Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I'll just add my recent actual Fire Emblem game experience to the thread derail pile.

I was really, really enjoying Echoes. Then they made every map full of witches who can teleport wherever the gently caress they want and kill your units. I no longer enjoyed playing Echoes.

I doubt I'll ever finish that game.

Free 4* Odin off the new banner, nice.
Bench Forsyth and Valbar, they suck after Chapter 2 and actively make the game harder if you choose to deploy them.

Loving the 4 star rarity change right now, nice to get a full pull where the inheritance is actually useful without spending 2000 feathers, even if I didn't get the Ike I wanted.

Think I'll also use this event to grind up the 3 star inheritance guys to 20 for future use, got some M Robins/Odins/Subakis/Shannas who need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

are you guys ready to rumble

Olivia season, gently caress yeah

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Olivia and Bow Lyn, ew. Thankfully I'll make it to tier 20 and don't have to care about rank this week, but next week will be a shitfest :(.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

A version update nearing a new banner that will soon be followed by a (presumably) PoR/RD Tempest Trial makes me suspect they're gonna add beast units to the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

blizzardvizard posted:

A version update nearing a new banner that will soon be followed by a (presumably) PoR/RD Tempest Trial makes me suspect they're gonna add beast units to the game.

please don't i was finally saving orbs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
intsys please only put in units i don't want for about a month

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm guessing it'll be an RD banner but I don't know if they'll release any Laguz except for like Kurth maybe.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Silque gets it eventually but she summons better units so they're way less useful and she gets it much later. Around mid-chapter 4.

Anyway, my main use for armors come round the endgame was taking hits from dragons and being used as bait for Castor summons. They still weren't great but on some maps they proved real useful.

The lovely level 1 soldiers are so much better though!

In what respect? I measured their usefullness in lifetime / damage absorbed, not damage dealt. Even the Dread Fighter ones were garbage for dealing damage, but they had a substantially longer lifespan.

I also used them to loving maul the sorceror boss in the last fight who was immune to seven attacks, but open for one single attack on the 8th.

Gray loving mutilated him on the 8th attack with a crit - then I sent in Alm to demolish the boss, while a never ending wave of spectral dread fighters kept rushing the boss.

It was cheap, but gently caress it it worked.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Also I really appreciate that they're starting to give out monthly schedules now, it allows me to roughly plan out my orb spending

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

tithin posted:

In what respect? I measured their usefullness in lifetime / damage absorbed, not damage dealt. Even the Dread Fighter ones were garbage for dealing damage, but they had a substantially longer lifespan.

I also used them to loving maul the sorceror boss in the last fight who was immune to seven attacks, but open for one single attack on the 8th.

Gray loving mutilated him on the 8th attack with a crit - then I sent in Alm to demolish the boss, while a never ending wave of spectral dread fighters kept rushing the boss.

It was cheap, but gently caress it it worked.

The lovely level 1 soldiers have the sense to die immediately and not clog up space for your units come players phase. Also the sheer number of soldiers and their awful stats make them way more effective as bait as i'm pretty sure enemies target the unit with the lowest stats, several times gargoyles and the like would ignore the dread fighters because they are too good to be actual targets while still less effective than the actual dread fighters and the like in your army. They're still pretty helpful and all but it's not basically a turn of none of your units getting attacked like Genny's soldiers are.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Brave Lyn's sprite is S tier.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

On the one hand, I get to be a dick and put Brave Lyn and Olivia on my Defence team. On the other hand, so will everyone else.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Time for gronnraven TA Cecilia to do some work

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Time for gronnraven TA Cecilia to do some work
Does Cancel Affinity ruin that? I've see a few Lyns built with it floating around Arena Assault, which is a bit scary.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Does Cancel Affinity ruin that? I've see a few Lyns built with it floating around Arena Assault, which is a bit scary.

