think I'm missing a trade.

Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012

TwoPair posted:

No, but it was shown that Thor sees them as ghosts from Valhalla. Also Thor's son lived through the City's attack on Asgard, but then turned evil and got killed.

So they did reappear.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
In retrospect, nobody knowing if Thor was actually Thor or just some buff hippie who occasionally performed miracles was not so bad.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Inkspot posted:

In retrospect, nobody knowing if Thor was actually Thor or just some buff hippie who occasionally performed miracles was not so bad.

Yeah, it was far better.

Too bad that Millar decided to end that storyline, maybe he felt he couldn't do more with it.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Mister Roboto posted:

Yeah, it was far better.

Too bad that Millar decided to end that storyline, maybe he felt he couldn't do more with it.

I thought it was Loeb that did that.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

sleepingbuddha posted:

I thought it was Loeb that did that.

Ultimates 2 ends with an Asgard invasion full of Norse soldiers, wolves, ogres and a giant serpent. Loeb just turned Thor into regular 616 Thor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mister Roboto posted:

Yeah, it was far better.

There was only so long you could drag that out.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lurdiak posted:

There was only so long you could drag that out.

It was the first time the ultimate universe ever had an actual mystical thing in it that wasn't in someone's head alone. Along with Beast coming back from the dead (and thus ending dead is dead in the UU) it was one more thing that was unique about the UU that was lost. That's part of what's been killing the Ultimate line for awhile.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Genetic Toaster posted:

When was this? I think I'm missing a trade.

It was at the end of Humphries' run. It turned out that Modi, Thor's kid, was basically the mastermind behind a ton of the events that were leading America to be fractured. He was using the Mind Gem, but Captain America managed to knock it off him long enough for Thor to attack and Thor killed him.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mister Roboto posted:

How long have they been doing the whole "Moon Knight is really passionate* (*or loving psycho) about fighting crime" kind of things with characters?

Just have everyone accept it and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Are there any good stories with Jessica as the main/lead? One shots, or arcs or anything? I've always thought she was an interesting character but haven't read a whole lot with her in it.

• Locked thread