Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is that egg mixture still taped to the wall in the fermentation station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Looks like we're getting a celebrity Bake Off this spring with the proceeds going to charity.

https://twitter.com/DizzeeRascal/status/1354906315940917249

:neckbeard:

Also, for those who are starved for the Bake Off content, there are three seasons of the Great Canadian Bake Off out there, with the fourth starting in February. One of the hosts of the first two seasons is Dan Schitt Levy. It's not as... polished as the OG, but the contestants are nice and the bakes look good so it hits the same general spot.

Depending on where you are, you'll probably need :filez: to find it, sadly.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:lol: at the fuckin It's Alive video

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They have a disclaimer as the top comment now, lol.

quote:

Hi, we realize there are safety concerns about this video and want to make sure everyone is able to try out these recipes as safely as possible --

Canning at home is tricky, but it can be done in a safe and consumable way. We chose a water bath canning method for this video in order to demonstrate, for camera, how proteins coagulate and flavors change during the canning process but the way that we demonstrate canning in the video is not shelf stable or meant for long term storage.

We regret that we didn't provide the whole picture but if you do want to can seafood safely at home follow these tips:

1. Cook seafood to internal temperature by type:
Trout = 240 Degrees Fahrenheit and held at temperature for 60 minutes
Mussels = 240 Degrees Fahrenheit and held at temperature for 46 minutes
Lobster = 240 Degrees Fahrenheit and held at temperature for 46 minutes

2. Have a high-pressure cooking system for low acid food (this includes meats, seafood, dairy, and vegetables); pressure cooker temperatures can reach 250° Fahrenheit. This added temperature coupled with steam, results in super-fast and hot cooking times for canning.

3. Be abundantly cautious if you don't have a professional jar sealer: if you are making this at home, we recommend you refrigerate and consume within a couple of days.

Read the USDA How to Guide Complete Guide for Canning at Home: https://www.healthycanning.com/wp-content/uploads/USDA-Complete-Guide-to-Home-Canning-2015-revision.pdf

Why is the video still up as is without that added in lol.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 30, 2021

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
He lost weight?

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
A big lol at the idea of still watching any content that BA/Conde Nast produces

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Old Swerdlow posted:

A big lol at the idea of still watching any content that BA/Conde Nast produces
Literally almost word for word what I was about to post. gently caress that channel.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

oh, hard agree, which is why it's fun to see em' fall on their face

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

been up for > 24 hours and not even 150k views, what a shame!

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

eke out posted:

been up for > 24 hours and not even 150k views, what a shame!

And a lot of the views seem to be "oh my god look at this link, they're gonna kill someone"

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Why would people watch anything produced by conde at this point

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Have any of their recent vids even hit a million views?

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
Looks like they pulled the vid. What a clusterfuck.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
drat, I missed out on a shitshow?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

horchata posted:

Have any of their recent vids even hit a million views?
Lol not at all
Before:

After:

Edit:
Here's a link to the video not through youtube:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/brad-makes-canned-seafood-170000645.html

Edit 2:
jfc the BA subreddit is just depressing. I'm not sure how active it was before the fiasco but it looks like the only thing that gets double digit comments now is people duplicating Claire's dishes from her channel.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 30, 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sweat poteto posted:

Looks like they pulled the vid. What a clusterfuck.

Ahaha from racism to actually killing their viewers, BA is constantly looking for new and interesting ways to gently caress up.

Unrelated, I thought the Celebrity Bake Off would be mostly UK celebs I've never heard of but they got Daisy Ridley and James McAvoy.

I've been watching the latest season of Junior Bake Off and Liam still rules but I like Ravneet Gill too. She and Liam have great chemistry and she's fantastic with the kids.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
They got David Baddiel, Rob Beckett, and Katherine Ryan from Taskmaster, and that's the best reason to recognize someone's name.

watch taskmaster

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Leraika posted:

They got David Baddiel, Rob Beckett, and Katherine Ryan from Taskmaster, and that's the best reason to recognize someone's name.

watch taskmaster

very excited to see what, based on his taskmaster episodes, i assume will be a massive clusterfuck when david baddiel attempts to bake things

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

eke out posted:

very excited to see what, based on his taskmaster episodes, i assume will be a massive clusterfuck when david baddiel attempts to bake things

Will Rob Beckett's big teeth give him an advantage? Will Katherine Ryan destroy anymore familial trust in a bid to win?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The only Taskmaster contestant I would trust to bake anything would be Richard Osman. Even with the vision impairment.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I wanna see the Taskmaster do Bake-Off. I imagine Greg Davies towering over a Kitchen-Aide while cursing and sweating profusely would be amazing television.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

James Acaster as the chaos agent since Noel Fielding is already involved lol.

Also seconding the "watch taskmaster." They even do cooking tasks! This one features Mel and Noel from Bakeoff with some other folks being given the task to "make an exotic sandwich."

https://youtu.be/HQOiMRQoRRM

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Eat This Glob posted:

Also seconding the "watch taskmaster." They even do cooking tasks! This one features Mel and Noel from Bakeoff with some other folks being given the task to "make an exotic sandwich."

James Acaster was already on celebrity bake-off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zky4p5HBYE

he does it about as well as could be expected.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

This is amazing. I've never heard of this show and now need to see all of it. Ahaha Noel's sandwich.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Thought someone would link the most unsettling food-related task, but I guess I gotta be the change etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EylSOBOuqNY&t=972s

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Trabant posted:

Thought someone would link the most unsettling food-related task, but I guess I gotta be the change etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EylSOBOuqNY&t=972s

lmao i forgot all about that!

Leraika posted:

James Acaster was already on celebrity bake-off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zky4p5HBYE

he does it about as well as could be expected.

I've only seen a season or two of bakeoff as i only started watching about a month ago. Ill have to watch Acaster and company lmao

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is amazing. I've never heard of this show and now need to see all of it. Ahaha Noel's sandwich.

the first 9 or so seasons are free to watch on youtube. I stumbled upon it during the pandemic and it was so joyful. i passed it along to my boomer mom and gen z brother and everyone loves it

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The only thing I've seen of Acaster was his Netflix special and I've been wondering what he's been doing since. Would like to see more of him. Real hard to see Taskmaster in the US, though.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Fartington Butts posted:

The only thing I've seen of Acaster was his Netflix special and I've been wondering what he's been doing since. Would like to see more of him. Real hard to see Taskmaster in the US, though.

How's all of Acaster's season, legal and free, suit you?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Delicious, thank you.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

Nearly 9 seasons are up to view free on youtube at this point on the official channel. It is how I got into the show 9-ish months ago. "Hometasking" is also worth a watch where people in quarantine attempt to complete a task. It is inspiring

e: acaster, rhod, and phil were masterful in their season

e2: acaster's bakeoff effort was everything I could have hoped for lmao

e3: jess and carrie were fantastic too now that I clicked on the link. Maybe my favorite season

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 31, 2021

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Not to spoil too much, but Acaster's season is the current peak of the show. Just amazin' cast.

That said, yeah the other nine seasons are also pretty fantastic and well worth a watch! They use peas and eggs a lot.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
^ Agreed, especially since it's right after season series 6 which I thought was kind of meh. Asim and Alice were great, but it just didn't click for me overall.

I'd love to see the bakeoff with the worst Taskmaster performers. I don't know if they would produce anything edible between them. Nish Kumar being told what the technical is then screaming PISS AND poo poo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Has anyone seen this new Jeff Mauro show, Kitchen Crash, on Food Network? Even for FN, it wears its fake bullshit on its sleeve (and for the love of God, stop trying to make Mauro a Thing, he has all the charisma of a soaking wet pair of swim trunks).

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Speaking of flat charisma, is there a good collector out there of bad cooking shows? Along the lines of Sandra Lee's many weird creations, or this lady: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lf4qFL9nGU, or even Cooking with Hoarders. Love them so.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Timby posted:

Has anyone seen this new Jeff Mauro show, Kitchen Crash, on Food Network? Even for FN, it wears its fake bullshit on its sleeve (and for the love of God, stop trying to make Mauro a Thing, he has all the charisma of a soaking wet pair of swim trunks).

Jeff Mauro off-camera is one of the most positive, kind, delightful people on the planet. Turning a camera on him seems to delete every ounce charisma and it's a drat shame. Kitchen Crash is just a bad show all around and makes him seem painfully desperate. I like the fakey shows on FN but it's too cringey to watch.

Still better than trying to watch Younger Fieri be natural. That kid always looks like he poo poo his pants an hour ago and hasn't changed them.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

fizzymercy posted:

Still better than trying to watch Younger Fieri be natural. That kid always looks like he poo poo his pants an hour ago and hasn't changed them.

Yeah, Hunter should just go into the corporate/restaurant management side of his dad's business and let his rascally little brother be the camera hog.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The World Inferno posted:

Speaking of flat charisma, is there a good collector out there of bad cooking shows? Along the lines of Sandra Lee's many weird creations, or this lady: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lf4qFL9nGU, or even Cooking with Hoarders. Love them so.

Oh no
oh god no. I need the mint julep version of this video, I remember these all to well.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Re: bad cooking shows, If you want to feel nauseous, just go on youtube, look up "simply Sarah bologna salad" (or any other salad, really). it makes my fatass really want to get into nutrition science

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

The World Inferno posted:

You can find some pretty wild rear end poo poo on tik tok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Kay's Cooking, of course. Its your old aunt from Brexit Island who's cool and likes rock music and other assorted things, and also really loves to cook! However, her food is...well....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNto-3DvDpw

Bonus points for the son who gets to taste everything too.