Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Try lowering your settings

whether its at max or all at minimum, the game dips between 20-40 fps constantly, especially in places like irithyll, and there are other stutters all the time. i looked it up and there was a virtual memory trick you could do to alleviate this and it didnt help at all lol

with an r9 380 i have to stare at the floor and play this like goldeneye if i want a good framerate on any setting its rly annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

You will only know true freedom when you cast your shield aside.

disagree.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might have to start using a shield since the place I'm at was getting really really hard. Although I haven't played since Saturday, fell into a deep Castlevania hole

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I might have to start using a shield since the place I'm at was getting really really hard. Although I haven't played since Saturday, fell into a deep Castlevania hole

His name?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grant DaNasty

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Abyss Watchers on the second try wasn't too hard actually.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

One thing I miss from blood borne is enemies eating your bloodstain. Dying is almost inconsequential in this game because it's so easy to sprint back to your souls

The only thing is I wish it powered up the enemy that ate it. Make it real scary.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that was really dumb and enemies who had nothing to do with your death would eat your souls sometimes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I miss the clang when you zone in bloodborne. Sometimes followed by indistinct whispers as your insight went up in horror.

Of course I'd be disappointed if they didn't stay original to the souls series though.

I love how loud the knights and bosses are. They grunt like the iron knuckles in Zelda when they owning you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

that was really dumb and enemies who had nothing to do with your death would eat your souls sometimes

well yea, its just the first enemy to walk over your souls. you can actually watch them eat it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I miss the clang when you zone in bloodborne. Sometimes followed by indistinct whispers as your insight went up in horror.

Of course I'd be disappointed if they didn't stay original to the souls series though.

I love how loud the knights and bosses are. They grunt like the iron knuckles in Zelda when they owning you

the rusty iron gate sound for dark souls invaders is incredible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If I don't meet the FTH or INT requirement for a weapon but I meet everything else can I just use it normally without the weapon art or does it still use triple stamina? I wanna use Morne's Hammer but don't really want to grind FTH to 30

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Although a WOG weapon art sounds pretty sick , gently caress, maybe I will

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

Although a WOG weapon art sounds pretty sick , gently caress, maybe I will

It casts reaaalllllllyyy slow

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

well yea, its just the first enemy to walk over your souls. you can actually watch them eat it

i never knew this lmao. hosed up. im still not a fan tho, i like "corpse" runs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah all of the magical weapon arts need their animations sped up 50% or something lol. wolnir's sword takes so long winding up for the WoG i cant imagine anything being hit by it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I.N.R.I posted:

that shell maiden who gets chased by the winter lantern in the dlc scooped up my souls more times than i'd like to admit and i saw her do it every time

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
dancer was sort of tough, but i got her after a few attempts. i tried co-oping there, but every phantom would just get owned nearly immediately, regardless of what i did to help them.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

speaking of which are the dancer swords any good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

secret about the dancer: you can fight her as soon as that lady in the room dies, by any means. so you could get access to lothric extremely early if you can beat dancer lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homework Explainer posted:

speaking of which are the dancer swords any good

i turned her soul into them, and i don't like the moveset very much. i didn't really try them against enemies, so i can't speak to the damage.

Bobnumerotres posted:

secret about the dancer: you can fight her as soon as that lady in the room dies, by any means. so you could get access to lothric extremely early if you can beat dancer lol

she's one of the few bosses i've needed ember level health to beat, so i'm pretty sure i'm not doing that any time soon.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lot of the weapon arts are almost worthless. For example the Dancer's L2 doesn't do jack poo poo against anyone who has real armor on.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dancer was fun to fight with the twinblades

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the prospect of putting on the pontiff damage ring and the equivalent pyromancy to become a death blender is appealing but i doubt there are many opportunities for that in real play

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

A lot of the weapon arts are almost worthless. For example the Dancer's L2 doesn't do jack poo poo against anyone who has real armor on.

a lot of them just take too long lol. like the greatsword stomp and swordspin..boy i hope no one sees it coming

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like how there are two different areas i can explore now. the lower one was kicking my rear end, and the upper one seems more manageable, so i have to decide which to focus on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I also love how this game tosses out Titanite Shards like candy so you can try out a variety of weapons and upgrade them a little bit

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Guys I hosed up.

I was all set to be Guts in Dark Souls 3, but I stopped using ultra greatswords completely and now exclusively use dinky straight swords because they're so much better anyways.

I've found my own behelit and it is a Heavy Infused +6 Dark Sword...

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

the prospect of putting on the pontiff damage ring and the equivalent pyromancy to become a death blender is appealing but i doubt there are many opportunities for that in real play

tje old wold curved greatsword also has added health e: and damage on consecutive swings so im curious if it stacks

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 18, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

please throw a lloyd's talisman at a mimic. every1 knows what that does already prob but they have some new animations for it that are incredible lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's apparently a lake at the bottom of the catacombs, but i can't figure out how to get down there. can someone give me a little hint?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

there's apparently a lake at the bottom of the catacombs, but i can't figure out how to get down there. can someone give me a little hint?

try wrecklessness at the bridge

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The profaned swords follow up after stomp buffs the weapon for like a minute and is insanely awesome and I used it to beat the last third of the game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The cathedral of the deep is win.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

yeah, it's a really great area. i especially love the graveyard on the outskirts.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

There hasn't been a single area I haven't enjoyed so far

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

There hasn't been a single area I haven't enjoyed so far

i didnt really enjoy farron keep my first time through but i also got lost in it for a couple hours so ill probably love it in retrospect like blighttown

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

i didnt really enjoy farron keep my first time through but i also got lost in it for a couple hours so ill probably love it in retrospect like blighttown

It was the least objectionable poison swamp area in the series by far

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have what feels like a pretty modest investment in health (my vit is at 20), and my cindered healthbar feels insanely long. i think i'll probably put a lot less into health next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is there any quest trigger stuff I can gently caress up by continuing into Boreal Valley before Smouldering Lake? Or vice versa? Not sure where to hit first

• Locked thread