Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That would never happen you loving Lowtax.

E: you voted for Trump. Twice. And you support Pewdiepie on Patreon.

lmao you have absolutely got to chill

you can't just call someone a lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Actually, having “warm” be positive numbers and “cold” be negative numbers makes way more sense

A lot of people would find it cold when it's still above freezing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

JollyBoyJohn posted:

this is absolute madness. at least when I prefer miles or feet theres no starting base, Celsius literally has water freezing at 0 and boiling at 100, you couldn't make up a more perfect system if you tried

Celsius and Fahrenheit both fail big‐league at the only thing that matters, putting zero where it belongs.

The size of the divisions is unimportant.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Shibawanko posted:

i detest bridges in songs

Sad. Simon and Garfunkel speak very highly of you.

I havent asked the Red Hot Chilli Peppers because gently caress the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Have RHCP done politically terrible things recently? That's like the 3rd contextless "gently caress RHCP" I've read this month

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Have RHCP done politically terrible things recently? That's like the 3rd contextless "gently caress RHCP" I've read this month

People just really loving hate them. They’re a very polarizing band, which means in actuality they are pretty good.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Henchman of Santa posted:

People just really loving hate them. They’re a very polarizing band, which means in actuality they are pretty good.

I mean their earliest poo poo is awful and i havnt really listened to anything past Stadium Arcadium but Blood Sugar is top 40 all time material

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

lmao you have absolutely got to chill

you can't just call someone a lowtax

I think you'll find I just did.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

A lot of people would find it cold when it's still above freezing.

Those people are just objectively wrong, and probably, worse, from the west coast. Trash all.

PHUO: LA weather would drive me to insanity before Iceland weather

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't really like rhcp but I do appreciate the fact they were in the beavis and butthead movie

My wife absolutely hates them which makes it fun to trick her into listening to them

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Rhcp is a weird band because everyone in the band is great except anthony kiedis, who sucks terribly and is made entirely of heroin and hepatitis

Like if you took the vocals out of every chili peppers song they would all be classics but nope you got dollar store iggy pop droning on and ruining them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

which reminds me, joy division has some pretty sweet riffs and the producer gave them a great sound, but Curtis's voice just doesn't sound very good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

Rhcp is a weird band because everyone in the band is great except anthony kiedis, who sucks terribly and is made entirely of heroin and hepatitis

Like if you took the vocals out of every chili peppers song they would all be classics but nope you got dollar store iggy pop droning on and ruining them

It's the modern Rolling Stones. Except the Rolling Stones are also the modern Rolling Stones.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I made myself think about them when making a pun about bridges in songs and it's probably myself I should be mad at, truthfully. I can't think of a new song of theres I've heard in like 15 years.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

the last thing i ever read about the red hot chili peppers was anthony kiedis kicking one of the other members out of the band for being "no longer in my world" artistically

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It really bugs me when morgues in movies are dark. The morgue would be just as well lit as the rest of the hospital, if not even better lit because that's where they examine stuff. So a dark morgue is just a completely unrealistic attempt at spookiness.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

we can chalk that up to nobody ever just turning the lights on in horror movies

which reminds me, is there any real world reason cops are always shown looking around with flashlights instead of just turning on the lights?

the landlord was like "oh he's dead? guess I'll turn off the electricity in only his apartment then"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

It really bugs me when morgues in movies are dark. The morgue would be just as well lit as the rest of the hospital, if not even better lit because that's where they examine stuff. So a dark morgue is just a completely unrealistic attempt at spookiness.

I can't say I remember seeing a lot of dark morgues in any movies or TV, except when someone's breaking in at night for some hilarious shenanigans (pronounced sheh-na-NYE-djens) and/or satanism. Usually they're really brightly lit and have one buzzing/flickering light fixture. Could you post an example?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Henchman of Santa posted:

I liked "Otherside" and "Parallel Universe", but not really enough to dig into the rest of their discography. "Fight Like a Brave" is tolerable in the context of video games.

