Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Inzombiac posted:

In no way is celebrating the best holiday on Earth a problem.

True. I loving love Halloween, but let's at least start trickling in Halloween stuff in September at the earliest.

Gonna start hearing Christmas music over most store PAs next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wrong. Halloween should be all days.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Okay, I'll subscribe to your newsletter, but let's keep Christmas in December, dagnabbit.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I saw a bug and now I can't sleep :ohdear:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Goons posted:

Halloween stuff
I object on the grounds that selling the stuff for the holiday more than a month before the actual month it occurs in is annoying as poo poo.

But on the other hand, all the candy gets cheaper... :munch:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
my steel water bottle cap is making my water taste weird so i havent been drinking as much water on the whole while i wait for the manufacturer to ship me a new cap so i can have good tasting water again

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You Are A Elf posted:

Okay, I'll subscribe to your newsletter, but let's keep Christmas in December, dagnabbit.

At the very least, after Thanksgiving.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I just got a nice new refrigerator and had to painstakingly peel off and transfer all the magnetic poetry. :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I cried at a non-Pixar cartoon. One that airs on Cartoon Network. Not the pony one, thank god. loving pre-period hormones!

I want to find games like the old Sega ones, Road Rash and Rampage, for the Wii to play with my niece and nephew and the reviews are not that great.

What was the cartoon? :3:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i cried this morning listening to a recap of michelle obama's speech, specifically the part where she said she woke up every day in a house built by slaves

the first world white guilt is real. my ancestors weren't even slave owners. hitler killed 6 million of us. come on, son.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I haven't cried in like a decade. Maybe I'm dead.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I bought a thing of watermelon juice and it's much too sweet.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I'm like 90% done the housework I planned for today, and it's really hard to get the last chunk done.

My houseplant has doubled in size recently, so I need to go buy a new pot for it. Why do I have to be so good at growing things?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We moved into the top floor for the summer because it has AC that can be regulated.
It's the only place we can set up our guinea pigs and they won't die if we are out of the house for the day but this also means we have to sleep on an air mattress.

We have a memory foam topper that is great for me but my GF hates it. But if we don't sleep with it, my back will be sore all day.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am finally joining the modern world and getting a smartphone. Also because I want to play Pokemon Go when I go out for exercise walks. But I have no idea wtf I am doing. I don't know what 3g is versus 4g or if the Galaxy 6 is better than the iPhone and then sometimes I think I should just keep my stupid flipphone and remain hidden from technology.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I ordered something that was supposed to be delivered today, but instead got a message saying that they were unable to deliver it and I have to go and collect it from the post office. What the gently caress is the point of paying for delivery when they don't loving deliver it? :argh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am finally joining the modern world and getting a smartphone. Also because I want to play Pokemon Go when I go out for exercise walks. But I have no idea wtf I am doing. I don't know what 3g is versus 4g or if the Galaxy 6 is better than the iPhone and then sometimes I think I should just keep my stupid flipphone and remain hidden from technology.

The only phones you should buy are either the iPhone or the Google Nexus unlocked phones. Don't buy Samsung or LG or anything branded with other companies unless it says Nexus on it. That's the only way you get the latest updates in a reasonable time. People that buy other phones can wait a year before getting the newest updates. All iPhones get the latest software updates unless it's really old like 5+ years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Google hasn't released an Android update good on release for ages now, Samsung etc.'s slowness might even be a feature at this point.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Whenever N comes out I have no doubt my Nexus 6 will get it within weeks. Who knows how long it will be for a Galaxy? Samsung doesn't care. And they've been actively developing their own Tizen OS.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm going to be a whore here and tell you to sign up with Google Fi.
I did a while ago and I love it. My bills are $70 on paper but I actually only pay for what I use. So, on average, my bills are $35.

It's public now so anyone can sign up. The Nexus phones are great and easy to use. Plus, Fi uses the T-Mobile and Sprint coverage maps simultaneously. You can also call over wifi and not have it cut off if you move out of range.

poo poo is choice.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have seventy SA LP episodes to watch and I work at 4 PM tomorrow

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

What was the cartoon? :3:

I can guarantee it was steven universe

A great show, you should watch all of it because it's an emotional rollercoaster at a certain point

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

thecluckmeme posted:

I can guarantee it was steven universe

A great show, you should watch all of it because it's an emotional rollercoaster at a certain point

A loving men. Get past some of the more kid poo poo in the first season and it's pretty brutal for a child show.

