Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

dissss posted:

It wouldn't have been if you were in Europe

Really? How about if I lived in Antarctica?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

leica posted:

I was surprised at how nice the q50S is in person, what a sweet sedan.

I didn't like the Q50. Electric steering is mediocre and the car feels like a rolling tech demo with two touchscreens.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Why aren't you guys talking the about the hellcat jeep wrangler?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-707-hp-jeep-wrangler-trailcat-is-the-hellcat-in-glo-1764041078

the seats come from the viper, apparently.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kraftwerk posted:

This thread has got me really interested in the big sedans.. Between the new Impala, Genesis, Lacrosse and Avalon it seems like a really nice lineup. i suspect the Genesis is still the best value of the bunch, especially with standard AWD.

The Impala is where I would spend my own money, but the Genesis is a decent value.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
That looks like a hot wheels car in a good way

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I was "meh" until I spotted the super long transmission shifter now it owns.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

KakerMix posted:

I was "meh" until I spotted the super long transmission shifter now it owns.

Quite frankly the shifter needs to be longer, obnoxiously long.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The Impala is where I would spend my own money, but the Genesis is a decent value.

I'm seriously interested in the Genesis for my next car, I like everything about it and from all accounts Hyundai quality is pretty drat good now. You can get a 2012 5.0 V8 off a 3 year lease with 35k miles for $22k pretty easily....because the fuel economy is hilarious with premium to boot.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I love my Genesis, just put it through it's first Canadian prairie winter with flying colours.

Had one issue with the immobilizer going haywire and stranding me but a battery disconnect and reset got it back up and running. Canada gets the only V8 AWD version too, but the v6 has plenty of power and I never feel underwhelmed when I need to punch the accelerator.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jeeps are awful vehicles for anything that isn't literally crawling over rocks and through streams and mudholes, and their typical owner is a brotard who couldn't drive a 4WD Wrangler down a gravel road without getting it stuck twice.

That said, I would DD the gently caress out of that.

:gizz:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jeeps are awful vehicles for anything that isn't literally crawling over rocks and through streams and mudholes, and their typical owner is a brotard who couldn't drive a 4WD Wrangler down a gravel road without getting it stuck twice.

That said, I would DD the gently caress out of that.

:gizz:

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

TKIY posted:

Had one issue with the immobilizer going haywire and stranding me but a battery disconnect and reset got it back up and running.

What is the point of an immobilizer if this works?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

devmd01 posted:

I'm seriously interested in the Genesis for my next car, I like everything about it and from all accounts Hyundai quality is pretty drat good now. You can get a 2012 5.0 V8 off a 3 year lease with 35k miles for $22k pretty easily....because the fuel economy is hilarious with premium to boot.

That's an awesome price.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Network42 posted:

What is the point of an immobilizer if this works?

No, the issue was that the immoblizer wasn't recognizing the fob for some reason so it was killing the fuel pump. Resetting it allowed it to recognize the fob correctly and off I went.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

I'm pretty sure that at least 75% of them here are driven by ladies. It's easily on par with the mk4 Jetta as a chick car.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

blugu64 posted:

That looks like a hot wheels car in a good way
No way anyone taller than 5'6" fits in that, but that does look amazing.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
The new A4 is not bad. Needs more rear-bias in the power delivery, although that's not going to happen. Manuals will be available eventually, but no Avant.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Some other Jeep concepts that turned up recently.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Digging that Renegade pickup a whole lot

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Car wearing a hat
Wagoneer
Radio Flyer

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Some other Jeep concepts that turned up recently.

WTF is this stupid thing? Where's the Nukiz...

quote:

:stare:

That's better.
4 doors is kinda lame and on trend with pickup trucks turning into chevy avalanches though.

Just build this drat thing, chryco.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sudo Echo posted:

Car wearing a hat
Wagoneer
Radio Flyer

Now I can't unsee this. :v:

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Honestly I really like the renegade trucklet, it seems like the amount of truck I might actually use.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The melted plastic front end doesn't really mesh with the bed made of stamped kalashnikov receivers.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Oddly enough, that's exactly why I like it.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Q_res posted:

Oddly enough, that's exactly why I like it.

Kinda reminds me of how all pickup trucks used to look. All rounded curves up front, and then a packing crate stuck on the back with wheel wells attached.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 12, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

BloodBag posted:

That's better.
4 doors is kinda lame and on trend with pickup trucks turning into chevy avalanches though.

I'd be happy to park that next to my Avalanche that is in no way flawed. :colbert:

No but really, jeep trucks are awesome and its a shame none of these concepts will actually be made.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
how does a 2 door truck carry groceries anyways

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

go3 posted:

how does a 2 door truck carry groceries anyways

Pretty sure you put them behind the bench seat?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
In the gigantic cargo box behind the cab.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

In the gigantic cargo box behind the cab.

literally nobody with a pickup does this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BloodBag posted:

my dad did when i was a kid :colbert:

he had a topper though and we shopped at sams club so

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Throatwarbler posted:

The melted plastic front end doesn't really mesh with the bed made of stamped kalashnikov receivers.

It's the opposite of a mullet. Party up front and business in the back.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

BloodBag posted:

I do.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Yeah, our single cab long bed has a board so I have a place to put groceries and don't roll around. Ranger is ext cab and also use the bed. Why wouldn't you use the bed?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Because you don't want everything to go rolling forward out of the plastic bags if you have to brake even remotely hard?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Christobevii3 posted:

Yeah, our single cab long bed has a board so I have a place to put groceries and don't roll around. Ranger is ext cab and also use the bed. Why wouldn't you use the bed?

http://dai.ly/x2s86g3?start=432

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

Because you don't want everything to go rolling forward out of the plastic bags if you have to brake even remotely hard?

You're supposed to hang the grocery bags off the guns on your gun rack.

Advanced pickup truck users hang the grocery bags off the barrel of their bed-mounted .50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Hey you guys:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160314/OEM04/303149970/now-in-the-black-psa-weighs-returning-to-n-a?cciid=email-autonews-weekly

I would be stoked as gently caress for a DS3 in the US. Or a C5 with the hydropneumatic suspension.

The odds and timeline of the US and Iran achieving a complete rapprochement are both higher and shorter than the odds of PSA returning to the US, respectively.