It does. In that case I will just nuke her down with Rein.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I knew betting on Tiddy would work. I KNEW IT.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

-SPD Brave Roy. Nice to know that this banner is being a dick to me until my very last pull. Should have just left that 4.5% chance, that's how they get you.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

It does. In that case I will just nuke her down with Rein.
Well poo poo, I was hoping to get a bit more use out of the Raven tome/Tri Adept Sanaki I've been sitting on for months. If Rein's BST is a problem, Xander or Camus with cav buffs can also trash Lyn in one shot as long as she's not +HP or +DEF.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

I knew betting on Tiddy would work. I KNEW IT.

Ike's in the lead again, and if the normal patterns hold, Camilla's only shot is getting a bonus at the right moment. Possible, with how she's been getting breaks every time, but it's not a guarantee.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also.

Guys.

I don't know how closely you guys follow the ~app leaderboards~.

But the CYL banner has, in the past few days, catapulted FEH clear to the #4 spot on the official Google Play charts: https://sensortower.com/android/rankings/top/mobile/us/overall?date=9/3/2017

(That's a third-party tracker but it culls straight from Play Store data.)

Also, on launch day, the banner took the iOS version all the way to #6: https://sensortower.com/ios/rankings/top/iphone/us/all-categories?date=8/31/2017

In case it isn't clear: that is completely, pants-shittingly bonkers for a Japanese-made gacha game (edit: in the States). This means that it is, at the moment, generating money on a similar level to Clash of Clans and Candy Crush, which conventional wisdom said that gacha-style games just can't do in the States. I think that #4 spot - which seems to be holding going into Labor Day - is the highest a game of FEH's type has ever placed on the GPlay Store in the service's history.

I still have some problems with FEH, but it's cool on some level to see it obviously growing the market like this and introducing more people to more complex games on mobile devices. And, hell, hopefully that WAVE OF CASH leads to further improvements to the game. Some other gacha games (F/GO, FFBE, etc) really started to make improvements to the game once they began making the big bucks.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Sep 4, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Ike's in the lead again, and if the normal patterns hold, Camilla's only shot is getting a bonus at the right moment. Possible, with how she's been getting breaks every time, but it's not a guarantee.

The spreadsheet projection is that Camilla's bonus in two hours won't even get her the lead.

This is the one time in a voting gauntlet I've gone into a round deliberately picking the winner, purely because my distaste for Camilla outweighs my desire for feathers. Also because I still have more feathers than ideas for what to use them on, which isn't a place I ever expected to be in.

E: Wait, looked at the spreadsheet again, WTF?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

SpaceDrake posted:

Also.

Guys.

I don't know how closely you guys follow the ~app leaderboards~.

But the CYL banner has, in the past few days, catapulted FEH clear to the #4 spot on the official Google Play charts: https://sensortower.com/android/rankings/top/mobile/us/overall?date=9/3/2017

(That's a third-party tracker but it culls straight from Play Store data.)

Also, on launch day, the banner took the iOS version all the way to #6: https://sensortower.com/ios/rankings/top/iphone/us/all-categories?date=8/31/2017

In case it isn't clear: that is completely, pants-shittingly bonkers for a Japanese-made gacha game (edit: in the States). This means that it is, at the moment, generating money on a similar level to Clash of Clans and Candy Crush, which conventional wisdom said that gacha-style games just can't do in the States. I think that #4 spot - which seems to be holding going into Labor Day - is the highest a game of FEH's type has ever placed on the GPlay Store in the service's history.

I still have some problems with FEH, but it's cool on some level to see it obviously growing the market like this and introducing more people to more complex games on mobile devices. And, hell, hopefully that WAVE OF CASH leads to further improvements to the game. Some other gacha games (F/GO, FFBE, etc) really started to make improvements to the game once they began making the big bucks.

Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle just hit number 1 worldwide by releasing 2 unfinished cards (the leader skills only work in Japan).

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Rudoku posted:

Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle just hit number 1 worldwide by releasing 2 unfinished cards (the leader skills only work in Japan).

Huh, I somehow missed that its Global version managed #1 - I usually more keep an eye on how it does in Japan, and it does well but never quite managed to unseat the twin kings of Fuggo and Monster Strike.

