Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pro Target

theres a bunch of hidden caveats too

for example, did you know this one you quoted

quote:

A special ring granted to only the most
accomplished sorcerers at the Vinheim Dragon
School.

The ring is engraved with an everlasting
dragon, and boosts the strength of sorceries.

alsoa ffects pyromancies, despite never mentioning it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Pro Target posted:

explain how your argument differs fro mthat one.

if you can't differentiate enjoyability from hoop tediums just to get in the game, oh well. I guess the rest of the game doesn't matter either because the obfuscated part at the beginning where you're learning the controls is the real meat

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Pro Target

Hmm I must be enjoyign wrong because i enjoy discovering mechanics in video games instead of having them laid out in front of me so i can really get downt ocrunching numbers

Pro Target

also i never made any ultimatums at all, I just said that saying that obfuscatign mechanics is always bad is a stupid position to take

Scaly Haylie

one part of the dark wood grain ring being not explained is what we in the english language call an "oversight".

do you know "oversight" pro target

Pro Target

the game purposely never gives numbers for any of those buffs, which is also obfuscating them mechanically

Pro Target

The truth is you got annoyed by one thing in one game and made an insane generalization and now yorue desperately trying to rationalize it

Pro Target

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w

Scaly Haylie

look. i had a bad time with stalker, but dark souls is a B-A-D example of a video game failing to explain poo poo and maybe you should get off From's dick for a second and realize that

Pro Target

are you saying its a bad example or that its bad at explaining things

Pro Target

Please stop obfuscating your sentences!!

Scaly Haylie

all right i don't think we're ever really going to get anywhere on this so let's just both agree that the eggman song is good

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

if you dont like stalker, i'm afraid you're going to have to leave

GoodbyeTurtles

I've played about 50 hours of it and only just found out that i can throw bolts, now i'm just throwing them at everyone because i discovered a cool new mechanic by myself

Salmiakki

Lizard Wizard's posts in this thread posted:

https://youtu.be/AKm5YBm6iBc?t=1m55s

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

lol

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

gonna throw out the pieces to this twilight imperium game here hope you enjoy trying to figure it out. it's always bad. always.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

it's fine if you enjoy it, I'm just glad game design moved on for the most part

Sloppy Milkshake

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Chill la Chill posted:

it's fine if you enjoy it, I'm just glad game design moved on for the most part

Pro Target

Chill la Chill posted:

gonna throw out the pieces to this twilight imperium game here hope you enjoy trying to figure it out. it's always bad. always.

uhh, nobody in this thread is talkjing about your weird stupid boardgames. nobody cares about shuffling numbers around on hexes in the real world and typing ratios into calculators and poo poo. if youre 'glad' game design moved on from a more organic and natural exploration to a childrens counting activity then i feel sorry for you because you have ea broken rear end brain and imagination and cant actually have fun at all

Pro Target

also board games isnt even a real comparison since the system is run by humans obviously you have to understand it ahead of time you loving imbicile. the entire reason video games are different is because the system operates via dialectic between the game and player. you cant feel out the rules in a board game because youd just be making them up. its so obviously idiotic

i am he

Pro Target posted:

uhh, nobody in this thread is talkjing about your weird stupid boardgames. nobody cares about shuffling numbers around on hexes in the real world and typing ratios into calculators and poo poo. if youre 'glad' game design moved on from a more organic and natural exploration to a childrens counting activity then i feel sorry for you because you have ea broken rear end brain and imagination and cant actually have fun at all

bog pixie

i love to count

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

bog pixie posted:

i love to count

ONE bad lizard wizard post
TWO bad lizard wizard posts
ah ah ah ahhh!

Scaly Haylie

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

if you dont like stalker, i'm afraid you're going to have to leave

i don't hate stalker, just saying i wish it was easier to get into

Swizzbutt

just beat stalker for the first time

quite a funny ending that I got but it felt anticlimactic

Pro Target

Lizard Wizard posted:

i don't hate stalker, just saying i wish it was easier to get into

part of stalker's enjoyability IS its obtuseness. it reflects the environment depicted in the game

Pro Target

To make it easier to get into would diminish some of what makes it interesting to begin with. its meant to be simulating an extremely harsh environment without pulling punches and it does that effectively by maintaining a sense of constant danger via Hidden Variables

Pro Target

The zone is a mysterious place

Scaly Haylie

yeah. to be honest i probably need to cuddle up to the game by myself instead of trying to dive into it on a stream.

GoodbyeTurtles

I've not actually finished the story of CoP yet, I'm at Pripyat but haven't done the (maybe final??) mission but I got caught up in exploring and finding cool new stuff to get killed by/ sell

I'm gonna have a go at the mission soon though, because I'm pretty sure I've got all the unique weapons I'm gonna need

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH

Pro Target posted:

The zone is a mysterious place

me irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZB6kQRaYg

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Pro Target

i just bought a grafix table tot play Osu better after playing for 2 days because im an idiot who uses consumer electronics to fill a gaping void in my life,and i own 10-15 different game specific controllers also

Pro Target

next up a beatmania controller

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

bog pixie posted:

i love to count

one - nothing wrong with me
two - nothing wrong with me

VWVWV

Pro Target posted:

i just bought a grafix table tot play Osu better after playing for 2 days because im an idiot who uses consumer electronics to fill a gaping void in my life,and i own 10-15 different game specific controllers also

I bought a cheap wacom in middle school to make it Big in the WebComics Industry but I mostly used it for osu. at least you didn't buy a cintiq?

they should put eba on wii u virtual console. I wanna see the dog ride a skateboard to deep purple on my tv

Pro Target

VWVWV posted:

I bought a cheap wacom in middle school to make it Big in the WebComics Industry but I mostly used it for osu. at least you didn't buy a cintiq?

they should put eba on wii u virtual console. I wanna see the dog ride a skateboard to deep purple on my tv

i got the unbranded version of http://store.ppy.sh/store/product/1 because its extraordinarily cheap comapred to other options and quite good for playing the game from everything ive heard

Scaly Haylie

i started playing ravensword: shadowlands last night

it's good if you like bad games

tao of lmao

looks like JJ Abrams directed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
you should start worshiping that lantern. it holds the face of god

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake