Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
if you believe her supporters, liz warren will be running any day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

okay so o'malley is a character from the wire who else we got going here...

jim webb right? isn't he the white citizens council candidate?

chafee, closet republican

anyone else? wasn't schweitzer going to run before he had quite possibly the worst presidential fluff piece published with him holding a gun and going "i am uncomfortable around women and homosexuals" or was that just a duck dynasty episode

i laid it out yesterday in the primary thread. you got tough on riots Nixon, moderate on riots biden, and liberal on riots mcmalley

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

okay so o'malley is a character from the wire who else we got going here...

jim webb right? isn't he the white citizens council candidate?

chafee, closet republican

anyone else? wasn't schweitzer going to run before he had quite possibly the worst presidential fluff piece published with him holding a gun and going "i am uncomfortable around women and homosexuals" or was that just a duck dynasty episode

webb and schweitzer are both "hmm maybe I can use social conservatism, populism and race-baiting to reclaim white hicks" guys, so they're kind of redundant. I bet only one of em will run

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lotka Volterra posted:

I don't believe America is ready for a Native American president.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Uuuuugggghhhhhhhh

Everything itches

Taking the day off due to random ideopathic full bodily inflammation, bye

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Lotka Volterra posted:

jesus gently caress tell 'em to vote bernie already

like, you've got your guy

you don't need her to run

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Uuuuugggghhhhhhhh

Everything itches

Taking the day off due to random ideopathic full bodily inflammation, bye

maybe you shouldnt kick H cold-turkey? Although now that I think about it, "cold turkey" probably has different connotations to you than it does for me.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

PupsOfWar posted:

webb and schweitzer are both "hmm maybe I can use social conservatism, populism and race-baiting to reclaim white hicks" guys, so they're kind of redundant. I bet only one of em will run

trying to appeal to the baser desires of white people in these times may actually be more immoral than during de jure segregation and racial tyranny since back in the 60s af least you had some shot of winning on it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Awww poor babbies. Life's not easy for a willful Typhoid Mary.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i ventured into the warhammer book thread in my haze of boredom earlier today and unearthed a treasure:

Zephyrine posted:

[Atlas Shrugged is] pretty accurate in how people who work for self interest are considered evil while they are literally carrying society on their backs.

I live in Sweden and we pay about 50% in tax here to cover our vast welfare system that makes is so that education and medical care is free and no person ever has to be without food or somewhere to live.

When I work an 8 hour day. 4 of those hours are taken by the state and given to the people. Which is something I'm fine with.

But with the remaining 4 hours I can buy myself a house, a car, a nice computer and other luxuries. But for this I am demonised. Left sided political parties want to add and raise property taxes so that I get to pay higher arbitrary fees on my house that I bought in part with those 4 hours. People who speak out against such laws are villainized for not wanting to "Pay their share"

A student that lives completely on the system I pay for can easily take a moral high ground over me simply for visiting some rally to speak out against the flavour of the week social injustice.

The book is 95% garbage but I do not regret reading it.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randler posted:

This post is probably harder on me than on you, but I will move past and heal.

scott walker eyes

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PupsOfWar posted:

jesus gently caress tell 'em to vote bernie already

like, you've got your guy

you don't need her to run

Bernie Sanders is the Mike Gravel of the 2016 election

and I say this as someone who enjoyed Gravel's cocaine-in-the-senate ramblings

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

problem the first - youre reading a thread for talking about warhammer books

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
quitting h full turkey is pretty bad, but alcohol withdrawl can kill you. how bad's getting off coke, migf? oh, wait

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

paranoid randroid posted:

problem the first - youre reading a thread for talking about warhammer books

today was a very boring day

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
goon love of sanders is already making me look forward to his concession

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

scott walker eyes

I think that's an insult to the glorious asymmetry which is Scott Walkers face. He's a human Picasso

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CoolCab posted:

quitting h full turkey is pretty bad, but alcohol withdrawl can kill you. how bad's getting off coke, migf? oh, wait

dunno, never done coke.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Germany fact: Under German law, an individual is not able to have property rights regarding a house, i.e. you cannot own a house.

Come to Germany, house-owner hating leftists. :v:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

dunno, never done coke.

bulllllllllll poo poo

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

My Imaginary GF posted:

dunno, never done coke.

hrm. when you said you sometimes regret waking up after a night out in "your head, your liver or your nose" what does the third refer to

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

Germany fact: Under German law, an individual is not able to have property rights regarding a house, i.e. you cannot own a house.

Come to Germany, house-owner hating leftists. :v:

When you say things like that, what I hear is "Jews are unable to own homes in Germany. Come to Germany, anti-Americans"

CoolCab posted:

hrm. when you said you sometimes regret waking up after a night out in "your head, your liver or your nose" what does the third refer to

I do not recall.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jagchosis posted:

"Look I know he doesn't have a chance but maybe..."

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

When you say things like that, what I hear is "Jews are unable to own homes in Germany. Come to Germany, anti-Americans"

Jews aren't able to own houses in Germany either. It's not antisemitic because nobody is able to own houses, though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

i ventured into the warhammer book thread in my haze of boredom earlier today and unearthed a treasure:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CoolCab posted:

huffing his own shitposts. it's called cyberjenkem.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

Jews aren't able to own houses in Germany either. It's not antisemitic because nobody is able to own houses, though.

"Jews aren't able to own homes in Germany." But don't worry, its not anti-semitic! Not like Germans have a history of seizing property from Jews.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Sharkie posted:

this is a good post

just wanted to say that, bye

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i thought Sanders' whole Thing was that he was going to make Hillary have to address some vaguely leftie issues

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

i thought Sanders' whole Thing was that he was going to make Hillary have to address some vaguely leftie issues

it is, why?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Sharkie posted:

you huff with your mouth, you snort with your nose

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

V. Illych L. posted:

That's the idea, if it works out then cool

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I stopped vomiting

Now I'm just making GBS threads

I think I prefer the making GBS threads

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

"Jews aren't able to own homes in Germany." But don't worry, its not anti-semitic! Not like Germans have a history of seizing property from Jews.

If jews can't have property of houses, the property cannot be seized. :colbert:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

zoux posted:

it is, why?

well, in that case you'd think the nihilist left itt would applaud it/efforts to make it be a serious factor in the primary season

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Jagchosis posted:

after 2008 with Ron Paul AND Obama, i think a lot of people ITT are very subject to hype fatigue

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

well, in that case you'd think the nihilist left itt would applaud it/efforts to make it be a serious factor in the primary season

Haha, you cannot fathom how deep our cynicism runs.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

zoux posted:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

zoux posted:

Wait, you're a leftist? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gift horse eh? Open wide Bessie.

• Locked thread