I'm eyeing the iPhone 6 (not the plus or s or se or what the gently caress did the Kardashians name this poo poo) but let's see Google Fi. So it's like a new carrier?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Cowslips Warren posted:

A loving men. Get past some of the more kid poo poo in the first season and it's pretty brutal for a child show.

I'm eyeing the iPhone 6 (not the plus or s or se or what the gently caress did the Kardashians name this poo poo) but let's see Google Fi. So it's like a new carrier?

Thought so. Love that show. Looking forward to the next two episodes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cowslips Warren posted:

Yep. It's Google saying, "How about a phone service that was affordable and not a piece of poo poo?"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Inzombiac posted:

Yep. It's Google saying, "How about a phone service that was affordable and not a piece of poo poo?"

Nice! I've been on Wind for a couple years now, paying 35 a month for unlimited texting/calling and 5 gigs data (but I can go over with no charge sooo...). Just the second you leave whatever major city you are living in, you're roaming and things can get a little pricey. Will be glad to see more cheap providers!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Now to see how much Verizon will snap me for closing my account...

FWP so this isn't a pure shitpost: motherfucking grown rear end childless men complaining about Disneyland being ruined with the new attractions. Tower of Terror is being torn down for some Marvel ride, and my idiot friend is whining about it and deleting any comments of people who tell him to stop being such a oval office. "But it's not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair or riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight this suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks it's classic Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisneeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!"

Dude, you are almost loving 40 years old, you probably have a gaggle of security guards near you every time you go to Disneyland alone because you look like a loving pedo ax murderer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're not even tearing it down, they're just changing the set dressing from Twilight Zone to Guardians of the Galaxy.

And it's not even at the Florida one that people care about. And and it's only been around since 1994 (and the specific one they're changing only 2004.)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I almost flew out of the ToT cause I was like 60 lbs and for some reason they let me on. This was when it was just built. I was clinging on the rail. This was before they had seat belts and they only had the rail. Yeah a 60 pound with a bunch of 300lb fatties isn't gonna be protected by the rail cause it doesn't go down low enough due to some guy's giant stomach.

Still love roller coasters though.

FWP: the lines for roller coasters are so long that I don't want to go, even though it's one of my favorite thing to do, which is sad :(

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I went to Disney World on February and there wasn't a lot of people, which ruled.

First world problem: I want to work from home today as well, but I have to go to the office.

outerpeace
Jan 11, 2005
Let's play a little game I like to call "asking for it"
I have a terrible cold and it's so hot outside. Also, I feel bad using sick time because I'm taking vacation all next week.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I finally had a night where I could game until bed and Stranded Deep had had an update that nuked my save file so I had to spend all of that time starting over and learning the new content instead of mindlessly stocking up on supplies and aimlessly sailing around. Now I have to wait a few days until I can have another go at it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I sent half of my Rimworld colonists offplanet last night and I have to wait till tomorrow to play again and get the remaining colonists into shape.

I also want to do an LP of it but I don't have the time.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I would switch to Fi from T-mobile if I got unlimited music streaming thru Fi like T-mobile. Is that a thing?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have to see my doctor about my diabetes, as injecting insulin twice a day is clearly not keeping my blood sugar down. I really don't want to, because one option would be to inject 3x a day and I don't want to have to lug around the vial and syringes everywhere.

(it doesn't help that, food-wise, my day to day options are high-glydemic or not eating..)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Drink broccoli smoothies like me. Then eat 2 string cheeses.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
One of my friends has an insulin pump that he keeps in his pocket, it seems to work p well because he sometimes eats a lot of donuts :|

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Even though I don't really care about my job, my work ethic is superb so I can't just slack off and let the current take me.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

One of my friends has an insulin pump that he keeps in his pocket, it seems to work p well because he sometimes eats a lot of donuts :|

The most FWP of all of this is that for the better part of a year I've been on a "I'll never be able to eat well, but I'll at least eat decently" kick, combined with more exercise than I had gotten previously. Generally it's worked at keeping my weight at least stable, with occasional loss.

Now a sizable chunk of things that I've switched to from less healthy stuff is Diabetically Bad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Drink broccoli smoothies like me. Then eat 2 string cheeses.

What do you put in your broccoli smoothies and how loving strong is your blender?