Manager Hoyden posted:

I hit puberty at the exact right time to end up finding '90s Anthony Kiedis insanely hot, but I know nothing about him personally. How does he suck?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Same with spaceships in movies, they're always so dark. Particularly annoying with Star Trek, where the TV show Enterprises are well-lit and look like pleasant places to be. Transition to movies and suddenly it's mood lighting all round for some reason. Or maybe the events of movies always happen during the night shift.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Same with spaceships in movies, they're always so dark. Particularly annoying with Star Trek, where the TV show Enterprises are well-lit and look like pleasant places to be. Transition to movies and suddenly it's mood lighting all round for some reason. Or maybe the events of movies always happen during the night shift.

:emptyquote:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I can't say I remember seeing a lot of dark morgues in any movies or TV, except when someone's breaking in at night for some hilarious shenanigans (pronounced sheh-na-NYE-djens) and/or satanism. Usually they're really brightly lit and have one buzzing/flickering light fixture. Could you post an example?

I just watched The Possession of Hannah Grace, which takes place entirely in a very dim morgue

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There aren’t night shifts in fuckin space!!!

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

YeahTubaMike posted:

I hit puberty at the exact right time to end up finding '90s Anthony Kiedis insanely hot, but I know nothing about him personally. How does he suck?

He sucks at singing which is his main job when it comes to matters of the band. His voice sounds like a fog horn pitched up through a heroin needle.

But yeah guy is pretty good looking.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That's the one thing that makes sense, if people are living on a spaceship then you'd want to simulate a day night cycle by dimming the lights at "night". it would help keep the crew from going insane.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm sure they have brain pills for that

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I suppose it's ok that you've not watched The Next Generation, but try and keep that to yourself.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Manager Hoyden posted:

He sucks at singing which is his main job when it comes to matters of the band. His voice sounds like a fog horn pitched up through a heroin needle.

But yeah guy is pretty good looking.
Hell yeah he is

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

That's the one thing that makes sense, if people are living on a spaceship then you'd want to simulate a day night cycle by dimming the lights at "night". it would help keep the crew from going insane.

Exactly.

And make sure to give the highest ranking android officer the graveyard shift.

Nothing could go wrong.

Graveyard shift is just an old idiomatic expression.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

oldpainless posted:

Hell yeah he is

Beto has really let himself go

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I liked "Otherside" and "Parallel Universe", but not really enough to dig into the rest of their discography. "Fight Like a Brave" is tolerable in the context of video games.

Well done picking 3 of the worst rhcp songs in your list

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I can't really take peoples opinion about music seriously who rate bands and artists by songs instead of albums. I mean sure, a song can say a lot about a band but naming songs instead of albums also say a lot about the listener, they never really did listen thoroughly

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Klaaz posted:

I can't really take peoples opinion about music seriously who rate bands and artists by songs instead of albums. I mean sure, a song can say a lot about a band but naming songs instead of albums also say a lot about the listener, they never really did listen thoroughly

Counterpoint if you have to thoroughly examine an album to find evidence an artist doesn't suck that pretty much means that artist sucks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Well done picking 3 of the worst rhcp songs in your list

The only other ones I know are "Scar Tissue" and "Around the World", which are both awful.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

YeahTubaMike posted:

The only other ones I know are "Scar Tissue" and "Around the World", which are both awful.

this thread needs a quick top 5 rhcp songs update

Give it Away
Can't Stop
Snow (Hey Oh)
Higher Ground
Under the Bridge

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The flea and thom yorke atoms for peace album is pretty good but the bass is honestly mixed too loud

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

hawowanlawow posted:

The flea and thom yorke atoms for peace album is pretty good but the bass is honestly mixed too loud

anything that drowns out Thom Yorkies wank voice is a positive

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
In the Before Times when my son attended karate practice, one of the other parents consistently wore only RHCP-branded shirts.

It’s a degree of dedication that is admirable, if not necessary advisable.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Hell yeah he is

That's the guy who's banned from every pub for creeping on the landlord's daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

JollyBoyJohn posted:

this thread needs a quick top 5 rhcp songs update

Give it Away

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. :shrug: