Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

holy poo poo Steamworld Dig is soooo gooood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Christ, that didn't stay on sale long. I swear they only announced the upcoming sale last week. And nah, I'll pass unless it goes on sale again.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

holy poo poo Steamworld Dig is soooo gooood

I bought Steamworld Dig one night because I was suffering from a bad case of jet lag and just didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. As hopelessly tired and exhausted as I was, I played the whole thing through in one five-hour binge.

So yeah. Worth nine dollars!

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Where do people go for eShop sale info online besides here? :P

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I just pull 'em off NOA/NOE press releases.

The PAL 3DS eShop has a static "Special Offers" section on the main screen that lists all the active sales, can't speak for the other stores.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I come here, thank you PaletteSwappedNinja.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Yeah, seriously thanks dude. I check this thread to see your posts primarily, it's a big help.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Same. If it weren't for this thread the only 3DS game I'd know about is AA5. I think I have 4 eshop games thanks to this thread!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^Thanks, dudes! I just wish Nintendo did a better job of listing this crap themselves.

Anyway, NA dudes, Unchained Blades (3DS eShop) got a permanent price drop to $19.99.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

^^Thanks, dudes! I just wish Nintendo did a better job of listing this crap themselves.

Anyway, NA dudes, Unchained Blades (3DS eShop) got a permanent price drop to $19.99.

Your posts are literally my only source of information on eshop releases and sales, I'd be completely lost if you stopped posting these.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

uPen posted:

Your posts are literally my only source of information on eshop releases and sales, I'd be completely lost if you stopped posting these.

Just in case that day comes, I must say Nintendo Life do a pretty great job keeping on top of the Nintendo downloads. Back when the Virtual Console was seeing a ton of releases they were actually a few separate sister sites, one of which was VC Reviews and focused entirely on the Virtual Console (and later WiiWare). They reviewed every VC game as they came out, it was really invaluable.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is AA5 out at midnight GMT?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not a first-party or high-profile release, so no. It should come out when the eShop usually updates, which I think is about noon EST.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
AA5 isn't a high-profile release? :psyduck: Isn't it the biggest e-shop exclusive to come out in a long while? It doesn't bother me so much as I'll be at work tomorrow anyway, I just wanted to start that download going ASAP.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Only Nintendo-developed/distributed games tend to get midnight releases.

Anyway, NOA announced a permanent price drop for Nintendo Land; it'll be $29.99 on the eShop starting November 1.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I just watched the video for City Connection on the eShop and holy lol it looks really bad.

I want AA5 but I probably won't be able to get it till I get home from work tomorrow. :f5:

Has anyone seen mention if the eShop release of Devil Survivor: Overclocked contains the patch which came out for it, and if it fixes the awful bugs which were reported?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

AA5 isn't a high-profile release? :psyduck:

The series has been in limbo for years (at least outside of Japan) due to miserable sales. It's a small miracle that it's coming out at all, even as a retail game shunted down to "eShop Exclusive" status. What fanfare were you really expecting?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's an eshop exclusive from a major publisher.
It wouldn't kill them to flip the switch at midnight.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
What time does the Europe eshop usually update? I know the shop is updated whenever I check Friday local time but if it is not too late I might stay up and play a bit of Ace Attorney. I am UTC+11 though so maybe not...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

I just watched the video for City Connection on the eShop and holy lol it looks really bad.

I want AA5 but I probably won't be able to get it till I get home from work tomorrow. :f5:

Has anyone seen mention if the eShop release of Devil Survivor: Overclocked contains the patch which came out for it, and if it fixes the awful bugs which were reported?

I'm pretty sure the NOA release for DeSu:OC has no such bugs and that the bugs occurred due to Ghostlight monumentally cocking-up whatever localization they had put together.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Wark Say posted:

I'm pretty sure the NOA release for DeSu:OC has no such bugs and that the bugs occurred due to Ghostlight monumentally cocking-up whatever localization they had put together.

Don't worry about the bugs in the European version, there is a patch that fixes it. I am guessing on the eShop version you will need to download it, then check the eShop for updates and install it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

jtm33 posted:

What time does the Europe eshop usually update? I know the shop is updated whenever I check Friday local time but if it is not too late I might stay up and play a bit of Ace Attorney. I am UTC+11 though so maybe not...

It should update around midnight, maybe a little later. Bear in mind that you have to manually close/reopen the eShop for the storefront to refresh.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It should update around midnight, maybe a little later. Bear in mind that you have to manually close/reopen the eShop for the storefront to refresh.

Sounds good then; might get a bit in before sleep.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Yeah, NOA specifically still has a lot of really stupid policies, and this one is right up there. I'm just saying that Ace Attorney is not the breakthrough title that will show them the error of their ways.

The biggest 3rd party game coming out for the 3DS in the near future is what, Batman: Arkham Origins? Maybe NOA will post that at midnight, since that game has a decent mainstream appeal and also carries a hefty license. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Sarchasm posted:

The series has been in limbo for years (at least outside of Japan) due to miserable sales. It's a small miracle that it's coming out at all, even as a retail game shunted down to "eShop Exclusive" status. What fanfare were you really expecting?

Twitter has been buzzing about AA5 for a while now, more so than any other game. I didn't realise the games were so unpopular these days. Maybe it was something to do with AA4 featuring a new main character? No one called the series Ace Attorney prior to the fourth game, I always heard it as 'Phoenix Wright'.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
It's one of those games with a bit of a cult status, especially among gamer types/gaming news sites. It was also thought to one of those games that would never leave Japan, so the translation announcement got a bit more attention because it was a shock. It's getting a fair bit of attention from gaming sites which skews the perception that a lot of people don't know about it or don't want to play a text adventure about an anime lawyer. I'm not saying that in a disparaging way about the game or "casual" gamers, either.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

thelaughingman posted:

I just don't understand why Senran Kagura Burst would get a US release. These types of games never make it outside of Japan. It just looks so pointless and stupid.

Call me weird, but when I saw this announcement a couple months ago I was pretty impressed. Seeing things like this coming gives me a little hope for other more interesting foreign games coming over, like AA5. The eShop has made it more profitable for companies to bring niche titles over, so hopefully things will continue like this.

You can see this happening on PC as well, with Steam. People like Carpe Fulgur (see their blog if you thought they were dead), Capcom bringing eXceed, Ikaruga, XSEED bringing Ys and so on. Most of those are remakes or older games in Japan, but seeing that there's actual demand for them here in the west is hopefully going to keep bringing these games over.

Edit: Submit is not preview.

Onean fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 24, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm interested in seeing how well AA5 will sell, actually, since I'd attribute a lot of the bad sales of the AA series to the fact that even my toaster is powerful enough to emulate the games.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The fact that it's an "eshop exclusive" isn't a good thing. They have such little faith in it selling here that they didn't even bother spending money on a retail release of it. It's probably not even up to Capcom to "flip the switch" anyway, it'll be some NOE/NOA goomba doing it.

Wark Say posted:

I'm in Europe.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Twitter has been buzzing about AA5 for a while now, more so than any other game. I didn't realise the games were so unpopular these days. Maybe it was something to do with AA4 featuring a new main character? No one called the series Ace Attorney prior to the fourth game, I always heard it as 'Phoenix Wright'.
It has always been a pretty niche series which a lot of people haven't heard of. It does have a fanbase outside of Japan, but I wouldn't say it's huge.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

irlZaphod posted:

The patch's been out for a while, you have to download it on the eshop.

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It's a very niche game with a strong cult following so I'm not surprised. On that note, when is this game supposed to be released? I keep checking the store and all I can download is the demo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Not sure about other regions, but AA5 is available to purchase in the UK now. It's like 4400 blocks I think.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 24, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's 1AM here and NOA is dilly-dallying with their press release so gently caress it, I'm off to bed. Wii U is getting Baseball/Golf on the VC, 3DS is getting Star Soldier, there'll probably be some other crap too but noone cares because PHOENIX WRIGHT.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
PW is out in US now.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Big NA Resident Evil sale going on right now through Halloween.

Wii U: Resident Evil Revelations (19.99)
3DS: Resident Evil Revelaitons (9.99) / Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (9.99)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I figure the 19.99 one is worth getting. What's the Mercenary?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

greatn posted:

I figure the 19.99 one is worth getting. What's the Mercenary?

Mercenaries is the Mercenaries minigame from RE5 with a few extra characters/missions. It's a fun game but it is literally nothing but score attack arcade play. No plot or anything like that.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Help Im Alive posted:

Not sure about other regions, but AA5 is available to purchase in the UK now. It's like 4400 blocks I think.

Also don't forget to check for the costume DLC (at least in Europe), it's free of charge.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Healbot posted:

Also don't forget to check for the costume DLC (at least in Europe), it's free of charge.

To confierm - it's free everywhere until November 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005
Well, poo poo, I bought RE:R without thinking it's huge - 25795 blocks. I'm 15000 blocks short.