Still, there's also that, but my larger point was that FEH is kind of doing fire right now. It usually hovers between the 20 and 40 spots, banners depending, but CYL has just made the game absolutely storm the rankings in a way I was skeptical it could.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

the guy with the +8 Florina I saw a day or two ago is going to be happy

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Akett posted:

The spreadsheet projection is that Camilla's bonus in two hours won't even get her the lead.

Early on, Camilla was doing so badly against Lyn that she got double consecutive bonuses more than once. But because later bonuses are worth more, the last one was still able to secure her the win. Ike's not necessarily safe just because he's getting big numbers right now.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Yeah, the spreadsheet is projecting a win for her at the moment, that might change as more hard data comes in.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Looks like the whale tier is going to have a lot of Valter.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Now that I know for sure they're cycling through GHBs regularly, it's time to begin Operation Feather Pit.

When you see my 5*+10 F!Robin in events/arena a year from now, nobody better call me a whale. :colbert: Just dedicated and stupid.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Now that I know for sure they're cycling through GHBs regularly, it's time to begin Operation Feather Pit.

When you see my 5*+10 F!Robin in events/arena a year from now, nobody better call me a whale. :colbert: Just dedicated and stupid.

Same but with M!Robin.

Whom, speaking of, I've finally merged my original with a 5* +Spd, -Res one and gotten stuff like Quick Riposte and Drive Attack 2 on him. He'll do good duty as my main Brave!Lyn counter.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You can't make a +10 female Robin because she is a GHB unit. If you could, I would have done the same except for Ursula by now.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Am I thinking properly in giving neutral Lyn Brave Bow+ and threaten speed 3, while leaving swift sparrow on her? Shed hit 43 speed with a goad, i think.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Roger Explosion posted:

You can't make a +10 female Robin because she is a GHB unit. If you could, I would have done the same except for Ursula by now.

I can if they bring back her GHB with additional-Robin quests 4 or 5 times. They're already on Narcian's third and Robin's' third is coming up, so I assumed they'd just keep going through the cycle for new players.

Unless they make it so if you've already gotten the quest Robins, you can't get any more. But I don't think they'd do that.

... W-would they?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Roger Explosion posted:

What he is saying is that he's going to get F!Robins from GHB repeats and thus get enough of her to make a +10 F!Robin.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

big trivia FAIL posted:

Am I thinking properly in giving neutral Lyn Brave Bow+ and threaten speed 3, while leaving swift sparrow on her?

Sure.

LnD is marginally better on offense than swift sparrow but it's not a big loss.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Parasol Prophet posted:

I can if they bring back her GHB with additional-Robin quests 4 or 5 times. They're already on Narcian's third and Robin's' third is coming up, so I assumed they'd just keep going through the cycle for new players.

Unless they make it so if you've already gotten the quest Robins, you can't get any more. But I don't think they'd do that.

... W-would they?
Probably not, but we gon' be waiting a long-rear end time for our +10 GHB units regardless. I'm committed.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
My +Atk Brave Axe+ Cherche has 49 Attack and 32 def. I plan on giving her death blow 3 eventually, which would bump her up to 55 attack on initiation. Does she want Luna, Draconic Aura, or Bonfire?

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Roger Explosion posted:

Probably not, but we gon' be waiting a long-rear end time for our +10 GHB units regardless. I'm committed.
What a dumb idea we have. This is going to take forever, not to mention the 100,000+ feather cost involved. Let's do this.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

My +Atk Brave Axe+ Cherche has 49 Attack and 32 def. I plan on giving her death blow 3 eventually, which would bump her up to 55 attack on initiation. Does she want Luna, Draconic Aura, or Bonfire?

Doesn't really matter since I can't really think of anything that doesn't die when she activates her special.

Draconic Aura and Bonfire are about the same damage-wise with her stats. I went with Draconic Aura.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I gave mine Draconic Aura, but I could see Bonfire working well.

Edit: ^^^ what Andrast said, essentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

It begins

Couldn't hurt to have another Rein counter anyway

Double EXP is kinda a bad time to train up a unit tho since you outgrow the easy lower strata too quickly. Maybe I'll wait till the event is over before continuing