Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

The game is more based on Sentai, and Sentai actors have a history of moving on to very mainstream and popular things.

Right, but what I'm getting at is that I'd like to see actors that haven't moved onto mainstream/popular things, in-game reflected by not being based on actors that are already in mainstream/popular things. Less Wesley Snipes and more Walter Jones, is what I'm saying. That way it'd feel more like "bunch of unknowns being hired" like PR was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My team isn't quite as progressive, but Lead is a black martial arts dude (RED), second in command is this furry guy (GREEN, swapped the colors and roles by accident) techie is this ginger dude (BLUE) scout is a latin lady (PURPLE) and assist is a blond girl (PINK). I kinda find my mix-up funny because the ginger guy looks tough and is weak and shoots a lot while the guy dressed in a panda suit destroys goons in one attack.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Testekill posted:

That was in space that had the crossover.
I missed this but I'd figure I'd correct this. Lost Galaxy was the one that had the crossover.
EDIT:
Huh? I swear there was a goofy rear end crossover in Lost Galaxy but what can I be thinking of?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MadScientistWorking posted:

I missed this but I'd figure I'd correct this. Lost Galaxy was the one that had the crossover.
EDIT:
Huh? I swear there was a goofy rear end crossover in Lost Galaxy but what can I be thinking of?

The only crossover in Lost Galaxy was with the In Space Rangers themselves.

They also had a shout out to Doctor Who but that's neither here nor there.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

MadScientistWorking posted:

EDIT:

In Space had the crossover with the Turtles cartoon, and the third season of the original Mighty Morphin' had a crossover with Masked Rider.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The turtles crossover was the only turtles tv show that WASN'T a cartoon.

Although, it does totally have the soundtrack of an awful cartoon.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Light Gun Man posted:

The turtles crossover was the only turtles tv show that WASN'T a cartoon.

Although, it does totally have the soundtrack of an awful cartoon.

It was actually a full series that they crossed over with, not just them making suits for a one-off event. Bear in mind though that this was relatively close to the release of the second turtles movie (couple years after, I think) so its not like live action turtles were an unheard of thing at the time.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Cliff Racer posted:

It was actually a full series that they crossed over with, not just them making suits for a one-off event. Bear in mind though that this was relatively close to the release of the second turtles movie (couple years after, I think) so its not like live action turtles were an unheard of thing at the time.

Yeah I know, the sound effects I'm talking about are from the full on show. They are horrible and constant. It's like a soundboard of generic cartoon sound effects going off constantly and sometimes they play that little tune that plays when burning software finishes and it's loving weird.

It's a pretty bad show, don't watch it. It had pretty much exactly one good idea, which is squandered: Shredder was homeless after his defeat and the turtles wondered if they could forgive him / should help him for about 2 minutes.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Since we don't really have a Chroma Squad thread, does anyone have any tips for the Woodman fight? Having only one effective damage-dealer is hell. :(

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MisterBibs posted:

Since we don't really have a Chroma Squad thread, does anyone have any tips for the Woodman fight? Having only one effective damage-dealer is hell. :(

No tips from me sadly, I kinda just brute forced my way through by having my support constantly healing my assault. I would suggest using as many weapon-based team attacks as possible since that should take out a decent chunk of woodmans health.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Chroma Squad thread is here.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The proper debut of the 6th Ninninger got me to watch for the first time since the first episode. Am I correct in thinking Takaharu is the worst Red, literally, ever

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Raserys posted:

The proper debut of the 6th Ninninger got me to watch for the first time since the first episode. Am I correct in thinking Takaharu is the worst Red, literally, ever

Pretty much, yeah.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Raserys posted:

You misspelled "Right"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Right is pretty generic, but at least the actor gave enough of a poo poo to try that "emotion" thing everyone seems to be raving about.

StarNinger's selfie attack was pretty funny, at least.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SKY COQ posted:

You misspelled "Right"

Right was fine, definitely better than Takaharu. Right was a better red than Jan from Gekiranger.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Whoa whoa whoa, the gently caress was wrong with Jan? Pork cube stew, man.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, the gently caress was wrong with Jan? Pork cube stew, man.

He was loud, obnoxious, overly excited about everything and supremely uninteresting as a character.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That actor gave all he had, though, and was charming. Way better than Takaharu, who's as charismatic as an Eggo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

That actor gave all he had, though, and was charming. Way better than Takaharu, who's as charismatic as an Eggo.

I actually don't disagree with you; Takaharu is the worst red I've seen. The difference is that I hate Takaharu because he draws attention away from the rest of the team, who deserve more screen time. In Gekiranger, everyone got screen time and I didn't like any of them except Violet.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

I actually don't disagree with you; Takaharu is the worst red I've seen. The difference is that I hate Takaharu because he draws attention away from the rest of the team, who deserve more screen time. In Gekiranger, everyone got screen time and I didn't like any of them except Violet.

I adore Gekirangrer. The characters are basically manga archetypes. Once I understood that, I was golden. That's not to say that I don't love Jungle Fury because I love it, too, but I think the writer's strike really screwed up its ending story arch. For example, who wouldn't want to see Fran piloting Dom's zord like Miki got to do with Ken's?

As a side note, I finished Dino Thunder and it was a lot of fun. Too bad its ending was a wet fart. Upon recommendation from friends, I am now watching TimeForce. Jen is so great. :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The real question is who is worse, Takaharu or Troy?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I haven't watched Megaforce, so I defer to your judgment.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Solaris Knight posted:

The real question is who is worse, Takaharu or Troy?

Troy because he lasted two sentai adaptations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Takaharu because the bad part of an otherwise cool show sticks out a lot worse

No idea why they hired a guy that bad at sounding excited for a standard shonen hero role

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
On one hand, Takaharu prevents the others from getting a chance to be real characters, but on the other, the season hasn't finished yet, and they had the audacity to replace Captain Marvelous with Troy, so I'm inclined to say the latter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Brother Entropy posted:

Pretty much my feeling, too. Give us a different lead, and I'd probably have stuck with Nin^2. Give Super Megaforce a different lead, and it'd just be a waste of good talent in a still-bad show.

That's not to say that a single excellent character can't make a bad series worth watching, it's just that they have to be amazing (Oren during the meandering, aimless middle part of Kamen Rider Gaim is a good example), while even just someone who was mediocre would make Nin^2 watchable.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Raserys posted:

they had the audacity to replace Captain Marvelous with Troy, so I'm inclined to say the latter.

This is a super compelling argument, but

Brother Entropy posted:

this is incredibly accurate. The other Ningers are cool, the villains seem pretty great and the monsters are amazing. There's just this huge problem of Red being terrible.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Some Numbers posted:

this is incredibly accurate. The other Ningers are cool, the villains seem pretty great and the monsters are amazing. There's just this huge problem of Red being terrible.

This wouldn't even be that big of a deal if the series didn't give Kyoryuger a run for its money on Red-centrism. At least it's gotten a bit better at that, but it was unbearable how everything went around Takaharu.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

This wouldn't even be that big of a deal if the series didn't give Kyoryuger a run for its money on Red-centrism. At least it's gotten a bit better at that, but it was unbearable how everything went around Takaharu.

Yeah, it's a bit of a problem when the one getting the lion's share of the focus is also the worst actor out of the entire cast. Maybe he'll get better as the show goes on though, one would hope anyway.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

Maybe now it will shift into Gold-Centricism as he tries to kick everybody's asses for grandpa attention.

Also, Marvelous->Troy was an atrocity, but everybody in the main cast of Dino Charge is a perfect cinnamon roll, so it kind of makes up for it in my book.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Maybe now it will shift into Gold-Centricism as he tries to kick everybody's asses for grandpa attention.

Also, Marvelous->Troy was an atrocity, but everybody in the main cast of Dino Charge is a perfect cinnamon roll, so it kind of makes up for it in my book.

6th getting focus for a few episodes is typical after their introduction

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Takaharu can't even convincingly deliver that awful "I'M FIRED UP" line that they are desperately trying to make a catchphrase. Where is Akagi from Akibaranger? He could do it!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Morby posted:

Takaharu can't even convincingly deliver that awful "I'M FIRED UP" line that they are desperately trying to make a catchphrase. Where is Akagi from Akibaranger? He could do it!

Yeah, those guys delivered an alarmingly enthusiastic "Pain is Strength". I really liked Akibaranger a lot :shobon:

Also, I'm really looking forward to Power Rangers Ninja Force, or whatever, so we can get like a full 2 or 3 episodes of mileage out of "Really? A cowboy?" from the western cast who can't even believe they have to deal with this crazy Texan or whatever. Maybe Saban will find a Red who can convince us that he's Fired Up.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
That's hot. I'm on fire.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SKY COQ posted:

That's hot. I'm on fire.

Power Rangers needs more Goths.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So apparently there is going to be a Dekaranger reunion and everyone agreed to come back for it, which sounds awesome.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Morby posted:

So apparently there is going to be a Dekaranger reunion and everyone agreed to come back for it, which sounds awesome.

More Ayumi Kinoshita :swoon:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

greatn posted:

More Ayumi Kinoshita :swoon:

No kidding :swoon:

I found an awesome Umeko civilian figurine for my fiancée which finally arrived. Apparently there is a Jasmine to go with it, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

My heart is under arrest.